The Liverpool FC Forum > The Boozer

My mum is misremembering things, acting very strange, making things up...

<< < (32/36) > >>

Son of Spion:

--- Quote from: kj999 on January 24, 2023, 04:37:05 am ---Thank you everyone. Your kind words and thoughts are very helpful.
Now into the grieving process.
I never expected to be able to deal with losing my mum and I know it's early days but I just don't know what to do. Feel hollow, feel pain, feel sick, feel angry, feel sad.

--- End quote ---
As Debbs has said, all those feelings are normal. All I would suggest is not trying to fight against your feelings. It's better to accept them being a normal reaction to having your world turned upside down and inside out, then making room for them.

Making room for what comes up, and being willing to experience it despite the pain that brings, will see you work through your grief in a healthy way.

We all deal with grief in our own way. Yes, do make room for the feelings and emotions that come with it because they are part of the normal and natural process, but on a day-to-day basis, if/when you need to cry, do so. If you don't feel the need to cry, then fine. If you need to sleep 20 hours straight, do so. if you want to stay busy, do so. It's your process, and as long as you're not trying to block it all out in a dysfunctional way, just do what feels right for you.

You'll work your way through this, so try to trust in yourself and trust in your process.

Love to you. ♥️

kj999:
Today was Mum's cremation. It was a completely private, non-attended event. This was her wish, and Dad's.
We had an online event last Friday whereby people posted on mum's Facebook wall a tribute, gathered with a few friends if they wished,took some photos, and said goodbye in their own way. It was lovely to see pics and tribultes from all over the place. We already told everyone that mum's cremation would be a completely private, non-attended event. It was at 8.30am this morning. I simply lit a candle, sat in my garden in Bali, held my fiancee and my cat (my mum loved my cat, Kolo, she called him her 'Grandcat' coz I don't have any kids...) sang YNWA and then had a minutes silence, the three of us, thousands of miles away... and said our final goodbye.

Rest in Peace, Mum.
Forever in our hearts.

.adam:
Sending much love your way mate. YNWA and RIP to your Mum.

Saltashscouse:
 Thinking of you mate , no words can ease your grief and pain but things get  a little easier as life goes on .
YNWA is never more apt   :'(

El Lobo:
Sounds like she had the send-off she wanted :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version