Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1044861 times)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
"It's called 'A Song of Ice and Fire'"

*cringes into oblivion*

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
What should have happened just as we thought we had the happy ending at the council meeting.

Drogon suddenly does a surprise attack and burns everyone to a crisp including Bran........black screen end titles.

Thats the kind of ending I was always expecting.

Did anyone else catch the after credits extra scene?

Where Nick Fury recruited Ayra.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 01:02:06 pm by Big Jezza’s Jizza »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
What should have happened just as we thought we had the happy ending at the council meeting.

Drogon suddenly does a surprise attack and burns everyone to a crisp including Bran........black screen end titles.

Thats the kind of ending I was always expecting.

Did anyone else catch the after credits extra scene?

Where Nick Fury recruited Ayra.

I was surprised by the Disney ending. Glad it’s finished now, visually again it was superb, some of the scenes were beautifully done. What also surprised me is the past half hour of the episode I was tempted to skip it as I was bored, Can’t remember the last time that happened if at all.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
What a horrific ending to a horrific season. Utterly nonsensical and bonkers. I recently re-watched season 1 and it's genuinely hard to believe that you're watching the same TV series. Completely went off the rails at season 6 and this just leaves an incredibly bland taste in my mouth.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I was surprised by the Disney ending. Glad it’s finished now, visually again it was superb, some of the scenes were beautifully done. What also surprised me is the past half hour of the episode I was tempted to skip it as I was bored, Can’t remember the last time that happened if at all.

Spoiler
The drama went out of it after Dany's fate was decided. It was hard to get into it again especially with them all arguing over how to run the Kingdoms all over again. Sansa back to her grinding best once more. I found it amusing how Drogon still had more of a connection with a dead Dany then a live Jon. Jon's ending was probably best the way it ended, I have trouble accepting him as a Targaryen anyway.
[close]
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Jamie and Cersi was killed by the roof caving in on them.

So how come he found them at the top of the roof rubble covered by a few bricks?

Because it doesnt make for good TV to have Tyrion moving bricks for 30mins before finding anything.

Does this sort of stuff really annoy people or is it just pedantry for the sake of pedantry?

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Honestly I'm fine with that ending, weak as it was.

Problem is the journey to get there in the last couple seasons have done so much damage that I don't care enough anymore to talk about it.

Best part:

Spoiler
Jon patting Ghost
[close]

Only parts I genuinely booed at were:

Spoiler
Sansa becoming queen and the book title - fuck off with that shit, ripping off LotR after bigging up how much more complex your story is.
[close]
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If Dumb and Dumber weren't trust fund babies, they might be flipping burgers at McNasty's. Anyway, in keeping with the last few seasons of GoT, a grand finale where logic was burnt to the ground, internal consistency was exiled to the wall and plot coherence was poisoned at a wedding. The great cultural phenomenon of the 2010's is over. It's a real shame we didn't get to see the internal consistency and the Machiavellian plot twists continue to the end. Oh well, I hope the books are released some day. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Where did Drogon go?

I'm presuming he took Dany back to the land of her ancestors, as it was said he was heading east.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I quite liked the ending. I think it would probably have been better received if everything leading up to it hadn't been so rushed.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And take Greyworm’s point of view for one second

At the start of the episode he’s slitting peoples throats

Next we see him being given control of the armies

By the end he’s giving back Tyrian and Jon

No way his character do that

He kills them both for sure

That was absolutely ridiculous. I know plot armour exists for a reason but let there be logic as well.

My only real gripe apart from the above was the Northern Brexit. Can't get my head around the silence from the other places.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This isn't exclusively a GoT thing, but I've now had a fucking gutful of shows cutting away from the immediate aftermath of significant moments too.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Spoiler
Bronn was totally redundant. I actually though he might have been introduced this season to take out Dany and Drogon under order from Tyrion. Not a very good ending at all.
[close]

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Clark's portrayal in this episode was fantastic btw, shame we didn't get to see her have more fun with it because she pulled it off with aplomb.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Spoiler
Why did Jon tell everyone he stabbed Dany through the heart. I mean, there was no body - Drogon disposed of it. Why didn't he just say she decided to fly off somewhere?

