Author Topic: Three Body Problem (Netflix)  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: Three Body Problem (Netflix)
« Reply #40 on: April 8, 2024, 04:41:48 pm »
Benedict Wong was great and always is.

Show was alright but got a bit meh towards the end, started skipping just to wrap it up.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2024, 04:43:32 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: April 9, 2024, 01:30:22 pm »
Watched all but the last one now. To be honest, I expected a dip in quality after the insane episode 5 based on some of the previous posts here but I really enjoyed eps 6 and 7 (has anyone seen a ropey movie called Ghost Ship? Its pretty bad but has an incredible opening 10 minutes that is reminiscent of the Panama Canal scene).

As for the actors, I think they are all fine.

I think this show does the best job of straddling sci-fi and actual real physics that I have seen. The only two stretches are the nano-fibers and the hibernation machine but I can live with that. I also read something about nuclear-pulse propulsion years ago so that to me is fair game.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2024, 11:01:40 am »
Watched all but the last one now. To be honest, I expected a dip in quality after the insane episode 5 based on some of the previous posts here but I really enjoyed eps 6 and 7 (has anyone seen a ropey movie called Ghost Ship? Its pretty bad but has an incredible opening 10 minutes that is reminiscent of the Panama Canal scene).

As for the actors, I think they are all fine.

I think this show does the best job of straddling sci-fi and actual real physics that I have seen. The only two stretches are the nano-fibers and the hibernation machine but I can live with that. I also read something about nuclear-pulse propulsion years ago so that to me is fair game.
But how did they get the nuclear bombs all the way along the route in advance of the very fast fingy?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2024, 01:54:57 pm »
But how did they get the nuclear bombs all the way along the route in advance of the very fast fingy?

It wasn’t all the way along, just in out solar system. The scientist, when suggesting it, just did a shitty job. When they actually showed it, they were only a couple of minutes apart.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2024, 12:50:49 pm »
But, then we get into the tangle of the human stories they want to tell and in short i couldn't give a shit about them and didn't find any of them remotely interesting apart from the thread linked to to the culture revolution in china, which i did find compelling (it's like that part was written by a good writer and the rest, well... wasn't)
Agreed. Don't really care for any of these characters, apart from the one with the Cultural Revolution-background...

Spoiler
And she got killed at the end.
[close]

They weren't in the books apparently?
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington