Author Topic: Leicester City Vs Liverpool Pre-Match Saturday 23rd September 17:30  (Read 53635 times)

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool Pre-Match Saturday 23rd September 17:30
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2017, 06:01:35 am »
This is massive for us.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2017, 06:05:57 am »
Yeah, with a weaker team than normal.

They had a weaker team too

Be a completely different match
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2017, 06:46:28 am »
We used to be famed for our educated fan base

It's actually shocked me - no idea what's behind it but it's pretty depressing to witness
The usual, life, internet, equals everyone has a opinion be that what you agree with or not you see more of them.
choose Life.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2017, 07:00:04 am »
Henderson, Gini, Ox midfield hopefully with Coutinho, Firmino, Salah up top. Don't think Can deserves to start based on his performances in the last few games (don't think Henderson does either to be honest, but we've got no alternatives) and we've already seen that Sturridge and Firmino together just doesn't work. I think we'll be fine actually, we are too good for this blip to continue.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2017, 07:07:42 am »
Drop one for Coutinho

Then play who upfront?  Don't want to see Sturridge and Firmino, I don't think AOC is the answer upfront either, maybe play him in midfield and Coutinho upfront so we retain a big goal threat.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:09:43 am by Redman78 »

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2017, 07:19:06 am »
Just hope we mix the midfield up a bit, it's so stale. We need to find the right balance there and hopefully mask our defensive failings.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2017, 07:23:16 am »
Before the cup game I thought we'd win in the cup & get beat in the league game. After seeing the cup game, this is a home banker imo.

I think we'll need to score 3 to win. Which is a truly frightening statement but I think Leicester will score at least 2. They scored 2 midweek & didn't even try with half a team out. I've tried to convince myself than Lovren & Matip coming in will make a difference but I can't see it. I expect Moreno to come back in for Robertson for absolutely no reason other than apparently Moreno is now first choice. Yep. Alberto Moreno - 1st choice. Sound.

We'll make changes but at the back and in goal it makes no odds, they're all the same level. I bet Vardy & Mahrez can't wait for this. I'm fucking dreading it.

I think we'll play better than we did midweek, but I think we'll fall short. 2-1 Leicester. Another defeat. Firmino will get us a goal once we're 2-0 down.

I hope I'm wrong.

How much money you got on Leicester this time mate? Decent odds?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2017, 07:42:45 am »

Coutinho starts I think, which is why he came off at half time. Main question is what do we do in place of Mane. Jesus, we seem to fall to pieces when he's not on the pitch.  I know he struggled last night but AOC can't be judged or disregarded on that so I'd play him in the front three and he'll do much better with Bobby and Salah.

Migs

TAA     Matip     Lovren    Robertson

Henderson

Can                      Coutinho

Salah           Firmino              AOC

Robertson and AOC  back onto the bench. Moreno comes back in at LB. Toss up between Sturridge and Wijnaldum as to who fills the last spot. Sturridge probably gets it as Wijnaldum played 70 odd minutes. Unless Can plays at no. 6 and Wijnaldum plays ahead of Henderson.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2017, 08:00:05 am »
It's exactly that, sense of entitlement. We haven't won the league in 25 plus years, yet we expect someone to walk in and win the league like it's a piece of piss. yet you have sides like City pissing 200 million pounds on defenders alone, as if there is no competition in the league.

Prior to Klopp's arrival, we hadn't been in a cup final in 4 years. We finished 4th last year when most didn't think we would but you still hear people saying ''yea but we scrapped''. Like who gives a fuck, the end result is what matters.

Judge him at the end of the season, if he goes backwards this year, but we're in bloody September.

Never really understood the argument in regard to not winning the title for twenty six years anyway. Klopp has only been here for two and a half years, so basically its got nothing to do with him. Is he to be held responsible for us not winning a title, before he even arrived? Of course not. So why say it and go on loading expectation above expectation on whoever is at the helm. As if managing a club like this is not hard enough already. Of course we want to see the team progress and challenge for honours, but it takes time, especially when you take into consideration the strength of the likes of City and other teams, who have been challenging for far longer.

