Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 600557 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #3560 on: November 25, 2019, 11:46:57 pm »
Trattoria 51 on Old Hall mate. Been loads as right by where I live and always top quality food. Bacaro is boss though.

When I work in Sowey I pick up from the Trattoria there. The Polish girl who works there is well fit ,  friendly and calls me darling . Iam in love  ;D. Funny thing is this. If a job comes up from there that will take me from Lord Street to past Hillside I'll accept it just to flirt with her and to hear her call me darling. She has dimples too  ;D

If Deliveroo want to sort out the problem of people not accepting long jobs then surely this is the answer.

Have I mentioned the dimples yet ?  ;D
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #3561 on: November 26, 2019, 07:54:18 am »
Sorting a meal for my daughter, she wants Italian, it's a celebration meal, San Carlo foods ok but too many second rate grafters on work nights out, bacaro probably favourite but been there a few times, italian fish club, the same, any suggestions from the young hipsters about town

i like Casa Italia on Stanley Street

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3562 on: November 26, 2019, 08:47:45 am »
Sorting a meal for my daughter, she wants Italian, it's a celebration meal, San Carlo foods ok but too many second rate grafters on work nights out, bacaro probably favourite but been there a few times, italian fish club, the same, any suggestions from the young hipsters about town

If it has to be in town then I’d also agree on ginodcampo or salt house bacaro , if you can do the outskirts then the one on Aigburth Road Etalia is good for a celebration .Apparently been closed and renovated though I don’t know why as it didn’t look like it needed it and may have changed its name too .

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3563 on: November 26, 2019, 11:24:24 am »
i like Casa Italia on Stanley Street

Another vote for Casa Italia from me.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3564 on: November 27, 2019, 01:34:19 am »
Thanks for replies been to trattoria, casa italia, enjoy them but was looking for something different, do want it to be in town so rules out Etalia never been to ginos as I thought it was a bit of a chain, like jamie Oliver's. But Kesey has made me think. Thanks everyone

Go to the Southport one.

She has dimples .    ;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3565 on: November 27, 2019, 01:41:40 am »
^ Not even the one I mentioned. Tired from work.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3566 on: November 29, 2019, 08:04:32 am »
Went to Bacaro on Castle Street last night - not been before but heard good things.

It was on the whole, excellent.

My girlfriend and I shared 6 plates:

Blue cheese and potato mini pizza.
Garlic and parmesan fries
Lasagne
Fish platter (calamari, prawns, courgettes)
Octopus and avocado
Chicken Milanese.

Then we shared a sticky toffee pudding and tirimisu.

Had a bottle of red as well.

It was 40 quid per head with tip but the quality was excellent.

The only dish I thought wasnt worth the money was the octopus - very small and style over substance IMO.

The pizzas are a little overpriced I feel for the size of them but it was really flavoursome.

The dessert was outstanding.

Would definitely go back.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3567 on: November 29, 2019, 10:12:35 am »
Another vote for Casa Italia from me.

I first went to the Casa just before the '77 European Cup Final and walked past it the other afternoon about 1700. And people were queuing in the rain to get in so it's certainly a stayer.

And I'd recommend Trattoria 51. Gino's a bit more upmarket if you want to make an impression.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3568 on: November 30, 2019, 12:10:46 pm »
I had a day in Liverpool in the summer, June 27th it was a a beautiful warm sunny day.

We had our dinner (lunch if you speak posh) at the double decker bus diner at Albert Dock then about 3 hours later had coffee and cake at the Fab Four cafe which was near the river.   :thumbup

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3569 on: December 2, 2019, 09:53:47 am »
Il Forno is the best in town for me.

Amalia might be a good choice if they are younger, pizza in there is unreal and was voted best in the country.

I've been to Gino's 2-3 times, the bar/restaurant is nice as a whole but I think the food is overrated compared to others in town given the price of the menu.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2019, 09:55:42 am by Scouser-Tommy »

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3570 on: December 2, 2019, 04:47:12 pm »
Spoilt for choice for Italians really.

Though I thought Gino's was disappointing and San Carlo is so ridiculously overrated and service was crap both times I went.

We've always been Villa Romana on Wood Street for years, foods always top notch and new owners have spent a bit of money on the place. Bacaro at lunchtime was really nice for a relaxing lunch, great selection of small plates. Amalia is decent too.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3571 on: December 2, 2019, 10:35:25 pm »
Spoilt for choice for Italians really.

Though I thought Gino's was disappointing and San Carlo is so ridiculously overrated and service was crap both times I went.

We've always been Villa Romana on Wood Street for years, foods always top notch and new owners have spent a bit of money on the place. Bacaro at lunchtime was really nice for a relaxing lunch, great selection of small plates. Amalia is decent too.

Last time I went to San Carlo with my wife we must have had three or four waiters continually coming over. Really over the top.

Haven't been to Romano for a few years but went to the new Trattoria 51 in Whitechapel the other night. Well worth a visit.

Online Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3572 on: December 2, 2019, 11:13:13 pm »
Moor Hall again at the weekend [finally!] for first visit since he got his second Michelin star.

Bloody hell - the place has actually managed to go up a notch or two from the sublime level it was already at.

Truly exceptional food, with great and very friendly and attentive waiting staff.

Really informal atmosphere - much better vibe than in any other 2 star places we've eaten in.

We'd had 5 different snacks/appetisers before the 8 course menu even started, and the quality of each was fantastic. They've also made an effort to engage the diners more - you get to visit the kitchen to try one of the appetisers and watch them preparing the menu, and various courses are assembled and explained at the table.

The wine flight is also exceptional - 8 really excellent and diverse wines, which were very well chosen for each course.

Its really expensive, but for a landmark occasion, its a memorable and very enjoyable place to go. Very lucky to have a place like this 15 minutes from ours!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3573 on: December 3, 2019, 12:38:36 am »
Still haven’t visited there. Was gutted as my old place was a 5 min walk from it but I sold it a month or so before it opened.

Online Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3574 on: December 3, 2019, 01:12:35 am »
Ha you must have lived near my mates- their place is on the other side of the field which backs onto it.

First time we visited Moor Hall we went as part of a group of 8. They met us there and brought some wellies with them to walk home in  :)

Its well worth a visit mate - if you're paying that much for food, then the taxi fare from Liverpool is a mere bagatelle.

Keep an eye out on Facebook. I'm not on there myself but the Mrs said they quite often put up last minute cheapo deals including a night in one of their rooms if they've had a cancellation. Apparently one was advertised recently for a Saturday with a couple of hundred quid off the list price - The message said that the next time they have a room available for a Saturday night with a reservation for the main restaurant is April 2020.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3575 on: December 3, 2019, 03:05:56 am »
Yeah I wouldn’t have been far, lived on Prescot Rd near the white church if you’re coming from Kirkby way. Basically looked over that field you’re on about!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3576 on: December 3, 2019, 09:02:51 am »
Booked into Mowgli for New Years Eve

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3577 on: December 3, 2019, 11:34:55 am »
Another nice meal at Gustum on Rose Lane on Saturday - never been let down in there and it's our go to now for a large group, they coped well again with 16 of us plus 3 kids. Food great as usual.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3578 on: December 4, 2019, 08:16:16 am »
Booked into Mowgli for New Years Eve

Lucky twat.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3579 on: December 4, 2019, 04:44:27 pm »
Another visit to Belzan  the weekend before last.

Still doing great things there -  a very civilised 3+ hours spent drinking very good beer whilst grazing our way through most of the menu.

Boss lads afternoon out that!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3580 on: December 5, 2019, 12:16:19 pm »
I've booked Mowgli on 28th before going to see something at the Phil. I've booked Mowgli for 1800 and need to be at the Phil for around 1930 - is that enough time? Not been before, but thinking I should move it forward [but equally not sure whether to move it forward by an hour or just half an hour....]....tips appreciated.....
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3581 on: December 5, 2019, 12:20:53 pm »
It tends to be fairly quick but you may want to move it a little just so you're not rushing.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3582 on: December 5, 2019, 12:27:25 pm »
It tends to be fairly quick but you may want to move it a little just so you're not rushing.

