Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3439850 times)

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47680 on: January 15, 2021, 07:41:37 pm »

I really don't see the need to mass vaccinate the entire populace against something that is only harmful to a few.

It does look very very suspicious on the face of it. I mean you don't give the whole population a rectal examination just because mainly over 60's need it do you. If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me. 

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #47681 on: January 15, 2021, 07:44:53 pm »
I'm not stopping you nor telling you what to do. Hell you can have my doses too if you really want to be on the safe side. Someone who hasn't used public transport once since February 2019, take the bike for journeys 15 miles away, have zero contact with elders, works in an office and don't visit stores... I really am not someone anyone needs to worry about.

Just leave my body alone. My body, my choice. Get it? That should at least be something a lefty should understand  ;D
I wouldn't be seen dead having it....and very well might be.

However, just taken my mum to have the jab and hopefully it'll work out well for her.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47682 on: January 15, 2021, 07:46:54 pm »
I'm not stopping you nor telling you what to do. Hell you can have my doses too if you really want to be on the safe side. Someone who hasn't used public transport once since February 2019, take the bike for journeys 15 miles away, have zero contact with elders, works in an office and don't visit stores... I really am not someone anyone needs to worry about.

Just leave my body alone. My body, my choice. Get it? That should at least be something a lefty should understand  ;D

Sure it's your choice to be ignore the scientific advice and be selfish.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47683 on: January 15, 2021, 07:47:34 pm »
If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me. 

Friday night revelations.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #47684 on: January 15, 2021, 07:47:37 pm »

2 million people worldwide have died from this and this is the bollocks you come out with?

You're aware that under the formula of three deaths worldwide per second that accounts for 95 million annual deaths per year right? The Spanish flu killed 20 mil in a much less populated world in an equal amount of time.

1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002 were more deadly years per capita in Sweden and 2015 ran identical to 2020. In fact, had it not been for a substantial deficit in total deaths in 2019 it would've looked a lot different last year.

Of course it's bad for those who get a bad case, but it doesn't mean the vast majority of people are at risk. Of course I'd give my kids regular vaccines if I ever had them but that doesn't mean I have to take something largely untested just because RAWK says so. The vaccine should be reserved for those who risk to suffer badly from something and should be effective in protecting them. Not someone who'd merely be a bit under the weather for a few days.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 07:51:23 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47685 on: January 15, 2021, 07:48:39 pm »
Well, people have to have agency. Since I'm not even in touch with the groups you've mentioned, I'm not worried about it. I'm an office worker who spends my free time riding a bicycle! Those groups who end up hospitalized (50-80 general population) will have a generally good protection from it anyway whereas those in care homes remain vulnerable to even a runny nose-type of cold. Only if people work in healthcare I feel could need to take one for the team if they're young and healthy.

What about those people you do come into contact with who you could possibly give it to? At the end of the day if it's allowed to continue to spread between the selfish pricks who won't get vaccinated then it will end up getting to those who will die from it.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47686 on: January 15, 2021, 07:49:26 pm »

Hell, I might choose to stay in Scandinavia for the rest of my life seeing how repressive the political cultures elsewhere have been.

Even better, just stay home and never leave the house.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47687 on: January 15, 2021, 07:50:29 pm »
I might be wrong here and apologise if I am, but I think Linudden has a point. Vaccines, from my understanding, teach the body how to deal with a virus its never encountered before. Now, once everyone classed as vulnerable has been vaccinated to prevent us getting seriously ill in the future, if a non vaccinated person has a healthy immune system that can deal with the virus on its own, then is there any real reason to vaccinate everyone, isn't it better to let the body deal with it if it can? The flu vaccine isn't needed for everyone, just those at risk, yet around 12 million people a year catch the flu. 
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47688 on: January 15, 2021, 07:51:35 pm »

Can we remove his internet access if so?

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #47689 on: January 15, 2021, 07:52:57 pm »

"he's so against lockdowns he stayed at home for the rest of his life".

Now that'd be something :lmao

I'm all for giving it to the vulnerable ASAP so we can move on and get back to a normal economy. Otherwise it's going to be devastating. Especially for those on the bottom ladders of society.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 07:54:58 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47690 on: January 15, 2021, 07:54:43 pm »
I really don't see the need to mass vaccinate the entire populace against something that is only harmful to a few.

Its not harmful to just the very few. Sure the death rates are the highest in people with a lot of co-morbidities and low among younger people in good health. However, hospitalization rates are still quite high for people who don't have any co-morbidities.

If the disease keeps spreading in the general population for years to come, your tax money will go towards testing and treating all those cases for years to come, perhaps forever, since we don't know how long the natural immunity lasts.

Its way cheaper and safer if everyone was vaccinated and the disease was eradicated.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #47691 on: January 15, 2021, 07:55:43 pm »
The reason to vaccinate as many people as possible is to protect, not only those vaccinated, but to protect those who cannot be  vaccinated (not to be confused with selfish bastards who just don't want to be vaccinated).
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #47692 on: January 15, 2021, 07:57:44 pm »
If the disease keeps spreading in the general population for years to come, your tax money will go towards testing and treating all those cases for years to come, perhaps forever, since we don't know how long the natural immunity lasts.

I disagree. There's not really any need to do that once the vulnerable are protected. Then we can really just treat it like a seasonal virus and offer them a shot every year. If an unvaccinated, maskless, largely unimmune population like Sweden got deaths down to below 1 per day at one point because of seasonal conditions, then you already know that it's not going to be a problem anymore once we can protect the vulnerable.

Either way, the main lesson to learn is to expand the healthcare capacity so this will never even be a thing in the future. It must be equipped to handle a 10-20 % spike in demand. Otherwise it's just new public management bullshit. Politicians shouldn't be allowed to play with people's lives like that to lower hospital capacity to a point where even shutting down a society is even a question. That should be unlawful.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 07:59:28 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #47693 on: January 15, 2021, 07:59:54 pm »
I disagree. There's not really any need to do that once the vulnerable are protected. Then we can really just treat it like a seasonal virus and offer them a shot every year. If an unvaccinated, maskless, largely unimmune population like Sweden got deaths down to below 1 per day at one point because of seasonal conditions, then you already know that it's not going to be a problem anymore once we can protect the vulnerable.

I don't think you understand the principle of vaccinating do you?
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #47694 on: January 15, 2021, 08:03:03 pm »
I don't think you understand the principle of vaccinating do you?

The problem is - this thing ain't getting eradicated unless we close the borders for good. That's never going to happen you know. They're not going to offer it to below 18 in Sweden and they can still spread it. There will still be cases of this for many years to come regardless of how many we vaccinate. Globalized world and a lot more people around than back when the Spanish flu got extincted. It is what it is. I think I'm just pragmatic and realistic.
Linudden.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47695 on: January 15, 2021, 08:04:10 pm »
I might be wrong here and apologise if I am, but I think Linudden has a point. Vaccines, from my understanding, teach the body how to deal with a virus its never encountered before. Now, once everyone classed as vulnerable has been vaccinated to prevent us getting seriously ill in the future, if a non vaccinated person has a healthy immune system that can deal with the virus on its own, then is there any real reason to vaccinate everyone, isn't it better to let the body deal with it if it can? The flu vaccine isn't needed for everyone, just those at risk, yet around 12 million people a year catch the flu.

I don't know about UK but doctors here in Canada do recommend Flu vaccines for everyone. Its mandatory for healthcare workers.

Also you don't know if your body can handle it or not. A lot of people with no co-morbidities do end up getting hospitalized.

Additionally, the point of herd immunity is to stop the spread of the disease once and forever. If only the a small percent get the vaccine, the disease will continue to spread possibly forever.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47696 on: January 15, 2021, 08:04:17 pm »
The problem is - this thing ain't getting eradicated unless we close the borders for good. That's never going to happen you know. They're not going to offer it to below 18 in Sweden and they can still spread it. There will still be cases of this for many years to come regardless of how many we vaccinate. Globalized world and a lot more people around than back when the Spanish flu got extincted. It is what it is. I think I'm just pragmatic.

And that is exactly why you want a high vaccination count in your own country - so that when people bring it in from other countries... it can't spread. The more people have it, the lower the R rate.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #47697 on: January 15, 2021, 08:07:46 pm »
And that is exactly why you want a high vaccination count in your own country - so that when people bring it in from other countries... it can't spread. The more people have it, the lower the R rate.

