Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3527857 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #21280 on: April 30, 2021, 05:26:13 pm »
to be honest it's always worth seeing them in real life because your screen will show colours different to others.

Definitely, I cant see how people can think it looks like Roma colours, I have a Roma shirt and it's in no way a similar colour, it's not red at all.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21281 on: April 30, 2021, 05:31:16 pm »
I'm convinced some of yous are color blind, because this isn't Roma at all.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #21282 on: April 30, 2021, 05:37:17 pm »
Okaaaayyy...

So, so far Nike have put green on this season's Home shirt, and there will be orange on next seasons.

What random coloured trim colour is gonna grace our 22/23 season shirt?

I'm guessing silver.

Looks like the darker red we've had the last few seasons, along with a lighter red for the sleeves and collar to me. No idea where you're getting orange from.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21283 on: April 30, 2021, 05:38:01 pm »
Roma's red is closer to the darker red that you all love than that

Offline TheYashLFC

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21284 on: April 30, 2021, 05:44:11 pm »
Crap kit. Just like this year's kit, I won't be buying next seasons as well.

Sucks for Nike, I would gladly have paid if they were decent.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #21285 on: April 30, 2021, 06:08:04 pm »
Some new training gear.  :o

Let's not judge too hastily here.

The first one will sell well to the Horticultural Society community.

The second one will sell well to the kind of people who like to give a nice shirt to their three year-old kid to practice their acrylic painting on.

The sad thing is that without the childlike doodling all over them, I'd buy both. As they are, my money goes elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 06:11:52 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21286 on: April 30, 2021, 06:29:52 pm »
Let's not judge too hastily here.

The first one will sell well to the Horticultural Society community.

The second one will sell well to the kind of people who like to give a nice shirt to their three year-old kid to practice their acrylic painting on.

The sad thing is that without the childlike doodling all over them, I'd buy both. As they are, my money goes elsewhere.
You think those are bad, you should see France's new one. It looks exactly like you're describing, like a 5 year old dabbed their fingers in some paint and got it on a lovely pristine white shirt. That or they spilled a Cream Egg over it. The Spurs home shirt is just basically a white T-shirt. Yes. A literal white T shirt with a club crest and sponsor on it, and a horrible collar. We got lucky.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #21287 on: April 30, 2021, 06:30:25 pm »
I love this thread, same old farts (in the politest sense obviously) moaning about the latest kit like it's marketed at 50 year old fellas with Carlsberg bellies  ;D ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21288 on: April 30, 2021, 06:48:46 pm »
I love this thread, same old farts (in the politest sense obviously) moaning about the latest kit like it's marketed at 50 year old fellas with Carlsberg bellies  ;D ;D

Woah there!

I hope the moderators are taking this blatant age discrimination seriously.

:)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21289 on: April 30, 2021, 06:49:37 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21290 on: April 30, 2021, 06:50:45 pm »
;D ;D ;D
I knew you'd turn up too.

:D

I bet you bought that awful green away top for Norbert to wear, didn't you?  ;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 06:52:20 pm by Son of Spion* »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #21291 on: April 30, 2021, 07:05:45 pm »

42 actually.

And i don’t drink Carlsberg.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #21292 on: April 30, 2021, 07:36:14 pm »
Warrior would be proud of those training kits

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21293 on: April 30, 2021, 10:32:33 pm »
They're all at it. You should see the state of some of the Adidas stuff floating about. The late 80's coming back with a vengeance. A lot of it reminds me of my childhood wallpaper.

Speaking of which, our 3rd yellow looks a belter.

Offline Dalglish to Rush

• Main Stander
« Reply #21294 on: May 1, 2021, 01:28:00 am »

I don't think they'll be training gear as that has AXA as the sponsor, Standard Chartered doesn't feature on the training gear and as already mentioned that's the old SC logo.