Cheers pal.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3583 on: December 5, 2019, 12:30:13 pm »
It's designed as street food and even says on the menu that food arrives when it's ready (so don't expect food to arrive in order)

That being said when we booked for new years they are only giving us a 90 min window once sat down so you may be fine

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3584 on: December 5, 2019, 03:34:37 pm »
I've booked Mowgli on 28th before going to see something at the Phil. I've booked Mowgli for 1800 and need to be at the Phil for around 1930 - is that enough time? Not been before, but thinking I should move it forward [but equally not sure whether to move it forward by an hour or just half an hour....]....tips appreciated.....
Should be well enough time, my tip is to order to chat bombs to share with your starters!

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #3585 on: December 5, 2019, 04:00:33 pm »
Should be well enough time, my tip is to order to chat bombs to share with your starters!

I moved away from Liverpool going on 3 years now, regularly check in on this thread though. You've just made me want to move back  ;D The chat bombs from Mowgli are unbelievable, probably one of the nicest things I've ever tasted!
Justice for the 97

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3586 on: December 5, 2019, 04:01:14 pm »

Should have enough time. 5 to 10 minute walk to the Phil. However if it was me I would probably give myself another 30 minutes. It is no fun being rushed and dashing off.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3587 on: December 6, 2019, 11:54:49 am »
I moved away from Liverpool going on 3 years now, regularly check in on this thread though. You've just made me want to move back  ;D The chat bombs from Mowgli are unbelievable, probably one of the nicest things I've ever tasted!
Haha they are boss aren't they, can you imagine my face when the Mrs said she wasn't a fan of them!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3588 on: December 6, 2019, 12:02:58 pm »

Prefer their cheese on toast.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3589 on: December 6, 2019, 01:03:31 pm »
I've only been to Mowgli once, and maybe the chat bombs just weren't as good as usual but I was completely underwhelmed by them. Everyone talks about them and maybe I'd built them up too much, but they were easily the worst thing out of the 7 or 8 things I tasted while I was there.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3590 on: December 6, 2019, 04:04:32 pm »
Came in here to post about Mowgli actually, went this afternoon.

Won't go back, found it overpriced and rather bland

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3591 on: December 6, 2019, 04:07:03 pm »
Bland is not something I’d describe their food as, have been 10+ times over the years and always found their food excellent.

It’s not the cheapest though, I agree with that.

I prefer Sanskruti personally, but both are very good.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3592 on: December 6, 2019, 11:16:38 pm »
Visited Mowgli last Friday and again on the Sunday.
Thought it was fantastic, really enjoyed the chat bombs.

When I went I don't think I was in there for anymore than 90 minutes, that was with a starter, a main course, and a few drinks.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Only Me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3593 on: December 7, 2019, 05:10:38 pm »
For those into their vegetarian/vegan fare, that LIV food market and café at the bottom of Bold St is boss.

Not shopped in the market part itself, but the food on sale in the café is fresh, tasty, and very good value.

Highly recommended if you're in that part of town.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3594 on: December 7, 2019, 08:33:15 pm »
Came in here to post about Mowgli actually, went this afternoon.

Won't go back, found it overpriced and rather bland

I tend to agree.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3595 on: December 8, 2019, 06:05:38 pm »
Had a burger in Slims at the top of Bold St last night. It was fantastic, as were their onion rings.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3596 on: December 9, 2019, 10:17:33 am »
If there was one word not to describe Mowgli, it would be bland but each to their own suppose.

We went to Kassap Meat House on Bold Street over the weekend and will be going back, steak was really good plus good service always helps.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3597 on: December 9, 2019, 07:12:39 pm »
Anyone know of any good vegetarian restaurants in town, or a good non-veggie one with a decent vegetarian selection on the menu?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3598 on: December 9, 2019, 07:25:21 pm »
Any particular type of food? Sanskruti is excellent.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #3599 on: December 9, 2019, 07:31:42 pm »
Anyone know of any good vegetarian restaurants in town, or a good non-veggie one with a decent vegetarian selection on the menu?
Wasn't impressed by Bundobust in Manchester but everyone raves about it...even carnivores.

Went to Leaf the other day and enjoyed it, busy though it was. Never been to music nights though.