Yeah good luck to those who choose to have it. If it just has an immunity guaranteed of less than a year I fail to see the point for non-vulnerable ones though. The problem with many people is that they live in a utopia where we can eliminate all deaths and all disease and it's been a large problem leading to the global reaction. When people set an unrealistic goal (say Everton to win the league) when that ain't achieved the blame game starts.

If the vaccine in ten years time saw 99 % of takers still have antibodies, then I'll put my hands up but I won't hold my breath, sadly.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 08:09:24 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47698 on: January 15, 2021, 08:09:33 pm »
The problem is - this thing ain't getting eradicated unless we close the borders for good. That's never going to happen you know. They're not going to offer it to below 18 in Sweden and they can still spread it. There will still be cases of this for many years to come regardless of how many we vaccinate. Globalized world and a lot more people around than back when the Spanish flu got extincted. It is what it is. I think I'm just pragmatic and realistic.

You are wrong and don't understand how diseases spread. Say 80% of population of Sweden is vaccinated. If a traveler from another place with Covid 19 enters and spreads it to someone in Sweden, that transmission chain will die out at 1-2 people max. It stops it from being big issue.

BTW we have almost eradicated measles. Measles is a much more contagious disease than Covid 19. There are many other examples too.

There is a global effort going on to vaccinate everyone. By 2022 I suspect there will be enough doses to vaccinate everyone in the world.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #47699 on: January 15, 2021, 08:11:42 pm »
BTW we have almost eradicated measles. Measles is a much more contagious disease than Covid 19. There are many other examples too.

Measles as far as I understand it is stable enough that a vaccine works for life. This is similar to a cold virus instead and is highly unstable, already leading to a ton of mutations. I understand where you're coming from but I still disagree with your assessment. It might lead to a base-level immunity such as how I appear immune to general flu after having some really bad cases back when I was a kid.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 08:16:20 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47700 on: January 15, 2021, 08:14:33 pm »
Enters thread having barely seen a non covid patient in hospital for a month and unable to treat some young people with serious disabling conditions because of  current covid situation

It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47701 on: January 15, 2021, 08:17:34 pm »
If an unvaccinated, maskless, largely unimmune population like Sweden got deaths down to below 1 per day at one point because of seasonal conditions, then you already know that it's not going to be a problem anymore once we can protect the vulnerable.

Think your king (assume your Swedish) has it spot on as to the reason why Swedish government failed in its handling of Covid through its pursuit of herd immunity.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47702 on: January 15, 2021, 08:17:44 pm »
Measles as far as I understand it is stable enough that a vaccine works for life. This is similar to a cold virus instead and is highly unstable, already leading to a ton of mutations. I understand where you're coming from but I still disagree with your assessment.

There are mutations in every virus. There is no evidence that the vaccines are not effective against any of the Covid 19 mutations encountered so far. We don't know the length the immunity lasts, but that is only something that can be learned over time.

Of course I don't think getting a booster shot every few years is a big hassle if needed. I do that already for diseases like tetanus.

It just seems that you are just distrustful of vaccines for this particular disease for some reason, that you can't pinpoint.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47703 on: January 15, 2021, 08:47:44 pm »

What happens when the young healthy person eventually gets old and frail and the virus is still travelling around the young healthy population?

The cost of giving an injection to someone now versus ICU treatment later needs to be considered. Do we say in 20 years time that someone who refused the vaccine now should have to pay for any treatment then? Or do we just say too bad you turned down the prevention deal with it.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47704 on: January 15, 2021, 08:47:59 pm »
My old dad got his vaccine today. First person in our local health centre to get it. First time in a long time I have felt even slightly positive.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #47705 on: January 15, 2021, 08:48:03 pm »
that doesn't mean I have to take something largely untested just because RAWK says so.
Don't know if it will change your mind but I heard a rumour that scientists, and not RAWK users, are the brains behind the vaccine.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47706 on: January 15, 2021, 09:11:30 pm »
You are wrong and don't understand how diseases spread. Say 80% of population of Sweden is vaccinated. If a traveler from another place with Covid 19 enters and spreads it to someone in Sweden, that transmission chain will die out at 1-2 people max. It stops it from being big issue.