"I've no idea where she is, lads. She just got on the Dragon, burned down the throne and fucked off. She told me to look after things until she got back. So I'm king now."

[close]

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Spoiler
Why did Jon tell everyone he stabbed Dany through the heart. I mean, there was no body - Drogon disposed of it. Why didn't he just say she decided to fly off somewhere?

"I've no idea where she is, lads. She just got on the Dragon, burned down the throne and fucked off. She told me to look after things until she got back. So I'm king now."

[close]

Why did John, who always tells the truth to a fault, tell the truth?

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spoiler

[close]

This is Simple Jon we're talking about
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
Spoiler
The drama went out of it after Dany's fate was decided. It was hard to get into it again especially with them all arguing over how to run the Kingdoms all over again. Sansa back to her grinding best once more. I found it amusing how Drogon still had more of a connection with a dead Dany then a live Jon. Jon's ending was probably best the way it ended, I have trouble accepting him as a Targaryen anyway.
[close]

Spoiler
Well now we all know why Bran didn’t want to be lord of Winterfell as he knew he was going to be king. He definitely played the game of thrones very well.
[close]

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
It just occurred to me; doesn't being the three-eyed raven make you virtually immortal? Have they just handed the throne to someone who could occupy it for a thousand years?

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account

I can understand why it may upset people but when a thread explicitly states SPOILERS and you happen to see a spoiler (regardless of if it is tags or not) then its hard to have sympathy.

Spoilers of episodes which have already aired are fine with me, but spoilers of some of the most eagerly awaited episodes in the past few decades?! Nah mate. That's absolute cuntish behaviour.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
It just occurred to me; doesn't being the three-eyed raven make you virtually immortal? Have they just handed the throne to someone who could occupy it for a thousand years?

Nobody knows because even though the show has told us repeatedly how important the Three Eyed Raven is it's spent hardly anytime actually explaining to us what being the Three Eyed Raven means.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spoilers of episodes which have already aired are fine with me, but spoilers of some of the most eagerly awaited episodes in the past few decades?! Nah mate. That's absolute cuntish behaviour.

Worst still are the ones that post spoilers in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with GoT or even TV in general. Threads about boxing etc. Just for effect.  Oh well. I think it will be a while before we see a show like this.

As it has finished I thougth I'd ask.

When did you guys 'bend the knee' and start watching GoT? From the beginning, after season 1 etc? I started watching after Season 4. Binged watched the first 4 seasons in Nigeria and it has been essential viewing ever since, despite any misgivings I may have expressed

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Worst still are the ones that post spoilers in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with GoT or even TV in general. Threads about boxing etc. Just for effect.  Oh well. I think it will be a while before we see a show like this.

As it has finished I thougth I'd ask.

When did you guys 'bend the knee' and start watching GoT? From the beginning, after season 1 etc? I started watching after Season 4. Binged watched the first 4 seasons in Nigeria and it has been essential viewing ever since, despite any misgivings I may have expressed

I watched from Ep1 & watched the whole lot before each new season,I must have seen the better episodes 10-15 times,have watched each episode of this season 3 or 4 times a week after 1st airing.

I've had all the books for years now but won't be reading them until Chubby releases the final books,I just don't trust that he will finish it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
Yes pretty much where I stand on this one, the first third/quarter of the episode of so I was largely fine with, the rest felt like a bit of a mess of inconsistent decisions/character development (much like the previous 3 episodes).

Biggest failing for me is that I didn't really feel any involvement or emotional connection with the characters it just felt like a mad rush to get them to where they needed to be, for me a very "meh" ending to a pretty poor last season and it all comes down to rushing the story along to where the motivations and events don't make a great deal of sense.

Yeah, I felt very similarly, which was disappointing in itself.  After 8 seasons in the end I just felt...well, nothing really.  Just complete apathy.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So Grey Worm was ready to go to war with everyone at the Council to get his justice for Dany's murder, and then two minutes later is happy for the council to pick a ruler?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
I think a problem people have is that from the early series everyone thought it was going to be a very dark ending without many of the main characters  making it to the end.

And this all built up to the battle of Winterfell when everyone thought half the cast would be killed off and it would be down hill then to the dark bitter sweet ending.

But that did not happen even a good death for Cersi was taken away from the viewers.

