Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 989413 times)

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #4880 on: December 22, 2022, 11:43:41 pm »
The more I see of him, the more I’m convinced that given time he’s going to make a lot of people look very foolish.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4881 on: December 22, 2022, 11:53:22 pm »
I suggest you look up his G/A record. Another Assist tonight as well.  :D
You are missing the context.
Goals comparison with Haaland.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4882 on: December 22, 2022, 11:54:25 pm »
Utter incompetence...? or bent refereeing?

?Por que no los dos?

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4883 on: December 23, 2022, 12:03:21 am »
The more I see of him, the more I’m convinced that given time he’s going to make a lot of people look very foolish.

Goal/assist every 115 mins this season.
Not bad considering how shite he allegedly is
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4884 on: December 23, 2022, 12:11:52 am »
No one else even going to comment on the fact that he was coming in from the right which is not his strongest side?

If those chances had all been from the left or central its quite likely he'd have scored one of them at least.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #4885 on: December 23, 2022, 12:21:09 am »
Lewandowski at any time wouldn’t be the comparison, more Cavani.

Wasn’t the point I just blurted out the first top striker that came to mind

You mustve been going mad at Carragher and his shearer reference at the end 😂

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4886 on: December 23, 2022, 12:23:41 am »
Goal/assist every 115 mins this season.
Not bad considering how shite he allegedly is
His xGA is gradually translating into tangible output.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4887 on: December 23, 2022, 02:40:20 am »
Just watched the replay of the game: Those were 2 really good goal chances Nunez failed even to hit the target.
Any striker worth their salt would have at least tested the keeper.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #4888 on: December 23, 2022, 04:14:17 am »
He brings to mind Suarez in his first season with us in that he was hitting the post and missing goals by narrow margins. Hopefully Nunez has a similar trajectory. That would be nice  :) :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4889 on: December 23, 2022, 05:37:58 am »
I like the kid.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4890 on: December 23, 2022, 07:08:33 am »
What was he like at the World Cup? Didn't get to watch Uruguay's games but didn't really hear that he set the world alight.

Fella next door to me said he was shite.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #4891 on: December 23, 2022, 07:49:34 am »
Fella next door to me said he was shite.

His team mates didn’t create a chance for him the whole World Cup from memory. Basically did Suarez’s running for him also.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4892 on: December 23, 2022, 07:59:07 am »
It’s weird because apart from that goal Haaland did fuck all and that’s in a fairly in charge City side. Yet Nunez sapcared the shit out of them.

We've played City 3 times and they've both scored one each. Haaland has done nothing in the games bar getting on the end of things, he doesn't affect the play. Nunez has terrified them, even just off the bench twice. The thing with Haaland is how ruthless he is in front of goal for the most part.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 08:16:08 am by Frostymo, laaaaa! »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4893 on: December 23, 2022, 08:19:08 am »
Don't know if it was because the was trying too hard, but it was pretty poor technique on his shots from the right, kept using the inside of the foot rather than the top or the outside of the foot, which will always curl the ball away from the goal, but that is something that can easily be worked on with the coaches. Rest of the time, he scared the fuck out of City and put the ball on a plate for Mo.

No need for him to be getting stick.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4894 on: December 23, 2022, 08:40:32 am »
Don't know if it was because the was trying too hard, but it was pretty poor technique on his shots from the right, kept using the inside of the foot rather than the top or the outside of the foot, which will always curl the ball away from the goal, but that is something that can easily be worked on with the coaches. Rest of the time, he scared the fuck out of City and put the ball on a plate for Mo.

No need for him to be getting stick.
Was thinking the same, wrong technique from that side of the goal. For the last one he seemed to panic a little when there was no option in the middle. He will be working  on them situations in training tho. I do like him as a player and as the post before said, he did a lot more than Haaland. Nunez is a far better footballer but Haaland is just a beast of a finisher, does fuckall else all game. Hopefully when we buy the midfielders we’re after(stop laughing at the back) and the team is more settled, we will create a lot more chances for Darwin in his preferred position.

