Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3262059 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Re: United - The Green and GOle Standard!
« Reply #3280 on: May 18, 2020, 12:13:30 pm »
The most unpleasant symptom of lockdown that I’ve noticed is lots of virginal United fans taking to Twitter and telling folk how all their players are the best in the league.

Hopefully we find a vaccine for this outbreak pretty soon.

“Generational” is their new buzzword
As in “Wan Bissaka is a generational talent.”

One guy on twitter reckons he is the best defensive full back ever in the historeh of t’game

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #3281 on: May 18, 2020, 12:17:48 pm »
No this is all good.  It reminds me of how they were all through the 70s and 80s.

Best this, best that, biggest this, biggest that.   

But but but.... we beat Liverpool so should really have won the league.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They had some whoppers in the 70’s
Little Lou - remember him.
Went to United to win more trophies. :lmao
When if you believe the stories it was Shanks who jibbed him off for agreeing terms and then wanting a house with a car in the garage as an unofficial signing on bonus
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3282 on: May 18, 2020, 12:44:50 pm »
They had some whoppers in the 70’s
Little Lou - remember him.
Went to United to win more trophies. :lmao
When if you believe the stories it was Shanks who jibbed him off for agreeing terms and then wanting a house with a car in the garage as an unofficial signing on bonus
I remember him and all the others they had including their managers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #3283 on: May 18, 2020, 12:48:52 pm »
I chuckled when I saw that comment on there yesterday.

Seven years and counting...  :wave

And you have to ask where is it all coming from?  After we beat them at Anfield in January they admitted they were lightyears behind us (about 40 points to be precise)

They've bought one player and had a handful of decent games against a bunch of nobodies and one win against City and now they're title contenders?!

This pause in football really has addled their brains.  Their win over City, our defeat to Athleti and a few Sancho rumours and they think 'it's on!'

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #3284 on: May 19, 2020, 02:36:57 pm »
IF, IF, they do get Koulibaly and Sancho, they could become quite good.

BUT, BUT, both Koulibaly and Sancho would be absolutely mad to go there....

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3285 on: May 19, 2020, 02:44:06 pm »
IF, IF, they do get Koulibaly and Sancho, they could become quite good.

BUT, BUT, both Koulibaly and Sancho would be absolutely mad to go there....
No one is spending £100m on players until the crowds are back.

No one.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3286 on: May 19, 2020, 02:45:30 pm »
Let alone over 200 million on just two.  ;D

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3287 on: May 19, 2020, 04:19:24 pm »
“Generational” is their new buzzword
As in “Wan Bissaka is a generational talent.”

One guy on twitter reckons he is the best defensive full back ever in the historeh of t’game

In that case imagine how good a player would have to be to twist him, turn him and then leave him on his arse, all in the space of about 5 yards?  Imagine that player...

;D

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3288 on: May 19, 2020, 07:27:34 pm »
In that case imagine how good a player would have to be to twist him, turn him and then leave him on his arse, all in the space of about 5 yards?  Imagine that player...

;D

Excellent!

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3289 on: May 19, 2020, 08:25:07 pm »

;D

This came to my mind straight away when reading the original post. Wan-Bissaka is a decent defender, stood out at Palace and is doing fairly well at United - a United who’s defence has been poor for some time. He came up against some top class in Firmino and was sat down twice in the space of a few seconds. Decent enough player, but if he was the best defensive full back evoh, I’m sure he’d be at one of the better clubs. Atletico and Juve for instance love their defenders to defend first and foremost

He’s probably rightly Trent’s back up at England and that’s where he’ll be for the duration of his career. A 20 odd cap player for when Trent is rested against the San Marino’s of the world

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3290 on: May 20, 2020, 10:52:19 am »
Wan-Bissaka is what Trent could become if he was coached by Carragher.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3291 on: May 20, 2020, 11:15:39 am »
 :D
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3292 on: May 20, 2020, 12:09:37 pm »
This came to my mind straight away when reading the original post. Wan-Bissaka is a decent defender, stood out at Palace and is doing fairly well at United - a United who’s defence has been poor for some time. He came up against some top class in Firmino and was sat down twice in the space of a few seconds. Decent enough player, but if he was the best defensive full back evoh, I’m sure he’d be at one of the better clubs. Atletico and Juve for instance love their defenders to defend first and foremost

