Author Topic: Kolo Toure  (Read 164002 times)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kolo Toure
« Reply #960 on: September 30, 2013, 08:27:17 pm »
Never mind two year deal. This fella will still be playing for us in 4 or 5 years. Absolutely love him to bits.

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #961 on: September 30, 2013, 08:27:38 pm »
Is he some sort of throw back? Not a 'modern footballer' in the slightest.

He came to us for reportedly half the money he was getting at City, and I can't remember the last time I saw a player enjoying himself so much playing for us. Maybe God in his second coming?

Looks like he's a player that needs to be needed and loved, and we're giving it to him in spades.

He also sells cars does our Kolo.  He could get you a good deal on a Ford Capri.

Offline jake11

• Main Stander
« Reply #962 on: September 30, 2013, 08:27:46 pm »
didn't he cheat on his wife? at least he has that of "modern footballer"  ;D

That wasn't Toure, that was Francois!

Split personality is a serious medical issue not a cause of humour. ;D

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: September 30, 2013, 08:30:28 pm »
But it wasnt his brother's or a team mates wife so it doesn't count.
:lmao

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #964 on: September 30, 2013, 09:35:30 pm »
I think he says "quelle but... quelle frappe.." whihc means what a goal, what a shot in french... but maybe Im just making this up...
Something like that in french yes
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #965 on: October 1, 2013, 02:16:16 am »
How can one man be so bestial and yet so adorable at the same time?

I mean, as much as I'm digging Sakho right now, if he turned up one night in your back garden, you'd very quietly barricade all the doors & windows and just cower under your bed, praying that he went and devoured some other poor family. If it was Kolo, you'd go out there in your dressing gown with a saucer of milk, and give him a little tickle.

Ha ha. He's fucking great isn't he. Certainly the player you'd most like to be your big brother or Dad.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: October 1, 2013, 02:36:54 am »
But it wasnt his brother's or a team mates wife so it doesn't count.

;D

KOLO. <3
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Rexy

• Main Stander
« Reply #967 on: October 1, 2013, 11:47:19 am »
How can one man be so bestial and yet so adorable at the same time?

I mean, as much as I'm digging Sakho right now, if he turned up one night in your back garden, you'd very quietly barricade all the doors & windows and just cower under your bed, praying that he went and devoured some other poor family. If it was Kolo, you'd go out there in your dressing gown with a saucer of milk, and give him a little tickle.

Summed up beautifully, well in

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #968 on: October 1, 2013, 12:00:27 pm »
Anyone got the Kolo cushelle koala pic handy?

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #969 on: October 1, 2013, 12:30:07 pm »

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #970 on: October 1, 2013, 12:36:26 pm »
Hopefully his brother might have his head turned .....wouldn't mind him in our central midfield .....kolo is probably my favourite L FC player right now....fucking love him and love his attitude even more

Offline Mackan

• Main Stander
« Reply #971 on: October 1, 2013, 01:50:47 pm »
I've recently named Kolo to my missus as the one guy she can bang with my permission.

They could have small Kolo's together. I'd like that. I'd raise them as my own, only perhaps with more pride than if they would've been. Mount her like a wild donkey, Kolo.

Boss that.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: October 1, 2013, 01:52:48 pm »
I've recently named Kolo to my missus as the one guy she can bang with my permission.

They could have small Kolo's together. I'd like that. I'd raise them as my own, only perhaps with more pride than if they would've been. Mount her like a wild donkey, Kolo.

Boss that.

:o  :lmao  :lmao
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Jezza789

• Anny Roader
« Reply #973 on: October 2, 2013, 03:24:02 am »

Boss that.
Fucking hell  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #974 on: October 2, 2013, 03:42:23 am »

Boss that.

Fucking in tears  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #975 on: October 2, 2013, 04:29:04 am »
Shame we couldn't get him 5 years ago. Breath of fresh air.

Offline Yolanderyolando

• Anny Roader
« Reply #976 on: October 2, 2013, 09:34:26 am »
Can't wait for him to smash a header in from a corner. He attacks the ball so well.

I've been doin him every game first goal. Getting 70-1 on betfair for that.

Come on kolo

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: October 3, 2013, 06:20:21 pm »
A FEW KOLO TOURE FACTS

1. Kolo Toure drove his mum home from the hospital after she gave birth to him.

2. Rory Delap can throw a ball 50 yards. Kolo Toure can throw Rory Delap 50 yards.

3. A police officer once pulled over Kolo Toure. The police officer was lucky to leave with just a warning.

4. If you spell Kolo Toure wrong on Google it doesn't say, "Did you mean Kolo Toure?" It simply replies, "Run while you still have the chance."

5. Bulletproof vests are made from Kolo Toure's skin.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: October 5, 2013, 11:16:22 am »
Can't wait to watch KOLO again. Score a header!!!
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #979 on: October 6, 2013, 12:01:28 am »

We love you too Kolo!
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline RoshanA

• Shows some fawcets of Paul Merson's character. Rashid clone. Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour
  • Kopite
« Reply #980 on: October 6, 2013, 01:39:46 am »
Signing of the summer.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: October 6, 2013, 10:11:00 am »
Signing of the summer.

He can be our Mcallister. Rodger's/the committee should take a bow for a free signing that is proving to be a massive upgrade on Jamie

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: October 6, 2013, 10:24:07 am »
He can be our Mcallister. Rodger's/the committee should take a bow for a free signing that is proving to be a massive upgrade on Jamie

He is a massive upgrade on Sakha Skrtel Agger & Co too : p
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: October 6, 2013, 01:53:37 pm »
Absolute BEAST.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: October 6, 2013, 02:12:34 pm »
Kolo: one of the main reasons, along with Mignolet  and Sturridge, why we are top of the league.

For the price, the buy of the summer so far. By a mile.

IF only we could clone him for the other defensive positions. 

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: October 11, 2013, 01:36:56 pm »
Not sure whether this belongs in Kelly's thread really but seeing as it's all about Kolo I'll stick it here. Sounds like he's having a really positive effect on the squad. Definitely can't hurt to have winners like him about the place.

Wonder if he fancies a coaching career when he's hung up his boots (basing that on how Kelly says he even 'helps the opposition')?

Edit: added the article as well as linking:

Martin Kelly has explained how Kolo Toure is fast becoming a key influence in the Liverpool dressing room just months after arriving from Manchester City in the summer.

The veteran defender is already something of a fans' favourite, having endeared himself to the Kop with a string of composed and fearless displays.

Kelly admits the Ivorian has had a similar effect on his teammates at Melwood - and revealed how Toure is so keen to help, he'll even stop to give the opposition tips in practice matches.

"Kolo's a great person," Kelly told Liverpoolfc.com. "He's come in as a big character for the club and helped a lot around the dressing room.

"Whether he's on your team or not in training, he's giving advice to everyone and you like that as a defender. You like feeling as though you're a full team.

"There are big players here who are helping to keep everything together, from the goalkeepers straight through to the strikers. That's been the balance in our team so far this season. It's been brilliant."

Four new defenders arrived at the club during the summer transfer window in the form of Toure, Aly Cissokho, Mamadou Sakho and Tiago Ilori.

Kelly insists that the newcomers have already improved the Reds' back-line - and he's relishing competing with them for a place in the starting XI, following his recovery from an ACL rupture sustained in September 2012.

"I think at a club like Liverpool there's always additions that are going to come in to bolster the squad and make it as strong as possible," said the defender.

"You can see our team now and the way that we're playing is fantastic. We're playing really well as a team defensively as well as in attack.

"When we take the lead, we're holding on and getting the win. That's what's vital for us to progress this season. The additions are great and as a footballer trying to get my place back, it just makes me more determined to get my chance."

