The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

Labour Thread

<< < (2/1023) > >>

Dr. Beaker:

--- Quote from: TepidT2O on October 11, 2022, 01:19:09 pm ---There was nothing wrong with Flappy bird

--- End quote ---
So is that what they call Dodo nowadays. I don't even want to know why.

ianburns252:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/11/keir-starmer-chief-of-staff-labour-election-restructuring

Most interesting quote in the article being that they can't be "complacent or cautious".

As it states in there it was often an accusation aimed at Starmer and it seems like he is owning that a bit and will come out of it in a more aggressive manner which will hopefully help turn some heads.

Wabaloolah:

--- Quote from: Byrnee on October 11, 2022, 12:40:53 pm ---Surely we can do it. Opinions vary but we surely need a place to discuss the party that could actually be in power in 2 years and the important moves they are making now.

Starting discussion with Sam Tarry; https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/11/sam-tarry-calls-for-vote-audit-deselection-mp-jas-athwal

This seems such a mess for multiple reasons but it's highly concerning to have people on the left now echoing Trump's call for election audits when they lose. Especially when there is a clear winner, and a returning popular candidate who was only deselected due to some nefarious/ unfortunately timed allegations.

--- End quote ---
not a good place to start if you want to keep the thread open

Byrnee:

--- Quote from: Elmo! on October 11, 2022, 01:09:35 pm ---Starting off a new Labour thread with a complain about the behaviour of the left...

--- End quote ---

Well except I'm including every Labour supporter as the left because we are. Centre left or far left. All left. People can claim red Tories or nonsense like that but the policy beliefs don't back it up.

I'm saying that the right are questioning election results and it's causing problems all over the world I don't think people on the left should also be promoting conspiracy theories and distrust of elections in general.

KillieRed:

--- Quote from: WhereAngelsPlay on October 11, 2022, 01:16:54 pm ---I want Labour to promise to get to the bottom of how an app that never worked cost us tens of billions.

--- End quote ---

Yep, and the loans to friends and families. All done under the cover of helping the nation when it was at it`s lowest ebb for decades. I would ask why this hasn`t become a massive scandal and on the front pages all the time, but you just need to look at the front pages to see what their owners and editors are really scared of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version