But we can see that bit by bit Klopp is improving us and now players want to join us, and are prepared to turn down richer clubs then ours which should tell us something good is beginning to happen. We will suffer from slumps from time to time, but we will come out of it stronger, and a better team.

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2017, 08:52:00 am »
Before the cup game I thought we'd win in the cup & get beat in the league game. After seeing the cup game, this is a home banker imo.

I think we'll need to score 3 to win. Which is a truly frightening statement but I think Leicester will score at least 2. They scored 2 midweek & didn't even try with half a team out. I've tried to convince myself than Lovren & Matip coming in will make a difference but I can't see it. I expect Moreno to come back in for Robertson for absolutely no reason other than apparently Moreno is now first choice. Yep. Alberto Moreno - 1st choice. Sound.

We'll make changes but at the back and in goal it makes no odds, they're all the same level. I bet Vardy & Mahrez can't wait for this. I'm fucking dreading it.

I think we'll play better than we did midweek, but I think we'll fall short. 2-1 Leicester. Another defeat. Firmino will get us a goal once we're 2-0 down.

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're wrong as well.

Offline greg9r

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2017, 09:09:10 am »
Henderson, Gini, Ox midfield hopefully with Coutinho, Firmino, Salah up top. Don't think Can deserves to start based on his performances in the last few games (don't think Henderson does either to be honest, but we've got no alternatives) and we've already seen that Sturridge and Firmino together just doesn't work. I think we'll be fine actually, we are too good for this blip to continue.

So you want Ox to start another game after his 'brilliant' performance 2 days ago?
He needs to get in form and adapt to the team. And i think it's better to have him as an option from the bench.

Offline MukeshJ2506

• Kemlynite
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2017, 09:23:45 am »
I have a very bad feeling about this game. We should get out of this rut sooner. Feels like January again for some reason. I am rarely in a negative frame of mind but our game management and control outside attacking has been very poor to be honest.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2017, 09:27:31 am »
Lovren pulled out the last two games last minute

He's so injury prone
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2017, 09:37:36 am »
Seeing shouts that they have our number and know how to play against us.

Well yeah, if their plan is to be utterly outplayed and rely on us to miss a shitload of good scoring chances, I would say you are right.

I would offer that we know how to play them. The first half on Tuesday was clear evidence of that. We totally blitzed them. We "just" didn't take our chances. If we start as strong on Sat, and bury even a third of our chances, then we will beat them.

We might lose of course, but I feel that people are way too negative just because of the result.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2017, 09:37:58 am »
Never really understood the argument in regard to not winning the title for twenty six years anyway. Klopp has only been here for two and a half years, so basically its got nothing to do with him. Is he to be held responsible for us not winning a title, before he even arrived? Of course not. So why say it and go on loading expectation above expectation on whoever is at the helm. As if managing a club like this is not hard enough already. Of course we want to see the team progress and challenge for honours, but it takes time, especially when you take into consideration the strength of the likes of City and other teams, who have been challenging for far longer.

But we can see that bit by bit Klopp is improving us and now players want to join us, and are prepared to turn down richer clubs then ours which should tell us something good is beginning to happen. We will suffer from slumps from time to time, but we will come out of it stronger, and a better team.

Agree with this.

The problem we have is that loads of the +40 year old lads and girls following us have been waiting for 27 years for a title. We've gone through various cycles of managers, some getting close and others not getting remotely close to the promised land. With our fanbase I think this group of people probably feel the weight of that lack of a league title more acutely. The problem I think it generates is that the time afforded each new manager has shortened manager upon manager over those 27 years. Patience has eroded away over time.

Klopp has done a pretty good job so far. There should be absolutely no questions about his long term prospects as the manager. Given he's got a 6 year contract that's probably how he feels too. For example, not getting VvD this summer may not seem like a long term problem for Klopp. He's probably planning for this season, next season and beyond. Eventually getting you No.1 target for a problem position is probably seen as a better long term solution then gambling on someone else to fill a gap for 4 months. The issue is that the lack of patience in the fanbase, driven by 27 years without a title. People want a title bid now. Klopp probably does too. But, rightly or wrongly, I'd suspect he's making decision based on the long term picture rather than just this season.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2017, 09:41:24 am »
How much money you got on Leicester this time mate? Decent odds?

