Author Topic: David Moores  (Read 123358 times)

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
Re: David Moores
« Reply #280 on: May 26, 2010, 07:34:08 am »
Not going to get into it re: David Moores - or his fucking family of carpetbagging leeches. I have older relations who knew and worked for John Moores and they tell me he was a decent man who looked after his workers. The people of his city. Once he was out of the picture Littlewoods went down the pan with the rest of the family looking to take out as much as they could. Moores is just a playboy and I am told that was the basis of Steve Morgan's antipathy towards him.

If you are so broken up about the situation you put us in David, pump some of that £80m into SOS and SLFC...

Tick, tick, tick..............

Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #281 on: May 26, 2010, 04:01:13 pm »
Fuck me, they took George Gillett's word on Tom Hicks so essentially they did no background checks on the bloke.  I find that very hard to believe
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline mig

• Legacy Fan
  • Bringing back better days
« Reply #282 on: May 26, 2010, 04:08:25 pm »
His heart is in the right place. He doesn't have the head to match it, unfortunately.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #283 on: May 26, 2010, 04:35:42 pm »
does anyone have a link to the letter as i cant seem to access the times online!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: May 26, 2010, 04:39:15 pm »

If you are so broken up about the situation you put us in David, pump some of that £80m into SOS and SLFC...

Or a hitman.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 26, 2010, 04:59:15 pm »
Discussing this on Talkshite at the minute.

Apparently Hicks is on between now and 7.00pm
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #286 on: May 26, 2010, 05:03:38 pm »
Read David Moores letter with interest and disbelief (too little too late in my opinion) The irony was clear we have David saying we were very careful finding a buyer, and then goes on to say we checked Gillet but accepted Hicks on the word of Gillet, this was a great club and you do not check one of the partners out properly, shame on you for putting personal profit above decent business practice in my opinion. :butt

To be Frank he sold this club with all the class of a dodgy secondhand car dealer, and also it is a bit rich now to state the fans have suffered enough, to dam right we have but what greedy person inflicted this massive and enduring pain on the club David? :no

His Crocodile Tears will not work for me, but he is maybe hoping to ease his conscience perhaps, sure as hell he needs to feel totally guilty for the mess we are in now!

(apologies to any dodgy secondhand car dealers who might post on here)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:34:39 pm by geoffstrong »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline kermit^

• Anny Roader
« Reply #287 on: May 26, 2010, 05:18:52 pm »
This is surely one of the very few good things that he has ever done for the club he apparently loves. In joining us to ask H&G to sell. But not after the mess he has caused. I guess with this letter, he expects his family and himself will be welcome back as one of the us, so he can step inside Anfield again as hero. He can suck each fans and I still hold him accountable for what has happened to our great club. Hope he sleeps well at night.
LFC (Liverpool F*ck-up Cycle):
1. new owner(s) says all the right things to win us over
2. give the mgr some money to spend
3. refinance the club with debts behind our back
4. got found out by us
5. sale process all over again
*meanwhile during the cycle, we'll be around mid-table challenging for 4th spot.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: May 26, 2010, 05:58:27 pm »
Or a hitman.

It has been long ago I've called for that... Here, in the Eastern countries that is the fastest and cheaper solution to c*nts like Hicks...  ;) :p 
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #289 on: May 29, 2010, 06:19:12 pm »

.........Far better if he had written his own letter .........

To do this he would have had to be able to read and write... (and think......!)

They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #290 on: May 29, 2010, 07:43:59 pm »
I used to work for Littlewoods and, if I remember correctly, David Moores did have a period in charge but couldn't cut it. Didn't bode well for his tenure as chairman!

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #291 on: May 29, 2010, 08:09:36 pm »
Discussing this on Talkshite at the minute.

Apparently Hicks is on between now and 7.00pm

Was he on mate? What did he have to say for himself?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #292 on: May 29, 2010, 08:34:44 pm »
Not going to get into it re: David Moores - or his fucking family of carpetbagging leeches. I have older relations who knew and worked for John Moores and they tell me he was a decent man who looked after his workers. The people of his city. Once he was out of the picture Littlewoods went down the pan with the rest of the family looking to take out as much as they could. Moores is just a playboy and I am told that was the basis of Steve Morgan's antipathy towards him.

Tick, tick, tick..............

I used to work for Littlewoods and, if I remember correctly, David Moores did have a period in charge but couldn't cut it. Didn't bode well for his tenure as chairman!

I still work for the company that 'was' the old Littlewoods and the older members of staff say the Moores' family were fantastic to work for, particularly the older family members who would visit the site on Edge Lane.
 Didn't say much about David though, other than that he used to ask for all the waste paper to be saved for his stables so he could save on straw the tight bastard. True story that.

Offline dingledog13

• Boys Pen
« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2010, 11:35:21 pm »
Never mind blood on his hands blood all over him,why has it took him so long and instead of writing a letter to the times why doesnt he go too the sprit of shankly and get involved to show he is really sorry,he hasnt got the balls.thats why the club stood still while he was in charge

Offline rockredrock

• Main Stander
« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2010, 01:24:31 am »
I think you should all leave moores alone,i know for a fact it was not the money that closed the deal,the clincher was the 25 magic beans he got .so who could blame the thick shit,plus from whats been said about him he's not the sharpest tool in the box. :no
Thanks everyone for the "Thoughts and Prayers" I am feeling much better now. F'ing Asthma,f'ing cancer,f'ing diabetes,f'ing aortic aneurysm, Doc says I should go on a diet and exercise,but it might have been worse i could have been born a bitter Evertonian.      s o s member 5174

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2010, 03:15:23 pm »
.........and the older members of staff say the Moores' family were fantastic to work for, particularly the older family members who would visit the site on Edge Lane.
I certainly had a lot of respect for John Moores, an old school gentleman, and I too only ever heard good things about him.

Back in the late 70's I used to sometimes overtake, or occasionally be overtaken by him driving either his Rolls or his Mini Traveller with number plates JM1 & JM2, on the Formby bypass. I had an ancient 'half timbered' Mini Traveller at the time myself but had the benefit of a tuned 1275 engine in mine so I used to toot and wave as I screamed past at highly illegal speeds if he was in his much newer but slower clubman Traveller but.... he used to wave back!

I understand he did all his own car maintenance at home, wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty at all, and I heard he even went on a Rolls Royce course at Crewe so he could service his own vehicles not because he was tight, but because he was genuinely interested and not afraid of rolling up his sleeves and doing hard work.

But as with so many dynasties, they often seem to founder on the death of the visionary and hard working old King, the one who built the empire, and then the spoon fed and pampered offspring in line to the throne take over and it falls apart.

I might be wrong, but I doubt David knows which end of a hammer or a screwdriver to hold.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline redtiler

• Main Stander
« Reply #296 on: June 1, 2010, 10:01:18 pm »
In his letter, Moores offered no apology. He then said  that after  "due dilligence" Gillette ticked the right boxes basicly. Just before the takeover, Gillette intoduces his mate, but thats ok ,cause Gillette has vouched for him.
Gillette (Penfold) played a blinder, and our chairman was blinded by 80 odd mil
What a LFC supporter.

Offline stfabians

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #297 on: June 24, 2010, 08:43:41 am »
If the unbelievably ugly walrus bought the club with the intention of ruining it, then at LFC he did his best work (yes that does say work, contradiction in terms as far as David Moores is concerned)!!!

I would love to meet him, I'd probably end up recommending him for some scientific tests/experiment's, it blows my mind to think how pathetic a man could possibly be, he used to cry at board meetings when shareholders with backbone told him straight, was frightened by a 7 year business plan (man that must have confused him to the point of no sleep), and I just think he thought it had to happen for LFC because that's the way it just had to be (silver spoon mentality here). It wouldn't surprise me if he thinks G&H had to do what they said they would simply because they said so (yes 5 year old mentality here)!!!  He's a man that wants to reap the rewards of achievement without working for it!!  Hes like a golfer who can afford to spend thousands on equipment, but can't be arsed to learn how to swing the bloody things, but thinks as he's bought the best, that should be enough!!

