Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2606940 times)

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #9880 on: February 24, 2018, 09:51:02 am »
.@TimesSport | Tottenham Hotspur are confident of agreeing a one-year contract extension with Jan Vertonghen whose current deal is due to expire next summer. #THFC

.@TimesSport | Tottenham Hotspur are currently negotiating contract extensions with both Christian Eriksen and Heung-min Son. #THFC

.@TimesSport | Harry Kane and Dele Alli are both expected to sign new contracts at the end of the season. #THFC

Would be good news to get these guys tied down further and would indicate a substantial raising of our wage ceiling.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9881 on: February 24, 2018, 09:52:24 am »
Will be interesting to see if you get the latter 4 all tied down. Can't see it personally unless you massively break the wage structure.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #9882 on: February 24, 2018, 10:19:27 am »
Don't think it makes much of a difference. They already signed one hell of a replacement in that Sanchez kid. He's top class. 

Its all about Kane and Eriksen. If they can hold on to them they'll be a threat. Those 2 are world class for me.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9883 on: February 24, 2018, 10:29:51 am »
Don't think it makes much of a difference. They already signed one hell of a replacement in that Sanchez kid. He's top class. 

Its all about Kane and Eriksen. If they can hold on to them they'll be a threat. Those 2 are world class for me.

We must have been watching different matches.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #9884 on: February 24, 2018, 10:32:57 am »

What???? ;D  No way.

• Kopite
« Reply #9885 on: February 24, 2018, 10:42:08 am »
We must have been watching different matches.

He's had a few dodgy games like Liverpool away but he's been an ever present in the centre of our defence in both the PL and against top class opposition in the CL and he's generally been really impressive. At just 21 to do what he has done in his debut seaaon here indicate he's got the potential to be a future world class CB. He's just very much a raw diamond.

He will go on to play for Madrid or Barcelona in his career. I genuinely believe that.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9886 on: February 24, 2018, 11:22:31 am »
I imagine their worry is they only have so much additional wages they can afford, especially given the ridiculous stadium overspend and not knowing if they'll be in the CL next season, so have to plan wisely just who they give the added wages to given they are going to have a load of players demanding it this summer, and possibly a manager after some more too.

I do wonder how much non qualification for CL matters these days to the club financial accounts. Its obviously still is a nice money earner but I would not be surprised if its shine has lost some gloss when you see mid / bottom table clubs in the English league earning two to three times more revenue than a CL semi finalist berth. Spurs should be able to plan their long term wage bill around domestic income and anything they earn in Europe should be a bonus. 150k a week for your spine will soon be a must unfortunately so Spurs may be a little foolish if they dont spread the love a little. They probably only have 3 or 4 guys on 100k or more but still probably want to be somewhat frugal. Still a good bit behind us in terms of weekly wages paid out so have to be happy with performances as keeping on our tails the bastards. London - new stadium - world class manager - Kane the man for all seasons. For once Spurs fans are happy I guess ;)
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9887 on: February 24, 2018, 11:38:08 am »

I do wonder how much non qualification for CL matters these days to the club financial accounts. Its obviously still is a nice money earner but I would not be surprised if its shine has lost some gloss when you see mid / bottom table clubs in the English league earning two to three times more revenue than a CL semi finalist berth. Spurs should be able to plan their long term wage bill around domestic income and anything they earn in Europe should be a bonus. 150k a week for your spine will soon be a must unfortunately so Spurs may be a little foolish if they dont spread the love a little. They probably only have 3 or 4 guys on 100k or more but still probably want to be somewhat frugal. Still a good bit behind us in terms of weekly wages paid out so have to be happy with performances as keeping on our tails the bastards. London - new stadium - world class manager - Kane the man for all seasons. For once Spurs fans are happy I guess ;)

It's still very important I think, just not as important as it used to be. Back in the 00s qualification was pretty much the be all and end all as far as club accountants were concerned but now the PL TV deals dwarf it (Sunderland got more PL money for finishing bottom of the league than Real Madrid got for winning the CL).

As well as the CL money though it's a massive thing commercially - being on the biggest stage means more money from sponsors. If I'm not wrong, there was a clause in Man Utd's Adidas contract which came close to being activated last year - that if they didn't qualify for the CL for 2 years in a row then Adidas halved the money.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9888 on: February 24, 2018, 01:00:48 pm »
I still think the vast majority of players want CL so if Spurs or ourselves did not qualify for a couple of years then our long term on field goals would take a massive hit. That deal with Adidas was an odd one for Utd as surely the worldwide TV audience for a league game v Newcastle is as big as game against  the likes of Basel. Why would they hcp themselves allowing that clause when they always have the 'biggest' support in the world behind them. Anyhoo I just dont buy the importance of CL at the expense of domestic success as they go hand in hand somewhat and the league is the bread n butter that allows everything else to happen. Look at Leicester as they were doing well in the CL but for a second were shitting themselves in the league. The fear of relegation soon sorted out their priorities.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9889 on: February 24, 2018, 01:02:18 pm »
If they are selling Toby, I'd love us to sign him

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9890 on: February 25, 2018, 01:30:13 pm »
The amount of diving in every Spurs game now is getting beyond parody. Their team is just riddled with full time cheaters.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9891 on: February 25, 2018, 01:44:28 pm »
They're outdiving themselves every game.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9892 on: February 25, 2018, 01:47:42 pm »
Typical Spurs really. Kane saving their skins in a shit performance, and seemingly half the team diving all over the place.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9893 on: February 25, 2018, 01:56:59 pm »
They're becoming the worst team in Europe for cheating. Don't think I've ever seen a team cheating as much in every game as these do.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9894 on: February 25, 2018, 02:00:18 pm »
Typical Spurs really. Kane saving their bacon in a shit performance, and seemingly half the team diving all over the place.
It's hilarious if you go to that "Glory glory ::)"  absurdly named spurs forum they call us Salahpool. :lmao

103 goals scored  this season and Salah has 31 at around 30% of our goals.

They are so thick that Kane has about 60-70% of their goals this season.

Take Kane out of their team and they are toothless AF,they play and set up the same way as United with a double pivot of DM's and not much creativity, the only difference is they have Kane.

And the media with this obsession dove tailing Alli as a #10 is hilarious..Andy Dunn this week in the mirror was writing about him as one,his vision,technique,skill is no where near the likes of #10 proponents like Totti,Del piero Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Baggio,Zidane,he's just a limited hard working midfielder that when you take his goals away i don;t see what he does on the pitch besides dive.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #9895 on: February 25, 2018, 02:00:51 pm »
Fuck Off Kane!
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

• Kopite
« Reply #9896 on: February 25, 2018, 02:01:49 pm »
We should have had at least two stonewall penalties in that game. Thoroughly deserved three points. We were not at it today but still did enough to deserve to win.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9897 on: February 25, 2018, 02:02:45 pm »
Do you post on any spurs forums? You can't seem to wait to come in here to post about your team. So odd.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9898 on: February 25, 2018, 02:02:46 pm »
We should have had at least two stonewall penalties in that game. Thoroughly deserved three points. We were not at it today but still did enough to deserve to win.

I assume your threat to stop posting was an idle one? Why don't you take the hint? Or do you need it spelt out?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9899 on: February 25, 2018, 02:11:05 pm »

And the Alli dive?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9900 on: February 25, 2018, 02:11:59 pm »
I wouldn't bother responding. He knows the diving will get mentioned, so he's come on being a contrarian.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9901 on: February 25, 2018, 02:12:12 pm »
And the Alli dive?

He's probably claiming that as one of the stonewall ones. Either that, or the one that Kane was offside, or the one in the first half when their player ran straight into the keeper.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9902 on: February 25, 2018, 02:14:53 pm »

I stand my ground on Spurs that is all. If you guys genuinely don't want me to post here anymore, then fine, I won't.
I wouldn't bother responding. He knows the diving will get mentioned, so he's come on being a contrarian.

See above.

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9903 on: February 25, 2018, 02:40:12 pm »
"Stonewall" penalty has a completely different definition to Spurs than everyone else.

Palace were signing "Dele Ali, he's diving again"

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9904 on: February 25, 2018, 03:33:45 pm »
Deli Alli heat map for the game today.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9905 on: February 25, 2018, 03:35:36 pm »
Deli Alli heat map for the game today.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9906 on: February 25, 2018, 03:41:31 pm »
Privativ was this a stonewall penalty?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #9907 on: February 25, 2018, 03:47:52 pm »

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9908 on: February 25, 2018, 03:49:14 pm »
Spurs training session

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9909 on: February 25, 2018, 03:55:19 pm »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9910 on: February 25, 2018, 03:59:21 pm »
He's taking the piss now that Alli, a cowardly snide and a total cheat, in one neat package.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9911 on: February 25, 2018, 04:10:47 pm »

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:12:22 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9912 on: February 25, 2018, 04:17:37 pm »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #9913 on: February 25, 2018, 04:20:55 pm »
Alli has been found out this season for the mediocre talent that he is (measly 5 goals in the league this season) so now he has to resort to diving as he seemingly can't make any difference legal way anymore.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9914 on: February 25, 2018, 11:19:10 pm »
Pochetinno after the game today about Alli:

“He is an easy target for everyone. We need to stop saying too much about him to stop helping people, the fans, creating this reputation."

Stop saying too much.... good grief. Pochetinno best take his own advice and not say too much, he dosn't half talk some utter shit.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9915 on: February 25, 2018, 11:57:19 pm »
Alli has been found out this season for the mediocre talent that he is (measly 5 goals in the league this season) so now he has to resort to diving as he seemingly can't make any difference legal way anymore.
I swear he never used to dive this much. It used to be once every 3-4 games (still making him one of the leagues most frequent divers), now its 3-4 times a game. Is this his response to being in dreadful form, or how he will play from now on?
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #9916 on: February 26, 2018, 12:02:40 am »
He is so focussed on diving, he's forgotten to actually play football
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #9917 on: February 26, 2018, 12:17:32 am »
I swear he never used to dive this much. It used to be once every 3-4 games (still making him one of the leagues most frequent divers), now its 3-4 times a game. Is this his response to being in dreadful form, or how he will play from now on?

It is a bit frustrating, he had one dive today and one (in my opinion) legitimate call for a penalty, but he won't be getting the benefit of the doubt any more. Made all the more frustrating by the fact that he hasn't hit the heights of last season, though he has played really well in some of our bigger matches. I guess we as Spurs fans are going to have to accept that trade off with him at times.
We beat Real Madrid

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9918 on: February 26, 2018, 12:25:40 am »
Good job he's not foreign or the media would be all over it and the FA taking retrospective action.

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9919 on: February 26, 2018, 12:31:38 am »
Pochetinno after the game today about Alli:

“He is an easy target for everyone. We need to stop saying too much about him to stop helping people, the fans, creating this reputation."

Stop saying too much.... good grief. Pochetinno best take his own advice and not say too much, he dosn't half talk some utter shit.

He reminds me so much of Koeman with all this shit he talks.