Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530188 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
How anyone, in any position of power or role in the public spotlight, can speak like that in the 21st century can speak like that and not be laughed out of the building is insane. In a fully developed 'Western Democracy' as well.
I've no idea who the woman is or what she really believes but I imagine her publically saying such a thing is mostly about deflection; get people fulminating about crazy religious ghoulishness rather than gun control. Anything but gun control.

Despite the feeling from those of us looking in that gun control seems impossible there, the pro-gun nutters must be panicking after each incident, terrified that the sudden turning point could come at any time. These kind of mass direction changes often happen suddenly when a tipping point is reached.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
I've no idea who the woman is or what she really believes but I imagine her publically saying such a thing is mostly about deflection; get people fulminating about crazy religious ghoulishness rather than gun control. Anything but gun control.

Despite the feeling from those of us looking in that gun control seems impossible there, the pro-gun nutters must be panicking after each incident, terrified that the sudden turning point could come at any time. These kind of mass direction changes often happen suddenly when a tipping point is reached.

I really don't think there is a turning point. I mean obviously some day in the far far faaaaar future it'll turn, but that will be generations down the line.

Everything that should have changed it has already happened.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
I really don't think there is a turning point. I mean obviously some day in the far far faaaaar future it'll turn, but that will be generations down the line.

Everything that should have changed it has already happened.
Like I said, when turning points happen, they are often relatively sudden, and usually not predicted in the run up. No guarantees of course.

In any case the point was that as most pro-gun types are seethingly paranoid anyway, they are probably convinced it's going to happen tomorrow even as they trot out their 'cold dead hands' bluster and grandiose rhetoric
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The slaughter of primary school children wasn't enough,so I doubt there's anything that would tip the needle other than Trump getting hit with a pellet or pea shooter.

I've seen rabid dogs who were more pro life than the c*nts.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*

There's always a chance that's the case, but I'm more inclined to think she actually believes that shit. It's scary.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
I so enjoy it when "Christians" say the quiet part out loud.

Jenna Ellis, one of the right-wing lawyers who represented former President Donald Trump in his failed attempts to overturn the 2020 election, proclaimed on Wednesday's edition of The Jenna Ellis Show that the five victims who were murdered in the massacre at Club Q in Colorado Springs, Colorado early Sunday morning are burning in Hell.

"The five people who were killed in the nightclub that night, there is no evidence at all that they were Christians. So assuming that they were not, that they had not accepted the truth of the gospel of Christ and affirmed Jesus Christ as the lord of their life, they are now reaping the consequences of having eternal damnation," Ellis said. "And that is far, far greater – we should be having that conversation. Instead of just the tragedy of what happened to the body, we need to be talking about what happened to the soul and the fact that they are now in eternal separation from our lord and savior Jesus Christ."

Fucking ghoul.

She's going to be pretty fucking disappointed when she eventually dies. Others naturally won't be.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
It can't be done - they don't have the manpower, the time, the logisgtical ability or the will to do it.

Would you surrender your guns while millions are still being held illegally and while mass shootings (4 or more people shot) will still happen on a daily basis and cities like Chicago and Baltimore continue to lose at least one person per day to a shooting?

This is serious question for you and anybody else who is either supportive of the gun laws in the US or just doesn't think anything can be done. What would you having a gun do in those situations? Take the one in Walmart the other night or the gay nightclub the night before, what would owning a gun at home have done to prevent that? Hell, how many of the 600 (or 6000, I can't remember) mass shootings have been prevented by the fabled 'good guy with a gun'?

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
This is serious question for you and anybody else who is either supportive of the gun laws in the US or just doesn't think anything can be done. What would you having a gun do in those situations? Take the one in Walmart the other night or the gay nightclub the night before, what would owning a gun at home have done to prevent that? Hell, how many of the 600 (or 6000, I can't remember) mass shootings have been prevented by the fabled 'good guy with a gun'?

My current understanding is that if you are in a mass shooting situation, you would hope to be surrounded by brave people like drag queens, rather than pants shitting cowards like Uvalde cops.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
The number of households with guns do, especially if you compare to Australia.  So does the difference in state laws and such especially with this Supreme Court.

It isn't easy, even if it's the right thing to do (I'm not arguing against that).

It would be hard but this is one of those that would need a law passed to make it happen, federal level.

I cannot fathom how people can keep defending guns everywhere, it is a mental country and not that Americans will care but it puts me off America a lot.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
It would be hard but this is one of those that would need a law passed to make it happen, federal level.

I cannot fathom how people can keep defending guns everywhere, it is a mental country and not that Americans will care but it puts me off America a lot.

