Author Topic: Anfield through the ages (pics)  (Read 45482 times)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Anfield through the ages (pics)
« Reply #240 on: March 11, 2023, 08:14:47 pm »
There was a strange billboard thing on the Kemlyn roof for a year or two

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2023, 08:45:47 pm »

Finally getting round to doing a deep dive in this thread. So many great pictures, needed after a shit display today. Highlighted some of my favourites.

After going through this I have an urge for the club to do multi-coloured seats when the ARE is re-done. Will be cooler than when we got the red nets back for a few seasons  :wave

There's some older ones which aren't great quality but I think the film photography in general makes a lot of these more memorable than many of the modern pictures will ever be. Get some of the lads on site of the Anny Rd an old disposable camera or two  ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 08:51:21 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2023, 09:10:44 pm »
I took a screen grab of the last girl from this footage - worth a watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uB6tg7x5ow&ab_channel=JimmyPince

If they ever re-do the Kop - I'd love them to put some clear sections right up at the back to get those shafts of light again.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #243 on: March 11, 2023, 10:48:23 pm »
Getting tickets fro Euro 96, then a Macdonalds.

Please tell me that's Rob queuing up for tickets in his shorts.  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #244 on: March 12, 2023, 10:10:45 am »
Was always fun lining up for the ticket office
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: March 12, 2023, 04:28:59 pm »
Please tell me that's Rob queuing up for tickets in his shorts.  :D

1996 I had hair half way down my back and it was dark not ginger.

Was always fun lining up for the ticket office

Not when the dopey twats made you pick them up match night and you missed the start of the game.

Best memory is when me and our kid, with Ma's permission, bunked off school in 1980 to queue for tickets for the Forest semi final. Queued from about 12 in the Main Syand carpark, by the time my Dad came to collect us about 5pm, the queue was past Anfield cemetery.

No chance I could go more than 5 hours without needing a piss these days
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: March 12, 2023, 04:39:51 pm »
I took a screen grab of the last girl from this footage - worth a watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uB6tg7x5ow&ab_channel=JimmyPince

If they ever re-do the Kop - I'd love them to put some clear sections right up at the back to get those shafts of light again.

Talk about God shining down on the righteous!!!

I can't imagine many haven't seen this but always worth repeating.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3asuHnsr-Q

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2023, 08:49:27 am »
The start of something massive.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2023, 08:50:59 am »
The start of something massive.

Aah! The Good Old Days.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: March 22, 2023, 07:01:36 pm »
All the talk about demolishing Skerries road, the Mason sisters who held up the Centenary stand development for a good few years. Real people with real lives, fair play to them I say.

I didn’t ever hear how it all worked out for them - what the balance was between their lives before and after and the many hundreds and thousands of moments of joy enjoyed from that stand.

Was it all worth it for them, at the end of the day was it better for them or was the ‘greater public good’ served?

It’s remarkable how similar the much vilified 1999 Anfield Plus is to what has actually happened today. If people had seen the benefits for a city on its backside then, this could have been the second decade of a regenerated community and stadium.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 07:14:37 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: March 22, 2023, 08:41:06 pm »

It’s remarkable how similar the much vilified 1999 Anfield Plus is to what has actually happened today. If people had seen the benefits for a city on its backside then, this could have been the second decade of a regenerated community and stadium.

There is definitely a balance to be struck and the gauche club first attitude of some understandably gets a few backs up, but your point here is undeniably sound. It would be interesting to see someone like David Conn challenge their pre conceptions and look into the long-term impact of the redevelopments.

Good development has the potential, as we have seen, to be absolutely transformational on a macro scale. Anfield as an area is almost unrecognisable to where in was in the late nineties, Walton Breck Road particularly. Almost every measure of social deprivation has improved at a faster rate than basically anywhere else in the city (excluding the centre) in the last 8 years or so. Anfield Stadium looking spectacular and bringing hundreds of people into the area almost daily, together with the related removal of derelict housing stock, is a key factor underlying all that.

It's understandable for those directly impacted by potential construction or demolition to be unimpressed and argue against but there comes a point when wider interests really ought come into view.

Lionising holdouts who put their personal preferences relentlessly ahead of interests of the community at large doesn't honestly seem that far removed from the lack of empathy shown on places like skyscrapercity.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: March 22, 2023, 09:08:21 pm »
There is definitely a balance to be struck and the gauche club first attitude of some understandably gets a few backs up, but your point here is undeniably sound. It would be interesting to see someone like David Conn challenge their pre conceptions and look into the long-term impact of the redevelopments.

