Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 659117 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: MOTD 2016/17 thread
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2016, 08:29:19 pm »
If you had that misfortune I think you'd end up getting the giggles with the ridiculousness of it all. Not only is everything shit,  he always knows best. Amazing he hasn't been snapped up as a coach yet.

You can just see him strolling to his local after picking up his mail on sunday in the village shop in Norfolk in order to be with people like himself who don't listen to each other but agree with everything anyone says.

I hope to see more of him alongside an exasperated Mark Chapman and, hopefully Ian Wright (who struggles to hide his feelings) but alas I believe he has cooked his MOTD chips after sunday, back to the local and anger management classes for Chris
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:32:34 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2016, 11:55:54 pm »
You can just see him strolling to his local after picking up his mail on sunday in the village shop in Norfolk in order to be with people like himself who don't listen to each other but agree with everything anyone says.

I hope to see more of him alongside an exasperated Mark Chapman and, hopefully Ian Wright (who struggles to hide his feelings) but alas I believe he has cooked his MOTD chips after sunday, back to the local and anger management classes for Chris

Haha all very true.  Bet he loves to read Simon Heffer on the verandah at Choristers.

Chapman did seem to be fairly incredulous with what he was coming out with.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2016, 12:57:41 am »
Haha all very true.  Bet he loves to read Simon Heffer on the verandah at Choristers.

Chapman did seem to be fairly incredulous with what he was coming out with.

I'd say with Christopher Roy Sutton we don't get past the Mail, anything else would hurt his head, has some anger issues in the past

CHRIS SUTTON, the former Chelsea footballer, was fined £300 yesterday after being found guilty of twice spitting in the face of a trainee barrister.
The player, now with Glasgow Celtic, was fined on two charges of common assault and ordered to pay costs of £200 with £200 compensation to Richard Partridge, 25. Horseferry Road magistrates' court, central London, was told that Sutton and nine friends went to a Soho restaurant to celebrate his wife's birthday last October. As they left at 3am Sutton, 27, of Sarratt, Herts, bumped into Helen McNamara, 23. Mr Partridge was with Ms McNamara. It was alleged that someone called out to the football party that one was a "third-string player". Mr Partridge said that Sutton became abusive: "This went on for no more than 30 seconds. Then he spat at my face. He spat dead centre on my face, my nose."
He had not wanted to provoke anything because Sutton was a foot taller. Mr Partridge said: "I began to walk away and the next thing I knew Chris Sutton started walking towards me. He came up to me and said, 'If you have got something to say to me, say it to my face,' and he spat at me in the face again."
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2016, 09:43:04 pm »
What time does this start tongith, and whats the running order?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2016, 09:46:21 pm »
What time does this start tongith, and whats the running order?

Starts at 10:30

Gary Lineker –
Verified account ‏@GaryLineker
The @BBCMOTD running order: WBA/WHU, ManC/Bou, Hull/Ars, Eve/Mid, Lei/Bur plus last night's game, Che/Liv. 6 games 25 goals @BBCOne

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2016, 09:47:50 pm »

Gary Lineker –
The @BBCMOTD running order: WBA/WHU, ManC/Bou, Hull/Ars, Eve/Mid, Lei/Bur plus last night's game, Che/Liv. 6 games 25 goals @BBCOne

Not for me Clive.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2016, 09:58:42 pm »

Gary Lineker –

Cheers mate
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2016, 10:35:27 pm »
That the left back they reckon they paid £1m too much for? I'd go closer to £6m.
AHA!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2016, 10:40:11 pm »
All the time in the world for West "Biggest club in London going to piss the Europa League we're top 4 now" Ham getting tanked away at relegation fodder.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2016, 10:43:22 pm »
That the left back they reckon they paid £1m too much for? I'd go closer to £6m.

Unbelievable defending. What a clown.

West Ham have looked dreadful since day one. Out of the Europa League already as well.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2016, 10:45:46 pm »
Alan Shearer winds me up. He just states the obvious. "He passes the ball there, he cuts inside there and he shoots there and it's in the back of the net."

Great analysis, Alan.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2016, 10:47:12 pm »
The whole analysis is just replays of replays of goals.
AHA!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2016, 10:47:54 pm »
Cheers mate

No problem

Alan Shearer winds me up. He just states the obvious. "He passes the ball there, he cuts inside there and he shoots there and it's in the back of the net."

Great analysis, Alan.

That's about as good as it gets on MOTD now though. I just watch it for the highlights these days. I like Shearer, he was laying into Hodgson at the Euros when England were dominating games in the groups and getting nowhere  ;D

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2016, 10:51:47 pm »
No problem

That's about as good as it gets on MOTD now though. I just watch it for the highlights these days. I like Shearer, he was laying into Hodgson at the Euros when England were dominating games in the groups and getting nowhere  ;D

True. They're all a bit bland, aren't they? Murphy, Keown, Jenas, Hartson etc. No real insight from any of them.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2016, 10:52:01 pm »
Sterling nearly missed that ;D
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2016, 10:53:15 pm »
Christ Bournemouth's defence is dreadful.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2016, 10:53:59 pm »
Sterling even shit when he scores ;D
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2016, 10:55:08 pm »
True. They're all a bit bland, aren't they? Murphy, Keown, Jenas, Hartson etc. No real insight from any of them.

Indeed, would probably be better if they got a player on every week. Kompany's been decent when he's been on.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2016, 10:55:21 pm »

Great analysis, Alan.

