Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440365 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Assuming your issue today is Cummings behaviour, and undermining a key public health message, I have to say I find your choice to rant and attack the credibility of a key public health official is a bit hypocritical no?

Maybe attack the government, rather than the health worker who doesn't get to choose the government they have to work for.

Ill choose to attack who i wish. I dont need your advice or guidance thankyou.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's not totally invalid, but if I was in the position, I wouldn't have driven 300 miles because that's what the guidance told us not to (as most others would have had to not do).
That’s my point. Many have been in much more difficult positions, but still stuck with the guidance.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ill choose to attack who i wish. I dont need your advice or guidance thankyou.

I know that. Not trying to tell you not to. Just pointing out that you're attacking the health worker and not the politician. Keep it up if you fancy.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Didnt Durham police say that they spoke to Cummings? Shapps is such a lying c*nt.
No, they spoke to someone at the house (castle?).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
That’s my point. Many have been in much more difficult positions, but still stuck with the guidance.

Its quite clearly a situation where yet again someone at the top has fucked up and should go. Calderwood, Ferguson etc however deserved they were of their sacking just dont have political protection Cummings has.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Bet he couldn't fucking wait to get out of there.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's ridiculous that Boris is nowhere to be fucking seen. If he's not up to the job of PM then stand down.
its probably better he’s not on much, hardly makes you feel confident

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Assuming your issue today is Cummings behaviour, and undermining a key public health message, I have to say I find your choice to rant and attack the credibility of a key public health official is a bit hypocritical no?

Maybe attack the government, rather than the health worker who doesn't get to choose the government they have to work for.
She’s not being held hostage. Her tone is different to how it would have been back at the start of April, because she’s trying to justify Cumming’s actions.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
its probably better he’s not on much, hardly makes you feel confident

He's the leader of this country. If he can't be bothered to lead it and face the media then he should stand down.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
That was like sending Curtis Jones out to face the press after Kiev.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

She doesn't get to choose the government she works for, but she does get to decide who to protect. Time and time again she has jumped to the government's defence.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
She’s not being held hostage. Her tone is different to how it would have been back at the start of April, because she’s trying to justify Cumming’s actions.

Is she? Got any quotes to back up that claim?

Yeah she's not being held hostage, but why should a deputy CMO resign and stop working during a pretty important period in public health, because of the actions of a political aide?

She doesn't get to choose the government she works for, but she does get to decide who to protect. Time and time again she has jumped to the government's defence.

Quotes? Examples? Proof?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

She could be protecting her own role. She thinks we are one of the best in the world at dealing with this. Dont know what makes her think that.

Online bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan

Yeah she's not being held hostage, but why should a deputy CMO resign and stop working during a pretty important period in public health, because of the actions of a political aide?

Quotes? Examples? Proof?

By mentioning anything to do with ‘safeguarding’, it’s clear she is not being as explicit in repeating the stay at home messaging that her and her colleagues were extremely stringent in outlining in March. It provides some potential mitigation for Cummings that clearly has never been mentioned before.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
I understood the safeguarding response to set what Cummings has been claiming well outside it. It's the Tory line but it falls to pieces as soon as you realise that they didn't have anyone help care for the child once they got to Durham.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why did no-one ask if it was safe to even drive with the virus, far less 250 miles.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

Quotes? Examples? Proof?

Her colleagues in the NHS were dying from lack of PPE, and she had the cheek to turn on a journalist asking valid questions regarding the Turkey PPE fiasco and ask for a grown up debate on PPE. Or how about claiming the UK had been an international exemplar for coronavirus preparedness.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
By mentioning anything to do with ‘safeguarding’, it’s clear she is not being as explicit in repeating the stay at home messaging that her and her colleagues were extremely stringent in outlining in March. It provides some potential mitigation for Cummings that clearly has never been mentioned before.

Exactly. If they'd explained the circumstances behind it, said sorry for angering a lot of people and also said he probably didn't make the best judgement then people could sort of accept it. Instead we are getting 'read the fine print, it's all there that you should use your own judgement'

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Definitely a change of message today unsurprisingly. Hoping this doesn't go away but the government seem determined to protect Cummings regardless.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I understood the safeguarding response to set what Cummings has been claiming well outside it. It's the Tory line but it falls to pieces as soon as you realise that they didn't have anyone help care for the child once they got to Durham.
My understanding too. And reiterated messages encouraging vulnerable people to seek help and use the NHS, instead of defaulting to serious harm while trying too hard to 'protect the NHS'

Then immediately after, she said that the minister should be answering the political question about Cummings and made clear her response was not in relation to Cummings but to the question asked about children

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Her colleagues in the NHS were dying from lack of PPE, and she had the cheek to turn on a journalist asking valid questions regarding the Turkey PPE fiasco and ask for a grown up debate on PPE. Or how about claiming the UK had been an international exemplar for coronavirus preparedness.