One of my favourite phrases springs to mind - "All the gear and no idea"

The man's gravestone should say "here lies the man who killed LFC"!!  The clueless twat will probably put on "you'll never walk alone"

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #298 on: June 25, 2010, 05:50:43 pm »
The man's gravestone should say "here lies the man who killed LFC"!!  The clueless twat will probably put on "you'll never walk alone"

Bingo.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #299 on: June 26, 2010, 08:18:04 am »
In his letter, Moores offered no apology. He then said  that after  "due dilligence" Gillette ticked the right boxes basicly. Just before the takeover, Gillette intoduces his mate, but thats ok ,cause Gillette has vouched for him.
What a LFC supporter.
We hear so little from Gillette.... Maybe Moores has a point on him, his ice hockey team was very succesful and he was well regarded by the fans.  Still it wouldn't take a genius to find out that he and hicks work via an LBO methodology would it.  As for this shit about him not using google, that's the fucking worst excuse I have EVER heard, how many people does the club employ? What the fuck did he pay Parry for?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #300 on: June 26, 2010, 11:41:38 am »
Everytime I think of David Moores my blood begins to boil. :no :no :no

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #301 on: June 26, 2010, 01:44:35 pm »
We hear so little from Gillette.... Maybe Moores has a point on him, his ice hockey team was very succesful and he was well regarded by the fans. 

Montreal won nothing with Gillett in charge. He was well-regarded by the fans in part, because, ironically, he appointed in charge who knew what they were doing. For example, his appointment of former Montreal player Bob Gainey as General Manager (the N.A sports equivalent of Director of Football), was hugely beneficial in turning the team around. Gainey knew the traditions, spoke fluent French and was well-liked with the media.

The main successes Montreal had under Gillett's ownership was turning a team, which had begun to  struggle to make the playoffs into a team that generally scraped into the playoffs and then did moderately well when they got in. Under the salary cap system, Gillett would have hugely benefited as Montreal have the biggest attendances in the league, as the most popular and successful hockey team ever. That said, they rarely went out and signed big name free agents or traded for them under Gillett.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: June 26, 2010, 01:49:32 pm »
What a LFC supporter.

Moores is suffering from selective loss of memory.  Moores & Parry had doubts about doing a deal with Gillett because they thought he was not financially strong enough to be sole owner of Liverpool.  Gillett took this on board and brought Hicks to the table, feeling that together they would have more financial muscle than Gillett alone.  So the issue of the financial strength of the new owners was at the forefront of Moores and Parry's mind at the time.  The other issue that (supposedly) bothered them was the DIC exit strategy document that suggested that DIC were interested in a mid-term investment (5-7 years) only.  So surely someone would have thought about what H&G's plans were.

The more I think about it the clearer it is that Moores and Parry were only looking for an excuse to accept the higher offer from the pair of chancers and the leaked DIC document gave them that excuse.  They did not do their homework and only considered the money.  If Moores had any balls we would have the 60,000 seater stadium open in 2007 and be reaping the benefits at this stage.

Offline dwesty

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • No new LFC topics?
« Reply #303 on: July 9, 2010, 09:55:09 pm »
If Moores (or Parry) had searched Tom Hicks on wickipedia he'd have noticed he's got past history in stadiums not happening and partner in-fighting.

It's easy to have rose-tinted spectacles when you're looking at millions of extra squids.
Oh Liverpool we love you.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #304 on: July 9, 2010, 11:17:40 pm »
If Moores (or Parry) had searched Tom Hicks on wickipedia he'd have noticed he's got past history in stadiums not happening and partner in-fighting.

It's easy to have rose-tinted spectacles when you're looking at millions of extra squids.

He's that clueless that he thinks he only had to write a letter about his role in the demise of the club to wash his hands of the situation.

