Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 336851 times)

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1280 on: November 2, 2016, 11:07:11 am »
Jesus christ. Got to feel for the lad. Terrible for the lad most of all but terrible for the club as well as he his price just went from £20m to £5m. Nobody will go near a lad who's missed two seasons in a row.

Seriously, who gives a fucking shit about how much money we make as a club with regards to this? I don't. Back to back injuries like this makes me just feel so sorry for Ings as fuck knows how he must be feeling. Absolutely gutted.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1281 on: November 2, 2016, 11:07:25 am »
devastating news for Danny, he knows how much more hard work is ahead of him with no guarantee of first team footy
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #1282 on: November 2, 2016, 11:07:48 am »
He had knee problems at Burnley too.

He started the 2012–13 season as a first choice regular in pre-season following the sale of striker Jay Rodriguez to Southampton. He scored in friendly wins over Altrincham and Bury.[36][37] He suffered another serious knee injury in the final pre-season game, a 3–1 defeat to Rochdale. He tore the knee cartilage in the opposite knee to the previous season which resulted in surgery, keeping him out of action for up to six months.

Gutted for the lad.

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1283 on: November 2, 2016, 11:11:20 am »
Was it when he tried to put that last ditch cross in you reckon? Looked quite awkward when he did that. I know he also got battered by the Spurs players a bit.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1284 on: November 2, 2016, 11:11:30 am »
He had knee problems at Burnley too.

He started the 2012–13 season as a first choice regular in pre-season following the sale of striker Jay Rodriguez to Southampton. He scored in friendly wins over Altrincham and Bury.[36][37] He suffered another serious knee injury in the final pre-season game, a 3–1 defeat to Rochdale. He tore the knee cartilage in the opposite knee to the previous season which resulted in surgery, keeping him out of action for up to six months.

Gutted for the lad.

This was the first thing I thought of. He's only 23 yet has had many major knee injuries. It's not a good sign for his career in general, never mind with us. Ings is a great lad and a really good player. He's worked his backside off to get back fit and now this happens. I really feel for him.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1285 on: November 2, 2016, 11:13:39 am »
Poor bloke.  All that hard work to get back to fitness and after one cameo role he's back to square one.  He must he devastated. Hope his recovery goes well.

Offline CoventryYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #1286 on: November 2, 2016, 11:14:19 am »
Was it Lucas who had back to back season injuries in his early time with us? I know they're different positions but it proves it's not impossible to recover. Anyone who has done their knee knows how heartbreaking it can be at any level, let alone playing as a professional.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1287 on: November 2, 2016, 11:14:56 am »
Jesus christ. Got to feel for the lad. Terrible for the lad most of all but terrible for the club as well as he his price just went from £20m to £5m. Nobody will go near a lad who's missed two seasons in a row.
Strange comment that re the money we would get for a transfer !
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1288 on: November 2, 2016, 11:17:47 am »
This is fucking shit. Only way I can put it, absolutely gutted for him, he has been a true professional, got his head down, worked really hard with U-23 squad and finally got out there (nearly on the score sheet too) and then this.

Absolutely Gutted for him.

Come back stronger, Danny! YNWA!

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1289 on: November 2, 2016, 11:18:56 am »
Just saw this.

What to say?.. Terrible blow for the lad..
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: November 2, 2016, 11:19:20 am »
Poor bugger.

God knows if he'll ever get the opportunity to get his lfc career going.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1291 on: November 2, 2016, 11:19:29 am »
Some players seem to be cursed, he'll have hardly kicked a ball for the senior team in two years by the time he's back. Might not even be with us for long next year. Some things are just not meant to be and this looks like one. Missing two years in his prime because of injury, he'll never get over that.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #1292 on: November 2, 2016, 11:21:01 am »
You're a fisherman, no doubt about that.
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: November 2, 2016, 11:22:56 am »
That's the last we will see of him in a red shirt. Unlucky for him.
Bit premature that need to be a bit more understanding.

Offline Coat Of Arms

• Main Stander
  • Some men just want to watch the Woodburn
« Reply #1294 on: November 2, 2016, 11:25:33 am »
Gutted for him, was really looking forward to seeing him play this season.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1295 on: November 2, 2016, 11:26:01 am »
That's a shame. Feel sorry for him. He was clearly part of klopp thought as a squad player and I'm sure if one of our other strikers got injured he'd have made the bench. Klopp clearly rates him considering we knocked back 20 million for him in the summer

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #1296 on: November 2, 2016, 11:26:28 am »
I'm lost for words. Keep your chin up lad.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1297 on: November 2, 2016, 11:33:42 am »
that's absolutely terrible news! feel sorry for the lad and i do worry about his career now. Having both knees done in and being forced to miss almost what 2 years of football now? that's an absolute bastard.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: November 2, 2016, 11:35:12 am »
So unfortunate, I feel really sorry for him. Pretty much two years lost playing as a pro, although he sounds positive and strong enough to get through this. Let's hope the issues are resolved once and for all and he can continue playing, I think that's the biggest concern with knee injuries.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1299 on: November 2, 2016, 11:39:32 am »
Speechless and gutted for the lad.

He's had horrendous luck but the only positive is his age.

He has time on his side to hopefully recover from these injuries and put them behind him once and for all.

