Author Topic: GAA Thread 2010  (Read 196813 times)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: GAA Thread 2010
« Reply #1960 on: August 19, 2010, 07:44:04 pm »
Cork supporters have problems moneywise too with them being not too shabby in BOTH codes.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1961 on: August 19, 2010, 11:20:07 pm »
Is that this weekend? Down Rose is from Newry, apparently I used to work with her boyfriend.

It is indeed, Iv been checking out the form put a monkey on the Leitrim rose apparantly she does a sword swallowing act.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1962 on: August 19, 2010, 11:31:32 pm »
Anyways, fuck it, the resident Dubs of this thread wont be posting in here anymore after Sunday

I want to beat these c*nts bad now on Sunday

Bring it the fuck on :)
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1963 on: August 19, 2010, 11:34:06 pm »
The Dubs have turned it a bit sour on here alright. I'll be shouting for my cousin anyway and by exstension Cork.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1964 on: August 19, 2010, 11:34:16 pm »
It is indeed, Iv been checking out the form put a monkey on the Leitrim rose apparantly she does a sword swallowing act.

I'd fill her throat up with 12 inches of my own sword

She's no Joanne Cantwell, but Im not fussy like
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1965 on: August 19, 2010, 11:39:38 pm »
KERRYKOP, when are you moving off abroad lad?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1966 on: August 19, 2010, 11:55:57 pm »
KERRYKOP, when are you moving off abroad lad?

3rd of September the countdown is on, my going away bash is next week

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1967 on: August 19, 2010, 11:58:11 pm »

Good thing Kerry weren't there this year then.

My mate's missing a potential Down AI final cos he's going to Oz on the 15th.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1968 on: August 20, 2010, 12:01:05 am »
Drinking on the street this weekend for the lovely girls compatition should sort me out, hopefully the weather holds up.

But they all have lovely bottoms!!
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1969 on: August 20, 2010, 12:04:37 am »
Good thing Kerry weren't there this year then.

My mate's missing a potential Down AI final cos he's going to Oz on the 15th.

Ha that was supposed to be my dilemma

Careful now you might offend the girls

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1970 on: August 20, 2010, 12:10:57 am »
Ha that was supposed to be my dilemma

To be honest if he regrets not goin a year and a half ago because of a girl, I doubt the All Ireland final will stop him finally getting away.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1971 on: August 20, 2010, 12:17:16 am »
Looking forward to going to Croker for the semi-final. I will feel like a fraud as I don't even like the sport, but my boyfriend is English and is coming too, so at least I won't stick out like a sore thumb amongst the locals. Looking forward to seeing the new stadium. And a piss-up in Dublin whatever the result.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1972 on: August 20, 2010, 12:19:22 am »
I haven't even got my ticket yet, Ballyholland haven't released their allocation.

Think half of work is going, reckon there'll be a few sore heads on Monday whatever the result.

YNWA Rafa.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1973 on: August 20, 2010, 12:24:34 am »
Isn't Monday a bank holiday?

About 30 of us - family and friends - have booked into the Regency for the night. £40 a room so hard not to say no to that.

Should be a good atmosphere.

Don't know enough about the sport to know what the result is going to be, but apparently it may be difficult enough?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1974 on: August 20, 2010, 12:25:15 am »
Looking forward to going to Croker for the semi-final. I will feel like a fraud as I don't even like the sport, but my boyfriend is English and is coming too, so at least I won't stick out like a sore thumb amongst the locals. Looking forward to seeing the new stadium. And a piss-up in Dublin whatever the result.

Two tips to help you fit right in, first get one of these cowboy hats and while at the game call the ref a bollox for 70 minutes.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1975 on: August 20, 2010, 12:27:22 am »
Isn't Monday a bank holiday?

About 30 of us - family and friends - have booked into the Regency for the night. £40 a room so hard not to say no to that.

Should be a good atmosphere.

Don't know enough about the sport to know what the result is going to be, but apparently it may be difficult enough?

Still workin though, people still need their groceries, bloody old ladies, can't they go one day without telling us all about their cats.

We're not stayin, we'll be heading down there and back on the Sunday. My brother's even coming home from England for it.

YNWA Rafa.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1976 on: August 20, 2010, 12:28:41 am »
I haven't even got my ticket yet, Ballyholland haven't released their allocation.

Think half of work is going, reckon there'll be a few sore heads on Monday whatever the result.

And still you wont take those two tickets! Jeff what did i do to you?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: August 20, 2010, 12:30:19 am »
Still workin though, people still need their groceries, bloody old ladies, can't they go one day without telling us all about their cats.

We're not stayin, we'll be heading down there and back on the Sunday. My brother's even coming home from England for it.

Where do you work?

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1978 on: August 20, 2010, 12:32:00 am »
Where do you work?

Teleperformance, and our campaign doesn't get the bank holidays, although only working til half 4 instead of the usual 8 til half 6 every Monday.

And still you wont take those two tickets! Jeff what did i do to you?

Those tickets aren't for the Hill!!

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1979 on: August 20, 2010, 12:37:00 am »

I'll be heading off soon myself. Im going to do one year in Belfast for my Masters, then moving the States. This year will be my last year following Cork around the country for a good few years I think. Thats what cut me up 2 weeks ago. Walking out of Croker after seeing our hurlers getting spanked hurt like a bastard. I just took one look around the place, saw Sean Og trudging off defeated, and just tried to remember the good days circa 04 and 05. My lip was shaking I must admit. Its funny how you grow so attatched to a team. Its hard to let go like, if you know what I mean? I just hope our footballers can give us a good send off. Its going to be weird not heading to Croker on Sunny Sundays from next year onwards. I'm gonna miss it bad :(

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1980 on: August 20, 2010, 12:39:23 am »

In's In!

My auld lad and brother who were in the Hill for Kerry versus Mayo in '96 Semi surround by Kerry supports.

In's In!

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1981 on: August 20, 2010, 12:40:24 am »
Teleperformance, and our campaign doesn't get the bank holidays, although only working til half 4 instead of the usual 8 til half 6 every Monday.

You'll surely off load them to someone, look I'll give you the tickets and if you dont sell them grand if you do throw us a few bob, they're great seats like

Offline Dermot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: August 20, 2010, 12:51:06 am »

Were Drinkin, Shmokin, and Fightin on RTE this winter, cork boi!

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1983 on: August 20, 2010, 12:51:25 am »
I'll be heading off soon myself. Im going to do one year in Belfast for my Masters, then moving the States. This year will be my last year following Cork around the country for a good few years I think. Thats what cut me up 2 weeks ago. Walking out of Croker after seeing our hurlers getting spanked hurt like a bastard. I just took one look around the place, saw Sean Og trudging off defeated, and just tried to remember the good days circa 04 and 05. My lip was shaking I must admit. Its funny how you grow so attatched to a team. Its hard to let go like, if you know what I mean? I just hope our footballers can give us a good send off. Its going to be weird not heading to Croker on Sunny Sundays from next year onwards. I'm gonna miss it bad :(

I did the exact same thing at the end of the Down game. As soon as the final whistle went I looked straght at Tom O'Sullivan and followed him off the pitch, knowing that was the last time Id see him in the Green & Gold. I'm like you I'll be off for a good few years, but I havent started to grieve for that loss yet, I suppose next year when the ball is thrown in and I'm thousands of miles away it will hit me.  I feel very lucky to have had the amount of great days in the 19 years our so following Kerry and to have experienced all those great players, but above all I look back on my years with great happiness and above all pride. Ciarrai Abu.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 12:53:39 am by KERRYKOP »

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1984 on: August 20, 2010, 12:52:35 am »

Some c*nt better put that up on the web I dont want to miss the buckeens

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1985 on: August 20, 2010, 01:11:37 am »
I suppose next year when the ball is thrown in and I'm thousands of miles away it will hit me.

