Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2788922 times)

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #11720 on: November 23, 2020, 04:38:05 am »
Ultimately there are a lot of pretenders to the top four/title right now and people are pushing this idea that it's a crazy season, but the vast majority will fall away and city will probably put together enough bursts of form to get top four comfortably before the season is up. They might have genuine trouble breaking the top three though, Spurs and Chelsea aren't great but you don't have to be to beat half the teams in this league, Chelsea especially look like flat track bullies.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11721 on: November 23, 2020, 11:45:25 am »
Bluemoon taking yesterday well as expected.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #11722 on: November 23, 2020, 11:51:25 am »
The played the exact same game vs Tottenham mid way through last season...fans or no fans. City have had the same issues for a while now.

The problem with perfect system in football, is that perfect doesn't exist in football.

Pep chases this idealistic style of play where nobody takes the ball off them and they score the same goal over and over. Unfortunately Mahrez, Jesus and Torres isn't a world class front 3 he is used to, and Rodri and Gundogan aren't as good game controllers as he needs. The guy can't sort his defence out without buying the very very best, and unfortunately they aren't available. They'll punish a few teams this season, drop some mad points and cruise in the Champions League where they will meet someone like Dortmund or Lazio and get punished on the break.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #11723 on: November 23, 2020, 12:02:01 pm »

They're still crying about Leicester being too "passive" against us.

it's almost as if it's personal with City, the manager doesn't need to say anything, they always want to get something out of the game. That attitude clearly wasn't there tonight against Liverpool. It feels like it's been the same under a few managers now. Where does that come from though? Leicester and City have no rivalry.

It's like they haven't realised that everyone else fucking hates them! Everyone is up for playing City these days because they're a team full of big name, money grabbing, cry baby mercenaries who are clearly on the decline & can be got at. That & the bullshit way they've achieved their success, people want to beat them.

There's really no team talk needed.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11724 on: November 23, 2020, 12:02:07 pm »
Their take on bluemoon is something else.

My favourite is "they consitently get their best 11 on the pitch together"

I mean ffs  ;D
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #11725 on: November 23, 2020, 12:19:34 pm »

“It is bent, has to be”

Yeah, that Everton match really went in our favour.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11726 on: November 23, 2020, 12:19:55 pm »
I'm sure it wasn't intended as such, but the point about us not having a trademark goal is a good one and it is the reason we are so good.  We are difficult to stop because we have so many different ways of playing.  Teams have cottoned on to how to play City and set up to stop them.  It's up to the manager to work out how to get around this rather than just hoping the opposition sit back and allow City to have as much of the ball as they want.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11727 on: November 23, 2020, 12:23:37 pm »

Awful hoping Leicester can do you a big favour away at a title rival isn’t it? Fucking Ihenacho!

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #11728 on: November 23, 2020, 12:25:52 pm »
Am I making this up, or did I hear that they have never won a league game under Guardiola that they were trailing at halftime? If so, that's absolutely pathetic.
It's 1 premier league game since 1995 that they've won after trailing at HT (Huddersfield in 2017).
Granted, a lot of that period is the classic City of yore, but even so it's 11 years of Abu Dhabi money that they've thrown in the towel at HT.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11729 on: November 23, 2020, 01:01:32 pm »

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bluemoon is actually a social experiment in a psychiatric hospital.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11730 on: November 23, 2020, 01:11:55 pm »
Lunatics on that wretched forum.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #11731 on: November 23, 2020, 01:13:51 pm »
Statman Gaz taking it well.
AHA!

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11732 on: November 23, 2020, 01:14:40 pm »
I’m not sure Leicester set up all that much differently against Liverpool than they did at the Etihad.  It’s just that the Liverpool players decided against chopping them down every time they got in penalty area. 

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11733 on: November 23, 2020, 01:22:07 pm »
Had this one saved since their 3-2 collapse at Wolves last year. Never fails to make me laugh when I look at it.

Atkinson playing DM for Wolves.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #11734 on: November 23, 2020, 01:24:43 pm »
Better than Rodri, to be fair.
AHA!

