Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530552 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Imagine the irony of a Walmart store manager using a weapon that was actually available in store.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
SKY said its the 600th mass shooting this year.

Insanity. Its beyond comprehension for anyone who isn't a complete twat.

But of course those liberals and the woke are the real menace...

(Sorry 607th mass shooting.  :o )

The price of freedumb mate.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
I doubt the founding fathers would continue to support the 2nd amendment rights under current circumstances

It is utter madness that gun ownership, and the types of firearms available, is still considered 'normal' to many in the states.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I doubt the founding fathers would continue to support the 2nd amendment rights under current circumstances

They'd probably have all been shot before they got the chance to sign it.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
The 2nd amendment rights, as now pushed by the arms dealers & gun lobbyists are almost certainly not what the founding fathers originally intended.
The founding fathers were also not infallible.
Its lunacy.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
The 2nd amendment rights, as now pushed by the arms dealers & gun lobbyists are almost certainly not what the founding fathers originally intended.
Its lunacy.

thing is, they treat it like it was dictated by god (they believe not i) and not mere mortal men
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
The 2nd amendment only applies to a well regulated militia anyway. But who cares, we need more guns!!

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
You can't take away their guns though. What if the govt becomes tyrannical and they have to overthrow it?

They'll need the guns to defeat the army
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You can't take away their guns though. What if the govt becomes tyrannical and they have to overthrow it?

This is something you can never explain to people. They think JimBob with his AR15 is more than a match for the US Govt. It's hilarious and yet at the same time so so sad.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Probably the only nation in the entire world that has people protecting the constitution rather than the other way.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Its lunacy.

Maybe the founding fathers were homicidal maniacs that just wanted to watch the world burn?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe the founding fathers were homicidal maniacs that just wanted to watch the world burn?

Maybe they had MAGA wigs?

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
the way the say 'less than 10 dead' as if that's a good thing - the irony

We all know it's "fewer than 10 dead".
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

There'd be a massive push back against it, most of the shootings will be getting done with illegal firearms anyway. Criminals don't go buy their guns in a gun shop. There's no way I'd be giving up legally owned firearms until they sorted out the millions of illegal ones washing about

The logistics and cost of getting 200 million firearms handed in is massive and likely beyond them anyway. Also, just imagine a million or so guns getting stolen from wherever they store them. This is the country where someone managed to buy a stolen engine from an F-15 Fighter from a USAF base ffs.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
No it's way too late to do anything about it now. You'd literally have to seize hundreds of millions of guns and destroy them, and then control production afterwards. Definitely not happening
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
No it's way too late to do anything about it now. You'd literally have to seize hundreds of millions of guns and destroy them, and then control production afterwards. Definitely not happening

The best time to do it was x number of years ago, the next best time is now.

I

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

:lmao

Boss bit of humour in the grimness suurrounding just another day in the United Cult of America
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

I
Exactly right. No offence to the above posters but that's just helpless, defeatist thinking. Yes it'll be hard but the only way it can ever be done is to make a plan and start to do it, however hard it is and whatever the initial fallout and ramifications are.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I

It can't be done - they don't have the manpower, the time, the logisgtical ability or the will to do it.

Would you surrender your guns while millions are still being held illegally and while mass shootings (4 or more people shot) will still happen on a daily basis and cities like Chicago and Baltimore continue to lose at least one person per day to a shooting?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
This is something you can never explain to people. They think JimBob with his AR15 is more than a match for the US Govt. It's hilarious and yet at the same time so so sad.

What is so heartbreaking is that they banned AR15 sales and mass shootings declined but since Dubya let it lapse due to the gun lobby bribing politicians, mass shootings have one up year on year. When little turds like Rittinghouse get away with murder, it’s a wonder Walmart haven’t promoted  this sick bastard to area fire arms salesman.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
It can't be done - they don't have the manpower, the time, the logisgtical ability or the will to do it.

Would you surrender your guns while millions are still being held illegally and while mass shootings (4 or more people shot) will still happen on a daily basis and cities like Chicago and Baltimore continue to lose at least one person per day to a shooting?

It can be done, there's just no easy way of doing it.

Guns are held illegally in this country, it doesn't mean we go out and arm ourselves.

I'm not saying i know what the answer is but there has to be a way, no matter the cost and logistics and how unpalatable some of it may be for some people.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?

Australia did it.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Of course it can be done.

