The Liverpool FC Forum > The Boozer

Vegetarian/Vegan recipes for everyone

(1/12) > >>

reddebs:
Following on from posts in the climate change thread regarding changing our diets and some great recommendations for recipe books to get, I thought maybe some of our non meat eating members could also give us some of their go to recipes too.

As a meat eater I try to have a non meat/fish day occasionally but there's only so many risottos, spicy bean stews or vegetable curries you can make before getting bored so I'm after some inspiration.

sheepfest:

--- Quote from: reddebs on January 20, 2023, 07:09:54 pm ---Following on from posts in the climate change thread regarding changing our diets and some great recommendations for recipe books to get, I thought maybe some of our non meat eating members could also give us some of their go to recipes too.

As a meat eater I try to have a non meat/fish day occasionally but there's only so many risottos, spicy bean stews or vegetable curries you can make before getting bored so I'm after some inspiration.

--- End quote ---
This is a base mix I use to dive off into other recipes. Make several trays in the oven of roasted veg using peppers, courgettes, onions, aubergine, sweet potato, carrots etc with basic seasoning. After that put the veg into different meals. Roast veg lasagne with tomato and basil sauce. Add spinach for stuffed cannelloni pasta or blitz with toasted pine nuts and basil.  Away from pastas add mexican spices like cumin and cayenne pepper, kidney beans/cannellini beans to the veg with tomatoes to make enchiladas. Add roasted veg to rice for a jambalaya type mix with veggie sausages. Baked eggs using the veg and tomatoes with asparagus as your soldiers to dip in the egg.

reddebs:

--- Quote from: sheepfest on January 20, 2023, 10:20:27 pm ---This is a base mix I use to dive off into other recipes. Make several trays in the oven of roasted veg using peppers, courgettes, onions, aubergine, sweet potato, carrots etc with basic seasoning. After that put the veg into different meals. Roast veg lasagne with tomato and basil sauce. Add spinach for stuffed cannelloni pasta or blitz with toasted pine nuts and basil.  Away from pastas add mexican spices like cumin and cayenne pepper, kidney beans/cannellini beans to the veg with tomatoes to make enchiladas. Add roasted veg to rice for a jambalaya type mix with veggie sausages.

--- End quote ---

Nice thanks.

I'd not thought to use them in that way as I use all those veg roasted for meat meals then use what's left with some veg stock to make soup. 

I guess they can be frozen once cooked to use another them another day?

sheepfest:

--- Quote from: reddebs on January 20, 2023, 10:31:51 pm ---Nice thanks.

I'd not thought to use them in that way as I use all those veg roasted for meat meals then use what's left with some veg stock to make soup. 

I guess they can be frozen once cooked to use another them another day?

--- End quote ---
Yep I freeze them although can't comment on mushrooms freezing as not a fan. They may not look the prettiest after freezing but as they are going back into a sauce etc I've not had a problem. Not a great fan of meat substitutes so this has become an alternative for me plus a great way to sneak in veg for a 3 year old and once roasted it's a quick meal.

BarryCrocker:
Veggie Brekkie Bun

Toasted Bun (brioche or potato)
Fried Egg
Sauteed large field mushroom (whole)
Caramelized fried onions
Goats cheese

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version