Surely a federal law banning the manufacture and import on weapons/bullets (Chris Rock Theory) would put a cap on what's in the economy.

Technically, you're not banning weapons just their manufacture.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The slaughter of primary school children wasn't enough,so I doubt there's anything that would tip the needle

Yup. If Sandy Hook wasn't enough, nothing will be.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
Yup. If Sandy Hook wasn't enough, nothing will be.

Taking down the multiple members of the house of representatives might get the conversation going.

They will only do something when they are severely directly impacted

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
thinking outside the box here...

how's about they keep all the guns - own as many as you want

the right to bear arms still stands...

just ban lethal ammunition - so you can still fire rubber bullets (or whatever is similar as i don't know) and save yourself from the oncoming (delete as applicable to you) zombie apocalypse/new world order/jews/black uprising/white supremacists/aliens/the police/vampires/republicans/democrats/qanon/apes/seinfeld apocalypse - you get the picture
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Fucking ghoul.

That's crackers that.

American Christians are a world away from those outside America.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
It seems like a lot of the shootings that aren't gang related happen because someone just flips out. Take the gun away from that person and they probably go home, have a wank and get over it. They aren't murderers that would have access to an illegal firearm, and they aren't murderers that would find another way to kill. The same could probably be said for a lot of the suicide victims too.

We've probably all been in a situation where we've lost our heads, punched someone or shouted in a fit of rage or something. I know I have. I'd like to think I would never shoot someone, but if I had a gun on me at those times, who knows. And that right there is enough for me to support a ban - sure it wouldn't stop a lot of killings, at least not right away, but for every gun off the streets you're potentially saving a life, if not dozens of them.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.

I am in no way supportive, but is it possible, that most people think the guns are a deterrent. ie if the good guys have guns, then the bad ones are less likely to go round shooting people? Clearly the evidence from other countries is overwhelming.

I really don't know what you mean by the quiet part, and out loud.  I guess it's phrasing, but I can't process. Would you mind elaborating specifically what you mean? Mainly to appease my anal hating of not understanding things.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
I really don't know what you mean by the quiet part, and out loud.  I guess it's phrasing, but I can't process. Would you mind elaborating specifically what you mean? Mainly to appease my anal hating of not understanding things.

Usually after mass shooting Christians/Republicans just say “terrible, horrible, thoughts and prayers” see Lauren Boeberts comments, all the whole thinking “happy gay/trans people died”

This one decided to say the “happy gay/trans people died” out loud.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!

I think you underestimate the power of Evangelical Christianity in the US. She's not deflecting - that's her sincere belief. There's another video doing the rounds of a preacher saying he's not upset about the shooting - he sais he's glad they were killed because they won't be attacking children...

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
I think you underestimate the power of Evangelical Christianity in the US. She's not deflecting - that's her sincere belief. There's another video doing the rounds of a preacher saying he's not upset about the shooting - he sais he's glad they were killed because they won't be attacking children...

She also hated Trump before she loved him. I don't think any of the prominent right wing folks have sincere beliefs. It's all just a racket, a grift for them. They say whatever keeps them relevant in the conservative ecosystem so they can keep getting booked on Fox.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Taking down the multiple members of the house of representatives might get the conversation going.

Exactly.  If you've lost a loved one to these shootings and are suicidal etc, don't throw your life away pointlessly. Get something useful in return.  Find a  solution,  you can't get that through changing the law... then band together with those in a similar place,  make a list of the republicans in the house and Senate most vocal on this to benefit their own agenda,  kill them off methodically.  At this point,  for me,  we know enough of the grifters and cowards on the opposite side of the issue to assess this move will work spectacularly well in enacting that change,  well before you need to go too far down that list.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 01:59:59 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Fucker Carlson's feelings about the whole thing.

You might have to take that extract away. The reek is sickening. It's making everyone feel very ill.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Usually after mass shooting Christians/Republicans just say “terrible, horrible, thoughts and prayers” see Lauren Boeberts comments, all the whole thinking “happy gay/trans people died”

This one decided to say the “happy gay/trans people died” out loud.

Ah, thank you.  I understand what was meant now.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
That's crackers that.

American Christians are a world away from those outside America.

The ones in Rwanda didn't exactly excel themselves.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
The ones in Rwanda didn't exactly excel themselves.

Pretty sure all that clerical child sex abuse wasn't confined to American shores, either.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just to be clear, are you saying that in the decades since Dunblane, had guns continued to proliferate society, we wouldn't have seen mass shootings in the UK as we see in the US? The few we have had surely contradict this nonsense. You don't think angry teens and psychopaths getting hold of a gun when they are readily available in your local supermarket wouldn't lead to immeasurably greater acts of mass slaughter?

