Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3430152 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28840 on: May 18, 2019, 01:44:54 am »
European Finals

Liverpool 14
Manchester United 7
Spurs 5
Villa 1
Celtic 3
Forest 2
Wolves 1
Arsenal 5
Leeds 1
City 1
Middlesbro 1
Rangers 4
Fulham 1
Chelsea 6
Ipswich 1
Dundee United 1
West Ham 1
Leeds 1
Aberdeen 1
Everton 1

How many years till City catch the likes of Spurs or Chelsea, never mind us
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28841 on: May 18, 2019, 03:49:54 am »
Notts County???
I'm sure it's Notts County they got their kits from originally. Generous club, wandering round dispensing shirts. Botafogo as well perhaps.

Although I shouldn't mention 'dispensing' in a thread including Pep. That's wrong.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #28842 on: May 18, 2019, 03:57:38 am »
Man City players must keep winning or risk futures, says Pep Guardiola

Obviously Pip pointing out to his players that if child jockeys stolen from the parents can be murdered for not performing for the Sheik, so can they.

No wonder he looks so anxious all the time.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28843 on: May 18, 2019, 04:45:18 am »
Sort of hope Klopp comes out at destroys that Pip/Man City (non) apology after the final anyway with words akin to what Martin Cox said...would be good to watch Pip squirm when he has no logical response. Highlight the small time classless bell ends more because the media likes Klopp's character as well.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28844 on: May 18, 2019, 05:40:00 am »
I also doubt their wages are as low as they are suggesting, and wouldn’t be surprised if players are being paid by other companies owned by the Abu Dhabi royal family.

There is absolutely no way that our wages are higher than theirs. I Know we have jumped a bit because we are focusing on keeping star players and giving big renewal contracts but the fact they claim to be below us is laughable. They have to be close to 325-350m and just hide 75-100m in "clever" ways

Liverpool have spending power because we have slowly worked towards it and year on year have increased our revenue. City just fudge the number and claim to bring in more commercially than us, laughable.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28845 on: May 18, 2019, 06:29:59 am »

There is absolutely no way that our wages are higher than theirs. I Know we have jumped a bit because we are focusing on keeping star players and giving big renewal contracts but the fact they claim to be below us is laughable. They have to be close to 325-350m and just hide 75-100m in "clever" ways

Liverpool have spending power because we have slowly worked towards it and year on year have increased our revenue. City just fudge the number and claim to bring in more commercially than us, laughable.

There is absolutely not a snowball's chance in hell that any of their first team players are on less than £150k per week. The likes of Aguero, Sterling, DeBruyne will all be on more than £250k.

Our absolute highest earner is on £175k.

I don't think it's far-fetched to say that their wage bill is double ours in reality.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28846 on: May 18, 2019, 06:39:28 am »
What absolutely does my head in about their manipulation of their accounts, is that even "credible" outlets like the BBC report them as 100% fact when declaring that City are now the UK's most valuable club. I mean, it's absolutely obvious to anyone, ANYONE, that City are totally bullshiting about their sponsor income and reporting only a fraction of their real wage bill, but not a single bit of the reporting questions this, and instead somehow cements a crazy idea that they're legitimate.

It's like the same BBC's reporting of the lead-up to the Brexit referendum - they feel that they have to give equal coverage to what they surely know are crackpot declarations and opinions, and in so doing they help this absolute shite become accepted.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 06:43:22 am by decosabute »

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28847 on: May 18, 2019, 07:23:44 am »
Also isnt the cheats wage bill (the fictitious one they declare) for 400 or so people, whereas ours is 800 or so? They probably employ 400 accountants alone. There is absolutely nothing real or organic about this club. Even their name isnt real anymore. What a fucking travesty it is that they are allowed to exist, seemingly with not many people giving much of a shit.

I've hated Chelsea a fair bit over the years but these bastards take it to the next level.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28848 on: May 18, 2019, 08:22:34 am »
I've hated Chelsea a fair bit over the years but these bastards take it to the next level.

As plastic and shite as Chelsea's new found success was (and as horrible as their fans have been sometimes), at least they firstly were already a pretty decent side before the Abramovich billions, finishing in the top 4 ahead of us in 2003. And secondly, they weren't breaking any rules early on, as FFP didn't exist yet. Having won the lottery and established themselves as a big club, they then started to reign in their spending somewhat 10 years ago as the rules started kicking-in.

