Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1376386 times)

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #2400 on: September 18, 2018, 10:43:55 pm »
So, so good for a nineteen year old. Really scary stuff.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2401 on: September 18, 2018, 10:50:50 pm »
So Trent can add Neymar to the list of top class wingers he's had the better of.

Wonderful talent, hard to believe he's not even 20.
I’d love to see a GIF of him taking the ball from Neymar’s feet like it was nothing, somewhere in the middle of the second half.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2402 on: September 18, 2018, 11:43:13 pm »
I so wished he scored from that free kick...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2403 on: September 19, 2018, 12:03:16 am »
Sane shut down.
Ronaldo shut down.
Zaha shut down.
Neymar shut down.

Hopefully he gets a rematch with Rashford as he's the only player this year to have got the better of him.  I can't see that happening again, he just seems to learn so quickly.

Skepta?

Trent is brilliant.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2404 on: September 19, 2018, 12:26:03 am »
Sane shut down.
Ronaldo shut down.
Zaha shut down.
Neymar shut down.

Hopefully he gets a rematch with Rashford as he's the only player this year to have got the better of him.  I can't see that happening again, he just seems to learn so quickly.

Rashford with his pace and physique will always have his chances against TAA. But look at the other end, Rashford would struggle to defend against TAA as well as he put his crosses in.

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #2405 on: September 19, 2018, 01:06:06 am »
Trent seemed to swap positions with Gini and Milner in some patches of the game, occupying the midfield positions.
I wonder if this is a tactical input by Klopp or if it is TAA making the right-back position his own stylish...

Thoughts?

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2406 on: September 19, 2018, 02:36:16 am »
So, so good for a nineteen year old. Really scary stuff.
I was thinking earlier how, amazing as he is, he doesn't have the technique and build-up input of Marcelo and other great full backs of recent times. Then I remembered--HE IS NINETEEN, with 50-odd career games!

Imagine him at 23, with 200 odd games and physically developed...

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2407 on: September 19, 2018, 04:29:18 am »
Definitely performs beyond his years

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #2408 on: September 19, 2018, 07:17:41 am »
Can't see him remaining at right back.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2409 on: September 19, 2018, 10:02:04 am »
It's dangerous to walk with 200mil in your pocket these days.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2410 on: September 19, 2018, 10:11:23 am »
Trent seemed to swap positions with Gini and Milner in some patches of the game, occupying the midfield positions.
I wonder if this is a tactical input by Klopp or if it is TAA making the right-back position his own stylish...

Thoughts?

When one of our fullbacks pushes on, the closest midfielder drops in to vacate the space they leave behind.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2411 on: September 19, 2018, 11:05:58 am »
He looks like a man this season.

Has he grown?

I can.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2412 on: September 19, 2018, 12:12:33 pm »

why not? he is already on his way to become one of the best we had from academy...

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #2413 on: September 19, 2018, 12:21:07 pm »

I can.

why not? he is already on his way to become one of the best we had from academy...

Think he mentioned it as "he's already boss there, probably would move back in the midfield sooner or later".  Few journos have mentioned in the past as well that some figures within the team see Trent ending up there.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2414 on: September 19, 2018, 12:30:10 pm »
Think he mentioned it as "he's already boss there, probably would move back in the midfield sooner or later".  Few journos have mentioned in the past as well that some figures within the team see Trent ending up there.
He played a couple of games in midfield towards the end of last season so there's every chance he's being considered for a CM role in the future.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2415 on: September 19, 2018, 12:38:05 pm »
Lineker has predicted him getting 100+ caps for England, as a midfielder. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2416 on: September 19, 2018, 02:37:49 pm »
When one of our fullbacks pushes on, the closest midfielder drops in to vacate the space they leave behind.

Agreed, I have noticed particularly this year the fullbacks pushing high when the centrebacks have the ball and one of the central midfielders collecting the ball and playmaking / pulling the opposition out of shape from there. It was happening on Robertson's side too

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2417 on: September 19, 2018, 02:40:34 pm »
Agreed, I have noticed particularly this year the fullbacks pushing high when the centrebacks have the ball and one of the central midfielders collecting the ball and playmaking / pulling the opposition out of shape from there. It was happening on Robertson's side too

It's probably why we were looking at Jorginho earlier in summer. Think Fabinho will be great when settles though.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #2418 on: September 19, 2018, 11:26:48 pm »
Part of this year’s tactical tweaks. Millie and many dropping in to build to help the full backs bomb forward.  The other is bobby playing deeper and linking more with sadio pressed a little further forward.  Not sure that is helping mo on an individual scoring basis mind

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2419 on: September 20, 2018, 11:43:56 am »
Thought he was phenomenal - his energy and bravery on the ball is unbelievable, he gave the ball away a couple of times in bad areas but it's hard to criticise him for that, what a player he is going to be

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2420 on: September 20, 2018, 12:11:47 pm »
this guy is some player
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2421 on: September 20, 2018, 01:47:48 pm »
Turned in another exceptional performance last night, elite in both offence and defence, dominating a flank containing the worlds most expensive player.

Obviously however, he isn't really in the side on merit, and is merely playing on his name and reputation, Clyne should really have replaced him in the side several weeks ago.

There truly was some "Page 13" level dirge being discharged all over this thread mere weeks ago.

