Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12290399 times)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #99320 on: April 15, 2019, 08:05:45 am »
Brewster made one goal with a bone crunching 50:50 challenge.

Looked really really sharp.

He’s pretty much ready for the bench now.  Could he make an impact? Chamberlain is too far away, but Brewster......?

Surely not. He's been out for what.. a whole season?

If AOC isn't ready, I don't think Brewster is ready. Also a big ask for a player with zero first team experience if he's asked to come on and do something special, with everything on the line. Plenty of time for him to show what he can do next season.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99321 on: April 15, 2019, 08:34:49 am »
Yes. Longest first deal they can sign is until the end of the season they turn 19. Camacho should already be looking for a loan/move in the summer. Jones the same depending on assurances/transfers.

Going by Camachos latest instagram post looks like he'll be off

Posting from my phone so cant attach the image but it reads 'I do not know whose idea it is, but I will prove they are mistaken about my football. I'm not a right defender, i'm an attacker that scores goals. This is my DNA. Happy to score 3 goals and help the team in today's win vs Leicester'

Odd thing to be tweeting to be honest, like the lad as a player but he would do well to realise he wouldn't have even made his debut yet under most managers. Doubt Klopp will be too impressed with this stupid public post instead of just speaking to him privately

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #99322 on: April 15, 2019, 09:02:10 am »
Going by Camachos latest instagram post looks like he'll be off

Posting from my phone so cant attach the image but it reads 'I do not know whose idea it is, but I will prove they are mistaken about my football. I'm not a right defender, i'm an attacker that scores goals. This is my DNA. Happy to score 3 goals and help the team in today's win vs Leicester'

Odd thing to be tweeting to be honest, like the lad as a player but he would do well to realise he wouldn't have even made his debut yet under most managers. Doubt Klopp will be too impressed with this stupid public post instead of just speaking to him privately

That's the problem with young players. They're young. ;)

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99323 on: April 15, 2019, 10:12:29 am »
He's like 7th/8th choice right back and only got a game because we were desperate. I can understand why that plus not seeing himself as a right back, which he never has looked like even in his minutes in the cup there,  might make him want to leave.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99324 on: April 15, 2019, 10:25:00 am »
Not a smart thing for Camacho to say regardless of what team he is playing for. At his young age, what top team would be deploying him as a forward? If he can get in to play in any position in the starting 11 except for goalkeeper, he should be leaping for that chance and be the best right back/midfielder/defender he could possibly be in the interests of getting the first team minutes. After all, did Joe Gomez really think his best position was right back? Did Trent Alexander Arnold think his best position is right back? Even the likes of Carragher and Steven Gerrard started out playing as right back. Who does he think he is in suggesting the coach does not know what position he is best at? Does he really think the coaching staff are oblivious to his attributes? The simple fact is that he is not fit to tie the shoe laces of Mane, Firminho nor Salah especially, and it is most likely that he will never be. So he cannot play in the first team in that role anyway but if he could deploy his attacking instincts as right back while learning how to defend better, then why not? It is good for him and good for the team.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99325 on: April 15, 2019, 10:59:49 am »
Gomez and trent played plenty youth football at fullback and were getting good first team minutes there.

Camacho wont get minutes in the front 3 here, probably needs to drop to league one of he wants it in England.   He wants to play though, but was held back from going on loan for 90 minutes in a nothing cup game for us. He's not even close to playing right back for the first team, think about 7 other players have started there over him in the league.  Hes frustrated, probably leaves, not really much of an issue.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99326 on: April 15, 2019, 12:04:33 pm »
Good riddance if that's his attitude. I'm not sure whether it's aimed at Klopp, the u-23 staff or the club as a whole but he played at right back twice for the u-23's back in September and once against Wolves in the FA Cup so he's done it at both levels.

Gomez and trent played plenty youth football at fullback and were getting good first team minutes there.

Camacho wont get minutes in the front 3 here, probably needs to drop to league one of he wants it in England.   He wants to play though, but was held back from going on loan for 90 minutes in a nothing cup game for us. He's not even close to playing right back for the first team, think about 7 other players have started there over him in the league.  Hes frustrated, probably leaves, not really much of an issue.

