Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1046334 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Who is worst Commentator/Pundit? Get your votes in and I'll add them
« Reply #5800 on: July 5, 2020, 07:34:03 pm »
At least Neville has a reason to hate us, wtf have we done to Carragher and Murphy?

Murphy is bitter because Rafa fucked him off after he told him he wasn't first choice.

Carragher has to over compensate after spitting at a young United fan but he was always a bit of a prick. If Rafa had had the power base to move him on his last year he'd be as bitter as Murphy.

Lawrenson was the one I never got. He used to be terrible on BBC with our games (back when they had more games etc).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5801 on: July 5, 2020, 07:40:32 pm »
Carraghers a bad dick.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5802 on: July 5, 2020, 07:51:03 pm »
At least Neville has a reason to hate us, wtf have we done to Carragher and Murphy?

He won a cup treble with us, got told that as part of that side he would go down Anfield legend and folklore.

But a couple of decades later most of us forget he played for us, the younger generation probably don’t even realise, even his Old Trafford goals are back in the mists of time and don’t seem as important now as they did at the time, and he’s only getting pushed further down the roll call of honour by the current lot.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #5803 on: July 5, 2020, 07:57:33 pm »
Murphy is bitter because Rafa fucked him off after he told him he wasn't first choice.

Carragher has to over compensate after spitting at a young United fan but he was always a bit of a prick. If Rafa had had the power base to move him on his last year he'd be as bitter as Murphy.

Lawrenson was the one I never got. He used to be terrible on BBC with our games (back when they had more games etc).
Well Lawro played in a very successful era for us so you could excuse him a bit having a go at a not so successful side, he's been OK the few times I've heard him recently on Five Live. Murphy and Carra though utter gobshites the pair of them
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5804 on: July 5, 2020, 07:57:36 pm »
Micah Richards with his raucous laughter is so fucking annoying. Nothing is that funny Micah, let alone Gary Lineker.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5805 on: July 5, 2020, 07:57:58 pm »
Micah Richards. Doesn't hide his bias and his laughing is horrible.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #5806 on: July 5, 2020, 07:58:59 pm »
Carragher is happy sucking Sky's cock and pandering to their agenda so he can fuck off for me.  Legend my arse.  Average player who Rafa Benitez made a better player, and even then he repaid him by stabbing him in the back.

Tyler is still the worst though.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5807 on: July 5, 2020, 08:01:19 pm »
Why isn't Martin Tyler miles ahead in the poll?

I know Danny Mills is a prick but he gets nothing like the airtime of Tyler.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5808 on: July 5, 2020, 08:03:45 pm »

I’ve just witnessed this for the first time on the half time ‘analysis’ on bbc

Christ

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5809 on: July 5, 2020, 08:03:57 pm »

Mills has been very quiet these last couple of weeks, hasn’t he.  ;D 8)

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5810 on: July 5, 2020, 08:46:20 pm »

On that subject, why does it seem to only be former Liverpool player pundits that feel the need to hide their bias so much? The rest seem to have no problem being actual cheer leaders.

Richards is the worst one to pop up in recent times though as a cheerleader and a pundit. He's dog shit.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5811 on: July 5, 2020, 08:53:52 pm »
Well Lawro played in a very successful era for us so you could excuse him a bit having a go at a not so successful side, he's been OK the few times I've heard him recently on Five Live. Murphy and Carra though utter gobshites the pair of them

Lawro is a lot better now but he had a bee in his bonnet over something. The year we won the UEFA Cup under Ged all the games were on BBC and he never had one good word to say about us. It showed the camera in the studio when we scored the winner in the final and Hansen was jumping up and down (even Lineker IIRC was up) and Lawro was just sat there with a face like a slapped arse. As much as I don't like Carragher he at least celebrated when we won the league.

Murphy and Carragher used to do hit pieces on Rafa in the NOTW when Bascombe was there. They've always been snides.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5812 on: July 6, 2020, 01:08:35 am »
Murphy and Carragher used to do hit pieces on Rafa in the NOTW when Bascombe was there. They've always been snides.

