The Liverpool FC Forum > News and Current Affairs

Fuel & energy prices

<< < (2/487) > >>

Nobby Reserve:
Saying that, I'm pleased to have struck lucky on my current energy provider.

Looked to move providers last summer and was in the process of moving to a cheaper provider but hesitated a couple of days and they rescinded that price plan; this was at the time when prices were beginning to climb. Ended up moving to E-On (badged as Sainsburys) on a two-year fixed that was more than I'd been paying with my last fixed price deal, but was the best price then available. Just got the deal tied up when the shit hit the fan and loads of smaller companies - including the one I'd intended to move to - went bust, and all deals were jibbed-off by providers.

I'm just hoping E-On keep to the fixed-rate, because they must be losing money on me by now.

Elmo!:

--- Quote from: Nobby Reserve on February 25, 2022, 12:52:40 pm ---Saying that, I'm pleased to have struck lucky on my current energy provider.

Looked to move providers last summer and was in the process of moving to a cheaper provider but hesitated a couple of days and they rescinded that price plan; this was at the time when prices were beginning to climb. Ended up moving to E-On (badged as Sainsburys) on a two-year fixed that was more than I'd been paying with my last fixed price deal, but was the best price then available. Just got the deal tied up when the shit hit the fan and loads of smaller companies - including the one I'd intended to move to - went bust, and all deals were jibbed-off by providers.

I'm just hoping E-On keep to the fixed-rate, because they must be losing money on me by now.

--- End quote ---

Did the exact same last Autumn and despite my bills going up 50% I think I have got off lightly.

shy_talk:
I hope it has occurred to you what is coming on Friday, thats regards the energy price cap moving.

We have seen tens of companies fold as they were not insulated (I'd laugh but it's not appropriate really, and there'll be some drip cable tied to my pc next...) from the energy price increases that have graduated from minor inconvenience to fully fledged panic, through a mixture of covid, kremlin, staffing, greed and transportation mis/plannings.

Gas is circa 60% more expensive, elec some 30% more, forecourts have seen an across the board 20% increase etc in spite of Richie Rich Sunak prostrating himself for the sake of his great buddy Boris best interests with a 5p off a litre tax cut that was instantaneously absorbed by those doing the selling*

(*figures are rough and not all companies and supermarkets jumped on the 5p cut in all honesty but still)

So some energy suppliers have folded and customers absorbed elsewhere, some companies have gone to the wire and survived on borrowed monies and former profits, so...

...those left in the market will be eyeballing any possible future increases in base cost then adding their take on top so as to claw back whats been lost and or to provide some margin to rely on if things get worse.

Ukraine will still be the headline in this Fridays news but its families, its pensioners, its young kids that gets the bulk of the coverage with the 'cost of living' pandemic now sweeping the country/europe. Buckle up cos it aint going to be pretty.

Elmo!:
Tip for everyone not on pre pay meters and not on a fixed deal - do a meter reading and make sure it is submitted tomorrow, to makeu sure you r supplier isn't "estimating" your usage before and after the price rise on April 1st.

Not just me saying that, it is Martin Lewis' advice as well.

(Note: Bumping up your reading tomorrow to get more energy at the cheaper price is fraud and I couldn't possibly endorse such behaviour).

wampa1:

--- Quote from: Nobby Reserve on February 25, 2022, 12:52:40 pm ---Saying that, I'm pleased to have struck lucky on my current energy provider.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I got on a two year fixed-rate with E-On last September.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version