Thats the moment Im dreading the most. For now, I'm just going to cling to the hope that I'll be home some September that we're in a final, and that I'll get to re-aquaint myself with Jones' Road. I know deep down like, after this Sunday, its gonna be a good few years before I get to sample the feeling of being in Croker for a semi or a final. The Cold Turkey is in the post, and I aint looking forward to it :(

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1986 on: August 20, 2010, 01:14:06 am »

Fuckin lairy shtuff mon

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1987 on: August 20, 2010, 01:27:43 am »
Thats the moment Im dreading the most. For now, I'm just going to cling to the hope that I'll be home some September that we're in a final, and that I'll get to re-aquaint myself with Jones' Road. I know deep down like, after this Sunday, its gonna be a good few years before I get to sample the feeling of being in Croker for a semi or a final. The Cold Turkey is in the post, and I aint looking forward to it :(

For me its the walk in from Barrys Hotel past mountjoy square on a sunny Sunday with the anticapation of great things and serious buisness ahead. I'll also be missing a certain ginger haird wizard  from Killarney , the man is just coming into his prime.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1988 on: August 20, 2010, 01:28:20 am »
Fuckin lairy shtuff mon

You'd want to be awful fuckin wary of the c*nt

Offline Spirit_of_Istanbul

• 100º Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1989 on: August 20, 2010, 12:24:54 pm »
Obviously not everyone living in Dublin follows GAA. But having over a million people is a pretty big catchment area, wouldn't you agree? Even if only 1 out of every 20 people followed it, you'ld still have enough to fill Croke Park. And I think it's pretty safe to say the ratio is far more than 1:20. So its easy for you to fill Croker, especially as it's on your doorstep

See, now you've gone and made yourself look an even bigger tit and opened a can of worms for yourself.

Seeing as you are so quick to mention the attendance at the Cork and Limerick game, could you please enlighten my not so knowledgeable self and tell me how many of you and your Croker filling compatriots turned up to watch your hurlers in the Leinster semi final? You really ought to think before you type. 2 can play this game fuck chops

I'm not talking about Hurling, I'm talking about football.
"There is no one, anywhere in the world, at any stage, who is any bigger or any better than this football club."

Offline Spirit_of_Istanbul

• 100º Proof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1990 on: August 20, 2010, 12:29:55 pm »
And about 5 of the Dubs fans travel anywhere, you barely fill Parnell park for your league games. Fair weather fans the Dubs...Cork brought about 20-25,000 for the hurling against Kilkenny even though all and sundry said they would get a beating and they duly got one but still showed up.

Dublin will be up against it on Sunday and Corks experience in the past few years should see them through with a few points to spare
What planet are you living on? 'About 5 Dubs fans Travel anywhere' Dublin travel in mubers when they go mate so maybe you should take a loko at facts before you come here and start bashing Dubs travelling. Secondly, Cork and Kilkenny was an All Ireland semi final, surely there should have been more than 20-25k, if fans aren't going because they feel they are going to ge beaten then I just proved my point.
"There is no one, anywhere in the world, at any stage, who is any bigger or any better than this football club."

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1991 on: August 20, 2010, 01:40:27 pm »
I'm not talking about Hurling, I'm talking about football.

The only fucking thing you're talking is complete and utter unsubstantiated bollox. Firstly you started off with a lame assertation that Dublin is the only County with a foreign section in its population. That comment alone pretty much tells me and anyone else reading this all we need to know about your level of intelligence. Either you're a tourettic retard, or you're just not very bright, I can't quiet make up my mind which one. Either way, I think it's pretty safe enough to say, you're not blessed with a full compliment of braincells.

Secondly you brought up the subject of travel costs and claimed that the Dubs never moan when they have to travel. With the greatest of respect, what the fuck would you really know about travel costs when it comes to supporting your county? Lets be honest here, you'ld know fuck all about it. So spare me the whole fucking "fair enough it can be expensive at times" shite. Fact is, you haven't a clue.

