Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440043 times)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Do you reckon BJ avoids the briefings because he is too ill, out because he is to scared of the roastings.

Wasn't the briefing with the biggest negative impact a monologue?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
My work got us all tested the other day for two types of antibodies - one type (IgM) for when you have only recently started fighting a virus, and the other (IgG) that develops after you have fought the virus off. Maybe someone more scientific then myself wants to correct me on that  :D

Anyway I tested negative for the first type, but positive for the second. Meaning that I did have the virus when I self-isolated with symptoms nearly two months ago now - theoretically giving me some form of immunity.

As it is there is six people sat around where I work, all doctors, who either had confirmed Covid-19 at the time, or who tested positive for anti-bodies. For all I know I could have given it to all of them, although I started self-isolating the second I felt a cough coming on. The thing is there was a shocking lack of action from my company, despite being a workplace full of doctors and nurses.

They failed to put hand gel near the finger print scanner until about two weeks after this whole thing started to kick off. It also took them more then two weeks to get cleaners in for the keyboards and desks etc. And despite being a medical company it is even now full of dirty bastards not washing their hands etc.

They hadn't set up the ability for us to work from home for several weeks either, and even now it is only possible to work from home at a reduced capacity despite it being entirely office and telephone based work (meaning I am back to working in the office), with us still being expected to use our own laptops. Despite being a big international company (without naming names it was mentioned by Donald Trump in one of his speeches), they have not at any point offered to supply us with a decent work laptop. All this while they were busy taking on new clients left right and centre on top of the already massive uptake in workload.

But perhaps most importantly, when I told my supervisor I was self-isolating with symptoms, they either did not pass it up the chain of command (and maybe hadn't been given any advice to do so), or alternatively they did and it was completely ignored by management. No attempt to contact trace or inform anyone I had been in contact with in the office. Then our manager went down with it confirmed about a week later, and apparently they still didn't attempt to contact trace or tell anyone in the office that they should probably self-isolate or get themselves tested. Shocking to be honest.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Only works 1 day per week.  Doubt he’ll be seen until PMQs again.  That’s if he’s up for another roasting.

There isn't a PMQ's next week.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Do you reckon BJ avoids the briefings because he is too ill, out because he is to scared of the roastings.

He's a massive coward.

Surely this is obvious?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
There isn't a PMQ's next week.

MPs get a recess for Whitsun, whatever that is (why don’t the rest of us get some time off for it too?)
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How much do you hate priti patel?
Ruthless. arrogant, thick as two short planks yet she must impress some people. maybe they don't know just how dangerously stupid she is. a lot of people voted for this lot, it will cost some their lives, family members lives, jobs etc etc.
Patel talking through her backside, she clearly hasn't got a clue on what she's talking about.
https://twitter.com/MrMichaelSpicer/status/1224619601738137600
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ruthless. arrogant, thick as two short planks yet she must impress some people. maybe they don't know just how dangerously stupid she is. a lot of people voted for this lot, it will cost some their lives, family members lives, jobs etc etc.
Patel talking through her backside, she clearly hasn't got a clue on what she's talking about.
https://twitter.com/MrMichaelSpicer/status/1224619601738137600
seeing as I am a brown man I can say this, but she’s a brown woman happily playing to their anti immigration/dog whistle is very well liked amongst a lot of knuckledraggers which is why, shameless enough to play along to boost their career and is their useless idiot

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.

He’s a very lazy man. Just doesn’t fancy doing them.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
seeing as I am a brown man I can say this, but she’s a brown woman happily playing to their anti immigration/dog whistle is very well liked amongst a lot of knuckledraggers which is why, shameless enough to play along to boost their career and is their useless idiot
I hope they enjoy living in the world they've helped create.
she is typical of today's Tory politician. talk with authority, always appear confident to the point of arrogance, it impresses the public, they think you know what you are talking about.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I hope they enjoy living in the world they've helped create.
She will be fine and she knows she will be more than fine if she sucks up and plays the game, can see this with the likes of Hancock, bend their principles for whatever gets them the best gig at the time, from memory wasn’t she a cameron protege around a decade ago?

she is typical of today's Tory politician. talk with authority, always appear confident to the point of arrogance, it impresses the public, they think you know what you are talking about.
to be fair she’s pretty good at the projection/public speaking part of it (large numbers aside), problem is for her when people probe her, or even just listen to the content to realise that she’s a prat

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

She’s not a unless idiot, she’s a very useful idiot. She allows the Tories to play the whole ‘I’m not racist, I know lots of black/brown people’ card with their entire immigration policy. But as much as she hates immigrants, she also hates British people, you know the most idle people in the world so no idea who she actually thinks is worthy of living in the same country as her?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"That's something we're looking at/into"

Never answered one question with a relevant answer the whole slot. Copper was a dickhead and I understand the scientist having to dumb down stuff for the public, but fucks sake, it sounded like they'd just took him off the street and he's recited " Karen from Facebooks knowledge of Covid 19" responses.

Shameful. these are our leaders ffs.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-investigated-police-after-22072579.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Suggestions Cummings broke the government rules by driving to Durham to drop off his parents when he was supposed to be isolating.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
"That's something we're looking at/into"

Shameful. these are our leaders ffs.
We are constantly reviewing........
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/dominic-cummings-investigated-police-after-22072579.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Suggestions Cummings broke the government rules by driving to Durham to drop off his parents when he was supposed to be isolating.
Wish we could get someone to phone him up and say his mum is on a ventilator....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
She will be fine and she knows she will be more than fine if she sucks up and plays the game, can see this with the likes of Hancock, bend their principles for whatever gets them the best gig at the time, from memory wasn’t she a cameron protege around a decade ago?
Yep. safe seat, earning a £1k a hour on top of her MP salary as a consultant to a company. brexit voice in Parliament, she knows how to look after herself. I think she laughs off the talk of being stupid,,she probably thinks anyone who has power and money can't be that stupid. I think she classes  herself in the elite group more than anything else. she views herself as upper-class, powerful.
to be fair she’s pretty good at the projection/public speaking part of it (large numbers aside), problem is for her when people probe her, or even just listen to the content to realise that she’s a prat
That's what I mean, she talks with authority as if she really understands what's shes talking about, I do wonder if people actually consider what politicians are actually saying,
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We are constantly reviewing........

We are ramping up the constant reviewing
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Reminds me of Milo who played to the right by saying he was gay by choice.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
MPs get a recess for Whitsun, whatever that is (why don’t the rest of us get some time off for it too?)

We do, that's what the bank holiday on Monday is for

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We do, that's what the bank holiday on Monday is for

This bank holiday is no longer anything to do with Whitsun since the 70s?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
This bank holiday is no longer anything to do with Whitsun since the 70s?

It's still a bank holiday that we get for Whitsun though, just because the date has moved doesn't change that. If we no longer had the bank holiday then we'd no longer be getting any time off for it. Still, the fact MPs get a week and we only get a day takes the piss.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

im sure there is absolutely no friends or family near by, including his wife’s family, who could look after the kid, but Cummings will do whatever the fuck he wants as he knows he’s untouchable, or at least until his  antics start costing Johnson in the polls (and by Johnson I really mean the Tory party as there seems to be quite a few who despise him, think Steve baker dislikes him a fair bit)

Yep. safe seat, earning a £1k a hour on top of her MP salary as a consultant to a company. brexit voice in Parliament, she knows how to look after herself. I think she laughs off the talk of being stupid,,she probably thinks anyone who has power and money can't be that stupid. I think she classes  herself in the elite group more than anything else. she views herself as upper-class, powerful.
id put her down as ‘well connected’ and she knows it, no matter how this goes and when it ends she’s got more than enough people who will support her as she is a useful person to know

That's what I mean, she talks with authority as if she really understands what's shes talking about, I do wonder if people actually consider what politicians are actually saying,
its more the soundbite culture, just sound confident and many will see the 10-15 second clip and think you are on top of it, to be fair I’ve done this at times in my work life (albeit nowhere near as serious as this) but when I’ve done it it’s done in the knowledge I know I can dig myself out of the hole I’m in, whereas with this it’s not being done on their schedule so they can’t do this

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
its more the soundbite culture, just sound confident and many will see the 10-15 second clip and think you are on top of it, to be fair I’ve done this at times in my work life (albeit nowhere near as serious as this) but when I’ve done it it’s done in the knowledge I know I can dig myself out of the hole I’m in, whereas with this it’s not being done on their schedule so they can’t do this
Yes, said this a few times over the last few years but they have been a real eye-opener. it'snot just the Tory voters who have been conned, millions of life long Labour voters have been influenced by these bull..MPs.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
She turned and walked off and I swear the notice with a green and yellow border changed to ‘Wide load’.

I thought it said danger toxic hazard
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
She’s not a unless idiot, she’s a very useful idiot. She allows the Tories to play the whole ‘I’m not racist, I know lots of black/brown people’ card with their entire immigration policy. But as much as she hates immigrants, she also hates British people, you know the most idle people in the world so no idea who she actually thinks is worthy of living in the same country as her?

To be fair she is the product of a family who have projected the “I worked hard to get where I am so anyone else can fuck off”
Her father was a UKIP candidate because “they aren’t racist”.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
To be fair she is the product of a family who have projected the “I worked hard to get where I am so anyone else can fuck off”

In fairness , they aren't really racist. More xenophobic.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He had a corner shop, not exactly Marks & Spencer’s.

And considering what happened to a lot of Indians when they were expelled from East Africa, you’d think in decent people that would produce some empathy with refugees and immigrants as that’s what a large proportion of his community were when they came over here.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
https://analyticsindiamag.com/the-most-devastating-software-mistake-of-all-time-why-is-the-imperial-model-under-criticism/

Did Ferguson resign? I remember his prediction/model being insanely high

resigned as an advisor to SAGE for meeting up with his girlfriend when they should have been in separate households.
Much the same error of judgement as Cummins has made.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
resigned as an advisor to SAGE for meeting up with his girlfriend when they should have been in separate households.
Much the same error of judgement as Cummins has made.