West Ham wouldve been pulled to pieces by Alan Hansen

Instead youve got that gormless nob going 'Thats so bad thats so bad thats so bad'

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2016, 10:55:49 pm »
Are we gonna be on?

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2016, 10:56:29 pm »
Sterling even shit when he scores ;D

To be honest I think that was Sterling's best game for years. He looked really sharp and tore through Bournemouth at times. He's got his confidence back and doesn't seem afraid to lose the ball.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2016, 10:57:19 pm »
To be honest I think that was Sterling's best game for years. He looked really sharp and tore through Bournemouth at times. He's got his confidence and doesn't seem afraid to lose the ball.

Yep, some have been far too quick to write him off. He's still young and will mature into a brilliant footballer.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2016, 10:57:32 pm »
Guardiola has put faith in Sterling, and it seems confidence aswell and so far it's been paying off.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2016, 10:59:26 pm »
Yep, some have been far too quick to write him off. He's still young and will mature into a brilliant footballer.

I've been guilty of thinking he'd fall down the pecking order but he's undroppable at the minute. 3 goals and 4 assists in all comps this season so far, very impressive indeed. Today though even if you take away the tap in and ball across for Iheanacho he was still one of the best players out there. Under Pellegrini he seemed shit scared to do anything wrong and so conversely ended up doing little right

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2016, 11:00:25 pm »
Jermaine Jenas.... he needs burying in a hole.... i hate everything about him.. talks utter bollocks...

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2016, 11:05:08 pm »
I've been guilty of thinking he'd fall down the pecking order but he's undroppable at the minute. 3 goals and 4 assists in all comps this season so far, very impressive indeed. Today though even if you take away the tap in and ball across for Iheanacho he was still one of the best players out there. Under Pellegrini he seemed shit scared to do anything wrong and so conversely ended up doing little right

Just stepped into the twighlight zone.

Not afraid to lose ball. But still does all the same. Doesnt beat people, I really dont know where all this 'better under Pep' is coming from. Media have a total blackout on criticising him. Noticed it in commentary when he clearly fucks up. Its like someones had a word. He was dreadful v United last week

I must be going mad, I'll have to watch more closely if even youre saying it now

Jurgen Klopp

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2016, 11:05:20 pm »
Jermaine Jenas.... he needs burying in a hole.... i hate everything about him.. talks utter bollocks...

Did he win anything at all in his career?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2016, 11:08:02 pm »
Did he win anything at all in his career?

Money

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2016, 11:14:46 pm »
Just stepped into the twighlight zone.

Not afraid to lose ball. But still does all the same. Doesnt beat people, I really dont know where all this 'better under Pep' is coming from. Media have a total blackout on criticising him. Noticed it in commentary when he clearly fucks up. Its like someones had a word. He was dreadful v United last week

I must be going mad, I'll have to watch more closely if even youre saying it now

There was an instance in the second half where he danced through about 7 players in the Bournemouth penalty area. I don't think he'd have had the confidence to even attempt the run last season. I'm not at all convinced by his finishing but I think he played really well today. Certainly his best game for a long time in my opinion.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2016, 11:17:04 pm »
Arsenal got another big decision today with that red card. Poor refereeing, although he was all set to deny Hull their penalty too before the linesman flagged.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2016, 11:17:51 pm »
Arsenal got another big decision today with that red card. Poor refereeing, although he was all set to deny Hull their penalty too before the linesman flagged.

Cazorla should have been off also.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2016, 11:19:23 pm »

That was one of the clearest penalties you'll see all season and he immediately see him wave it away! Has to be punished in some form for that performance.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2016, 11:20:40 pm »
There was an instance in the second half where he danced through about 7 players in the Bournemouth penalty area. I don't think he'd have had the confidence to even attempt the run last season. I'm not at all convinced by his finishing but I think he played really well today. Certainly his best game for a long time in my opinion.

Fair one. But he was hopeless v a good team last week, correctly subbed off. Im of the mind he'll be slowly ushered out by Pep, but we'll see

Its flat track bullying at best at the moment. Bournemouth are the team we thought theyd be last season so far. Need to pull their socks up quickly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2016, 11:21:25 pm »
Mason doing the bullshit 'evening things up' style of refereeing. He is truly awful.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2016, 11:22:07 pm »
That was one of the clearest penalties you'll see all season and he immediately see him wave it away! Has to be punished in some form for that performance.

Was it Lee Mason?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2016, 11:22:47 pm »
Fair one. But he was hopeless v a good team last week, correctly subbed off. Im of the mind he'll be slowly ushered out by Pep, but we'll see

Its flat track bullying at best at the moment. Bournemouth are the team we thought theyd be last season so far. Need to pull their socks up quickly

Bournemouth certainly are awful at the back. Last season they shipped absolutely loads of goals, yet Howe isn't playing any different defenders to the ones who failed last year. Brad Smith can't be showing much in training if he can't get in to that team.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2016, 11:23:07 pm »
Someone shout when Haterton are off the TV

Jurgen Klopp

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2016, 11:24:22 pm »
Was it Lee Mason?

No Roger East I think his name is? Doesn't really matter though you could replace his name with any of the other inept referees out there.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2016, 11:30:38 pm »
Leicester's back up keeper is Ron Zieler? Surprised he doesn't play for Everton.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2016, 11:33:20 pm »
Leicester's back up keeper is Ron Zieler? Surprised he doesn't play for Everton.

Schmeical an Ego-maniac

Playing v us last week 10 days after a HERNIA op

Pathetic decision all round

Jurgen Klopp