And in the end we got a happy ending all very Lord of the Rings.

I think people expected to be shocked and stunned by the ending that would be different from other shows but most people had worked out from 3 episodes ago this wasnt going to happen the writers had bottled it.

And they started to use fake deaths like a building would fall on Arya...fade to black.....next shot shes ok... Arya caught in Dragon fire ..... fade to Black.... next shot shes covered in ash....... Tyrion in the sea a mast falls on him.... fade to Black..... next shot hes on a beach.

Lord of The Rings doesn't have a happy ending, at least in terms of the book (didn't make it to the end of the movies).  Even G.R.R.M said that the books are going to have a bitter-sweet ending like Lord of The Rings.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Also, it felt like all the dramatic tension went out of the episode as soon as Dany died. For a split second there, I was hopeful she had stabbed Jon.
---Rilke

Offline HelterSkelter

• Kopite
Clark's portrayal in this episode was fantastic btw, shame we didn't get to see her have more fun with it because she pulled it off with aplomb.

I think she was genuinely the most frightening character GOT has produced in the 3 or 4 scenes she had. 7 years of showing every facet of her personality, and then she gets 30 minutes to show her as a genuine monster before she gets shanked. What a waste, Baddas Danny should of been introduced much sooner

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lord of The Rings doesn't have a happy ending, at least in terms of the book (didn't make it to the end of the movies).  Even G.R.R.M said that the books are going to have a bitter-sweet ending like Lord of The Rings.

Yeah I think it was somewhat bittersweet. The Starks managed to make off with all of the main prizes: Queen of the North, King of the 6 kingdoms, what seems like endless funding for a worldwide adventure, and (presumably) King beyond the wall.

On the other hand, if this was a show about the awfulness of absolute monarchies and the way they crush everyone to play their game of thrones, then the ending was hardly a change in system. We still have an absolute monarch, ruling through his Hand, we're just hopeful that these people are better at ruling than the previous lot. And the circumstances that lead to Bran's coronation (depleted armies, everyone coming to the end of their resources because of winter and an endless amount of wars) meant that the Lords of Westeros were willing to choose a leader amongst themselves rather than fight for it. If the system stays as it is, then who knows what an ambitious Lord with a full army might do at the next council meeting upon Bran's death?
---Rilke

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's become clear reading a lot today, that the writers didn't convey the sense of time over this episode very well. The way I took it was a long time had passed from Drogon's destruction until the scene where Grey Worm was leaving on his boat. It must have taken a while for the city to have been repaired to allow that to happen, If that didn't get over well, it really was a case of bad writing.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
It's become clear reading a lot today, that the writers didn't convey the sense of time over this episode very well. The way I took it was a long time had passed from Drogon's destruction until the scene where Grey Worm was leaving on his boat. It must have taken a while for the city to have been repaired to allow that to happen, If that didn't get over well, it really was a case of bad writing.
I think that’s the one thing we all agree on. Nobody would be criticising these last two series if they were both ten episodes long. Because there were fewer episodes people understandably found certain moments jarring. Jon kills Danaerys. Then in the very next scene every lord of Westeros is at Kings Landing. The events themselves are fine, the pacing was just bizarre.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
So Bran eh? Lazy prick was like the person that does nothing during a group project at work, yet gets all the credit at the end. "Why do you think I came here?" Smug shitehawk.

Johnson: And did you have a lot of input in this Bran?

Bran: Well I didn’t come all this way for nothing. *smug grin*

Johnson: didn’t you come from just over there? And didn’t you have Mark push you over in your office chair?

Bran: *smug grin*

Johnson: hell of a job, Bran, hell of a job!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Lol well, that was shit. Nice one lads
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What an amazing story, great ending.

Shame the writers fucked up the tv version, the last season should have been up there with the best tv ever, but they rushed it all. And by the end the most powerful person turns out to be Bran, who played chess with everyone. There were some clues to his snakiness “you were exactly where you should have been” “I didn’t come all this way for nothing”. He’d planned it all along.