Didn't Carragher have an issue with foreign players cause the wives couldn't chat at dinner. Bet he was made up by the dinner parties with Hodgson, Cole, and Konchesky.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5813 on: July 6, 2020, 01:14:52 am »
On that subject, why does it seem to only be former Liverpool player pundits that feel the need to hide their bias so much? The rest seem to have no problem being actual cheer leaders.

Richards is the worst one to pop up in recent times though as a cheerleader and a pundit. He's dog shit.

The ones that show their bias don’t usually last long or get many gigs. Dwight Yorke used to refer to United as “we” on Sky before they binned him. Carra goes the other way and becomes hyper critical.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5814 on: July 6, 2020, 01:21:03 am »
From what I remember, Tyler said the line about Salah's "reputation". But I did hear Carragher saying City were a technically better team and would get along better with no crowds.

Technically better? For the coaches etc on this forum, is that even true? Could you win a league title with 7 games to go and be 23 points ahead of the second placed team if you’re technically inferior to the second places team? Is Carra playing up to the claims we rely on emotion and passion from the crowd? We’ve been beating teams on the road and we have a better away record than city; we’re 10 points ahead from 1 fewer game on the road.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5815 on: July 6, 2020, 01:22:57 am »
The ones that show their bias don’t usually last long or get many gigs. Dwight Yorke used to refer to United as “we” on Sky before they binned him. Carra goes the other way and becomes hyper critical.

You clearly haven't been paying attention to all the ones who are regularly employed by Sky/BT/BBC and freely demonstrate their bias at every opportunity.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5816 on: July 6, 2020, 09:32:41 am »
Even by his own very low standards, Tyler was a disgrace yesterday.

He turned everything he possibly could into a negative, too many to list individually, but the Salah accusations were a disgrace.

This whole thing was invented and driven by the media, and he is clearly being judged way more harshly than other high profile attacking players. Worse than Tyler, was Carragher letting it go unchallenged.

After the City game, I said that I thought it was a pen, but Salah doesn't get given it and yesterday was a good example of that. Carragher had been taking some lessons off Mcmanaman with his "nothing in that" line.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5817 on: July 6, 2020, 01:04:30 pm »

Tyler's prickishness is a constant background slow burn; whereas Mills has occasional hyper-intense, explosive bursts of prickishness that really catch the eye, and then goes quiet again for a while.

Don't be lulled into a false sense by it; two minutes of Mills opening his shittwat gob can be worse than months of Tyler's dour drip-drip twattery. They're both c*nts, mind.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5818 on: July 6, 2020, 01:10:28 pm »
Tyler's prickishness is a constant background slow burn; whereas Mills has occasional hyper-intense, explosive bursts of prickishness that really catch the eye, and then goes quiet again for a while.

Don't be lulled into a false sense by it; two minutes of Mills opening his shittwat gob can be worse than months of Tyler's dour drip-drip twattery. They're both c*nts, mind.

So Tyler is sort of... herpetic, whereas Mills goes all soft?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5819 on: July 7, 2020, 07:07:51 am »
Garth Crooks again, I know I shouldnt bite but sometimes cant help it.

"If United can keep Greenwood out of the clutches of Madrid and Barcelona, Liverpool and City may have a problem next season."

"Liverpool should consider themselves fortunate that they had the title pretty much wrapped up before the lockdown as they havent been the same with no fans"

An actual moron at work, and I have to contribute towards the pricks wages.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5820 on: July 7, 2020, 11:00:58 am »

"If United can keep Greenwood out of the clutches of Madrid and Barcelona, Liverpool and City may have a problem next season."

