The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)

<< < (2/1373) > >>

thaddeus:

--- Quote from: Mister men on November  3, 2021, 10:21:55 pm ---Reserves in the last two games and the league cup. We simply can't afford anymore injuries now or it will derail our season. Bobby being injured again is a huge worry with Salah and Sadio off to the African tournament in a few weeks.

--- End quote ---
He has about eight weeks to get fit before they go.  I'd expect he'll be back shortly after the international break!

The annoying one will be Keita who will probably get into his stride again just in time for AFCON and a restart of the cycle that has haunted him since the last AFCON.

Klopp has generally manoeuvred us through injuries really well during his time in charge but even he reached his limit in the middle third of last season.

DelTrotter:
Feels like a dream week if we *only* get 1 or 2 injuries right now, it's absolutely relentless. In the last 10 days alone that's Milner hamstring (again), Firmino hamstring (again), Gomez calf, Jones eye, Keita hamstring. Anyone I've missed? It's easy to forget  ;D I know we train and stuff but seems like players that don't even get on the pitch much still get injured, Kelleher last season, Neco earlier this season etc. It's never ending.

fredfrop:
@Welshred
If Curtis has to lie down for a week because of an eye injury, doesn't that indicate a detached retina?

What are the range of prognoses for that type of injury?

Elzar:

--- Quote from: fredfrop on November  4, 2021, 10:42:48 am ---@Welshred
If Curtis has to lie down for a week because of an eye injury, doesn't that indicate a detached retina?

--- End quote ---

He's getting looked at today. Won't know much more until then.

rushyman:

--- Quote from: fredfrop on November  4, 2021, 10:42:48 am ---@Welshred

--- End quote ---

Obv Welshred will know better but I recently (well last year) had a carpet I was taking up whip up and the corner hit me in the eye at speed

Fucking painful it was. Was up all night Couldnt shut my eye as my eye lid was touching the white of my eye which had been damaged. I was off work for a week and told to lie down, vision was blurry was a bit scary to be honest

I’m hoping his was a knock and has a minor eye bleed not a fkn great gauge out like mine was or he’ll be out for a good month ! Doesn’t sound it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version