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11735 on: November 23, 2020, 01:31:34 pm »
I’m not sure Leicester set up all that much differently against Liverpool than they did at the Etihad.  It’s just that the Liverpool players decided against chopping them down every time they got in penalty area. 
Our players didn’t let them get too much “getting in the area” to begin with

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11736 on: November 23, 2020, 01:32:35 pm »
We had 30 odd passes before one of our goals yesterday. Not sure how that isn’t a “trademark team goal”.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #11737 on: November 23, 2020, 01:41:20 pm »
Bluemoon really is a mental asylum.

I try not to look in there as it is just full and bile and hatred, but can't help myself sometimes.

Full of conspiracy theorists and nasty vicious comments.

The sense of entitlement is unreal. Cannot handle someone else being on top.
20 and 7

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11738 on: November 23, 2020, 01:45:29 pm »
Had this one saved since their 3-2 collapse at Wolves last year. Never fails to make me laugh when I look at it.

Is he any good at full back? I know someone willing to spend upwards of £60 million on him if so.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11739 on: November 23, 2020, 02:05:01 pm »
We had 30 odd passes before one of our goals yesterday. Not sure how that isn’t a “trademark team goal”.

A trademark goal consists of going down the wings then cutting it back for a tap in, anything else doesn't count.

I'm sure it wasn't intended as such, but the point about us not having a trademark goal is a good one and it is the reason we are so good.  We are difficult to stop because we have so many different ways of playing.  Teams have cottoned on to how to play City and set up to stop them.  It's up to the manager to work out how to get around this rather than just hoping the opposition sit back and allow City to have as much of the ball as they want.

Also, the reason goals come from "opposition blunders" is because Liverpool pressure the opposition into mistakes.
E.g. Evans' OG came about because he was too busy trying to keep hold of Mane to pay proper attention to the ball.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11740 on: November 23, 2020, 02:13:02 pm »
They seem to be roughly where they were when Leicester won the title.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11741 on: November 23, 2020, 02:13:20 pm »

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #11742 on: November 23, 2020, 02:14:05 pm »
There is comedy value at a dip in blue moon once a month or so, but I did have a think about why it seems so out of touch with reality, and the only valid conclusion I could make is that the sound fans have been in there and thought "fuck this, these lot are deluded arseholes" and they no longer contribute, thus leaving the deluded arseholes to type comments in a Trumpean dystopia.
The main reason I came in here to comment was the replacement of their main target going from Messi to Sir Harold of Kane gang. BBC gossip says it was a term of the contract negotiation by Pep.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 02:17:23 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11743 on: November 23, 2020, 02:16:43 pm »
Their take on bluemoon is something else.

My favourite is "they consitently get their best 11 on the pitch together"

I mean ffs  ;D

That one, the "second rate Jota" one and the "favorable ref decisions" are my favourites ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11744 on: November 23, 2020, 02:23:47 pm »
Maybe the fact there is a trademark City goal  :boring that’s why the aren’t doing so great perhaps

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11745 on: November 23, 2020, 02:26:37 pm »
Maybe the fact there is a trademark City goal  :boring that’s why the aren’t doing so great perhaps
Spot on this but don't tell Fraudiola as he might spend another £billion and fluke a good transfer.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Robbie-not-Fowler

• Main Stander
« Reply #11746 on: November 23, 2020, 02:30:01 pm »
That one, the "second rate Jota" one and the "favorable ref decisions" are my favourites ;D
That's exactly what I was going to say, but you beat me to it!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11747 on: November 23, 2020, 02:31:21 pm »
Do we get bonus points for "Trademark Goals"?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11748 on: November 23, 2020, 03:28:20 pm »
Seems like others have discovered the vein of batshittery that is Bluemoon and decided to mine it for idiocy, their response to our latest game:

https://twitter.com/shornKOOMINS/status/1330834876921163779

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #11749 on: November 23, 2020, 03:38:09 pm »

Actually eerily similar to many of our teams over the last few decades. A big club, big name, huge scalp with a soft underbelly that teams always fancied themselves against. It's hugely damaging psychologically when your players already have the pressure of playing for a club that demands success, then for the stokes, watfords, palaces of this world to turn up with their tails up and beat you up all over the pitch. Luckily our team is a million miles away from that now.