If so, I'm bewildered as to how you can argue that. The biggest issue in the US is semi automatics, military grade weapons being used. Not a shotgun. Had we continued to allow handguns these types of weapons would obviously also be available here. And obviously people who wish to enact harm would be far more likely to be able to get hold of said weapons of war than they can today.

You obviously have absolutely no idea how the gun laws worked in the UK, so I'll leave it at that
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan

The video interview with the Colorado shooters dad is also disturbing as fuck.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

She went off script because of the victims,it's usually thoughts and prayers but she couldn't bring herself to saying that due to their pronouns.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan

I remember there was one potential mass shooting in a shopping mall that was foiled by a GGWAG earlier this year. Thanks to him, only 3 people were murdered, so that was a huge win for 2A and freedom lovers everywhere (because you need 4 kills to make it a mass shooting). I remember reading in the article that the GGWAG fired something like a dozen rounds from a distance of some 30-50 metres, which naturally made me wonder how good his accuracy was and whether the 3 deaths were all attributable to the same shooter, but it would be uncouth to ask such questions.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I guess we don't get to hear of when ggwag prevents a mass shooting, even if it's fairly common. Though it'd imagine it's tough to get to even three killings without a gun.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I remember there was one potential mass shooting in a shopping mall that was foiled by a GGWAG earlier this year. Thanks to him, only 3 people were murdered, so that was a huge win for 2A and freedom lovers everywhere (because you need 4 kills to make it a mass shooting). I remember reading in the article that the GGWAG fired something like a dozen rounds from a distance of some 30-50 metres, which naturally made me wonder how good his accuracy was and whether the 3 deaths were all attributable to the same shooter, but it would be uncouth to ask such questions.

The thing is, even if the "GGWAG" fired the shots that killed some of those people, it might still be the people he was shooting at who get charged with their murders.

It's due to the concept of Felony-Murders, which mean if someone dies while you are committing a crime, you can be charged with their murder, even if you were not directly responsible for their death.

E.g. In the below story, two men broke into a house. Homeowne shot and killed one of them, and the other burglar is charged with murder:
https://www.newson6.com/story/5e35ee472f69d76f62025737/sand-springs-man-charged-with-murder-burglary

Longer article about a different case (and the general concept) here:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43673331

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I guess we don't get to hear of when ggwag prevents a mass shooting, even if it's fairly common. Though it'd imagine it's tough to get to even three killings without a gun.

It's not fairly common though.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.

You think so?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_baseball_shooting

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
The whole Good Guy With A Gun thing is a red herring. You wouldn't need a GGWAG if there wasn't a BFMWAG running around, and you would be far, far less likley to have a BMFWAG running around if guns weren't available in Walmart.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

As I said I don't know who the woman is so I don't know her beliefs (and as corkboy says, I have doubts about the sincerity of a lot of the right wing personalities). But that's not really my point. I was suggesting that the reason why this person (regardless of beliefs) was saying those things, out loud, right now, in a way that makes her seem like a heartless ghoul, might (at least partly) be to create a talking point that distracts people from the real issue: gun control.

And the reason for that, IMO, is that for all their bluster I think the gun lobby are getting more and more panicky that things could start to sour on them, and change quickly. This is all part of the tipping point idea; that something that looks totally impossible today could very quickly become possible a short time later if a tipping point is reached. And in that there is some hope in what seem like hopeless times.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
BBC News - Club Q Colorado shooting: Attack was ended by dad and show performer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63698165

GG without a gun.
Though ex military. 

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan

You don't reckon there's powerful vested interests in amplifying such stories? I've read a couple, no reason to believe they got big exposure while others were ignored.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
BBC News - Club Q Colorado shooting: Attack was ended by dad and show performer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63698165

GG without a gun.
Though ex military.

And a transgender with a hell of a heel as I heard.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You don't reckon there's powerful vested interests in amplifying such stories? I've read a couple, no reason to believe they got big exposure while others were ignored.
Id not considered that. Good point.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And a transgender with a hell of a heel as I heard.
Hopefully she had anger issues.
Sorry not sure if that's the right pronoun.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
https://t.co/GCPwxb2gz1
Not a mass shooting, but a 10 yr old shoots his mam because she wouldn’t order him a VR headset. Kills her and then logs on and orders one from Amazon.
Seems like the kid has had mental health issues since he was very young. They are trying him as an adult
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."