Author Topic: Shirt Signing for a friend  (Read 6458 times)

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
Shirt Signing for a friend
« on: November 8, 2017, 03:51:31 pm »
Hi all,

We recently had a colleague at work pass away very unexpectedly. He was a huge red, and I wanted to get a shirt with his name on framed and hung up in the department as a tribute. As a starry eyed dream I contacted the club to see if there was any way of getting some signatures on the shirt before I framed it. They replied, and somewhat understandably rejected my response due to the sheer amount of signing requests they get (I'm sure it must be thousands).

As a last ditch before I give in I thought I'd post on here with all you knowledgeable lot to see if anyone had any ideas? I'm not getting my hopes up and I know it's an awful long shot but I thought I owed to him to give it a try.

Thanks.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Shirt Signing for a friend
« Reply #1 on: November 9, 2017, 01:37:29 pm »
Daft as fuck suggestion but my ex used to work in a hotel where all the football teams stayed for a game (in Leicester) and the staff manage to get a lot of signatures so I dunno, if you're lucky enough to know anyone in a specific hotel....?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 9, 2017, 03:18:11 pm »
That's a good idea, I'm not hopeful and to be honest one of my colleagues suggested we all sign it instead which in hindsight I think may be more sentimental anyway.

His funeral was today, this was on his coffin, as You'll Never Walk Alone played him out. Emotional to say the least...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3 on: November 9, 2017, 03:20:08 pm »
That looks class, bet he'd have loved that
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: November 9, 2017, 03:26:54 pm »
One piece of advice I would give you, is don't even think about trying to buy one off some random seller on ebay, as 95% are fake (yet everyone who has a signed shirt will be adamant that there's is the real deal).

Current squad is very difficult to obtain, and anything genuine would come at a premium. What is the persons age group? A legends shirt from a particular era might suit?

PM me, and I'll give you some more guidance, and some 100% genuine sellers who I know well, and who have arranged signing sessions with the players.