Oh no no..

Ferguson has had the virus so is highly unlikely  to spread the virus.

Cummings was active with symptoms and took the disease to the other end of the country.

Totally different.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
https://analyticsindiamag.com/the-most-devastating-software-mistake-of-all-time-why-is-the-imperial-model-under-criticism/

Did Ferguson resign? I remember his prediction/model being insanely high
The 'insanely high number' refereed to if nothing was done to curtail infection rates. Clearly, despite inadequacies, this is not what occurred.

That article is written by roboticist, Ram Sagar. He concludes:
Neil Ferguson’s model was also reviewed by the likes of Nassim Taleb who has been warning the masses about the pitfalls of misreading randomness.

“However, they make structural mistakes in analysing outbreak response. They ignore standard Contact Tracing allowing isolation of the infected prior to symptoms. They also ignore door-to-door monitoring to identify cases with symptoms,” wrote Nassim Taleb and his collaborators in their review of Ferguson’s Impact of non-pharmaceutical interventions.

This whole episode of Neil Ferguson exposes one thing for certain that the data scientists and policymakers can be fooled by randomness and their actions can lead to irreparable outcomes. This also urges for the importance of doing data science in the most robust and transparent way possible.

You can try the code for yourself here.
His quote of Nassim Nicholas Taleb et al for the conclusion is very odd since it does not support Sagar's argument that the Imperial model used poorly written code. Talib et al only criticised inadequacies of the Imperial report - subjects they failed to cover - such as the effects of contact tracing upon infection rates. As it turns out, the fact that contact tracing did not form part of the analysis by Ferguson et al would seem largely irrelevant since contact tracing was hardly employed by the UK. (Perhaps Fergsuon understood this would be the case?)

Anyway, the number of fatalities in the UK are way higher than the best case scenario outlined within the report. And, of course they are way lower than the worst case because 1) the UK employed infection controls; and 2) it is still relatively early days in the pandemic - fatalities will continue to rise, and significantly so, for some time yet.

I am unsure of what we are supposed to get worked up about from that critique by Ram Sagar.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
I am unsure of what we are supposed to get worked up about from that critique by Ram Sagar.

I think we're supped to get worked up over the fact they used the calculation to lock us all down and somehow it was a huge over reaction as the numbers were never as high as the model predicted. I think it kinda hides the fact the resignation wasn't really anything to do with the prediction....I was asking about that :)

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
very useful idiot who will always be fine so fuck everyone else

No xenophobic more of a ‘we were good immigrants but most aren’t’ type

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
Oh no no..

Ferguson has had the virus so is highly unlikely  to spread the virus.

Cummings was active with symptoms and took the disease to the other end of the country.

Totally different.

error of judgement in terms of breaking rules /interpreting them to fit their own needs.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
Today's government briefing and associated questions, as well as PMQ's next week, should make for interesting viewing on the back of this.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Today's government briefing and associated questions, as well as PMQ's next week, should make for interesting viewing on the back of this.

No PMQs next week...they’re on holiday
Believer

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Seriously?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The 'insanely high number' refereed to if nothing was done to curtail infection rates. Clearly, despite inadequacies, this is not what occurred.

That article is written by roboticist, Ram Sagar. He concludes:His quote of Nassim Nicholas Taleb et al for the conclusion is very odd since it does not support Sagar's argument that the Imperial model used poorly written code. Talib et al only criticised inadequacies of the Imperial report - subjects they failed to cover - such as the effects of contact tracing upon infection rates. As it turns out, the fact that contact tracing did not form part of the analysis by Ferguson et al would seem largely irrelevant since contact tracing was hardly employed by the UK. (Perhaps Fergsuon understood this would be the case?)

Anyway, the number of fatalities in the UK are way higher than the best case scenario outlined within the report. And, of course they are way lower than the worst case because 1) the UK employed infection controls; and 2) it is still relatively early days in the pandemic - fatalities will continue to rise, and significantly so, for some time yet.

As you point out the ‘worse case scenario’ figure in the Imperial report was c.500k fatalities.  At the other end of the scale with control measures invoked fatalities were estimated at 20-25k. 

Of course what the report couldn’t factor was the following;

Failing to invoke current control measures for nearly 2 weeks after report publication.
Allowing events to take place in that interim period with large crowds in attendance
Lack of PPE for staff in healthcare settings
Starting then stopping test and trace early days

Probably more but the above alone will likely have contributed to the difference between the estimated 25k fatalities and the current actual number.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
aged well this

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
aged well this

And it will be forgotten already because the smokescreen is already up. Peston and Kuenssberg have already got the spin moving. Apparently the party have Whattsapped and asked all their MPs to tweet support for Dom who “cares for his wife and child” but doesn’t give fuck about the parents.