Good development has the potential, as we have seen, to be absolutely transformational on a macro scale. Anfield as an area is almost unrecognisable to where in was in the late nineties, Walton Breck Road particularly. Almost every measure of social deprivation has improved at a faster rate than basically anywhere else in the city (excluding the centre) in the last 8 years or so. Anfield Stadium looking spectacular and bringing hundreds of people into the area almost daily, together with the related removal of derelict housing stock, is a key factor underlying all that.

It's understandable for those directly impacted by potential construction or demolition to be unimpressed and argue against but there comes a point when wider interests really ought come into view.

Lionising holdouts who put their personal preferences relentlessly ahead of interests of the community at large doesn't honestly seem that far removed from the lack of empathy shown on places like skyscrapercity.

It's a pity that people like David Conn (or Kemp) fed maybe understandable concerns, fanning them into paranoia even. He talked a lot about 12 years wasted consultation and all the 'good work lost' (when the new stadium was dropped). As the now old argument goes and is probably generally accepted, the new stadium would have done little or nothing for the community.

He could have taken a step back and thought about what was best for the community rather than  'bashing the bosses' at all costs but maybe this would have put the people ahead of his paper's political ideology.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 09:23:44 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #252 on: March 22, 2023, 09:34:45 pm »
It's a pity that people like David Conn (or Kemp) fed maybe understandable concerns, fanning them into paranoia even. He talked a lot about 12 years wasted consultation and all the 'good work lost' (when the new stadium was dropped). As the now old argument goes and is probably generally accepted, the new stadium would have done little or nothing for the community.

He could have taken a step back and thought about what was best for the community rather than  'bashing the bosses' at all costs but maybe this would have put the people ahead of his paper's political ideology.

My I suggest that if you want to be catalyst for good then you shouldn't secretly buy up houses, tin them up and put your neighbours through absolute hell. You shouldn't hold secret backroom meetings where you attempt to carve up an area without even telling the people who live there what you are doing.

You shouldn't lie about what you are doing and above all you should be transparent and honest.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: March 22, 2023, 09:52:00 pm »
My I suggest that if you want to be catalyst for good then you shouldn't secretly buy up houses, tin them up and put your neighbours through absolute hell. You shouldn't hold secret backroom meetings where you attempt to carve up an area without even telling the people who live there what you are doing.

You shouldn't lie about what you are doing and above all you should be transparent and honest.

I'd suggest it's impossible not to think about what you want to do before you do it. As a group, you have to do that together. If you want to believe what is fed to you by partial interests and call that dealing in secret, I can't help you.

It's also impossible to deny that the overall effect for the community has been hugely positive and suggest that if it had been done back in the day, it would have been positive all the sooner.

And the area was in the toilet long before anyone thought about what to do with the stadium The city was falling apart, areas were filling with drugs, fires, scallies and rats. Nobody wanted them or not for themselves. The housing market was in free fall. In that context, hell arrived a long time before and tinning them up could only have helped. If you wanted to buy what no-one else wanted, the last thing you want to do is add a zero by telling everyone who you are.

Anfield Plus was a lifeline to the community, which no other part of the city had but some people hell-bent on political agenda threw it in the club's face, 20 years before it finally came to pass. So much for being transparent and honest.

And to bluntly get back to the point from which this has wandered, do you think the Mason sisters holding out was good for the community?

Alan: do you want to split this off as well?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 10:11:12 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2023, 12:25:15 am »
All the talk about demolishing Skerries road, the Mason sisters who held up the Centenary stand development for a good few years. Real people with real lives, fair play to them I say.

They must have moved to one of the nearby streets. I often saw the sister on the right (Joan) walk her dog every day in the streets around the Clapham Road/Hornsey Road area. That was over twenty years ago mind.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2023, 12:19:09 pm »
I'd suggest it's impossible not to think about what you want to do before you do it. As a group, you have to do that together. If you want to believe what is fed to you by partial interests and call that dealing in secret, I can't help you.

There is absolutely no problem thinking about what you want to do. There is absolutely no problem getting together with relevant parties and having an open and transparent discussion about what is best for an area.

What is not okay is to exclude the people who live there. What is not okay is to tell the people who live there that as a club you have no intention to expand. What is not okay whilst you are telling bare-faced lies to the community is to hold secret meetings with public officials, buy up properties and destroy them to in effect destroy the area and community.

What is not okay is to secretly carve up the area and then present the community with a fait accompli. Something the club did firstly with Anfield plus and then with numerous aborted attempts to build a Stadium in the park.   

It's also impossible to deny that the overall effect for the community has been hugely positive and suggest that if it had been done back in the day, it would have been positive all the sooner.

