The Liverpool FC Forum > Hillsborough Memorial Board

A message from Paul Scraton

<< < (3/10) > >>

Pheeny:

--- Quote from: 4pool on April 29, 2016, 05:28:02 pm ---Back in 2009 a few of us started the Steven Cohen boycott. That is when I got in contact with Prof. Phil.

I don't want to drag that all up again but Phil was most helpful in putting our point across versus the lies Cohen was airing.

The boycott was successful and Cohen took his program off the air. All we wanted was him to offer a full apology and not tell the lies on air again or him off his show. Instead he took his program off the air.

Prof. Scraton has done himself and the community proud. A most humble man.

--- End quote ---
I remember that well,you also deserve a pat on the back for all your effort.

cowtownred:
Paul, thanks hugely for this post. I think mine might have been the post you're talking about....
Without wishing to form a 'pecking order' of the legends emerging in the past 27 years, I have absolutely no doubt about 2 things.

First, without the work and the forensic detail applied by Professor Scraton, the fight for justice would most likely have died in the 'fallow years' as you eloquently put it. There would not have been the HIP or this week's verdict.

Second, the ultimate 'Hero of Hillsborough' is Phil Scraton.

AirConGipsyRed:

--- Quote from: SP on April 29, 2016, 03:15:06 pm ---We received the message below to the RAWK email and we are delighted to pass it on. We are immensely grateful for all of the sacrifices that the Scraton family will have made over the last 27 years. Without them, we may never have prevailed. 

--- End quote ---

well that just made me cry.

BlackandWhitePaul:
Thank you Professor Scratton, and family.

Myself and my Dad, Geordies born, bred and lived always on Tyneside and Newcastle supporters very much appreciate, and are extremely grateful for all you have done for everyone in Liverpool, up and down the land and around the world who was / is effected by this awful, terrible tragedy.

John C:
Absolutely wonderful, and for the umpteenth time this month my eyes well up.

Thank you Paul.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version