He should at least stump up a few £m to SOS/ShareLiverpool to get the ball rolling on the fan buyout - that'd be a start on his road to redemption - if he gives a shit about it all anymore?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline dwesty

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • No new LFC topics?
« Reply #305 on: July 9, 2010, 11:39:26 pm »
shit shit shit

I've just watched a YouTube vid of an SoS staged do. Everyone was singing / chanting 'Munich' - even the guy on stage. WTF? Are SoS not people to be associated with? I hate Utd but I think tragedies make us realise that football pales into insignificance as people no?

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
« Reply #306 on: July 9, 2010, 11:46:19 pm »
shit shit shit

I've just watched a YouTube vid of an SoS staged do. Everyone was singing / chanting 'Munich' - even the guy on stage. WTF? Are SoS not people to be associated with? I hate Utd but I think tragedies make us realise that football pales into insignificance as people no?
This is old news, SOS didn't agree with it and made many statements of the fact. There will always be a minority of idiots in any group, including LFC fans. Its no reason to stop supporting Liverpool just because some people chanting "munich" and the same should go for SOS.

Offline dwesty

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • No new LFC topics?
« Reply #307 on: July 9, 2010, 11:47:56 pm »
phew cheers

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2010, 08:13:35 pm »
So what's the future hold for Dave?

President for life? Back on the bus? Fucked off for good by NESV?

Offline Ramon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2010, 08:30:33 pm »
So what's the future hold for Dave?

President for life? Back on the bus? Fucked off for good by NESV?

Personally, I want to continue to see the back of David Moores; it was his ineptitude that put us in the position we were in for the past few years and I liken him to Nero who's actions led to the fall of the Roman Empire.  I know I might be a bit harsh on him but he deserves this kind of treatment in my eyes.
SOS member #2428.  We'll be coming, we'll be coming down the road! When you hear the noise from the Bill Shankly boys, we'll be coming down the road!!!!

Offline Witherkay

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2010, 02:11:59 am »
Personally, I want to continue to see the back of David Moores; it was his ineptitude that put us in the position we were in for the past few years and I liken him to Nero who's actions led to the fall of the Roman Empire.  I know I might be a bit harsh on him but he deserves this kind of treatment in my eyes.

Agree with this. He is a bad advertisement for 'fan' ownership as well.

He had his chance but will forever be remembered for his (in hindsight) 'petty' feud with Steve Morgan and lack of background checks when selling the family silver.

He would have to do something truly remarkable to help alot of people forget those errors.
Yanks, but new Yanks.  Cautiously optimistic.

Offline Dave_the_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2010, 12:16:19 pm »
Hope the clown does not now decide to show his face.  Stay under you stone,. Feckless buffoon

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #312 on: October 18, 2010, 03:15:41 pm »
 Moores was always massively incompetent. The best thing about Hicks and Gillett going is that we no longer have to live with the idiocy and short-sightedness of this mans' reign.

May he stay the hell away from Anfield.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2010, 07:04:23 pm »
Love the change of forum title.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2010, 07:08:14 pm »
We are looking for a new chairman now.......
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2010, 07:19:30 pm »
We are looking for a new chairman now.......

Can't imagine why you would put this in the David Moores thread...

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2010, 07:46:34 pm »
Bet he will be at the Blackburn game, pretending that nothing has happened.
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2010, 04:35:40 am »
Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #318 on: March 3, 2016, 03:02:11 pm »
From BBC

Former Liverpool owner David Moores has been attacked during a violent burglary at his home in west Lancashire.

He was taken to hospital with head and leg injuries after two men forced their way into his house in Halsall.

The raiders ran off with jewellery and watches, said police, who described it as an "isolated, targeted attack".

Mr Moores, 69, a member of Merseyside's Littlewoods Pools dynasty, sold the Anfield club to American duo George Gillett and Tom Hicks in 2007.

Fenway Sports Group bought the club from them in 2010.

Mr Moores was taken to Aintree hospital after the break-in on Wednesday night.