Just hope they aren't going to be the GK tops  :o , I doubt even Alisson could make that yellow and black mess look good.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2021, 01:33:59 am by Dalglish to Rush »

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #21295 on: May 1, 2021, 01:53:40 am »
Nike deciding on the 22-23 home shirt... :P

Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21296 on: May 1, 2021, 02:48:06 am »
Nike deciding on the 22-23 home shirt... :P

You may mock, but they'll sell well with the Acid House revivalist movement.

It's all about new markets you know. Not football fans old enough to have disposable income.   8)

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #21297 on: May 1, 2021, 03:42:21 am »
You may mock, but they'll sell well with the Acid House revivalist movement.

It's all about new markets you know. Not football fans old enough to have disposable income.   8)

Instead of The Mighty Reds, I suspect Nike will go for the Rainbow Warriors look. ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #21298 on: May 1, 2021, 01:45:14 pm »

Fucking Warrior. That’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time. What do those fine chaps get up to these days? Do they make kits for any notable clubs? Were they even legally allowed to continue making shirts after those abominations they made for us? (The white/red/black away strip and the purple/black/white one)
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #21299 on: May 1, 2021, 02:42:08 pm »
They've just gone back to Ice Hockey and Lacrosse haven't they?

That was the reason New Balance took over their deals

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21300 on: May 1, 2021, 03:18:50 pm »
I don't think they'll be training gear as that has AXA as the sponsor, Standard Chartered doesn't feature on the training gear and as already mentioned that's the old SC logo.

Just hope they aren't going to be the GK tops  :o , I doubt even Alisson could make that yellow and black mess look good.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Some of these sites have them listed as 'special editions' or 'concept'. I reckon the design is the same, though, because they have the same ones as the Nike store do, only the sponsor on them is different.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21301 on: May 1, 2021, 05:42:07 pm »
I dont believe those are training kits. All training stuff has Axa on it

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21302 on: May 1, 2021, 07:22:54 pm »
Fucking Warrior. That’s a name I’ve not heard in a long time. What do those fine chaps get up to these days? Do they make kits for any notable clubs? Were they even legally allowed to continue making shirts after those abominations they made for us? (The white/red/black away strip and the purple/black/white one)

Thankfully, I'd totally forgotten about Warrior. I had to look it up to see what they are up to these days.

Red_Mark1980 was correct. This from Wiki -

In February 2015, parent company New Balance announced it was entering the global soccer market. As part of the move, all clubs and players sponsored by Warrior would be outfitted by New Balance while Warrior would go back to just hockey and lacrosse going forward

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21303 on: May 1, 2021, 09:46:47 pm »
I dont believe those are training kits. All training stuff has Axa on it
They're just designer fashion gear concepts that the Chinese counterfeiters are producing themselves and selling. I'd be surprised if any of it is actually for sale officially.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21304 on: May 2, 2021, 05:22:20 pm »

Now why does that make me think about thw Corona-virus?  :odd
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #21305 on: May 5, 2021, 12:32:43 pm »
Looks like the darker red we've had the last few seasons, along with a lighter red for the sleeves and collar to me. No idea where you're getting orange from.
Think it's one of those optical illusions where if you stare at each colour in isolation you see its true colour.
But side by side the colours look dark red and an orange-red.
Whatever they are called, it looks very unlike anything we've ever seen before on a Home kit.
More Roma than LFC.

At least the green on this season's Home kit had throwbacks to the Carlsberg era, and some would argue that green has become an LFC colour.
But orange/orange-red?
Maybe it's a ploy to keep Gini..

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21306 on: May 5, 2021, 12:38:20 pm »
Here's a history of Roma's kits

https://www.subsidesports.com/uk/as-roma-football-shirt-archive

And here's our new kit

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/03/liverpool-21-22-home-kit-leaked.html

I may be blind but to me it's nothing like the typical Roma kit.