That is easy to say from your bunker in Huyton. You didn't live through decades of hell in which the area was deliberately destroyed, the community ripped apart and people had their finances destroyed. If it is so positive why are there so many people so unhappy about what happened to their community? 

And the area was in the toilet long before anyone thought about what to do with the stadium The city was falling apart, areas were filling with drugs, fires, scallies and rats. Nobody wanted them or not for themselves. The housing market was in free fall. In that context, hell arrived a long time before and tinning them up could only have helped. If you wanted to buy what no-one else wanted, the last thing you want to do is add a zero by telling everyone who you are.

This where we get to your usual easily disproved lies.

Firstly the housing market in Liverpool was not in freefall.

prop-prices" border="0

Quite clearly the market was not in freefall. In fact prices of terraced houses in Liverpool were pretty stable with a slight increase if anything.

prop-prices" border="0

Then we get to your next lie. That no one wanted to buy property in Liverpool at that time.

As we can see from the graph. The number of sales were pretty high and about to get higher. The thing is your whole narrative is bullshit. We had a Labour government in 99 and the City was on the up, with huge amounts of European objective One funding flooding into the City.

Anfield Plus was a lifeline to the community, which no other part of the city had but some people hell-bent on political agenda threw it in the club's face, 20 years before it finally came to pass. So much for being transparent and honest.

And to bluntly get back to the point from which this has wandered, do you think the Mason sisters holding out was good for the community?

Alan: do you want to split this off as well?

The only way in which Anfield plus was a lifeline to the community was because LFC was trying to sink the area in an attempt to expand. Then we get the twenty years passing. Conveniently you miss out the other botched attempts by LFC. The various plans for Stadiums in the park. The promises that LFC wouldn't continue to buy up and destroy houses.

The assurances that the Stadium in the park was definitely going ahead led to people investing in their properties. Only for the club to change its mind and people being plunged into negative equity.

The best bit is your rant about Anfield plus and somehow trying to connect it to the Mason sisters. We both know that the Mason sisters had nothing to do with Anfield plus and was entirely to do with the redevelopment of the Kemlyn. A redevelopment that offered nothing for the community. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2023, 12:33:29 pm »
A bit of light relief...

(can someone embed this for me it's driving me mad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMPo2VX6SCM&ab_channel=yesduptrebor

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #257 on: March 24, 2023, 12:39:21 pm »
Was a good thread this while it lasted  ::)

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2023, 04:42:30 pm »
A bit of light relief...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xMPo2VX6SCM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xMPo2VX6SCM</a>

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2023, 05:04:27 pm »
They must have moved to one of the nearby streets. I often saw the sister on the right (Joan) walk her dog every day in the streets around the Clapham Road/Hornsey Road area. That was over twenty years ago mind.

They did move to one of the roads off Anfield road my dad had to move some of stuff they had in there house and refit in the new , door handles and stuff like that . I grew up in Clapham road from the early 60s until 1981 great for going the match

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2023, 05:08:10 pm »
There is absolutely no problem thinking about what you want to do. There is absolutely no problem getting together with relevant parties and having an open and transparent discussion about what is best for an area.

What is not okay is to exclude the people who live there. What is not okay is to tell the people who live there that as a club you have no intention to expand. What is not okay whilst you are telling bare-faced lies to the community is to hold secret meetings with public officials, buy up properties and destroy them to in effect destroy the area and community.

What is not okay is to secretly carve up the area and then...

Whichever version of the truth you prefer, twenty years were wasted in attempts to build a new stadium no more nor less than as a direct result of Anfield Plus being rejected. If the club hadn't been forced to, no-one would have considered a new stadium and Anfield would have been redeveloped long ago. Whatever happened in between, you cannot possibly deny that the overall outcome has been positive.

I can see people are already tired of this hostile intrusion into an otherwise enjoyable thread but I'd be happy to carry on elsewhere if anyone wants to move it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 05:23:17 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2023, 06:12:14 pm »
Yeah, probably for another thread but It is a fascinating/multi faceted topic.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2023, 06:20:45 pm »
Whichever version of the truth you prefer, twenty years were wasted in attempts to build a new stadium no more nor less than as a direct result of Anfield Plus being rejected. If the club hadn't been forced to, no-one would have considered a new stadium and Anfield would have been redeveloped long ago. Whatever happened in between, you cannot possibly deny that the overall outcome has been positive.

I can see people are already tired of this hostile intrusion into an otherwise enjoyable thread but I'd be happy to carry on elsewhere if anyone wants to move it.

The hostile intrusion was entirely you bringing politics into it Peter. Above all yet another unnecessary attack on David Conn who was one of the few journalists to stick up for the Hillsborough families and was an absolute hero helping overturn the verdicts.