City are different. They've spent unprecedented amounts from a position of being (at best) a midtable side, having already been given a free stadium. And they've then flagrantly cheated clearly established rules constantly. Despite fines and clear evidence of their guilt, they then decide to go on the attack against any authority threatening them. And to cap it all off, when their players are caught basically being a horrible shower of pricks on video, they don't apologise (Pep's typical non-apology does not count), but rather almost attack the notion that they've done anything wrong.

IMO they're way more horrible, vulgar and classless than anything we ever saw from Chelsea FC.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 08:29:28 am by decosabute »

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #28849 on: May 18, 2019, 08:37:40 am »
I`m surprised that City fans believe the club should get respect. On which merit? That the "club" now wins things? It has nothing to do with the club. It might as well have been Southampton who suddenly got money. It does not work like that. If anything, I used to think of City as a traditional, English club. I have less respect for them now than 15 years ago. Shit atmosphere, cheated their way to the top of the league, complete ignorance among fans over their ownership. There`s absolutely nothing about them that gives me a vibe of why anyone should respect them.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28850 on: May 18, 2019, 08:45:01 am »
I`m surprised that City fans believe the club should get respect. On which merit? That the "club" now wins things? It has nothing to do with the club. It might as well have been Southampton who suddenly got money. It does not work like that. If anything, I used to think of City as a traditional, English club. I have less respect for them now than 15 years ago. Shit atmosphere, cheated their way to the top of the league, complete ignorance among fans over their ownership. There`s absolutely nothing about them that gives me a vibe of why anyone should respect them.

They aren't ignorant of it. Most of them know what their owners are up to. But they just don't care because their team is winning things now.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28851 on: May 18, 2019, 08:45:43 am »

IMO they're way more horrible, vulgar and classless than anything we ever saw from Chelsea FC.

Short memory there lad.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28852 on: May 18, 2019, 08:47:56 am »
They aren't ignorant of it. Most of them know what their owners are up to. But they just don't care because their team is winning things now.

Which is even worse.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28853 on: May 18, 2019, 08:53:22 am »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Red Being

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28854 on: May 18, 2019, 08:56:00 am »
The aspect that is really satisfactory about these lot is that nobody GENUINELY gives a shit as to what they are winning. Really wish they realise this truth. Which, if the entirety of them are not thick, they will understand. Everyone outside of their fanbase looks at them like someone using a cheatcode to win a game. It truly is that way. The League this season became so newsworthy and noticed soley because of us. If not for us, it would probably have been the same as today's cup final. No one would have batted an eye. Even United fans are interested in these because of us, not because they care about what these lot win. They may care more if city win the CL, but that's another matter.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28855 on: May 18, 2019, 09:17:27 am »
I'm sure it's Notts County they got their kits from originally. Generous club, wandering round dispensing shirts. Botafogo as well perhaps.

Although I shouldn't mention 'dispensing' in a thread including Pep. That's wrong.

Yes, Juventus got their kit from Notts County. Bilbao got there's from Sunderland.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28856 on: May 18, 2019, 09:20:44 am »
Short memory there lad.

Not really, but perhaps you'd care to elaborate?

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28857 on: May 18, 2019, 09:39:39 am »
I`ve been checking out some forums lately. Blue Moon, various United forums, Chelsea etc. Liverpool threads are usually on the top of their general football lists. Which says it all really. They might pretend that it is because they have some notion that Liverpool fans are the "worst".  The reality is that we`re huge and they can`t cope with it.

To be fair, the United forums are a little more balanced than for instance The Blue Moon forum(which is a study of bellend behaviour). The latter to me is an example of a fan base that has experienced success too fast and completely lost their touch of themselves.       

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28858 on: May 18, 2019, 10:14:46 am »
What absolutely does my head in about their manipulation of their accounts, is that even "credible" outlets like the BBC report them as 100% fact when declaring that City are now the UK's most valuable club. I mean, it's absolutely obvious to anyone, ANYONE, that City are totally bullshiting about their sponsor income and reporting only a fraction of their real wage bill, but not a single bit of the reporting questions this, and instead somehow cements a crazy idea that they're legitimate.

It's like the same BBC's reporting of the lead-up to the Brexit referendum - they feel that they have to give equal coverage to what they surely know are crackpot declarations and opinions, and in so doing they help this absolute shite become accepted.