There is a global effort going on to vaccinate everyone. By 2022 I suspect there will be enough doses to vaccinate everyone in the world.
It's the "contagion" or contagious aspect of this virus that a lot of the anti-vaxor, "Covid is a hoax" conspiracy theorist headcases don't get. This thing just spreads like wild fire. They're all so preoccupied with mortality rates and such, citing it being such a low number, but not realising that that low number is actually hundreds of millions of people that would be allowed to die if this thing were allowed to run rampant and unchecked through the course of whatever how many years it would stick around for. Smallpox is just a prime example to shut these fuckers up when it comes to vaccinations. Without vaccines for that, we'd be living in a different world altogether right now. They think its bad now? It'd be fuck all compared to a rampant strain of the "Pox".

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #47707 on: January 15, 2021, 09:14:40 pm »
Don't know if it will change your mind but I heard a rumour that scientists, and not RAWK users, are the brains behind the vaccine.

And this is the problem with this, it isn’t a debate between you and Linidden or Craig and Linudden, it’s not two people with equal but opposing views, it’s the views of the vast majority of experts and relevantly qualified professionals against a combination of a very small minority of experts and a decent (although thankfully comparatively small) minority.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #47708 on: January 15, 2021, 09:15:00 pm »
I work with about 55 colleagues.

We’ve had 4 in hospital with covid.

3 in the last month.

One in their 20s (who is there now and seems really quite poorly).  One just into their 30s and 2 in their 50s.

Anyone saying we shouldn’t vaccinate is frankly oblivious to the very real and serious long term risks to health that people face.. even people who don’t go to hospital.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47709 on: January 15, 2021, 09:17:38 pm »
Sweden and Finland had the narcolepsy issue with the GSK swine flu vaccine eleven years ago. General vaccination rates for tried vaccines that have been around for decades such as against measles etc are very high but people are very reluctant over here unless they feel like the illness is going to personally affect them. Myself included.
You don't speak for the Finns and Swedes I know. You have talked in the past about being an academic. Yet here you are over-extrapolating, and projecting your views on a group and don't offer evidence to back up your assertion
As far as I'm concerned, once it's been given to the risk groups, it's time to forget worrying about covid and return straight back to February 2020 no questions asked. I really don't see the need to mass vaccinate the entire populace against something that is only harmful to a few.
What's with the denialism? And what is it about public health that exercises you in this strange way?

It's fine if you don't understand vaccination programmes, or health economics, or dynamics of herd immunity, or simple compassion. But again your phobia for confronting the reality of the pandemic is not going to be taken on by those making important decisions, despite your regular over-confident but incorrect assertions.

So I lean towards not taking it for that reason. It's better they save my dose for someone who's in more need. It's for the very reason I don't take the annual flu shot.
This is irrational and unscientific. If you want to protect those "in more need" then you should take the annual flu vaccine. Fit and well people being vaccinated against flu isn't about being personally beneficial, it's what's beneficial for 'the herd'.

Covid passports are just fascist bullshit and within an EU framework most definitely illegal so I'm not all that worried about it because it'd get struck down in court.
Again with the odd libertarian spiel more akin to social media posts. But again, it's not a surprise to see you lurch to such hyperbole even if one imagines an academic in politics would be more measured. You did after all suggest that Italian football matches being cancelled in March were akin to Mussolini's Italy ;D

Hell, I might choose to stay in Scandinavia for the rest of my life seeing how repressive the political cultures elsewhere have been.
Your choice man, but don't be upset if people aren't surprised to read your nationalistic high horsing. It's been a running theme with a tinge of xenophobia, and played a part in many of your incorrect but overconfident assertions about what life's like in (for one example) Lombardi or using non-Swede's to blame issues there on.

You've chosen an interesting time to big up the political culture in Sweden though, given the issues in their covid response (noone has berated Sweden's politicians more than you in the last year) and the celebrating of a now-disgraced head epidemiologist in Tegnell - who preferred to delete emails and lie about his initial strategy rather than be transparent (something one expects from a 'non-repressive' policial culture).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:24:03 pm by Classycara »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #47710 on: January 15, 2021, 09:18:18 pm »
And this is the problem with this, it isn’t a debate between you and Linidden or Craig and Linudden, it’s not two people with equal but opposing views, it’s the views of the vast majority of experts and relevantly qualified professionals against a combination of a very small minority of experts and a decent (although thankfully comparatively small) minority.
Let’s just call them fuckwits.  Because they are.

Ignorant, blow hard, opinionated, know nothing fuckwits.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47711 on: January 15, 2021, 09:20:22 pm »

3 in the last month.