Think I actually watched that one and thought she gave a very rational answer to a heightened emotional question (actually it was before the Turkey stuff played out). By the way she mentioned her kid(s) are doctors (as she is), so not sure why you're implying she doesn't care about colleagues health.

If you come across any quotes that support your claim that she decided to jump to protect cummings and the goverment, please share them.

Online bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
Exactly. If they'd explained the circumstances behind it, said sorry for angering a lot of people and also said he probably didn't make the best judgement then people could sort of accept it. Instead we are getting 'read the fine print, it's all there that you should use your own judgement'

Yep, it gives him a way out that him and his supporters can say has been legitimised by the experts. If she was being truly professionally objective, she’d have repeated the very prescriptive, clear rules from 2 months ago that had absolutely no leeway - it was stay at home and nothing else. Instead, we’re being told these were open to interpretation. It’s clear in black and white for anyone who watches government briefings over the last 3 months that it isn’t.

‘Stay at home, save lives, protect the NHS’ wasn’t it? This is extreme gaslighting that she is partaking in.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:07:17 pm by bornandbRED »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Forty people infected after attending a church service in Frankfurt
https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN22Z0OE?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
My understanding too. And reiterated messages encouraging vulnerable people to seek help and use the NHS, instead of defaulting to serious harm while trying too hard to 'protect the NHS'

Then immediately after, she said that the minister should be answering the political question about Cummings and made clear her response was not in relation to Cummings but to the question asked about children

Don't think it's us being too favorable either, Lewis Goodall was a bit 'well of course it would be Harries' before the briefing and much less so after it.

Message on continuing to get help seems national and local? At least, council here has sent out letters reminding people, presumably who'll flag up on the system, to keep accessing NHS as well as signposting other help they're providing and the nurses at GP surgeries have been on the phones. Been effective for me in getting me to head for my blood tests in any case.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Think I actually watched that one and thought she gave a very rational answer to a heightened emotional question (actually it was before the Turkey stuff played out). By the way she mentioned her kid(s) are doctors (as she is), so not sure why you're implying she doesn't care about colleagues health.

If you come across any quotes that support your claim that she decided to jump to protect cummings and the goverment, please share them.

Are you seriously suggesting you agree that the Uk was an international exemplar for coronavirus preparedness. Whilst you are at it do you think she was correct to go on the attack when the government was asked about the Turkey PPE fiasco.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan

Thought the same with the way she framed her answer.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Are you seriously suggesting you agree that the Uk was an international exemplar for coronavirus preparedness. Whilst you are at it do you think she was correct to go on the attack when the government was asked about the Turkey PPE fiasco.

Literally made up both of those things, Al. Bit needlessly sensationalist.

Literally said in my post I didn't see the post-Turkey press conference.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Literally made up both of those things, Al. Bit needlessly sensationalist.

Literally said in my post I didn't see the post-Turkey press conference.

At the time front line medical staff were being asked to re-use PPE Harries when questioned about it stated that the UK was an International exemplar of preparedness. That isn't staying out of the politics and sticking to issuing scientific advice.

Rounding on journalists and asking for a grown debate on PPE was clearly defending the government and not sticking to offering scientific advice.

Today stating that it was okay to go from A to B in a car was safe when she did not know if Cummings and his party stopped to refuel or use the toilets on a four and a half hour journey with a four-year old was also out of order for me.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 05:27:34 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
At the time front line medical staff were being asked to re-use PPE Harries when questioned about it stated that the UK was an International exemplar of preparedness. That isn't staying out of the politics and sticking to issuing scientific advice.

Rounding on journalists and asking for a grown debate on PPE was clearly defending the government and not sticking to offering scientific advice.
Still no quotes. It was at a press conference so should all be on the record?
Today stating that it was okay to go from A to B in a car was safe when she did not know if Cummings and his party stopped to refuel or use the toilets on a four and a half hour journey with a four-year old was also out of order for me.
Yeah fuck her for not knowing the logistics of every car journey, right? Although I don't think I recognise what you're saying, doesn't sound like what I heard.