Whatever you may want to call the color on the  sleeves, it isn't orange.

https://convertingcolors.com/color-palette-image/view/FF4500FF6424FF8140FF9E5AFFBB74FFD88FFFF6ABFFFFC7FFFFE3FFFFFF.png

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21307 on: May 5, 2021, 12:42:40 pm »
When are people actually expecting this to officially be released? Next couple of weeks, you'd think?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #21308 on: May 5, 2021, 01:35:44 pm »
Here's a history of Roma's kits

https://www.subsidesports.com/uk/as-roma-football-shirt-archive

And here's our new kit

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/03/liverpool-21-22-home-kit-leaked.html

I may be blind but to me it's nothing like the typical Roma kit.

Whatever you may want to call the color on the  sleeves, it isn't orange.

https://convertingcolors.com/color-palette-image/view/FF4500FF6424FF8140FF9E5AFFBB74FFD88FFFF6ABFFFFC7FFFFE3FFFFFF.png
Thanks for the links.
It's weird cos in that footyheadlines page the colour looks orange and then later pink!
And the main red goes from pinky-red to darker blood red.
What are the actual colour palettes of the strips colours?
Thanks for the palette strip - which code numbers are on our shirt?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21309 on: May 5, 2021, 01:43:41 pm »
Thanks for the links.
It's weird cos in that footyheadlines page the colour looks orange and then later pink!
And the main red goes from pinky-red to darker blood red.
What are the actual colour palettes of the strips colours?
Thanks for the palette strip - which code numbers are on our shirt?

I'm not sure mate, [I'll see if I can find them] but also what I've noticed there is a color difference on a laptop/pc and on my phone. The shade is slightly different. Obviously it's best for us to wait to see it in person as always.

I think this shade is more similar to what we had in 17-19

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #21310 on: May 5, 2021, 01:55:11 pm »
Slightly off topic, but still to do with our kit (or kits in general)
Is there a particular reason why the long sleeve Jersey is 'out of fashion' these days?
I don't think I have seen a player wearing one in a few years, and don't think you can even buy one these days.

Surely it looks better to replace the long sleeve compression top, sometimes worn, with a sleeve?

I know I'm going on a bit age wise 😂, but from personal experience (as a runner) when my arms get cold, I don't function the same.
Just a thought. Any explanation?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #21311 on: May 5, 2021, 01:58:19 pm »
Players wear under jerseys[or skins] now, as the sleeves are harder to hold by opposing players than long sleeves on the shirt, it's annoying as i like long sleeve shirts.
#Sausages

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21312 on: May 5, 2021, 02:00:04 pm »
When are people actually expecting this to officially be released? Next couple of weeks, you'd think?

Third week in May I read earlier, not sure how accurate that is though. I guess they often wear them for the last home game though?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21313 on: May 5, 2021, 02:04:27 pm »
Slightly off topic, but still to do with our kit (or kits in general)
Is there a particular reason why the long sleeve Jersey is 'out of fashion' these days?
I don't think I have seen a player wearing one in a few years, and don't think you can even buy one these days.

Surely it looks better to replace the long sleeve compression top, sometimes worn, with a sleeve?

I know I'm going on a bit age wise 😂, but from personal experience (as a runner) when my arms get cold, I don't function the same.
Just a thought. Any explanation?

Nike have stopped making long sleeve shirts for years now. I think Adidas and NB are the only ones who do still.

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #21314 on: May 5, 2021, 04:03:50 pm »
Pre match top for next season

Up the Portugal....

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21315 on: May 5, 2021, 04:27:13 pm »
Diogo will be delighted.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #21316 on: May 5, 2021, 04:28:02 pm »
That's the pattern on the back of the collar for the new home jersey isn't it?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21317 on: May 5, 2021, 06:08:04 pm »

Up the Portugal....

I like it, but why do these designers always have to whack a pointless and random stripe somewhere like that one on the sleeve.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #21318 on: May 5, 2021, 06:10:51 pm »
I like it, but why do these designers always have to whack a pointless and random stripe somewhere like that one on the sleeve.

It's the template for all the Nike training gear. It is pointless though I agree.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21319 on: May 5, 2021, 06:41:46 pm »

Up the Portugal....

That's my new pyjama top sorted.  :P