Not really done much this season. Last season the top teams were so dominant but a lot of spanners have been thrown. I won't be betting at all this weekend.

Leicester are good value at 3/1. Vardy goal anytime  & Leicester win is 5/1. That's tempting.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2017, 09:41:51 am »
We fucking lost to them yesterday you helmet.

Out of you two he's not the helmet, you helmet.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Kop307

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2017, 09:43:15 am »
Even if we were playing Barca and there was a very good chance we'd loose the match, I'd still not be dreading it.

And Leicester aren't Barca (breaking news).

What kind of 'fan' are you?

The kind who's spent £300 watching the team play in the last 2 weeks. The kind who watches the same shit defenders make the same amateurish mistakes week after week. The kind who doesn't blindly predict Liverpool to win 5-0 every week based on absolutey fuck all. What kind of fan are you?
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2017, 09:43:25 am »
In terms of the game on Saturday, I think we'll see a back 4 of TAA-Matip-Lovren-Moreno. In midfield it'll go back to Henderson-Can-Wijnaldum. Front Firmino will go back centrally and Coutinho will take Mane's position wide left. Apart from the full back positions, I think the others are pretty much nailed on to play.

It's pretty obvious to say but we need to show more ruthlessness in both boxes. The problem on Tuesday was not taking advantage whilst on top. That was compounded in the 2nd half by poor defending for the 1st goal. If we make our pressure tell in the 1st half I think the 2nd half becomes irrelevant. 1st goal will be massive in Saturday as well
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2017, 09:44:03 am »
The kind who's spent £300 watching the team play in the last 2 weeks. The kind who watches the same shit defenders make the same amateurish mistakes week after week. The kind who doesn't blindly predict Liverpool to win 5-0 every week based on absolutey fuck all. What kind of fan are you?

Your choice pal. Spend it elsewhere if watching us is such a drag.

The old "I go the game do you" nugget. Fuck off with that.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2017, 09:44:15 am »
So you want Ox to start another game after his 'brilliant' performance 2 days ago?
He needs to get in form and adapt to the team. And i think it's better to have him as an option from the bench.
He had a bad game, it happens. He wasn't playing in midfield so give him a chance there. Or are we going to write him off after one bad game in a side that wasn't anywhere near our strongest?

Offline Kop307

• Kopite
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2017, 09:44:36 am »
Out of you two he's not the helmet, you helmet.

Yes you're right. I've seen the light. We definately won't get beat to relegation fodder because that never happens. Ever. Our record against the bottom 10 home and away last season was immaculate and our record away at Leicester is great. We've not lost there this week.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2017, 09:45:54 am »
Yes you're right. I've seen the light. We definately won't get beat to relegation fodder because that never happens. Ever. Our record against the bottom 10 home and away last season was immaculate and our record away at Leicester is great. We've not lost there this week.

Why do you go the game if you are so fucking negative about us?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2017, 09:46:04 am »
Your choice pal. Spend it elsewhere if watching us is such a drag.

Its all money he's got from betting against his team, so its his prerogative to spend that money however he sees fit. Its only fair, he spends his hard earned money on his team (definitely) and is more than entitled to his constantly negative, whiny opinion.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kop307

• Kopite
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2017, 09:46:49 am »
Why do you go the game if you are so fucking negative about us?

1. Get me out the house
2. To see my friends
3. To see my family
4. Habbit.
5. I enjoy watching us play.

In that order.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2017, 09:47:02 am »
Its all money he's got from betting against his team, so its his prerogative to spend that money however he sees fit. Its only fair, he spends his hard earned money on his team (definitely) and is more than entitled to his constantly negative, whiny opinion.

My troll sense is tingling.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2017, 09:48:46 am »
1. Get me out the house
2. To see my friends
3. To see my family
4. Habbit.
5. I enjoy watching us play.

In that order.

1. There are a million things that get you out the house, of which 99 % would likely make you happier.
2. Are they as negative as you?
3. Does this not contradict #1?
4. Habit.
5. You clearly don't.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2017, 09:49:47 am »

On that one yeah, no doubt ;D I thought he'd be fired out of the RAWK cannon as soon as he bragged about betting against his own team, but he deserves a lot of credit for sticking it out.