I could be way off but didn't Trent only start playing right back once Alex Inglethorpe had spoken with him? I think Alex suggested that the quickest way into the first-team was playing right back because of the shortage. Before that he'd mainly played centre mid and right wing.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #99327 on: April 15, 2019, 04:32:15 pm »
Surely not. He's been out for what.. a whole season?

If AOC isn't ready, I don't think Brewster is ready. Also a big ask for a player with zero first team experience if he's asked to come on and do something special, with everything on the line. Plenty of time for him to show what he can do next season.
He was really sharp though. Looked 3 weeks fitter than chamberlain.

You might be right on waiting for next season, but I think he’s the Firmino back up we’ve all wanted
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #99328 on: April 15, 2019, 08:38:08 pm »
Hasn’t  Camacho turned down a new contract

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #99329 on: April 15, 2019, 08:44:15 pm »
Hasn’t  Camacho turned down a new contract
Yep. Will be sold in the summer
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99330 on: April 16, 2019, 07:51:38 am »
U19s lost again in the Dallas Cup yesterday, 1-0 against NYC.   Maybe we’re only playing our U18 squad.

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99331 on: April 16, 2019, 04:22:12 pm »
Assuming they do eligibility based on calendar years Brewster, Jones, Camacho, McAuley and Hoever are all eligible to play U19 football but have stayed in England to play with the U23s instead. For the American teams the Dallas Cup is the big tournament in that age group and they take it very seriously while for ours it's an end of season thing for the guys not needed by older age groups, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #99332 on: April 17, 2019, 02:16:29 pm »
The FA Youth Cup final between Liverpool and Manchester City will take place on Thursday April 25.

Kick-off at City's Academy Stadium is scheduled for 7.45pm BST and the game will be shown live on BT Sport.

After a change in the competition format this season, the tie will be one leg only with extra-time and penalties if necessary.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99333 on: April 17, 2019, 02:17:21 pm »
Why is it at their stadium?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99334 on: April 17, 2019, 04:43:15 pm »
Why is it at their stadium?
They were drawn at home. They changed from 2 legged semi finals amd final to one at the home teams ground. No idea why as rhe previous way seemed a lot better

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #99335 on: April 17, 2019, 05:03:19 pm »
Liverpool v Tigres, 3:50:00 onwards, great camera angle to see the team shapes:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i6rWGMA5To4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i6rWGMA5To4</a>
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #99336 on: April 17, 2019, 07:00:47 pm »
Rafa Camacho singing a different tune on Instagram today!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwXXqnSA_pZ/

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99337 on: April 17, 2019, 07:08:21 pm »

I felt a little bit sick reading that  ;D
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #99338 on: April 17, 2019, 07:12:08 pm »
I felt a little bit sick reading that  ;D

;D

It's quite something!  But better than negativity, so all good.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99339 on: April 17, 2019, 07:45:52 pm »
Bizarre, but still looks like he's on his way out

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99340 on: April 17, 2019, 07:52:25 pm »
The overposting of 'Boss Jurgen' says a lot I think

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #99341 on: April 17, 2019, 07:53:37 pm »
They were drawn at home. They changed from 2 legged semi finals amd final to one at the home teams ground. No idea why as rhe previous way seemed a lot better
Or just go for a neutral ground.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99342 on: April 19, 2019, 03:01:37 am »

He’s a young lad and should be given a pass and our support for the earlier tweet. He should just sign a new contract, get his head down and continue his good progress. If he really wants starts further up field I don’t see any reason why he couldn’t sign a new contract with the agreement he be sent on loan as an attacking midfielder. Might be a good way to prove his worth further up field. A Hertha Berlin type loan ala Grujic could be really good.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99343 on: April 20, 2019, 02:21:54 pm »
U18s only need 2 points from their last 2 games to gurantee finishing top of the north section

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99344 on: April 20, 2019, 10:28:12 pm »
U18s only need 2 points from their last 2 games to gurantee finishing top of the north section
3 points behind with a game in hand but worse goal difference this table says?

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?team=U18

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99345 on: April 21, 2019, 01:56:30 am »
3 points behind with a game in hand but worse goal difference this table says?

https://www.premierleague.com/tables?team=U18
What i was looking at on google must have been totally wromg haha

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #99346 on: April 23, 2019, 01:18:28 pm »
Anyone know where best to park for the Youth Cup Final on Thursday night ? Loads of resident permit only around ground.