It'll be a great start, it won't irradicate the gun problem right away, but it would be a huge step forward.

You'd on top of that need legislation that would limit gun sales and what type of guns you can buy, but a long journey starts with a single step.

Would it happen in the current climate, absolutely not, but to say you can't do it now because there are too many guns is wrong.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

Why not? It's what's happened in every civilised country. When people in the UK, Australia etc gave up their guns they knew that there were still countless that were illegally held, but they still did it. I think you once said you were among them, right?

Of course it will be harder in the USA due to the gun cult mentality, and there WILL be flashpoints and sieges and nutters refusing to give them up, "cold dead hands" etc.

But by the same token a lot of people who talk big beforehand often give in meekly when their actions bcome illegal with real world consequences for them, so there will be a lot who WILL give their weapons up, regardless of whatever bluster and showboating they are currently spouting about it.

But yes, it will be tough, but if there's to be any hope of ending this constant bloodshed and madness then it will have to be done, starting somewhere, and the nation will have to accept that it will be a painful, difficult process for some years, with bad things happening during the process. That's the price they'll have to pay for letting it get this far and this fucking dumb.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care

i feel guilty laughing at that
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
Australia did it.

The gun buyback scheme after Port Arthur got about 640,000 guns (1 year from 1996 to 1997).

There are almost 400 million firearms in the US spread out among 320 million people.  Even accounting for just households with guns, about 40% of American households have firearms.

Australia's population is about the size of the NYC metro area.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but it's far far less feasible here.  We need to start somewhere though.
King Kenny.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Size of a countries population makes no difference,it's the same bullshit argument the anti universal healthcare make.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
Size of a countries population makes no difference,it's the same bullshit argument the anti universal healthcare make.

The number of households with guns do, especially if you compare to Australia.  So does the difference in state laws and such especially with this Supreme Court.

It isn't easy, even if it's the right thing to do (I'm not arguing against that).
King Kenny.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The gun buyback scheme after Port Arthur got about 640,000 guns (1 year from 1996 to 1997).

There are almost 400 million firearms in the US spread out among 320 million people.  Even accounting for just households with guns, about 40% of American households have firearms.

Australia's population is about the size of the NYC metro area.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but it's far far less feasible here.  We need to start somewhere though.

It always pisses me off when people dismissively say "The UK did it" or "Australia did it" as if the issues are the same.

The UK was vastly different from the USA as every legally held firearm was on a Firearms certificate and there were only 160,000 legally held handguns, we all gave up our firearms as we felt we could not argue for the continuation of a sport, when children were killed. Believe it or not, shooters in the UK are not wannabe Rambos or someother such shite, we didn't have this "right to bear arms" bollocks, we just enjoyed a sport and the activity surrounding it. We actually made the cover up for what really happened easy. Criminal guns weren't even athought is relation to keeping the guns, as 1) we were not allowed to have them out of the safe unless going to/from the club and 2) Gun crime wasn't an issue that affected us. We did try to point out that the ban would do fuck all to stop gun crime, and the 40% jump in the 2 years after the ban proved that.

The state of Texas alone, which is 3 times the size of the UK in area, has over 1 million registered firearms. It took something like 18 months for the 160,000 to be handed in in the UK, where the hell is Texas supposed to get the manpower to handle the surrender of over 1 million guns? What aboout the other 49 states? How will they deal with those who refuse to hand them over? Who will do it? Can Texas afford the cost of compensation for the guns handed it, you're looking at upwards of $500 million if they do what the UK did.

Then, when you've spent billions of dollars and the death rates don't drop, as dickheads continue to shoot servers in Maccies, shoot other gang members or just murder neighbours with illegal guns, what do you do then? Surely the better solution is to spend the $billions on task forces, maybe drwan from ex military and get out there and try to clear the streets of the illegal guns first? Target the biker gangs who gun run, hit the gans hard and get their weapons off the streets, that kind of thing.

Oh and what most probably don't know, we didn't stop shooting, we just used the compo to buy small calibre semi automatic rifles, large calibre rifles and shotguns and kept on shooting, so the handgun ban really didn't make a difference. If I'd actually wanted to go on a rampage, my rifles were a lot more deadly than the handguns I surrendered.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 05:47:55 pm by rob1966 »

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Sorry Rob but this is classic whataboutery and deflection. 'Whatabout the illegally held guns'?