The bit I heard she said that spending extended time together in confines of a car increased risk of transmission (albeit the risk was already there as they all share a household).

It's a bit of a shame that a health worker is becoming the story for some, and the subject of attack, because of the actions of an unrelated government aide. At this point, if you don't have any quotes to back up your attacks I'll follow this sage advice and stop contributing to the 'white noise' that takes the focus from the actual issue.
The easiest way to discredit something is to add a bit of disinformation to the pot. Then when you discredit the disinformation the actual facts become discredited as well. For me there were two choices radio silence and actually look at the facts. The government statement and what Cummings wife has already stated.

Or just adding white noise in to the mix. That is what Laura K has done.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Still no quotes. It was at a press conference so should all be on the record?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-jenny-harries-criticised-for-patronising-remark-about-exemplar-preparedness-11975652

The UK, she said: "Has been an international exemplar in preparedness. So the fact that there is a pandemic stockpile is considered a very high quality mark of a prepared country in international terms."

Yeah fuck her for not knowing the logistics of every car journey, right? Although I don't think I recognise what you're saying, doesn't sound like what I heard.

The bit I heard she said that spending extended time together in confines of a car increased risk of transmission (albeit the risk was already there as they all share a household).

If she didn't know whether the journey was from A to B then she should not of brought it up. I would say her bringing it up clearly gave credence to Cummings actions. So let's have your opinion, what chance do you think there is of having enough fuel and not needing to stop for a toilet break with a 4 year old on a 4 and a half hour journey.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If she didn't know whether the journey was from A to B then she should not of brought it up. I would say her bringing it up clearly gave credence to Cummings actions. So let's have your opinion, what chance do you think there is of having enough fuel and not needing to stop for a toilet break with a 4 year old on a 4 and a half hour journey.

She brought something up? I thought she was asked a question.

I'm happy to answer your questions, but I can't really understand what you are suggesting happened? The easiest way would probably be if you provided some quotes to contextualise (and attempt to back up) your claims?

It shouldn't be too hard for you to find proof that she 'decided to protect' Cummings, as you claimed. It's a recorded press conference after all.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Never watched the daily briefing but watching the news coverage and it appears Government has now decided the key messages are underpinned with ‘common sense’ interpretation. 

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
She brought something up? I thought she was asked a question.

I'm happy to answer your questions, but I can't really understand what you are suggesting happened? The easiest way would probably be if you provided some quotes to contextualise (and attempt to back up) your claims?

It shouldn't be too hard for you to find proof that she 'decided to protect' Cummings, as you claimed. It's a recorded press conference after all.

The question did not mention A to B. So quite clearly she did bring up an A to B journey.

So by bringing up an A to B journey in response to a series of questions about Cummings she clearly added credence to the notion that Cummings did nothing wrong.

She also continually brought up safeguarding when she knows damn well that there is a time delay between being asymptomatic or not having COVID19 and deteriorating to such an extent that you would be unable to look after a child.

Why bring up safeguarding if she wasn't seeking to defend Cummings ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Where the fuck is the Prime Minister?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Where the fuck is the Prime Minister?

I think he is busy replying to my posts.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The question did not mention A to B. So quite clearly she did bring up an A to B journey.

So by bringing up an A to B journey in response to a series of questions about Cummings she clearly added credence to the notion that Cummings did nothing wrong.

She also continually brought up safeguarding when she knows damn well that there is a time delay between being asymptomatic or not having COVID19 and deteriorating to such an extent that you would be unable to look after a child.

Did she do any of these things Al? Could you provide some quotes to back up your assertions?

Properly lolled at that ;D

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
I wish I looked in this thread often enough to appreciate that!

But seriously... where is he? And why is he allowed to hide like this?!

These c*nts make me so angry. How people cannot see them for what they are.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
I wish I looked in this thread often enough to appreciate that!

But seriously... where is he? And why is he allowed to hide like this?!

These c*nts make me so angry. How people cannot see them for what they are.

I remember during the war when Churchill just sodded off for a while

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

To answer you more seriously, given I missed this when skimming before, because it's important that people are aware of the best current advice (more important than the white noise from Cummings bollocks)

It's known that people aren't presenting to healthcare despite being unwell, so it's important to reinforce that some people really shouldn't be staying at home right now.

Children feared to have died as coronavirus concerns keep seriously-ill patients away from Kent hospitals
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/children-have-died-because-of-covid-19-fears-227530/