This all day long.

If a bunch of supporters on a forum call it as bullshit, what the fuck are these so called journalists doing not calling it out? The sponsorship deals just do not stack up to the club - if us or Utd declared those deals, then yes, but this is Man City for fucks sake - they will NEVER be as big a name or draw as either club. While you do get the floaters, most supporters stick with their own and never change, the market just isn't there for them yet and won't be for another 10 years at least.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28859 on: May 18, 2019, 10:16:20 am »
Not really, but perhaps you'd care to elaborate?

Hillsborough songs, distrupting minutes silences for Hillsborough, open racism?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #28860 on: May 18, 2019, 10:22:12 am »
Even their name isnt real anymore.
Manchest Ersatzy

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28861 on: May 18, 2019, 10:35:58 am »
Totally forgot it was the cup final today. Does anyone (neutral) give a shit? Not just on here, I mean in general.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28862 on: May 18, 2019, 10:51:33 am »
Totally forgot it was the cup final today. Does anyone (neutral) give a shit? Not just on here, I mean in general.

I doubt it. Personally, if Watford win that will be great and if City win, it’ll be meh, not really something to care about.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28863 on: May 18, 2019, 10:59:28 am »
I doubt it. Personally, if Watford win that will be great and if City win, it’ll be meh, not really something to care about.

Win win

If city win no one cares but we get a trip to Wembley in community shield

If Watford win Utd have  to start  qualifying in early July for Europa league

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28864 on: May 18, 2019, 11:00:04 am »

I do,but then I grew up when the FA cup was a big day with coverage from the early hours. That said, no one gives a shite if city win
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #28865 on: May 18, 2019, 11:00:41 am »

Nobody is really arsed, the media and neutrals in general are already more concerned with the all English CL in 2 weeks time. If Watford win, good if City win, it means nothing and it might piss the Man Utd fans off!

The City players let the big one slip, the domestic Cups mean fuck all.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28866 on: May 18, 2019, 11:06:12 am »
The "magic" of the FA cup in full flow.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28867 on: May 18, 2019, 11:10:06 am »

Aye Rob to name a few..
Probably worse than City, City fans are fucking stupid ignorant inbred sisterfudging c*nts yep!

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28868 on: May 18, 2019, 11:15:43 am »
Nobody is really arsed, the media and neutrals in general are already more concerned with the all English CL in 2 weeks time. If Watford win, good if City win, it means nothing and it might piss the Man Utd fans off!

The City players let the big one slip, the domestic Cups mean fuck all.

Grim that Mike but spot on how insignificant the FA cup has become to the top sides.
Pretty sure ITV has gained tv rights next season,the FA
must be looking at ways to improve its status.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28869 on: May 18, 2019, 11:30:20 am »
Last cup final I ever watched in full was in 2013. Same status as league cup for me now sadly.

Forgot we might get a day out at community shield if city win, so don’t mind another meaningless trophy for the noveau riche plastic twats.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28870 on: May 18, 2019, 11:33:25 am »
They'll win today and win the domestic treble, we'll win the big one on the first and we'll have had the better season.

They've lapped up the neutrals supporting them and the bizarre notion of them saving football by beating us to the league, but at the same time they're convinced everyone's against them and everything's a big conspiracy. If you're on twitter you'll have seen some of the crazy reactions to any journalist that has even reported on the UEFA stuff this week. 

They've written the investigation of as evidence of UEFAs corruption and determination to get them banned to protect the status quo. Which ignores the fact that the Der Spiegel articles showed UEFA knew what was going on ages ago but didn't bother to do anything about it.

They truly believe that they are fighting against the establishment, and as I said they are enjoying that neutrals favour them, believing it says something good about their club. But in several years time when their monopoly on football increases and they become the establishment themselves, with their lawyers that that the highest authorities in football are terrified of, leaving then untouchable, how will they see themselves then? They spent years being proud about not being United. Now they're United without the history and with the added human rights abuses. They were proud of their loyal support in the third division. Now they're having to defend themselves because they can't fill their stadium. They represented the working class, proper football. I don't need to explain how that's changed now.

There are genuine City fans out there who are better than the shit you see on social media. It's the dickheads that make the most noise. There is also balance to be had here; Liverpool are no angels and along with the likes of United and Arsenal we helped destroy competitive balance in this country. But they have taken it on to a completely unprecedented level and the lack of self awareness is staggering. Little old city and their billions, saving football forever.

