The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

Elon Musk

<< < (226/267) > >>

thejbs:

--- Quote from: TepidT2O on February  5, 2023, 07:11:20 pm ---Knobs.

I much prefer them to a touch screen.

You can feel a knob whilst driving, but on a touch screen you have to take your eyes off the road.

--- End quote ---

Love a good knob. The i4 still has a nice big knob.

And all the touchscreen gubbins isn’t motivated by improving the driving experience, but rather to cut costs.

Another big downer for Tesla (at least in the ones I drove last year) is no CarPlay support. I use it all the time in my car.

TepidT2O:

--- Quote from: thejbs on February  5, 2023, 07:43:47 pm ---Love a good knob. The i4 still has a nice big knob.

And all the touchscreen gubbins isn’t motivated by improving the driving experience, but rather to cut costs.

Another big downer for Tesla (at least in the ones I drove last year) is no CarPlay support. I use it all the time in my car.

--- End quote ---
No car play?????!!!!

Well that’s my entertainment gone, my maps gone, messages and phone too.

It’s way better than any makers own system.

I’m out (can’t afford one anyway mind ;D)

thejbs:
It could be different now, but neither car I drove had CarPlay - a 2020 model 3 and a 2022 model Y.

My car (2020 q3) has a big fat touchscreen and I use Siri and CarPlay for all the infotainment.

MBL?:
As I mentioned I was going off Irish prices which skew it wildly but if you do go off uk ones I’m assuming all of those mentioned prices don’t include delivery? Whereas Tesla does.

For instance here it is not even possible to order the lowest spec cars of a number of brands so their lowest price isn’t a real thing. I’m guessing this is the same in the uk since we are both right hand drive but I could be off there and would be happy to be proven wrong on a tactic vw group, Hyundai etc use here.

You would also need to spec them comparatively because I don’t know about any of you but spec really matters and you would have to spend thousands to spec most of them to a Tesla.

Comparing a model y which I’ve not driven but it’s supposed to be fairly poor on the road compared to the 3 to a much more expensive i4 seems ridiculous to me. Comparing the i4 to the 3 would make much more sense but even that is mad. The price is a huge difference (even more here) though so even that’s not a great comparison.

I’ve had no problems with build quality and the consensus seems to be it has greatly improved but some of the ergonomics are off in particular the wipers. The vw group cars I tested were much worse with glitchy screens and climate controls, poor interior quality, and that was only test drives there are a myriad of issues with electric cars charging and other things happening that I’ve only read about from owners.

I’ve not even mentioned Tesla charging network which is worlds ahead of anything else.

MBL?:

--- Quote from: TepidT2O on February  5, 2023, 08:07:43 pm ---No car play?????!!!!

Well that’s my entertainment gone, my maps gone, messages and phone too.

It’s way better than any makers own system.

I’m out (can’t afford one anyway mind ;D)

--- End quote ---
None of them have CarPlay or android auto. They do use google maps and will tell you how much battery you will have left after you put in the destination. Never off by more than a few % which helps new people with range anxiety.

I would definitely prefer if it had android auto though tbf. The Spotify app is shite, they just added Apple Music but I use YouTube music normally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version