Dany wow. What a great character. She should have been the greatest character in tv but again the rush to finish robbed us of most of the impact of the biggest moments. Even when she died it was a meh. There were still some great moments though. Emilia Clarke’s acting was great and saved her character from the hands of rushed writing.  The bit at the start with connotations of nazi Germany were epic. She talked about freedom and ending tyranny across the globe with the red and black Targaryen banner and a blindly loyal army in front of her. Just after she’s nuked a whole town.

Best character by far because we followed her literally from the beginning - innocent, taken advantage of by her brother but by the end she’s turned into full on tyrant. We’d gave been far more shocked and it would have been more powerful had the last few episodes played out over a season or two, which is what should have happened.

Great great story. I didn’t want to read the books, but I will if he ever finishes them. The shows fucked it up by rushing the ending but there’s still enough to fill in the gaps. Bran being the most conniving along with Sansa. Jon snow being a massive idiot but choosing duty over love and saving the world from tyranny not long after he led the fight against the dark night. Arya, another one of my favourite characters. Her story was great. Ends up going into the unknown and forging her own path.

Hopefully he gets the motivation to finish the story quickly now just so his legacy isn’t left to that last season. I’ll buy the lot and read through them as soon as the last book is released. If he doesn’t get around to releasing the last ones then I won’t bother.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
Read the spoilers a couple of weeks ago and all went as expected

Watched it to the end hoping there’d be a twist. But no.

Just like the title chase in the end. Crap writing. Don’t have a problem with the dany Jon ending but everything after that was cringey.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Alt Shift X live post episode live stream.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OmxaqzFpbsc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OmxaqzFpbsc</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe I'm missing something, but was there any point at the end of it all to Jon Snow being a Targaryen in the show? Seems trivial looking back on it? I imagine it'll be fleshed out and come across betting in the books, though.

You're not missing anything, there was no point in Jon being a Targaryen.

It makes me wonder when the TV writers decided that Jon's ending was to go back beyond the wall, and that they wouldn't tell the viewers anything about what he would do back there.  It could hardly be more underwhelming for a character who achieved so much, and was so honourable, capable and kind.  They turned him into Ned 2.0 but gave him the destiny of Benjen 2.0.  So disappointing.

I guess 10 years ago they picked the plot points they wanted to incorporate into their show, then somewhere along the way realised they had bitten off more than they could chew.  With hindsight they should have cut bits from the first half of the series to help the second half.  Jon actually being a bastard would have been a lot better with the way it turned out.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
HBO should have told GRRM that if he didn't finish the books by the time the series was coming to an end he wouldn't get paid. Only had 8 years to do it the lazy bastard :D

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
It was ultimately pointless in the end,  no payoff after following it for 8 years.

Bran - what is the point being King when you are the Three eyed raven?? Also what was Sansa on about when she said Bran could have an heir? He might not win the London Marathon but the disabled can still be having sex. And if I was the Three Eyed Raven I know what I’d be doing with my powers, good Lord I’d never leave my bedroom in Winterfell.

Jon - what was the point in keeping his targeryan blood a secret? How many wars and how many men had to die for that secret?

Dany - FFS. Stick the ball in the net and then discuss your options later. When you are that close to the iron throne sit on it ASAP so at least you can say you were the queen except for some shitty tale how you couldn’t count to 20 because you didn’t have access to Sesame Street when you were growing up in Westeros and essos.

Greyworm- didn’t avenge missande or Dany. Does his stupid passive aggressive grimace at Jon but doesn’t have the balls to do anything about it. No pun intended.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:37:24 pm by gamble »

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
You're not missing anything, there was no point in Jon being a Targaryen.

It makes me wonder when the TV writers decided that Jon's ending was to go back beyond the wall, and that they wouldn't tell the viewers anything about what he would do back there.  It could hardly be more underwhelming for a character who achieved so much, and was so honourable, capable and kind.  They turned him into Ned 2.0 but gave him the destiny of Benjen 2.0.  So disappointing.

I guess 10 years ago they picked the plot points they wanted to incorporate into their show, then somewhere along the way realised they had bitten off more than they could chew.  With hindsight they should have cut bits from the first half of the series to help the second half.  Jon actually being a bastard would have been a lot better with the way it turned out.

John rejected Dany because she was his aunt no?

And him being a Targaryen and having the strongest claim to the throne also a major issue with her going off the deep end.

Of course there was a point to it.