I see them as being in a bit of a transition period in terms of identity. They still see themselves as the club of old but only recognise the success of the new club, ignoring how it's been achieved. The hollowness of their victories will begin to grind them down, as evidenced by the cry arseing over Liverpool's coverage this year and the lack of build up to this cup final. They'll win the treble today and nobody will give a flying fuck. Us or spurs lift the European cup in two weeks and the press won't stop talking about it, because it's a genuine story, a sporting story, not tainted by cheating.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28871 on: May 18, 2019, 11:36:54 am »

Aye Rob to name a few..
Probably worse than City, City fans are fucking stupid ignorant inbred sisterfudging c*nts yep!

Oh absolutely no arguments the Chelsea fans have been/are despicable at times. But firstly, I'd say they've always been like that - it wasn't because of suddenly getting rich (as if that makes any of it better).
Secondly, and more importantly, I was referring more to the football club itself rather than the fanbase - perhaps I didn't make that clear enough. I'd just argue that Chelsea FC haven't ever acted with the same vulgarity and classlessness that we're now seeing as routine from City as a club/owners.

I'm very aware it's lesser of two evils stuff I'm arguing, but I just really can't bear City now.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28872 on: May 18, 2019, 11:47:27 am »
The cry-arsing from City fans about not getting enough praise and attention is hilarious. Even Pep is at it now. What do they want? I'd rather the trophies than the praise and attention myself, but they're still not happy.

This tweet I saw today about the Kompany goal just about sums them up.

"despite being named GOTS, that moment didn’t get the attention it deserved."

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28873 on: May 18, 2019, 11:51:17 am »
The cry-arsing from City fans about not getting enough praise and attention is hilarious. Even Pep is at it now. What do they want? I'd rather the trophies than the praise and attention myself, but they're still not happy.

This tweet I saw today about the Kompany goal just about sums them up.

"despite being named GOTS, that moment didn’t get the attention it deserved."

Yep,they have to earn respect the cheating t****.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #28874 on: May 18, 2019, 11:59:05 am »
Annoying Wolves choked in the semi, they'd give them a harder match. City will win with there usual style of strangling the match, then nicking a goal from somewhere.
#Sausages

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #28875 on: May 18, 2019, 12:04:37 pm »
I know it's not the same thing but in a way It surprises me (Not really) that Sterling hasn't come out and mentioned his bosses actions with regards to slavery now that he's doing his bit for racism etc.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #28876 on: May 18, 2019, 12:20:06 pm »
Liverpool fan apparently
Michael Owen fan to be precise. Quite a few Belgians are fans of individual players and only support a team because of that player.   

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #28877 on: May 18, 2019, 12:25:00 pm »
I know it's not the same thing but in a way It surprises me (Not really) that Sterling hasn't come out and mentioned his bosses actions with regards to slavery now that he's doing his bit for racism etc.

To be fair he has probably seen the videos of what happens to people who dissent. Probably doesn't fancy being electrocuted, battered with boarded nails and having salt rubbed into the wounds before being set alight. Lovely people
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28878 on: May 18, 2019, 12:33:30 pm »

To be fair to him some footballers live in a bubble. In fact a lot of sports stars and "celebrity" types are.

His life pretty much revolves around training with the Team, travelling to games in all sorts of places and time zones and then doing whatever promotional stuff he does for the club or for his sponsors and the media. The time he has away from the sport are probably spent relaxing and trying not to think about it. If you ask him (or most players I reckon) about Brexit and what they think might happen etc, I don't think you'd get a coherent answer because they just don't see enough about it. I don't reckon many of them read the papers simply because it could add to any pressure he's under if he reads about football in there.

In other words I genuinely don't think the lad knows how bad it is. He probably heard bits and pieces but not the whole story. I can't see him rocking the boat and asking the club what the story is and even if he did it'd be the most whitewashed story ever told. There also the fact that I don't think a lot of journalists would even have the bottle to ask the question because they'd lose their access to the player and or City as a whole.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28879 on: May 18, 2019, 12:34:42 pm »

This flippant attitude to racism by some on this forum makes me shake my head, considering the makeup of our team. If it's not 'Raheem Luther King' it's he couldn't even vote for a 'brother' in the Player of The Year Awards and now he needs to be Amnesty International spokesman as well.