Yes, it’s fine to comment on his performances but anyone slating him need to wind it in.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 08:45:21 am by JRed »

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4895 on: December 23, 2022, 08:42:37 am »
Boring agenda against him, it’s actually daft. He will score plenty, does lots during the game, love the lad

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4896 on: December 23, 2022, 08:53:29 am »
Boring agenda against him, it’s actually daft. He will score plenty, does lots during the game, love the lad

Thing is as well, it took months for the fans here to get over the agenda, to start seeing that his technique is good or he is a good finisher, but it all gets rolled back after literally 1 game, it boggles the mind honestly.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4897 on: December 23, 2022, 08:59:07 am »
Thing is as well, it took months for the fans here to get over the agenda, to start seeing that his technique is good or he is a good finisher, but it all gets rolled back after literally 1 game, it boggles the mind honestly.

Salah has games like this, so did Mane but nothing was really said.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #4898 on: December 23, 2022, 09:11:13 am »
Just watched the replay of the game: Those were 2 really good goal chances Nunez failed even to hit the target.
Any striker worth their salt would have at least tested the keeper.

Yeah, he's shite, get rid now.  We might get £10 million for him.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4899 on: December 23, 2022, 09:11:54 am »
He’s always in the positions and involved. It’s been said countless numbers of times how raw he is

That assist for salah showed his qualities

If the guy was always off side, or barely touching the ball I’d be more worried, but his goal return thus far is good in my opinion and i still think he’ll turn out to be a beast for us.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #4900 on: December 23, 2022, 09:13:03 am »
I’ve never known such hysterical analysis of a footballer. When he scores he’s lauded beyond anything reasonable; when he misses a few there’s some kind of existential crisis amongst fans while rivals make ‘fail’ compilations.

What’s going on? He’s like the poster child for every football meme that’s ever been made. Madness and maddening.

Relax…everyone relax.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4901 on: December 23, 2022, 09:15:19 am »
I’ve never known such hysterical analysis of a footballer. When he scores he’s lauded beyond anything reasonable; when he misses a few there’s some kind of existential crisis amongst fans while rivals make ‘fail’ compilations.

What’s going on? He’s like the poster child for every football meme that’s ever been made. Madness and maddening.

Relax…everyone relax.

Modern football is full of utter bellends.

He's raw, but he is quality. I'd employ Suarez as a finishing coach if he was up for it and get him to work with Darwin for a few months, the kid would be unstoppable.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #4902 on: December 23, 2022, 09:17:54 am »
He makes scoring look incredibly difficult.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #4903 on: December 23, 2022, 09:21:09 am »
I will have you a friendly bet he never makes it at Liverpool

I will take that for a 100 quid, thank you.

Lets talk at the end of the season.

Phuk yoo

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4904 on: December 23, 2022, 09:24:35 am »
Modern football is full of utter bellends.

He's raw, but he is quality. I'd employ Suarez as a finishing coach if he was up for it and get him to work with Darwin for a few months, the kid would be unstoppable.

Suarez always missed lots of good chances himself. He wasn't a natural finisher and couldn't finish until it all came together around 12/13 time. Cristiano Ronaldo another one who always missed easy chances but he got that many of them he'd always get his goal and failing that he'd fall down for a pen and score that way. Cavani the same.

Nunez is similar, he has the knack of getting a lot of chances and when he's in the groove he can go on a real run. Haaland is more of that Gerd Muller type poacher/natural goalscorer. Nunez isn't a Fowler in that sense but neither was Suarez.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4905 on: December 23, 2022, 09:32:20 am »
I will take that for a 100 quid, thank you.

Lets talk at the end of the season.

Why wait?
A goal every other game all from open play, constant threat every time he steps on the pitch and one of our players of the season so far - you can already collect

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4906 on: December 23, 2022, 09:34:12 am »
What's his ratio of goals and assists vs his expected G/A?  And how does that compare to others at the top end?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4907 on: December 23, 2022, 09:36:57 am »
Suarez always missed lots of good chances himself. He wasn't a natural finisher and couldn't finish until it all came together around 12/13 time. Cristiano Ronaldo another one who always missed easy chances but he got that many of them he'd always get his goal and failing that he'd fall down for a pen and score that way. Cavani the same.