The best bit is that it wasn't even Conn who was the journalist involved in uncovering the Anfield plus scandal it was Michael Doran from the Star a free paper. Then again it wasn't Kemp who was the politician who most vehemently objected to it. That was Joe Kenny the councilor for Anfield.

As you say this isn't the thread for it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 06:22:54 pm by Al 666 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: March 25, 2023, 02:04:46 pm »
The hostile intrusion was entirely you bringing politics into it Peter. Above all yet another unnecessary attack on David Conn who was one of the few journalists to stick up for the Hillsborough families and was an absolute hero helping overturn the verdicts.

The best bit is that it wasn't even Conn who was the journalist involved in uncovering the Anfield plus scandal it was Michael Doran from the Star a free paper. Then again it wasn't Kemp who was the politician who most vehemently objected to it. That was Joe Kenny the councilor for Anfield.

As you say this isn't the thread for it.

Mate. I don’t often say this as it looks like an admission but I can’t be bothered arguing with you. As they say, never argue with a fool or rather anyone with tunnel vision. If you want to carry on, start a new thread and we’ll get back to enjoying the pictures here.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2023, 06:21:01 pm »
Mate. I don’t often say this as it looks like an admission but I can’t be bothered arguing with you. As they say, never argue with a fool or rather anyone with tunnel vision. If you want to carry on, start a new thread and we’ll get back to enjoying the pictures here.

Maybe you could politely ask the mods to remove your and Al's posts from in here to start that new thread - take your ongoing Conn-bashing there? So this thread can just continue on with some great images through the ages?

Thanks.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #265 on: March 26, 2023, 08:28:57 pm »
Maybe you could politely ask the mods to remove your and Al's posts from in here to start that new thread - take your ongoing Conn-bashing there? So this thread can just continue on with some great images through the ages?

Thanks.

+1.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #266 on: March 26, 2023, 09:52:53 pm »

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #267 on: March 27, 2023, 01:07:06 am »

There's a really glum faced fella, left of centre, half way up - spit of Mark E Smith from The Fall.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: March 27, 2023, 09:40:32 am »
There's a really glum faced fella, left of centre, half way up - spit of Mark E Smith from The Fall.

Looks a bit like Ringo

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2023, 01:16:33 pm »
A bit of light relief...

Rangers, Celtic, Liiiivvvveeerrrppppoooollllllllllll at the end 😁

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2023, 02:28:14 pm »

Next to Stephen Hawking?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2023, 09:25:22 am »
Rangers, Celtic, Liiiivvvveeerrrppppoooollllllllllll at the end 😁

Probably the last season of the college bar scarves, just before the Silkies phenomenon changed what you wore to the match completely  :D

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #272 on: April 2, 2023, 09:51:55 am »
The picture of the pitch invasion earlier in this read looks like Man United v Arsenal played as United home game when Old Trafford was closed down.
Was there trouble at this game at Anfield? No way these days would United choose to play a home game at Anfield.
I know they played their other ‘home game’ during this ban at Stoke.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: April 2, 2023, 11:26:27 am »
The picture of the pitch invasion earlier in this read looks like Man United v Arsenal played as United home game when Old Trafford was closed down.
Was there trouble at this game at Anfield? No way these days would United choose to play a home game at Anfield.
I know they played their other ‘home game’ during this ban at Stoke.
I was on the Anny Road End in '71 for our home game with United and don't recall any trouble at all despite there being no segregation. However, I do have vague recollection of hearing that Mancs got legged all over the place by us when they played that 'home' game at Anfield.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: April 8, 2023, 05:05:14 pm »
Don't know whether this has been posted before.

« Last Edit: April 9, 2023, 04:21:12 pm by Terry de Niro »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #275 on: April 9, 2023, 11:44:48 am »
From @angiesliverpool on Twitter:

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2023, 09:13:16 pm »
This is a show on youtube called This is Anfield, taken from 1977

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR05CyJBe94
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2023, 10:55:53 pm »
^
It's good, that. I watched it the other night but messed up putting a link to it here on my phone. I'm glad you put it up.  :thumbup

Offline Jordellsu

• Kemlynite
« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2023, 09:56:33 pm »
My lad protesting on the kop in 1993. Never worked but he's nearly 30 now and glad he did his bit.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 13, 2023, 02:38:15 pm »
Just spotted this on Facebook with the wording of.

"What a photo. Spion Kop days. 1980s half and half bobble hats, sheepies (what happened to those coats we called sheepies?) and Adidas jackets and footwear all over the place. The old standing Kop, the place we got our supporting education."

Used to always be near to that big post.