Author Topic: international memberships discontinued  (Read 500 times)

Offline Sevens and Eights

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
international memberships discontinued
« on: Yesterday at 03:52:00 pm »
I was unpleasantly surprised at this email from LFC this morning... they are discontinuing the international membership? and the new cost would be for me $80 cdn?

"Unfortunately, the International Membership which you are currently on, will be discontinued from next season.  As one global football family we are offering one type of Membership, wherever you are in the world so that you can receive the same benefits as UK fans.
If you wish to renew your Official Membership you can upgrade on to Full Membership, this will have all the benefits of your previous International Membership plus much more.
Official Full Membership costs £45.99, but if you upgrade this season a £10 "

Ive been an international member for over 20 years now. and i do not see the reasons for this, other than a cash grab, because lets be honest, i do not benefit from the perks of a local membership like the people that live in the UK... and that hike in rates? is insane.  :no

What the hell is going on around here? im so frusterated.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: international memberships discontinued
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 03:59:42 pm »
What was the price previously and what benefits came with the international membership?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sevens and Eights

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
Re: international memberships discontinued
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 04:22:43 pm »
It was closer to $40 CDN... definitely cheaper than the full or even the light membership... i"d have to look as its always been on auto renew.
the perks were like a full membership, access to the web site, discount at the online store, etc.. but we just didn't have ticket access, for member ticket allocation, like late availability tickets, access to the auto cup, etc.
we would also get an official digital match day program, and discount to MYLFC TV

it made the most common sense for anyone international.