One in their 20s (who is there now and seems really quite poorly).  One just into their 30s and 2 in their 50s.

Anyone saying we shouldn’t vaccinate is frankly oblivious to the very real and serious long term risks to health that people face.. even people who don’t go to hospital.

Ditto this in my gf’s old school. At the very start of this one of their deputy heads, mid-40’s and no underlying health issues, caught it. Ended up on a ventilator for over 8 weeks. Had a “last chance” steroid treatment and thankfully came round. He’s still in a wheelchair, and will have life long disabilities.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47712 on: January 15, 2021, 09:23:10 pm »

3 in the last month.

Aye, I'm fit as a fiddle and it knocked me sideways for two weeks. I'm back to 100% now (or at least I think I am given that I'm back up to exercising at the usual level I'm used to without any problems). There was one day during when I had it that I thought I actually might need to go to hospital. I've had bad flu before when I was a kid that actually felt a bit worse in some symptoms, but this was something different. It just felt a bit more sinister and dangerous.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #47713 on: January 15, 2021, 09:24:08 pm »

I thought I’d be polite, as according to experts calling anti-vaxxers and their ilk out for their stupidity doesn’t help them change their minds unfortunately.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47714 on: January 15, 2021, 09:24:24 pm »

Hey! He said no need for insults....  ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47715 on: January 15, 2021, 09:30:57 pm »
No point piling on Linudden. He's just giving his point of view on it. It's perfectly natural to be sceptical about things if they haven't personally affected you yet, or when it comes to your own person when someone advises you that you should have a needle stuck in your arm and injected with a substance you have no understanding of. There's nothing wrong with that. That'll take time for people to come around to the idea if they think like that. Whenever this thing gradually starts to fuck off, and all the mentalists spitting negative noise fuck off and have egg on their faces, more and more will feel safer and more assured about the vaccines.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47716 on: January 15, 2021, 09:31:14 pm »
If the vaccine in ten years time saw 99 % of takers still have antibodies, then I'll put my hands up but I won't hold my breath, sadly.

Will you? You haven't really held your hands up for being wrong about practically everything you confidently asserted early 2020 up to March before you left RAWK in embarassment.

Honestly, your Dunning Kruger style of talking assertively about science that you don't understand is very reminiscent of Elon Musk when he was predicting zero cases last April and when he thought he understood ventilators better than people who operate them
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1240754657263144960
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1250607449498775552

Offline ScandinavianPete

• Main Stander
« Reply #47717 on: January 15, 2021, 09:45:51 pm »
Think your king (assume your Swedish) has it spot on as to the reason why Swedish government failed in its handling of Covid through its pursuit of herd immunity.

He sadly has a learning and reading disability so I wouldn't take his word for it.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47718 on: January 15, 2021, 09:48:14 pm »
No point piling on Linudden. He's just giving his point of view on it. It's perfectly natural to be sceptical about things if they haven't personally affected you yet, or when it comes to your own person when someone advises you that you should have a needle stuck in your arm and injected with a substance you have no understanding of. There's nothing wrong with that. That'll take time for people to come around to the idea if they think like that. Whenever this thing gradually starts to fuck off, and all the mentalists spitting negative noise fuck off and have egg on their faces, more and more will feel safer and more assured about the vaccines.

Nah, he’s not coming from a “wary” point of view, which is fair. He’s coming from a “I’m OK so fuck the rest”.

So he deserves calling out.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47719 on: January 15, 2021, 09:49:58 pm »
Toby Young: Telegraph coronavirus column 'significantly misleading'

The Daily Telegraph must publish a correction over a "significantly misleading" column written by Toby Young, press regulator Ipso has ruled.

The July 2020 article claimed the common cold could provide "natural immunity" to Covid-19 and London was "probably approaching herd immunity".

But on Thursday Ipso found the paper had "failed to take care not to publish inaccurate and misleading information".

Ipso said the paper "did not accept it has breached the [Editors] Code".

It said the newspaper said that Young's comments on immunity referred to "cross-reactive T-cells" that work to combat the virus.

However, the media watchdog sided with the complainant, James Whitehead, in its decision, who said that while these cells "may lessen the impact of Covid-19" after infection, they "would not confer 'natural immunity'"

The ruling added Young's statement "misrepresented the nature of immunity".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55676037