He's definitely good enough to start from scratch and come back to professional football when he's ready.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: November 2, 2016, 11:40:59 am »
Bit premature that need to be a bit more understanding.

I doubt it. He won't be back until next season, which hopefully we've put a very good account for ourselves in this league season and hopefully in top tier European competition next one. We need to build on what we have by buying Champions League quality players, and getting rid of the weaker players. Carrying a injury prone, above average striker is unnecessary. Harsh, but that's football for the top clubs who want to win stuff.  He'll have a career with a club below us, there is no shame in that. Life goes on.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1301 on: November 2, 2016, 11:41:49 am »
Fuck sake that's horrible for him.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1302 on: November 2, 2016, 11:44:50 am »
damn. Poor guy....

he would have been used this season at some point, im sure of it

Hope his recovery is speedy and he will not get too disheartened by this
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1303 on: November 2, 2016, 11:45:09 am »
Thats just bollocks that is.
So fucking unlucky & shitty for the lad,JK says he is mentally strong whuch will be very important.
Get well soon Danny & you will get back stronger than ever.
YNWA.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: November 2, 2016, 11:46:54 am »
I doubt it. He won't be back until next season, which hopefully we've put a very good account for ourselves in this league season and hopefully in top tier European competition next one. We need to build on what we have by buying Champions League quality players, and getting rid of the weaker players. Carrying a injury prone, above average striker is unnecessary. Harsh, but that's football for the top clubs who want to win stuff.  He'll have a career with a club below us, there is no shame in that. Life goes on.
I understand what you say still think a bit premature tho that's my opinion and you have yours.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: November 2, 2016, 11:47:31 am »
I understand what you say still think a bit premature tho that's my opinion and you have yours.

Fair enough. :)
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: November 2, 2016, 11:49:32 am »
Do think he'll probably struggle to play for us again after this but given how he recovered from the last one and his generally outstanding attitude - well, if anybody can do it it's probably Ings. He's still only young, if he can overcome this and then maintain a clean bill of health he's still got a lot to offer for years to come.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: November 2, 2016, 11:51:45 am »
Gutted for him.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline AshLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #1308 on: November 2, 2016, 11:54:38 am »
Gutted for the lad. Real shame. I think it'd be hard to resurrect his reds career after this but here's hoping.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1309 on: November 2, 2016, 11:56:16 am »
Get well soon Danny ... Gutted for you son
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: November 2, 2016, 11:57:38 am »
What shitty luck. Just an impact wasn't it? Trying to win the ball back, does nothing wrong, it was nothing different to what anyone else has done this season and it puts him out for another 7 months. You have to feel for him, the lad just wants to play football.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1311 on: November 2, 2016, 11:58:16 am »
 :'(

Bastard of a thing to happen, hope he's not too down about it

Get well soon Danny

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #1312 on: November 2, 2016, 11:59:24 am »
So it's not even the knee he hurt last season. Fuck sake this lad has no luck.

A shame he can't get any luck because it's lads like him - who work hard - who deserve it. Back to back seasons injured at 23/24 is going to hurt the lad so much in his development.   

Believe

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #1313 on: November 2, 2016, 11:59:43 am »
Every time I saw him - as few times as it was, unfortunately - he worked like a maniac on our behalf, doing everything he could through hustle and honest hard work to help us. You have to love a guy like that. You have to appreciate a guy like that.

Fuck these injuries, Danny Boy - YNWA

He's one of us, surely.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1314 on: November 2, 2016, 12:05:05 pm »
Danny Ings ruled out for the season!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/02/liverpool-blow-as-danny-ings-ruled-out-for-rest-of-the-season/

Liverpool striker Danny Ings has suffered another devastating blow to his career with a knee injury ruling him out for the season.

Ings missed most of last year with a cruciate knee problem and was still working his way back to full fitness.

Now his hopes of breaking into Jurgen Klopp's first team are over for the rest of the campaign. He is undergoing surgery in London after picking up the latest injury during his side’s victory over Spurs in the League Cup last week.
Dreadful news. Genuinely feel for the guy, both on a professional and personal level. Was just starting to knock on the door after almost a year out and gets slapped in the chops with this. Understandable if things go a bit dark with him, just hope he's able to shake it off and go again!

He's a fighter though, make no mistake, we'll see him back and hear the Kop chant his name again 8)

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #1315 on: November 2, 2016, 12:07:14 pm »
Awful news, can't imagine what he is feeling like right now.

He was looking good against Tottenham last week and unlucky not to score, such a shame that is his last action of the season.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1316 on: November 2, 2016, 12:07:15 pm »
can't believe his luck. Been waiting all season for him to get a chance, gave us a totally different option.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: November 2, 2016, 12:13:26 pm »
Really gutted about this. When you read about and see how much good work he does off the pitch you can't help but will him to succeed. Not arsed whether his valuation has plummeted, I just hope he can come back from this and get back to playing football at the top level.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2016, 12:16:01 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1318 on: November 2, 2016, 12:15:59 pm »
Really horrible news, comes across so well off the pitch. Just hope it's somehow a faster recovery than what's feared.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: November 2, 2016, 12:17:37 pm »
Get well soon Danny, such a kick in the balls for the lad. Such a shame as he is such a likeable bloke, one of the good guys.
Hopefully the 9 months is precautionary as that will eat into next pre season.
Cant wait for him to score again for us, that will be a special moment for him.