The Liverpool FC Forum > Betting, Drafts and Fantasy/Prediction Leagues

Diamond Anniversary Draft (1962 - 2022)

(1/75) > >>

NICHOLLS:

Diamond Anniversary Draft (1962 - 2022)
Celebrating the last 60 years of football history, we are building a team which satisfy the following rules:
1st round:- Choose a manager to build your team around. i.e tactics, formations, player styles, philosophy. The manager must have managed a club or country between 1962-2022. A manager can only be selected once.

2nd round:- Make your first pick. A player who has NOT been managed by this manager (club or country). All subsequent picks must also not have been managed by your chosen manager.

A maximum of one player per country:- you can only pick one player per country (based on current international countries). The country will be determined by (i) what country they played for (the most caps if multiple) (i.e Davor Šuker would qualify for Croatia, Gerd Müller for Germany, Oleg Blokhin for Ukraine - any questions, please ask!) (ii) country of birth, if the player has no international appearances between 1962-2022.

Player evaluation:- 4 season peak between 1962 and 2022. When you make your pick you must state the player name and 4 season period. i.e Luis Suárez (13-17), would be seasons 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17.

Team evaluation:- Well-chosen players and tactics that execute the manager's philosophy the best should be valued more than a team full of big names that don't.

Pick deadline:- 2 hour pick deadline between 9am - midnight. Please leave your pick/shortlist with another manager if you're going to be offline for long periods.

Who wants to play?  8)

Managers and teams

Philanthropist
Betty Blue
RobbieRedman
NICHOLLS1986
El Lobo
Crosby Nick
Hazell
Samie
Lastrador
JordanTremenderson
Sheer Magnetism
vivabobbygraham

Sheer Magnetism:
I like the idea of this draft but I'm off for a week and a bit from Friday so not sure if I'll be able to pay much attention.

El Lobo:
 :wave

Crosby Nick:

--- Quote from: Sheer Magnetism on October 24, 2022, 03:59:16 pm ---I like the idea of this draft but I'm off for a week and a bit from Friday so not sure if I'll be able to pay much attention.

--- End quote ---

I’m also on holiday from Saturday so am out for this one. Draft is for work time! Won’t be around enough to pick and feels like one that will need a bit of planning. Happy to be a number 2 for someone if required.

vivabobbygraham:
Up to my eyes in work for the next week and a bit but would love to play. Deep shit. I love it. Can you delay a week or two?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version