Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1045297 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Awful again. Think I'll stop watching this now.

Hate to break it to you mate but it's over anyway.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think Bran is the NK

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Thronecast have outdone the show

Pissed up Al Murray and a rapper acting like a shy 5 year old when spoken to

I'm so out of touch as I've never heard of this Giggs fella & why the fuck does he talk through his teeth ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
Should have put this in spoiler tags

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me

I'm so out of touch as I've never heard of this Giggs fella.

Me Neither

I don’t usually watch this cos they spoil

It’s toe curling when it goes to him.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Should have put this in spoiler tags

I've reported him  :no

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*

I'm so out of touch as I've never heard of this Giggs fella & why the fuck does he talk through his teeth ?

Ooh look at you talking da hardest.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
What would have been good is if after making Bran the King, that they showed Bran having a vision showing how he always wanted to be King little things we missed in past episodes manipulating peoples actions because he knew everything even warging into people to make them do things and using their past actions to bring them down.

That he was always just as bad as little finger but a lot lot better at it.

At least it would have been some kind of twist.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ooh look at you talking da hardest.

It's a street ting.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What would have been good is if after making Bran the King, that they showed Bran having a vision showing how he always wanted to be King little things we missed in past episodes manipulating peoples actions because he knew everything even warging into people to make them do things and using their past actions to bring them down.

That he was always just as bad as little finger but a lot lot better at it.

At least it would have been some kind of twist.

A pertinent reminder that people writing alternative ways the story could have gone are consistently terrible .
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
A pertinent reminder that people writing alternative ways the story could have gone are consistently terrible .

I know right, I just sat through 80 minutes of it.
:D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know right, I just sat through 80 minutes of it.

;D

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I don’t even know what I’d have liked. I was just going with it

But it’s s little dissapointing in these things when they promise you More but knowing it’ll never come, I mean Arya finding new lands how great is that?! I suppose there’s always the final book to look forward to but it’s doubtful that will make the screen

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can someone please explain to me the thread title about chains. What chains?

Jurgen Klopp

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can someone please explain to me the thread title about chains. What chains?

No chains
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Please don’t do this

It's fundamentally an engineering think peice which invoked quite the deliberation amongst RAWK's finest scholars.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Please don’t do this

;D

When the lads went beyond the wall to get a dead guy, Viserion got fucked up by the Night King's spear and ended up in the lake. He was pulled out of the lake by big fucking chains, and for weeks afterwards people were bleating on about where the chains came from.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
;D

When the lads went beyond the wall to get a dead guy, Viserion got fucked up by the Night King's spear and ended up in the lake. He was pulled out of the lake by big fucking chains, and for weeks afterwards people were bleating on about where the chains came from.

A simpler time.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Please don’t do this
The good thing about not understanding of half of the series, is that I never did have any idea what the fracas over chains was all about ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
;D

Got you

That seems rather pedantic :D

NK could raise the fkn dead. Pretty sure he could sort hardware out

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!

I was only on Season1 episode1.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Meh.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
I liked it :)

Could've done with at least one more season, so they didn't have rush through certain things as much, but I thought it was a decent end to an amazing show.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It felt rushed.

I get the endings and are happy with people's character arcs, but they never showed how they reached that point particularly well, so it left a bunch of questions.

Spoiler
They never showed Bran doing much the last few seasons so him becoming king was just a bit flat. I get him being magic and ever knowledgeable makes him a good king, but they did nothing to show why people would believe him or accept him. He just hasn't done anything for ages.

Sansa and the north being independent makes sense, except it was decided on a whim without negotiation. Why did none of the other kingdoms ask for it too then? If they show a drawn out, arguous negotiation to get independence, it may show why no one else got it. But instead, she just pipes up and it is accepted.

Same with the Unsullied. 15 minutes after saying they hold the city and aren't happy with the Kings decision, they are fine and want to sail away. Why didn't they show a resolution to their concerns, or better yet, make them unhappy and a threat to the realm. Touch on then being a threat in the council meeting. Rather than joking about whore houses show the realm is not all roses now.

This all feels like stuff which could have been resolved if they had more time. Two 6 episodes seasons just didn't give them enough time to tie up the loose ends, and most were not tied by the start of the last episode. So it just feels like they jumped to a peaceful end rather than walk us how we got there.

The consequences of Jon killing Dany were resolved in 20 minutes. The consequences of Joffrey dying took a whole season, and Tywin several seasons. For a show which was about the consequences of poor decisions, that seems just off.

So everything made sense, but they jumped to the conclusion without showing the working out. In the end it felt rushed
[close]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 12:14:23 am by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It really seems like I’m the only one who absolutely loved Dany reducing KL to rubble. I was gutted at first because I knew that her story wasn’t ending well but after the first few scorches I was almost on my feet chanting Drogon

Another thing I’m in minority it seems is Sansa

She’s an unbearable uppity little cow who wanted power from the off and never really changed
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 12:20:45 am by rushyman »

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It really seems like I’m the only one who absolutely loved Dany reducing KL to rubble. I was gutted at first because I knew that her story wasn’t ending well but after the first few scorches I was almost on my feet chanting Drogon

She’s an unbearable uppity little cow who wanted power from the off and never really changed

I loved it mate,had a proper Christoph Waltz moment.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I loved it mate,had a proper Christoph Waltz moment.

;D

Ooooh,That’s a bingo !

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
When Yiggret said to Jon that he knew nothing, she really wasn't lying.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I didn't really like Jon from the start. A bit of a twat really

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
I didn't really like Jon from the start. A bit of a twat really

I didn't know David Benioff posted on RAWK.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Was waiting for a big flashback scene after Brann says 'Why do you think I'm here?', showing how he manipulated all the major events to get to this moment and rule over the 6 kingdoms.

Nah. Bran doesn't want to be king. He said himself that he desires nothing. His character is a greenseer which means it was predestined rather than manipulation. He was given the throne as a result of the decisions of others and events put into play before he was born.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Come on, there's no need for that.

He could also be D.B. Weiss you know!
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
The last episode has a 4.5 on imdb. I didn't know there were so many butt hurt people out there.  Probably burning their GoT memorabilia as we speak. ;D

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan

Hahahaha
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
I don't mind it being obvious that Jon killed her, he would've admitted it immediately and wouldn't hide it. You could also make the case that Drogon didn't kill him because he's a Targ or something like that.

Grey Worm not killing Jon the moment he saw that Jon had killed Dany though...
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Maybe Greyworm couldn't kill Jon without a de facto leader telling him what to do. Or he just didn't want to start another war by incurring the north's wrath.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He knew enough to propose to her in real life  :D

Made me smile when I realised they were married

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I wonder how that guys blog saw things
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada

I had not problem with her destroying KL always thought there was a chance she would do that. Its just how they got to the point of her destroying it. Maybe if say when her troops went in Cersi had set Wild Fire traps or something. Something that made her snap in that moment.

I think to tell the story properly they needed another series we should had been going into the last series thinking she may snap but at the end the last series she was getting it on with Jon.

Maybe this series should had just been about dealing with NK and starting to see Danni maybe turning to the very dark side  and another series deal with KL and wrapping the story up right.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:10:53 am by Big Jezza’s Jizza »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.