The Liverpool FC Forum > General Football and Sport

THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD

<< < (3194/4375) > >>

CowboyKangaroo:
No clear definition of what a "penalty box striker" is, which I suspect is causing the disagreement. In my view it is a player who is not much use outside of getting goals (primarily in the box, but not necessarily). The box part refers to the fact that they are only contributing at the very sharp end of an attack. I.e. someone who isn't good at pressing, or build up play, but very effective in the final end of the pitch. Other opinions are available.

LovelyCushionedHeader:

--- Quote from: CowboyKangaroo on February 11, 2023, 04:57:17 pm ---No clear definition of what a "penalty box striker" is, which I suspect is causing the disagreement. In my view it is a player who is not much use outside of getting goals (primarily in the box, but not necessarily). The box part refers to the fact that they are only contributing at the very sharp end of an attack. I.e. someone who isn't good at pressing, or build up play, but very effective in the final end of the pitch. Other opinions are available.

--- End quote ---

Nah that's exactly it. Van Nistelrooy is the absolute prime example. 

Legs:

--- Quote from: LovelyCushionedHeader on February 11, 2023, 05:37:04 pm ---Nah that's exactly it. Van Nistelrooy is the absolute prime example.

--- End quote ---

Correct Lineker and Owen were too they didnt do much outside the box but they did score goals to be fair !!

El Lobo:
Owen?!

Flaccido Dongingo:
Owen was much much more than a goal hanger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version