Nunez is similar, he has the knack of getting a lot of chances and when he's in the groove he can go on a real run. Haaland is more of that Gerd Muller type poacher/natural goalscorer. Nunez isn't a Fowler in that sense but neither was Suarez.
At some point last season when Jota/Salah/Mane where the top goal scorers they where also at the top of most big chances misses.
He had a not good shooting night, expect to him improve that at his time at Liverpool

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #4908 on: December 23, 2022, 09:40:03 am »
He makes scoring look incredibly difficult.
I don’t understand this. He’s scored 9 this season already. At 23 he’s scored around 1 in 2.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4909 on: December 23, 2022, 09:40:43 am »
He's already scored quite a few goals for someone who doesn't seem to shoot with any real conviction or confidence in his own ability. He'd be scary if he developed that.

Just need to wait and see how he gets on. If it all clicks he could really explode.

But for the time being, even if he carries on at the current rate he'll be no failure.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4910 on: December 23, 2022, 09:41:31 am »
What's his ratio of goals and assists vs his expected G/A?  And how does that compare to others at the top end?

Everyone’s is about the same (over time) that’s why they call it expected goals :)

He’s shot lights out at benfica last season, a tiny notch above par for us so far in the league (from fb ref)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4911 on: December 23, 2022, 09:44:17 am »
I think he has looked really good but we could really do with some increased numbers from both him and Salah who are on 5 and 6 league goals respectively. If he can get anywhere near the 15 league goal mark then we should comfortably finish top four.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4912 on: December 23, 2022, 09:48:27 am »
He's not a natural finisher. We all know that. And his finishing was poor last night, but as long as he keeps getting in those positions the goals will come. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he scored 20 goals in all comps for us this season. Which wouldn't be a terrible return.

I remember Suarez the season before he exploded hitting the woodwork a ridiculous amount of times. So try and be patient with the lad. That's not me saying he's anywhere near Luis' level, by the way.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4913 on: December 23, 2022, 09:48:36 am »
I think he has looked really good but we could really do with some increased numbers from both him and Salah who are on 5 and 6 league goals respectively. If he can get anywhere near the 15 league goal mark then we should comfortably finish top four.
Nunez just needs to play more. He's not even played 7 league games worth of minutes.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4914 on: December 23, 2022, 09:50:23 am »
He's not a natural finisher. We all know that. And his finishing was poor last night, but as long as he keeps getting in those positions the goals will come. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he scored 20 goals in all comps for us this season. Which wouldn't be a terrible return.

I remember Suarez the season before he exploded hitting the woodwork a ridiculous amount of times. So try and be patient with the lad. That's not me saying he's anywhere near Luis' level, by the way.
20 league goals would be an incredible return given how bad we've been and that he doesn't take penalties.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4915 on: December 23, 2022, 09:50:32 am »
Nunez just needs to play more. He's not even played 7 league games worth of minutes.

True, like I said I think he had looked good. But now we really need to see conversion of goals, wins for the team etc. We have had our break, if we want to do anything this season then any notion of excuses need to stop.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4916 on: December 23, 2022, 09:51:07 am »
20 league goals would be an incredible return given how bad we've been and that he doesn't take penalties.

20 in all comps. 20 in the league is an impossible ask.

12 league goals with 15 being amazing.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 09:53:33 am by killer-heels »

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4917 on: December 23, 2022, 09:53:09 am »

I said all comps mate. He's got 9 already. 20 in all comps is easily achievable.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4918 on: December 23, 2022, 09:54:25 am »
I said all comps mate. He's got 9 already. 20 in all comps is easily achievable.
Ah right fair enough missed that haha. Yeah should get that if he gets the minutes

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #4919 on: December 23, 2022, 09:57:03 am »
I know Salah hit the ground running for us and broke records in his first season but people seem to forget how many he missed that season.

If his finishing was on point in that 17/18 season he could have scored another 20 in all comps.

Seemed to miss 1 or 2 sitters every week.

Darwin's going to be fine.