Let's be clear: every single country in the world has illegally held guns, and every single country in the world will always have to deal with that. It will never go away. That's the nature of criminality.

But that's not the issue here; that's a war that will always be with us and if you say that tackling 'legal' gun ownership has to wait until illegal gun ownership is sorted out then that's tantamount to saying 'Never bother' because that day will never come.

The issue here is that in this one country, the USA, due to a mix of history and lies and misrepresentation and the power of the gun lobby and the weakness of the political system (which is essentially  and constantly for sale)  and a kind of weird religious zeal, 'legal' gun ownership and carrying and usage has become both insanely out-of-control and hugely and demonstrably destructive and antithetical to life and safety - not via accident but via regular, intentional acts of violence.

It has to be dealt with and just saying 'deal with illegal guns first' is not the answer. Yes, illegally owned guns have to be dealt with as well, but it's not one or the other. It's both and of the two, legally owned guns are supposed to be easier to deal with and remove from the equation - at least in any normal, civilised country.

Your rebuff about moving from handguns to rifles/shotguns is not what you think it is. All it demonstrates is that by choice a selective ban was introduced here and was successful. If the ban had been wider-ranging, including rifles and shotguns etc , it would also have been successful.

No-one is discounting the different contexts in the UK and the USA; the contexts and the concomitant difficulties are indeed chalk and cheese, but that will just mean that the ways of dealing with them will also have to be chalk and cheese.

Our handgun ban was carried out in a quiet and civilised manner with near total compliance. In the USA it will be different: there'll be screams and protests and there'll be trouble, rage, flashpoints, shootouts, sieges, militias holing-up and riots. There'll be pain and loss and destruction while the process is carried out, but they'll have to bear that brunt and carry out the process just the same.

If our ban was a course of anitbiotics, there's will involve amputation and bloodloss. Because the disease is so much worse.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
^

I mention the move to rifles as the way the ban was sold to the public, I well remember Jack Straw spouting this shite, was that it would make the public safer, which was utter nonsense. Until Hamilton murdered the kids, most people had not a clue that legally held handguns were owned and didn't give a shit . Then the media started the campaign as if everyone was in mortal danger (dangerous dogs anyone?) and that started the whole ban ban ban storm. There was never actually a need to ban handguns, even the new Labour Govt knew this, but it was a vote winner at the time, Hamilton never would have been able to do what he did if the Police had actually done their jobs and removed his guns when he was thrown out of Sterling gun club. Gun crime rose 40% after the ban, went down for a bit, then rose again, but none of this was down to the handgun ban, it had zero impact on criminals and their access to handguns.

Anyway, its not about deflection or whatabouterry, I'm just trying to point out that a ban is not as easy as people flippantly state on here on a regular basis, and using the UK as an example its like comparing apples and oranges. You just cannot compare other countries to the US - their legal and illegal gun numbers are off the scale, the USA holds half of the entire number of firearms in the world, fucking mental numbers. Texas on its own has 7 times the number of REGISTERED firearms than the UK had, its not as simple as people make out. Then its the cost. The UK, at an average of £500 per gun, spent £80 million in compensation, it was a lot higher than that due to a lot of very expensive guns being handed in. At $500 each, the USA is looking at $160 billion. People quickly lose the appetite for bans when costs like that are involved.

I tried to find out how many illegal guns there were in the USA and its hard to get a figure. Its estimated that 380,000 guns get stolen each year (law enforcement and the military also lose a lot but don't give figures), so we are talking about getting on for 4 million added to the illegal numbers in the past decade. Its probably fair to assume that there are 40 to 50 million illegal guns in the USA.

I agree an overnight ban would have an affect on the deaths by firearm numbers, seeing as 55% are suicides, but they'll likely just kill themselves another way. Of the rest, I doubt you'd make much of a dent as criminals aren't handing guns in, so they will keep killing each other. Plenty of legal owners will also just pull the "I lost it/it was nicked/I destroyed it". I knew someone who claimed he'd thrown his gun in the Mersey, before shooting dead a fella in a kebab shop in Hannover Street, over a debt. This is why I say target illegal guns first, because otherwise, you're spending huge amounts of money to achieve nothing.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 07:25:22 pm by rob1966 »

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I agree an overnight ban would have an affect on the deaths by firearm numbers, seeing as 55% are suicides, but they'll likely just kill themselves another way.