Offline pied

• Kemlynite
« Reply #99347 on: April 23, 2019, 02:26:53 pm »
Liverpool v Tigres, 3:50:00 onwards, great camera angle to see the team shapes:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/i6rWGMA5To4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/i6rWGMA5To4</a>

A little late to the thread, but was at this game.  Looked the better team in the first half but they were able to capitalize on a couple of breaks and put one in. 

Second half was the opposite, we looked leggy and they were able to get past us time after time.  Our keeper made a bad play out of the back resulting in a PK they converted.  No real chances as the game wore on.  They put one in very late which made the score look worse than the game looked.  Tale of two halves, but they deserved the result to be honest.

Duncan looked sharp, but little service and they were all over him in the second half. 

#3 was frustrating.  A lot of skill but gave the ball up time after time after time.

Players and coaches were very nice to the fans and came over at the end of the game.  Had to be disappointed but good on them.

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #99348 on: April 23, 2019, 11:01:48 pm »
Anyone know where best to park for the Youth Cup Final on Thursday night ? Loads of resident permit only around ground.
I think you should be OK round the Wilson St area - it's permit holders only during events (and it usually says when the next event is), but I can't imagine this'll count as an event. Not sure whether it'll be OK at ASDA - again, that has different restrictions on a match day, but I think it should be fine for this game.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #99349 on: April 24, 2019, 01:59:44 pm »
I think you should be OK round the Wilson St area - it's permit holders only during events (and it usually says when the next event is), but I can't imagine this'll count as an event. Not sure whether it'll be OK at ASDA - again, that has different restrictions on a match day, but I think it should be fine for this game.

Thanks, much obliged mate - I'll check it out.

Offline Floop

• Main Stander
« Reply #99350 on: April 24, 2019, 03:00:42 pm »
The u23s played Rangers squad players in a friendly, and went up 4-0 in the first half before Rangers brought on some youngsters themselves and brought it back to 4-4
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-really-happened-liverpool-u23s-16173651

The starters were: Atherton; Whelan, Masterson, Gallacher, Johnston; Coyle, Randall, Christie-Davis; Jones, Camacho, Woodburn

Interesting that Brewster didn't go up with them, doubt we see him for the seniors this season, but if we are going to then Huddersfield at home would be the fixture...

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #99351 on: April 24, 2019, 03:10:38 pm »
The u23s played Rangers squad players in a friendly, and went up 4-0 in the first half before Rangers brought on some youngsters themselves and brought it back to 4-4
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-really-happened-liverpool-u23s-16173651

The starters were: Atherton; Whelan, Masterson, Gallacher, Johnston; Coyle, Randall, Christie-Davis; Jones, Camacho, Woodburn

Interesting that Brewster didn't go up with them, doubt we see him for the seniors this season, but if we are going to then Huddersfield at home would be the fixture...

might he be playing in the youth fa cup final?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99352 on: April 24, 2019, 03:11:53 pm »
might he be playing in the youth fa cup final?
He's not eligible.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99353 on: April 25, 2019, 09:14:22 am »
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-rb-leipzig-plot-swoop-to-sign-liverpool-player-after-he-rejects-new-five-year-deal/

RB Leipzig are plotting a £10million-plus swoop to sign Liverpool teen ace Rafael Camacho after he rejected a new contract, Football Insider understands.

I definitely think we should cash in. Talented player, but clearly not the right attitude, and he's not that good.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #99354 on: April 25, 2019, 09:23:46 am »
£10 million for Camacho, yep, see ya Raf

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99355 on: April 25, 2019, 09:35:56 am »
Oh and the U18 final is on BT Sport tonight

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #99356 on: April 25, 2019, 03:10:39 pm »
Oh and the U18 final is on BT Sport tonight

Yeah I'll be watching,shame its not the 2 legs as posted above but should be a decent game.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99357 on: April 25, 2019, 03:15:53 pm »
Yeah I'll be watching,shame its not the 2 legs as posted above but should be a decent game.

yeah should be and confident about this as well......shame it's conveniently at their ground

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99358 on: April 25, 2019, 03:46:39 pm »
As always with these games it'll depend on the strength of the team, or if anyone drops down.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #99359 on: April 25, 2019, 07:44:59 pm »
Come on the mini Reds, lets do these.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.