To get back on topic anyway, looks like Vardy is probably going to be fit.

Hope someone smashes him nice and early

Offline Kop307

• Kopite
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2017, 09:49:55 am »

I'm a troll because I said we'd get beat 2-1? Does that make me mental?

Is it totally beyond the realms of possiblity that Liverpool, a team with a horrendous record at Leicester, who lost to Leicester 2 days ago, get beat there again?

Troll? It's a forum mate. You have your opinion, I'll have mine. If you think we'll win, fantastic. I hope we do. I don't think we will. Enjoy your day  :wave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2017, 09:51:25 am »
I'm a troll because I said we'd get beat 2-1? Does that make me mental?

Is it totally beyond the realms of possiblity that Liverpool, a team with a horrendous record at Leicester, who lost to Leicester 2 days ago, get beat there again?

Troll? It's a forum mate. You have your opinion, I'll have mine. If you think we'll win, fantastic. I hope we do. I don't think we will. Enjoy your day  :wave

It's mental to be as negative about as you are constantly. Especially since we have come on in leaps and bounds since Klopp took over. Issues still perist, but we are so much better in so many ways.

How much money will you bet on a Liverpool loss?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Kop307

• Kopite
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2017, 09:53:06 am »
It's mental to be as negative about as you are constantly. Especially since we have come on in leaps and bounds since Klopp took over. Issues still perist, but we are so much better in so many ways.

How much money will you bet on a Liverpool loss?

I agree.

I haven't bet against Liverpool in 9 months.

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2017, 10:07:49 am »
This will be a different game entirely, as we will have our 'usual' starting 11.

I expect us to win comfortably, and will be disappointed (though not surprised) if we dont.
Doubters to Believers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2017, 10:12:47 am »
We need to swarm them in midfield like we did first half Tuesday. We stopped them from playing. More of that for a longer period and take our chances.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2017, 10:19:17 am »
We need to swarm them in midfield like we did first half Tuesday. We stopped them from playing. More of that for a longer period and take our chances.

If Vardy plays that'll make it a bit tougher for us to deal with. In the first half they didn't have that ball over the top or into the channels to worry us and we looked pretty secure. The Bard obviously thought we'd struggle in the air against them but I'd say the directness of Vardy and Okazaki would trouble us more than the aerial prowess of the other two.

But yeah, feels crucial we score first and/or take our chances when on top. They seem a hard side to chase a game against as they're happy to sit deep and pick you off on the break. Got to get back to more clinical ways.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2017, 10:21:37 am »
If Vardy plays that'll make it a bit tougher for us to deal with. In the first half they didn't have that ball over the top or into the channels to worry us and we looked pretty secure. The Bard obviously thought we'd struggle in the air against them but I'd say the directness of Vardy and Okazaki would trouble us more than the aerial prowess of the other two.

But yeah, feels crucial we score first and/or take our chances when on top. They seem a hard side to chase a game against as they're happy to sit deep and pick you off on the break. Got to get back to more clinical ways.

Makes it even more important for us to stop them playing, in my opinion. Cut off his supply and much is won.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2017, 10:25:18 am »
I'm going for a Liverpool win, 2-1 and coutinho to score the winner!

come on you redmen!

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #196 on: September 21, 2017, 10:29:22 am »
This will be a different game entirely, as we will have our 'usual' starting 11.

I expect us to win comfortably, and will be disappointed (though not surprised) if we dont.

My thoughts exactly. I think we'll blow them away.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #197 on: September 21, 2017, 10:34:02 am »
I'm going for a Liverpool win as I don't think we have been playing that badly at all in this run. We are making mistakes yes but I think the team will come out with a point to prove and are due to turn a team over heavily very soon with the way we have played. I'm 100% behind the manager and the team and won't be bed wetting or calling for Klopp's head. I do think we may need to see a more cautious approach like at times last year but Klopp will have his own ideas.  2-0 Reds

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 21, 2017, 10:34:55 am »
Who is fit to play at CB?

I heard/saw on twatter that neither Matip or Lovren were seen in training?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2017, 11:05:29 am »
Who is fit to play at CB?

I heard/saw on twatter that neither Matip or Lovren were seen in training?

Welcome the German CB Sex Panzer