He’s probably rightly Trent’s back up at England and that’s where he’ll be for the duration of his career. A 20 odd cap player for when Trent is rested against the San Marino’s of the world

He’s like Carra or Masch playing at full back, but without all of the other abilities that made them great and literally just the ability to launch into a tackle (often when he’s lost the ball himself or been caught out of position)

I honestly love that he cost them £50 million, really isn’t particularly good at all and yet they’re holding him up as a shining light in their team. It really is sensational that they either don’t realise how far they’ve fallen, or they do and they’re just shouting with their fingers in their ears (all twelve of them). It’d be like I’d proclaiming Martin Kelly as the best defensive full back in world football.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3293 on: May 20, 2020, 03:04:33 pm »
I didn’t watch but Sky had some documentary about Ryan Giggs tenure as caretaker manager after Moyes was sacked. Nearly two hours long it was  :o

He was in charge for four irrelevant games at the end of a season, he had fuck all to do. How do you squeeze two hours out of that?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3294 on: May 20, 2020, 03:48:53 pm »

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3295 on: May 20, 2020, 04:23:58 pm »
I didn’t watch but Sky had some documentary about Ryan Giggs tenure as caretaker manager after Moyes was sacked. Nearly two hours long it was  :o

He was in charge for four irrelevant games at the end of a season, he had fuck all to do. How do you squeeze two hours out of that?

He played away games behind closed doors long before covid.
Plenty of unseen footage for the documentary.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3296 on: May 20, 2020, 04:50:27 pm »
Haha this is what they're reduced to.

https://twitter.com/TheManUtdWay/status/1262480085216489472

I’m sure a witty, intelligent fan base could whip up a chant in an attempt to take the mickey a bit.

Fortunately we won’t have to worry about that.  If there’s no nursery rhymes covering the subject they are lost.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3297 on: May 20, 2020, 07:37:41 pm »
It seems that Emre Can has the United fanbase on Twitter rattled, due to him coming out and saying that Sancho shouldn't leave Dortmund for United because they're shit.

Good lad Emre.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3298 on: May 20, 2020, 09:40:44 pm »
It seems that Emre Can has the United fanbase on Twitter rattled, due to him coming out and saying that Sancho shouldn't leave Dortmund for United because they're shit.

Good lad Emre.
He said something like the club is no better or more attractive than Dortmund, and neither is the city. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3299 on: May 20, 2020, 10:55:30 pm »
I’m sure a witty, intelligent fan base could whip up a chant in an attempt to take the mickey a bit.

Fortunately we won’t have to worry about that.  If there’s no nursery rhymes covering the subject they are lost.

Ring uh ring uh roses
Ya wun it cozza COVID
Atishyoh Atishyoh
Next year’s r year

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3300 on: May 20, 2020, 11:05:15 pm »
He said something like the club is no better or more attractive than Dortmund, and neither is the city. ;D

Love Emre  ;D  He's good at winding up the Mancs.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3301 on: May 21, 2020, 12:27:28 pm »
I think we've underestimated just how brilliant the Glazers have been, but now Brexit has added to their woes  :D

@lauriewhitwell (The Athletic)

Some interesting lines in #MUFC quarterly accounts.  Due to COVID-19 club is withdrawing previous revenue predictions on year (£560-£580m).

Cash reserves down £10.6m to £90.3m (but access to an additional £150m under revolving credit facility).

Net Debt up to £429.1m, an increase of £127.4m over the prior year quarter, due to decrease in cash + adverse movements in the GBP:USD exchange rate. The gross USD debt principal remains unchanged.