"Liverpool should consider themselves fortunate that they had the title pretty much wrapped up before the lockdown as they havent been the same with no fans"

Ah bless him. He conveniently forgets we have won 2 out of 3 games since coming back and the first one was one of the best performances I have ever seen from us. But let the Man City game when our lads had been living on a high make his mind up eh. Maybe he doesn't realise there was no fans at he Palace game.
Even if Utd do fend off that persistent interest there will undoubtedly be in the best striker of his generation. or maybe ever, from Madrid, Barca and may aswell throw in PSG and Juve, they still have Fred, Luke Shaw and Lindelof in their team, never mind De Gea.
He is the very epitome of the knee jerk, everything that's hot right now is the best ever, ignore the facts and just concentrate on the hype pundit. He is exactly what I hate about people who are paid to give their opinion. First class idiot with exactly the kind of opinion you'd see on somewhere like Twitter of a Man Utd forum.
BBC would need to have a long hard look at themselves too and what they want to be, especially the editor who publishes this kind of nonsense, if they want to be a click bait fine, go ahead with this kind of "expert" view, but if they want some kind of respectability they're way off.   

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5821 on: July 7, 2020, 11:19:46 am »

Yeah, cos City have swept every team aside haven't they? ::) We literally had enough points before lockdown to go on holiday and leave everyone else to it. That shows how good we have been, it's not something you can use AGAINST us you fucking idiot! (Garth, not you!)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5822 on: July 7, 2020, 11:23:20 am »
Yeah, cos City have swept every team aside haven't they? ::) We literally had enough points before lockdown to go on holiday and leave everyone else to it. That's not something you can use AGAINST us you fucking idiot! (Garth, not you!)

haha it's mad how some people view that as a negative isn't it ?  Some people just have to find a negative in absolutely everything. Although I will give him credit in being able to find one (even though its not) in our season, that's not easy.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5823 on: July 7, 2020, 11:36:53 am »
Now we've finally won the league it's amazing how many things are being spun into a negative:

Winning it early - means new season starts now. Unless of course they want to go down the tainted route, in which case they forget it was won in March.

Winning lots of games by 1 goal - means we are unconvincing. When others do it, it's the sign of champions "know how to win", "find a way even if not at best"

Not playing well - sign of decline, team has peaked, Liverpool have been "worked out"

If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny. I think we should all know by now that we are held to different standards and we will never get the praise we are due from some quarters, they will just keep shifting the goalposts.

To be fair though, it's not the whole media, some are quite good and just give credit where it's due.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5824 on: July 7, 2020, 11:50:15 am »

"They've been incredibly lucky to have won the league by virtue of being miles better than everyone else."

Well, it's an opinion I suppose.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5825 on: July 7, 2020, 03:39:45 pm »
Charlie Nicholas on great form again in his midweek predictions. Says Salah looks "out of sorts". Apart from scoring one and assisting one against Palace, assisting against Villa and hitting the post against City.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #5826 on: July 7, 2020, 03:49:51 pm »

I wouldn't go as far as to say we hadn't been the same without fans. But we always played like we had the wind behind our sails when we had fans cheering.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5827 on: July 7, 2020, 06:05:12 pm »
Yeah, cos City have swept every team aside haven't they? ::) We literally had enough points before lockdown to go on holiday and leave everyone else to it. That shows how good we have been, it's not something you can use AGAINST us you fucking idiot! (Garth, not you!)

Even with us supposedly being so terrible since the lockdown, we have a record of P4 W2 D1 L1 compared with City who have P5 W3 L2, so almost identical ppg and our points lead meant we could afford to start slower than others on the return anyway.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #5828 on: July 7, 2020, 09:25:00 pm »
Even with us supposedly being so terrible since the lockdown, we have a record of P4 W2 D1 L1 compared with City who have P5 W3 L2, so almost identical ppg and our points lead meant we could afford to start slower than others on the return anyway.
Plus. you know, the fact that our players had a massive week-long party between games
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #5829 on: July 8, 2020, 10:14:19 pm »
It's Martin Tyler. It's always been Martin Tyler. It will always be Martin Tyler.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5830 on: July 8, 2020, 10:20:10 pm »
Enjoyed Carraghers five minute analysis of how Robbo ‘didn’t actually mean to hit Salah...he didn’t even look up’ off the corner, accompanied by replays of Robbo looking up and then taking the corner, and further accompanied by another corner from Robbo where he hit Mo in the same spot from the other side.