8)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #11750 on: November 23, 2020, 03:44:31 pm »
It's 1 premier league game since 1995 that they've won after trailing at HT (Huddersfield in 2017).
Granted, a lot of that period is the classic City of yore, but even so it's 11 years of Abu Dhabi money that they've thrown in the towel at HT.
I keep wondering why this stat prevails - they were 1-0 down at home to Southampton last season at half time and won 2-1, same weekend we (in my eyes) won the league mentality-wise away at Villa 2-1.

They've also been down at half time and strolled to victory away at West Ham in between that period. Not to stick up for them like  ;D Still, compared to ourselves it shows the gulf in mentality.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11751 on: November 23, 2020, 03:59:48 pm »
They make it sound like it's a bad thing not to have a trademark team goal, makes it harder to defence against because you literally don't know how we're going to score! Maybe that's their issue as everyone knows they want to get to the goal line and cut it back so its become easy to defend against now.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11752 on: November 23, 2020, 04:09:23 pm »
Good point, but you wouldn't expect the shortsighted idiots on Blue Loon to understand such things. When you have so-called trademark moves and goals, you basically become predictable. Once you become predictable, you become easier to work out and play against.

Liverpool can undo you in so many different ways, so remain unpredictable and more difficult to play against. I don't watch Abu Dhabi unless they are acting us, but I constantly heard on here about how they would get to the byline then cut it back and score. If they are really that predictable that hordes of people on forums see what they try to do time and again, I'm sure opposition managers can see it too and plan to counter that when playing them. Same goes with any of their other tactics if they are just as easy to read these days.

While the Blue Loon poster clearly pitched his comment as an insult, it was actually a compliment because it highlighted a quality rather than a flaw.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11753 on: November 23, 2020, 04:10:31 pm »
Do we get bonus points for "Trademark Goals"?
The first ten "trademark" goals don't count

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #11754 on: November 23, 2020, 04:15:25 pm »
I keep wondering why this stat prevails - they were 1-0 down at home to Southampton last season at half time and won 2-1, same weekend we (in my eyes) won the league mentality-wise away at Villa 2-1.

They've also been down at half time and strolled to victory away at West Ham in between that period. Not to stick up for them like  ;D Still, compared to ourselves it shows the gulf in mentality.
Hey, I pulled that stat from Twitter this weekend, and whenever has Twitter ever been wrong??

ⓘ  𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11755 on: November 23, 2020, 04:26:53 pm »
One comment in particular stood out while I sifted through that steaming pile of shite from the Blue Loon asylum. The one that mention the "amount of fouls we commit without bookings."

This, from fans of the ultimate tactical foulers.  :lmao :lmao :lmao
Fans of a side that used that as an actual tactic game after game to disrupt their opposition and prevent them from breaking on them. Fans of a side that got away with that for an incredibly long time with a staggeringly low number of bookings until it was finally exposed as an Abu Dhabi tactic and addressed by referees.

I know self-awareness is not an Emptyhad emptyhead's strong point, but come on.

Oh, and whilst on the subject of lack of self-awareness, ditch the 'dippers' comments you sad, pathetic gobshites. Revelling in poverty porn is just not clever. Take a look around your own city and its social problems before dishing out your Tory gobshitery.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:31:08 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11756 on: November 23, 2020, 05:26:40 pm »
Miguel Delaney on his Twitter saying the Fraud wants Grealish and Kane next season.  ;D

What's that going to cost 200 million plus, Klopp and Edwards would unearth 8-9 under the radar gems for that price.

Chequebook Fraud.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #11757 on: November 23, 2020, 05:30:14 pm »
Yeah I'm sure Mourinho would happily sanction selling Kane to baldy's team
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11758 on: November 23, 2020, 05:30:46 pm »
Miguel Delaney on his Twitter saying the Fraud wants Grealish and Kane next season.  ;D

What's that going to cost 200 million plus, Klopp and Edwards would unearth 8-9 under the radar gems for that price.

Chequebook Fraud.

No way Kane goes for less than £150m unless Spurs really hit the shit financially, think he's contracted until at least 2024.

Grealish, if he continues how he has been, will only rise in price from the apparent £80m they wanted last summer. He's contracted until 2025.

Gonna be a cool 1/4 billion between them at least imo.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11759 on: November 23, 2020, 05:32:27 pm »

It's away only and after a quick check here couldn't find the west ham game

https://www.11v11.com/teams/manchester-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/West%20Ham%20United/