Broadcast revenue for quarter was £26m, a decrease of £27.8m, or 51.7%, over the prior year quarter, primarily due to an estimated £15m Premier League rebate due to broadcasters, following delay (also non-participation in CL + impact of playing two fewer PL away games)
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3302 on: May 21, 2020, 12:30:48 pm »
Yeah that assumption that they’d be quite strong after this may be a bit wrong, esp as they’ll be renegotiating sponsorship deals from a worse position than last time

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3303 on: May 21, 2020, 02:00:14 pm »
Manchester United have made a financial loss of £3.3m as Ed Woodward revealed the club's third-quarter figures, with total revenues down by 18.7 per cent to £123.7m

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3304 on: May 21, 2020, 02:42:20 pm »
Finally, some good news
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3305 on: May 21, 2020, 03:29:40 pm »
Finally, some good news

More good news..

Ole is still at the wheel.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #3306 on: May 21, 2020, 03:33:25 pm »
Ed Woodward... 'The Club is built on strong foundations'.....What, half a billion quid of debt???  Bloke is a joke.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #3307 on: May 21, 2020, 03:42:52 pm »
That loss only takes in shut down for about 15 days until end of March, this quarter will be the yardstick for clubs.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3308 on: May 21, 2020, 04:15:23 pm »
Manchester United have made a financial loss of £3.3m as Ed Woodward revealed the club's third-quarter figures, with total revenues down by 18.7 per cent to £123.7m

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews

Lost £28m so far due to Coronavirus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52759246

Getting their excuses in already for a shit transfer window?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3309 on: May 21, 2020, 05:20:17 pm »

don't think they need to, they have plenty of previous!

And regardless, any fanbase who gets angry at their club for not spending a load of money this next window deserves no explanation or excuse given.

Maybe one or two of their, and other teams fans who've been rabidly cheering for football to go on a far longer lockdown to stop Liverpool winning, may actually start to see the reality of what this is doing to clubs now though.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3310 on: May 21, 2020, 06:59:19 pm »

They were already on course to lose loads through basically not winning owt for ages!

---

They're in Private Eye again. Just about their PR fella, he took on Kyle Walker as a client - just before the sex party stuff  ;D Great hiring there United.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3311 on: May 21, 2020, 07:03:17 pm »
Their debt went up something like £120m, how??

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3312 on: May 21, 2020, 07:05:15 pm »
Their debt went up something like £120m, how??

Shaw went to the chippy...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3313 on: May 21, 2020, 07:56:06 pm »
don't think they need to, they have plenty of previous!

And regardless, any fanbase who gets angry at their club for not spending a load of money this next window deserves no explanation or excuse given.

Maybe one or two of their, and other teams fans who've been rabidly cheering for football to go on a far longer lockdown to stop Liverpool winning, may actually start to see the reality of what this is doing to clubs now though.

We can include some of our own fans, having read James Pearce's piece on the Werner signing there are a lot of people who have no understanding of how dire things are for football at this time. It's utterly incredible how deluded some people are.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #3314 on: May 22, 2020, 08:10:33 am »
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #3315 on: May 22, 2020, 08:48:59 am »
Shaw went to the chippy...

I literally lol at that
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3316 on: May 22, 2020, 09:47:41 am »
Bless em.  The only player they’ve signed in about 80 million years who’s not turned out to be utter shite the second he pulled on their shirt and the BBC go and put him in their team of the season. 5 games he’s played. 5.

Hilarious.

The more I look at that, the more of a bad joke it is. You look at teams like Sheffield United and Leicester and realise if any other club deserves a slot in that team, it's them and not the bloody red mancs. If anything, it's embarrassing to see Fernandes in there.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3317 on: May 22, 2020, 09:56:05 am »
I'm just going to assume they spelt Wijnaldum wrong.

And Aguero is quite the typo of "Fun Bobby"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3318 on: May 22, 2020, 11:04:01 am »

Funniest thing about it is probably that everything he says is merely accurate rather than deliberately inflammatory.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3319 on: May 22, 2020, 04:52:57 pm »
They're suing football manager, the massive bells