Sorry Rob this is bollocks.

In the United States, suicides outnumber homicides almost two to one. Perhaps the real tragedy behind suicide deaths—about 30,000 a year, one for every 45 attempts—is that so many could be prevented. Research shows that whether attempters live or die depends in large part on the ready availability of highly lethal means, especially firearms.

A study by the Harvard School of Public Health of all 50 U.S. states reveals a powerful link between rates of firearm ownership and suicides. Based on a survey of American households conducted in 2002, HSPH Assistant Professor of Health Policy and Management Matthew Miller, Research Associate Deborah Azrael, and colleagues at the School’s Injury Control Research Center (ICRC), found that in states where guns were prevalent—as in Wyoming, where 63 percent of households reported owning guns—rates of suicide were higher. The inverse was also true: where gun ownership was less common, suicide rates were also lower.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/magazine/guns-and-suicide/

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry Rob this is bollocks.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/magazine/guns-and-suicide/

Why is it bollocks? Its obvious there is a link between firearms and suicides, seeing as its the most popular method. In the UK, there is a link between rope and suicide. The lads I've known who commited suicide all hung themselves, the ones my missus knew almost all hung themselves. There were 5,500 suicides in the UK in 2021 where we don't have mass gun owenrship, so its fair to assume that the rate in the USA will not change much with the removal of guns.

Sadly, when someone wants to die, they'll find a way.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why is it bollocks? Its obvious there is a link between firearms and suicides, seeing as its the most popular method. In the UK, there is a link between rope and suicide. The lads I've known who commited suicide all hung themselves, the ones my missus knew almost all hung themselves. There were 5,500 suicides in the UK in 2021 where we don't have mass gun owenrship, so its fair to assume that the rate in the USA will not change much with the removal of guns.

Sadly, when someone wants to die, they'll find a way.

It's fairly clear. You said people would just find other ways to kill themselves. The evidence proves that people are more likely to survive sucide attempts when you remove more lethal methods - particularly firearms.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Is there any link between gun ownership and the socioeconomic groups likely to commit suicide.

That 5500uk figure is shocking!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
There'd be a massive push back against it, most of the shootings will be getting done with illegal firearms anyway. Criminals don't go buy their guns in a gun shop. There's no way I'd be giving up legally owned firearms until they sorted out the millions of illegal ones washing about

Where do you think all the illegal ones come from?

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
Where do you think all the illegal ones come from?

Over the mexican border with the fentanyl candy carried by drag queens no?

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
^

I mention the move to rifles as the way the ban was sold to the public, I well remember Jack Straw spouting this shite, was that it would make the public safer, which was utter nonsense.

Just to be clear, are you saying that in the decades since Dunblane, had guns continued to proliferate society, we wouldn't have seen mass shootings in the UK as we see in the US? The few we have had surely contradict this nonsense. You don't think angry teens and psychopaths getting hold of a gun when they are readily available in your local supermarket wouldn't lead to immeasurably greater acts of mass slaughter?

If so, I'm bewildered as to how you can argue that. The biggest issue in the US is semi automatics, military grade weapons being used. Not a shotgun. Had we continued to allow handguns these types of weapons would obviously also be available here. And obviously people who wish to enact harm would be far more likely to be able to get hold of said weapons of war than they can today.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I so enjoy it when "Christians" say the quiet part out loud.

Jenna Ellis, one of the right-wing lawyers who represented former President Donald Trump in his failed attempts to overturn the 2020 election, proclaimed on Wednesday's edition of The Jenna Ellis Show that the five victims who were murdered in the massacre at Club Q in Colorado Springs, Colorado early Sunday morning are burning in Hell.

"The five people who were killed in the nightclub that night, there is no evidence at all that they were Christians. So assuming that they were not, that they had not accepted the truth of the gospel of Christ and affirmed Jesus Christ as the lord of their life, they are now reaping the consequences of having eternal damnation," Ellis said. "And that is far, far greater – we should be having that conversation. Instead of just the tragedy of what happened to the body, we need to be talking about what happened to the soul and the fact that they are now in eternal separation from our lord and savior Jesus Christ."

Fucking ghoul.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 10:48:27 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
How anyone, in any position of power or role in the public spotlight, can speak like that in the 21st century can speak like that and not be laughed out of the building is insane. In a fully developed 'Western Democracy' as well.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.