By my count Dublin have had to play outside of Dublin 4 times in the last 10 years in the Championship. If we consider that the Championship runs for 5 months each year, then that's 4 games in the last 50 footballing months that you were required to haul your fucking stupid ass out of Dublin. I had travelled to 4 matches this year by the end of fucking July.

So you see, it's easy to go beating the drum that Dublin always travel in numbers and never moan about it, but the fact of the matter is, it happens so infrequently that travelling is pretty much a novelty to you. I can categorically guarantee you that if Dublin fans were required to travel to every game, every single summer, and fork out the costs that some of the rest of us have to pay out, then you wouldn't be so fucking quick to point fingers at everyone else for bringing (what is in your retarded mind) poor attendences. So you can stick that one in your fucking arse and all.

Which finally brings me to this gem of a comment that you made:

Maybe have a look at the attendance between Cork and Limerick before talking to me aboput loyalty

There is so much stupidity, irony, and self contradiction in there that I'm honestly finding it hard to choose where to begin with my retort. I'll ignore the poor spelling. I think we've already established that you're not the brightest tool in the box so I'll press on. Lets jump to the topic of the attendence. There were more Cork people at that game than there were Dubs at the Leinster Hurling semi final. And that was one of Corks lowest turn out in years. So who the fuck are you to point fingers?

I noticed you mentioned that you were talking about football and not hurling. Prior to that you were quick to proceed in prompting me to check the attendence numbers before I dared to question youre supposed "loyalty". So correct me if I'm wrong, you're loyalty kicks in when you think you're footballers have a chance of winning, and outside of that you all stay the fuck at home when you think you're going to get beat, whilst also dismissing the fact that you even have a hurling team? Because thats what the facts suggest, and I've got the figures of your attendences this year to back it fucking up.

So anyways, fuck me, I'm bowled over by your loyalty. And there was me following our hurlers and footballers in equal measure like some sort of dick. I've clearly made myself look like quiet a fool here haven't I? I'll have to think before I type in future in case I go making myself look like a fucking retard. Enjoy Sunday c*nt chops, it will be the last time you'll have to make the long journey to Jones' Road this summer. We'll tell Sam you said hi.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:44:32 pm by Billy The Kid. »

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1992 on: August 20, 2010, 01:46:03 pm »
What odds on Kildare winning Sam by defeating Dublin in the final??

Could be worth a few quid i reckon, although from whats left in it I'd want Cork to win it

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1993 on: August 20, 2010, 01:47:03 pm »
Anyone on here any chance of getting a few hurling tickets and be willing to part with them for good honest hard earned cash??

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1994 on: August 20, 2010, 01:50:28 pm »
Anyone on here any chance of getting a few hurling tickets and be willing to part with them for good honest hard earned cash??

I've got 2 tickets

Answer the follwing and I consider giving you one

no but he's a tit of the highest order, mind that arrogant fucker in the red and white stripes isn't much better
How the fuck is Donal Og arrogant ?

And don't talk bollox now, be specific

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1995 on: August 20, 2010, 02:35:30 pm »
Chirst Billy who shit in your corn flakes? You're on the war path today

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1996 on: August 20, 2010, 02:49:58 pm »
Chirst Billy who shit in your corn flakes? You're on the war path today

Shit is going down in here today mon, big fucking shtyle

Those Dublin boys are shlippery ould hoors mon

I just shlapped one of 'em asunder

I'm off for a shmoke, talk to ya later

Offline PanchDeBurca

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1997 on: August 20, 2010, 03:34:44 pm »
I've got 2 tickets

Answer the follwing and I consider giving you one

Jeez your in bad form today Bill

Well if i remember correctly he was very blaze about Tipp hurling and said something along the lines of he'd never had any fear Tipp as he always thought they'd beat us (and whether its true or not its a bit arrogant to put it in writing don't you think?)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1998 on: August 20, 2010, 04:51:13 pm »
My dad hasn't gotten me a Hill 16 ticket. RAGE!

YNWA Rafa.

Offline Dermot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1999 on: August 20, 2010, 05:03:41 pm »
My dad hasn't gotten me a Hill 16 ticket. RAGE!

In's in.