Prick.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5831 on: July 8, 2020, 10:24:35 pm »
After our second goal, I think Tyler went about a full minute without even speaking a word. The age of him and huffing. Tube

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5832 on: July 8, 2020, 10:26:36 pm »
After our second goal, I think Tyler went about a full minute without even speaking a word. The age of him and huffing. Tube

He then perked up when Brighton had a sniff of a chance a couple of minutes later. Still managed to get our goal drought away from home stay in about ten times, even after we’d scored two, then three. You have to commend his persistence. :lmao

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5833 on: July 8, 2020, 10:30:30 pm »
How many times did Tyler randomly mention United without any reference to the game he was watching?

Carragher is turning into one of those old blokes who rattle on about fuck all and then mutter into their pint of mild.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5834 on: July 8, 2020, 10:36:17 pm »
Tyler needs to retire or be binned off. :butt & that "AND IT'S LIIIVE" is so annoying now too. :no
#Sausages

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5835 on: July 8, 2020, 10:36:51 pm »

He went on to them moan and pretty much say they should play like Burnley/Palace with everyone behind the ball.

Made himself sound stupid as Brighton played fairly well and with that style it gave them more chances against us.

Souness also said if they cut out the mistakes they go 1-0 up well that isn’t a given and if they play big boot than they may not get into the game like they did.

All I care  about is a few youngsters playing and we avoid injuries this season is done.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5836 on: July 8, 2020, 10:40:49 pm »
Enjoyed Carraghers five minute analysis of how Robbo ‘didn’t actually mean to hit Salah...he didn’t even look up’ off the corner, accompanied by replays of Robbo looking up and then taking the corner, and further accompanied by another corner from Robbo where he hit Mo in the same spot from the other side.

Prick.

Liverpool's double goalscorer Mohamed Salah, speaking to Sky Sports, on his header from Andy Robertson's corner: "We trained on that yesterday and two days ago - finally Robbo gave me an assist and I'm happy with that [he chuckles]."

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5837 on: July 8, 2020, 10:49:44 pm »
Souness wound me up after the game, Salah apparently takes being selfish "to another level". This is the kind of shit that then gets trotted out by everyone on social media and the narrative is set again, he even said that Mo has fallen out with Sadio over it "a number of times" ffs. They never even mentioned his number of assists, although Mo managed to talk about them in his interview at least and pretty much said himself that they get overlooked.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5838 on: July 8, 2020, 11:08:24 pm »
Souness wound me up after the game, Salah apparently takes being selfish "to another level". This is the kind of shit that then gets trotted out by everyone on social media and the narrative is set again, he even said that Mo has fallen out with Sadio over it "a number of times" ffs. They never even mentioned his number of assists, although Mo managed to talk about them in his interview at least and pretty much said himself that they get overlooked.

I like Souness but that kind of shit is bloody annoying, it seems like Mo is always having to defend himself and it doesn't sit well, either he's a diver or he's selfish, he cant win. There's 1 player in the league who goes down easier than anyone else around, and he is the greediest player on top of it - Harry Kane. Although I've not heard one single person label any of them 2 allegations against him. And he's only got 2 assists all season, I think.
Kane is just a goal scorer and is clever apparently.
What's he even on about he has fell out with Sadio a number of times ?  That one game, later in the day they were taking the piss out of each other. And Souness is always banging on about its healthy for players to have a go at each other.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5839 on: July 8, 2020, 11:09:31 pm »
Tyler literally said that Liverpool - premier league, European and world club champions - should ‘take a leaf out of Manchester United’s book’ and wrap games up early. I mean... wow.