Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4130267 times)

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #61560 on: December 7, 2019, 10:25:39 pm »
Ruiz is a bum, Joshua should be putting in a performance against this kind of opponent.

Do you think the likes of Fury or Wilder would struggle against him?

Yes. They’ll be wary of him and so they should be. His a champion, a two times one for a reason. Fury and Wilder have their own flaws. They aren’t perfect.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61561 on: December 7, 2019, 10:26:24 pm »
Worked for Wlad for a decade.

True. He sucked all the joy out of boxing though, to the point that people weren't even interested in boxing anymore. Yeah, it's great for your record, but that's not something that i would watch.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61562 on: December 7, 2019, 10:27:27 pm »
Ruiz is a bum, Joshua should be putting in a performance against this kind of opponent.

Wilder, yes. Fury, not so much.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61563 on: December 7, 2019, 10:27:33 pm »
What exactly were people expecting AJ to do  ???

He had to win by any means simple

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61564 on: December 7, 2019, 10:28:11 pm »
What exactly were people expecting AJ to do  ???

He had to win by any means simple

He did a good job but fuck me the lad doesn't half talk some bollocks  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #61565 on: December 7, 2019, 10:28:18 pm »
That performance doesn’t beat Wilder.

His confidence looked shot tonight

I disagree. He kept his distance, used his reach, fought behind his jab and out boxed Ruiz. He will out box Wilder like that as well.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61566 on: December 7, 2019, 10:28:32 pm »

AJ takes Wilder but not Fury

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61567 on: December 7, 2019, 10:29:05 pm »
Wilder, yes. Fury, not so much.

Agreed, I think Ruiz gives Wilder all sorts of trouble and that's the route i'd be going down if they don't do the trilogy for some reason.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #61568 on: December 7, 2019, 10:29:11 pm »
Yes. They’ll be wary of him and so they should be. His a champion, a two times one for a reason. Fury and Wilder have their own flaws. They aren’t perfect.
He’s a two time champion because he lost to a bum and then beat the same bum with a negative performance.

His natural game is to be aggressive and after one setback he’s turned really negative. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61569 on: December 7, 2019, 10:30:11 pm »
He did a good job but fuck me the lad doesn't half talk some bollocks  ;D

Fair game though after the caining he got from most after losing he’ll give it the big talk back.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61570 on: December 7, 2019, 10:31:04 pm »
He’s a two time champion because he lost to a bum and then beat the same bum with a negative performance.

His natural game is to be aggressive and after one setback he’s turned really negative. 

It's heavyweight boxing. The only way to retire undefeated is not to fight anyone.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #61571 on: December 7, 2019, 10:31:07 pm »

Fury would win a wide UD. Wilder would have a very hard night. Wilder is a terrible boxer and if Ruiz could take his power (and he might be able to), then tubs wins a decision.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61572 on: December 7, 2019, 10:33:46 pm »

Better fighters than AJ have lost to inferior opponents. They adjust and find a different way.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #61573 on: December 7, 2019, 10:34:30 pm »
It's heavyweight boxing. The only way to retire undefeated is not to fight anyone.
I’m not expecting him to go unbeaten, but how many fights has he had compared to Fury and Wilder who are unbeaten? And they’ve fought each other. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61574 on: December 7, 2019, 10:35:24 pm »

You mean like Fury struggled in his last fight?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61575 on: December 7, 2019, 10:35:25 pm »
I’m not expecting him to go unbeaten, but how many fights has he had compared to Fury and Wilder who are unbeaten? And they’ve fought each other.
Take a look at Wilder's record. His best win in his first 35 fights or so was against Stiverne. He drew with Fury, beat Ortiz twice (who is good but very old) and no one else even worth noting.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #61576 on: December 7, 2019, 10:39:09 pm »

Bums have won fights since fights began. You don’t have to knock someone the fuck out every fight. Some fighters prove harder obstacle than the same one does for another. I didn’t think he was negative. He just outboxed Ruiz.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #61577 on: December 7, 2019, 10:40:03 pm »
You mean like Fury struggled in his last fight?
I’m a big AJ fan but tonight seemed really negative. Fury has beaten better boxers than AJ has, he may have struggled in his last fight but Joshua has in his last two against a worse opponent.

I was expecting better from AJ tonight. 

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61578 on: December 7, 2019, 10:40:38 pm »

Joshua's had 25 fights and been in with the likes of Wlad, Parker, Whyte, Povetkin.

Go and tell me the best names on Fury and Wilder's cv after 25 fights.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61579 on: December 7, 2019, 10:41:31 pm »
I’m a big AJ fan but tonight seemed really negative. Fury has beaten better boxers than AJ has, he may have struggled in his last fight but Joshua has in his last two against a worse opponent.

I was expecting better from AJ tonight.
He didn’t struggle tonight, won pretty much every round bar 2.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61580 on: December 7, 2019, 10:41:54 pm »
The performance was very Mayweather-esque. Obviously not as masterful. Who next for AJ? Maybe he could test himself against Ortiz to see how he does compared to Wilder, or a rematch vs Dillian Whyte at Wembley.

Ruiz "The weight gain affected me a lot" ::) More like you let fame get to your head and had one too many Snickers

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61581 on: December 7, 2019, 10:43:24 pm »
The performance was very Mayweather-esque. Obviously not as masterful. Who next for AJ? Maybe he could test himself against Ortiz to see how he does compared to Wilder, or a rematch vs Dillian Whyte at Wembley.

