The Liverpool FC Forum > RAWK Announcements, Feedback & Questions

RAWK FAQs & Posting Guidelines: Everything You Every Wanted to Know About RAWK, But Were Too Afraid

<< < (3/18) > >>

Veinticinco de Mayo:

--- Quote from: shelovesyou on March  6, 2012, 09:38:51 pm ---This. I previously mentioned soon after the good Dr. was banned that for me, this was a tad over the top.
I of course understand the slagging off of Mods on this very forum wont be tolerated but to try and police member's Twitter's makes me feel very uneasy.

--- End quote ---

Without looking at specific cases we have no desire to attempt to police Twitter.  Bloody hell, we've got quite enough on moderating this place, and this is like a library as compared to the shit on Twitter.

Ada069:
would love it if you took a harder line, especially with people being overly dickish to fellow fans with 24 hour ban, again with a week then just perma them out. I miss the matchday threads but I can understand why they are now locked.

I agree with the changes. (No, I'm not sucking up)

Veinticinco de Mayo:

--- Quote from: J-Mc- on March  6, 2012, 09:31:46 pm ---Can I recommend that the mod who issued the ban attach their username to the ban message then? So as posters know who to get in touch with to sort everything out through the RAWK Editor e-mail?

--- End quote ---

Cheers mate - we'll discuss that in the staff room.  However I would say that we make decisions as a team and if you email about your ban then the email will be discussed and then person who issued the ban will get to see it.

shelovesyou:

--- Quote from: Veinticinco de Mayo on March  6, 2012, 09:47:14 pm ---Without looking at specific cases we have no desire to attempt to police Twitter.  Bloody hell, we've got quite enough on moderating this place, and this is like a library as compared to the shit on Twitter.

--- End quote ---

Im sure you have, but for me that Dr. Manhatten episode crossed a line in terms of Moderation.
Its your forum and we all have to abide by the rules, still makes some feel uneasy.
Cheers.

Veinticinco de Mayo:

--- Quote from: shelovesyou on March  6, 2012, 10:04:17 pm ---Im sure you have, but for me that Dr. Manhatten episode crossed a line in terms of Moderation.
Its your forum and we all have to abide by the rules, still makes some feel uneasy.
Cheers.

--- End quote ---

Hmmm.  It's Ben's forum.  Or it's our forum.  All of us.  The rules only exist in so much as we feel they are needed for the site to run smoothly.

As usual we don't comment publicly on individual cases so I am not going to comment on recent bans.

The new clause is included for clarification.  To the best of my knowledge you can probaably count the number of cases like that on one hand in all my time as a mod.  The last case I can remember where someone was banned for things outside of RAWK was someone who had a Facebook page on which he was both openly racist and advertised his membership of this site.

As I said we are not planning on attempting to police anywhere other than here.  However there may be rare occasions where things are brought to our attention which makes a posters position on RAWK untenable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version