Offline devlin_adl

• Main Stander
« Reply #2422 on: September 20, 2018, 03:54:39 pm »

zaha got the better of him as well, although Trent managed to rectify that this season.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #2423 on: September 20, 2018, 04:24:18 pm »
This again? I'm still weirded out by it, to be honest. I've no doubt he's got the skills to be a solid midfielder, but there are plenty of midfielders who can do what Trent does on the ball and who are also bigger and stronger, and/or better at dribbling. Look at even our second choice midfield - who would Trent obviously replace? It's not that he doesn't have the talent level - just that putting him inside negates his crossing somewhat, makes less use of his pace and puts him up against players he'd be at a physical disadvantage to. And what do we gain from it?

At RB, on the other hand, as well as having all of the general skills modern RBs need - pace, crossing, stamina, defensive ability etc etc, he's also highly confident and effective when coming inside. It makes him a fucking nightmare to deal with because teams who try to cut off his crossing then simply invite him inside where his excellent eye for a pass and willingness to play give and goes and even shoot come into play - it just gives him space in an area where he's just as dangerous.

That makes him a very rare prospect among RBs - one of a tiny handful who can do what he does as effectively as he does it. We've already got a top-class player, who is maturing into one of the very best in his position in the world, why move him? I mean, would people have wanted Dani Alves moved?

Compare that to, say, Bale, where moving him enabled him to make better use of his incredible physique, height and insanely powerful shooting - arguably his best attributes that he could use very little at full back. With Trent, it seems to me that all his best attributes are given more chance to shine exactly where he is.

TL;DR

He's brilliant, he really is.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2424 on: September 20, 2018, 04:53:41 pm »
Looks quite clear to me that he has a much higher ceiling as a RB than a CM. Can’t see him moving to CM but I can see him being amongst the best 5 fullbacks in the world in a couple of years.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2425 on: September 20, 2018, 05:51:57 pm »
Looks quite clear to me that he has a much higher ceiling as a RB than a CM. Can’t see him moving to CM but I can see him being amongst the best 5 fullbacks in the world in a couple of years.

Agree with this. We have a potential world class right back on our hands, and the going rate is 50m+ plus. Top, top sides have excellent offensive full backs who can cause havoc on their own.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #2426 on: September 20, 2018, 06:20:39 pm »
I’m sure RB is his best position but I can’t shake the nagging feeling that a lot of people wanted Gerrard at RB permanently at the start of his career, I think it was Tommy Smith who said he should stay there and he’ll be one of the best in the world.  Now he certainly would have been, but thankfully other people thought different and he became one of the best midfielders in the world.

I would say though that Gerrards physique was probably a lot more suited to midfield to begin with.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2427 on: September 20, 2018, 10:40:45 pm »
When people say they like to see him in midfield, need to be more specific, what position and what role in midfield.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2428 on: September 21, 2018, 12:20:43 am »
When people say they like to see him in midfield, need to be more specific, what position and what role in midfield.

Number 8

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2429 on: September 21, 2018, 09:24:15 am »
box - to - box

I think you earn your wings at full back, then if you're good enough you graduate to midfield. Trent is only 19 (nearly 20) so he has plenty of time.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2430 on: September 21, 2018, 09:39:02 am »

Why would you want to move a player who's already a very good rb at 19, into a new new position.

Would you like to see Mane in goal?  ::)

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2431 on: September 21, 2018, 10:27:53 am »
Why would you want to move a player who's already a very good rb at 19, into a new new position.

I don't get it. Robertson is boss at lb shall we play him in midfield too? Why not develop trent as a world class attacking right back. I mean fullbacks are becoming so important in the modern game. They are going for £50m+ now.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2432 on: September 21, 2018, 10:30:12 am »
Barca were numpties for not playing Alves left wing

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2433 on: September 21, 2018, 10:36:32 am »
Barca were numpties for not playing Alves left wing
and also considering he was a right back, Klopp must be a numpty too having tried TAA in midfield last season
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2434 on: September 21, 2018, 10:38:20 am »
I mean we could move him, he's certainly got the ability but it's also quite clear he's going to be the best right back on the planet very soon which is not to be sniffed at.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2435 on: September 21, 2018, 10:45:37 am »
His body language was all confident against PSG.

His crosses are delicious with a strong whip and pace behind it and better than Clyne's. Although Robertson is still best in class among PL full backs.

I hope there are more interplay between Salah and TAA because I am seeing long balls for Salah to chase and rarely played to his feet.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2436 on: September 21, 2018, 10:47:28 am »

Considering Trent played primarily in midfield before moving to the under-21's it's not that wild of a suggestion.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2437 on: September 21, 2018, 10:50:02 am »
Feel like his attributes match those of a fullback closer, don't really understand the clamour for him to move to midfield. Wouldn't mind seeing it but there's really no need yet.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2438 on: September 21, 2018, 10:57:39 am »
There's a lot more good midfielders on the market than there are rightbacks. Look how other teams have struggled getting a good one. Therefore I'd rather we bought another midfielder than moved Trent.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2439 on: September 21, 2018, 11:06:10 am »
He is fine where he is, but whats up with his Ronaldo esque hogging of freekicks. He has scored one free kick. I would like to see others on dangerous free kick duty.