In recent weeks, Brendan Rodgers has altered the tactical make-up of the side to include three centre-backs operating alongside wing-backs.

While Kelly had just 23 minutes to adjust to the formation in his first match of the season against Manchester United at Old Trafford, the defender has worked on the new system in training.

He's comfortable with the alterations - and insists he's equally relaxed about where the manager wants him to operate out on the field.

"A player has to adapt," said Kelly. "I don't mind playing at wing-back or full-back. I can play both.

"At a club like Liverpool when you need to change, the players have got to be good enough to adapt and play the way the manager wants them to play.

"The key to our defence being solid has been good defenders who can work with each other, as well as signing a top-class keeper.

"During pre-season we did a lot of training on the physical condition. We knew that we had the ability, we just wanted to get to that physical condition. We got here and that's why we have made such a great start."

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #986 on: October 11, 2013, 02:11:58 pm »
MY MIND'S TELLING ME NOOOOOOOO

waaaaaaaaaahaha :lmao 

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #987 on: October 12, 2013, 06:20:12 am »

"During pre-season we did a lot of training on the physical condition. We knew that we had the ability, we just wanted to get to that physical condition. We got here and that's why we have made such a great start."

Well at least we know now that there WAS a different training plan this year compared to last. I just hope they planned it well, and ease off at the right time.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline long.

• Anny Roader
  • He shoots... he SCORES!
« Reply #988 on: October 12, 2013, 10:33:33 am »

look at that ass...it's where all his power comes from!!

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: October 12, 2013, 08:24:48 pm »

Superb work. BR does indeed deserve credit for this.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: October 12, 2013, 10:22:32 pm »

Well at least we know now that there WAS a different training plan this year compared to last. I just hope they planned it well, and ease off at the right time.

Pop, do you think this might relate to the drop off after half time we've been experiencing?

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #991 on: October 12, 2013, 10:39:11 pm »
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #992 on: October 12, 2013, 10:53:16 pm »
Kolo Toure
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/h_AGb0C151s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/h_AGb0C151s</a>
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: October 12, 2013, 10:59:58 pm »
Pop, do you think this might relate to the drop off after half time we've been experiencing?

I do. And also the early muscle tears/strains to Toure and Allen.

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: October 12, 2013, 11:02:01 pm »
Interesting - so how would you expect the season to pan out, fitness wise? Thanks.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: October 12, 2013, 11:14:20 pm »
Interesting - so how would you expect the season to pan out, fitness wise? Thanks.

Hard to tell. Probably 1 or 2 more injuries - and it wouldn't surprise me if Gerrard is one of them but I hope I'm wrong on that. It could be a case of Rodgers making hay while the sun shines, and working up to that December run of games. Maybe the fitness work tapers off through that and goes to maintenance a little sooner than it did last season. How we get through December I think will have a huge bearing on a number of aspects of the rest of the season.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: October 12, 2013, 11:24:08 pm »
Quote from: PhaseofPlay
How we get through December I think will have a huge bearing on a number of aspects of the rest of the season.

Especially with that run of away games, Spurs, City and Chelsea.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: October 13, 2013, 08:24:15 am »
Kolo was unused substitute against Senegal yesterday. Good for us.

Ivory Coast won the game 3-1.

Offline Torben Piechniks Y-Fronts

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird, upon my chest
« Reply #998 on: October 13, 2013, 08:43:12 am »
Kolo has been our best defender this season by a mile, an inspired bit of business.

Proof needed?? See drunk students showing their love for him and his brother Yaya-wtf ha ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSVNYKkBfA&sns=em
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #999 on: October 18, 2013, 04:23:08 am »
Kolo has been our best defender this season by a mile, an inspired bit of business.

Proof needed?? See drunk students showing their love for him and his brother Yaya-wtf ha ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSVNYKkBfA&sns=em
it's spreading http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ta37kgSBo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-24574923

;D
YNWA