I think someone said he has to fight Pulev or Usyk as mandatories. I think he beats Pulev easily, but he should avoid Usyk like the plague.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #61582 on: December 7, 2019, 10:43:28 pm »
He didn’t struggle tonight, won pretty much every round bar 2.
That wasn’ta good performance by any stretch. I’ve been looking forward to AJ correcting the mistakes from his last match but that wasn’t what I expected. 

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61583 on: December 7, 2019, 10:45:17 pm »
That wasn’ta good performance by any stretch. I’ve been looking forward to AJ correcting the mistakes from his last match but that wasn’t what I expected. 

You're a hard man to please!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #61584 on: December 7, 2019, 10:47:03 pm »
Like to see him fight Tyson Fury

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #61585 on: December 7, 2019, 10:47:33 pm »
You're a hard man to please!
Just ask my wife  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61586 on: December 7, 2019, 10:48:39 pm »

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61587 on: December 7, 2019, 10:49:45 pm »
Joshua's had 25 fights and been in with the likes of Wlad, Parker, Whyte, Povetkin.

Go and tell me the best names on Fury and Wilder's cv after 25 fights.
I'll have you know that Fury beat Wlad, and Chisora TWICE (thanks Pep). Also BIG wins against Martin Rogan, Francesco Vienetta ice-cream, Sefer Seferi (so good they almost named him twice), Joey Abell, AND Vinny Maddalone. Oh wait, Vienetta was fight #27.

In Wilder's first 25 fights he beat Ty Cobb (thought he played baseball), Dan Sheenan, Travis Allen, Damon Reed, AND Owen 'what the heck' Beck (his real nickname). He also beat Jason Gavern but that's fight #32 so doesn't count.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2019, 10:51:38 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61588 on: December 7, 2019, 10:51:05 pm »
This, this is boxing - its about tactics and that means winning ugly sometimes

Is it though really? People pay a lot of money to watch, maybe get caught up in the hype

That was a ball of shit

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #61589 on: December 7, 2019, 10:51:08 pm »
Not explosive but composed, professional and well executed. Good win AJ against a really awkward boxer
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61590 on: December 7, 2019, 10:54:01 pm »
Is it though really? People pay a lot of money to watch, maybe get caught up in the hype

That was a ball of shit

If you paid £25 because you thought AJ was going to wade i to a slugfest then you've only got yourself to blame.

We used to get this in here every time Mayweather fought, like they were expecting Gatti v Ward.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #61591 on: December 7, 2019, 10:55:42 pm »
Or Hearns v Hagler mate

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61592 on: December 7, 2019, 10:56:31 pm »
I'll have you know that Fury beat Wlad, and Chisora TWICE (thanks Pep). Also BIG wins against Martin Rogan, Francesco Vienetta ice-cream, Sefer Seferi (so good they almost named him twice), Joey Abell, AND Vinny Maddalone. Oh wait, Vienetta was fight #27.

In Wilder's first 25 fights he beat Ty Cobb (thought he played baseball), Dan Sheenan, Travis Allen, Damon Reed, AND Owen 'what the heck' Beck (his real nickname). He also beat Jason Gavern but that's fight #32 so doesn't count.

Haha. Those two must have a nightmare getting an Uber with all the cab drivers they've beaten up over the years.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61593 on: December 7, 2019, 11:04:00 pm »
I think someone said he has to fight Pulev or Usyk as mandatories. I think he beats Pulev easily, but he should avoid Usyk like the plague.

Why? Usyk doesn’t have power at HW. Joshua would bully him with that jab

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61594 on: December 7, 2019, 11:07:46 pm »

He doesn't have power like Ruiz does, but he's in better shape and has much better footwork so I'd back him to get inside that jab more often than not.

I think he can take a punch as well. Gassiev and Breidis are legit punchers and he took some heavy shots from both of them.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61595 on: December 7, 2019, 11:10:55 pm »

Ruiz "The weight gain affected me a lot" ::) More like you let fame get to your head and had one too many Snickers

Whyte was dire tonight. Barely won against that pole, who had previously three losses in a row.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61596 on: December 7, 2019, 11:11:18 pm »
Usyk is a FAR better boxer than Joshua. He could definitely win a UD.

Whyte was dire tonight. Barely won against that pole, who had previously three losses in a row.
Whyte was about a stone and a half overweight. Took the fight at late notice which is odd since he has been relatively active.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61597 on: December 7, 2019, 11:12:12 pm »
He doesn't have power like Ruiz does, but he's in better shape and has much better footwork so I'd back him to get inside that jab more often than not.

I think he can take a punch as well. Gassiev and Breidis are legit punchers and he took some heavy shots from both of them.

Different taking a shot from a 6’6 17st heavyweight though. Be a fight I’d want to see

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61598 on: December 7, 2019, 11:13:18 pm »

Hard to call that one, reckon there would be some arguments after it though as i see it being one of those fights where a number of rounds could have been scored either way and we get some oddly wide scoring cards from judges resulting in shouts of corruption even though it's really just a case of those close rounds going in favour of the winner.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61599 on: December 7, 2019, 11:14:03 pm »
Imagine having paid £26 quid to watch that  ;D

Decent by Joshua but limited opponent who had better moobs than me.

Wilder or Fury would absolutely wreck him, although his new fighting weight is definitely an improvement on the robotic muscleman seen previously.