Author Topic: Negativity needs to stop....  (Read 31661 times)

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
Re: Negativity needs to stop....
« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2011, 04:16:14 pm »
I trust Kenny's opinion over my own so I am prepared to give that player a chance but that doesn't mean that I can't voice my own misgivings and say that the only reason I am happy is that Kenny sees something in him that I don't see.  Why does that position exclude my voicing an opinion.  I'm not telling anybody to shut up who doesn't agree with me like you are.  Oh and I noticed that you didn't respond to my question about Paulsen.  Were you negative about the signing or did you berate others for being negative at the time?  Please respond

Was i negative about poulsen at the time...yes yes i was..do i realise its a little counter productive to my argument about supporting kennys decisions..no no i dont cos it wasn't kenny that made the decision to sign him further more please read what i said '' i think those who played no part in the efforts against the 2 clowns can not now start bitching about who the king brings in or ships out because they didnt do anything when the club needed them''

or is that being a little too obtuse on my part?
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #201 on: June 25, 2011, 04:30:19 pm »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #202 on: June 25, 2011, 05:00:10 pm »

Am I right or am I talking bollocks?

I can't wait for the new season...

Well you are not talking bollocks, seems like there is a strong case of non-seasonal affective disorder going on. I suggest those with useless negativity (i.e not constructive) head for the sun or the beach.

Our song is not Red, red whine
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
  • My karma just ran over your dogma
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2011, 05:47:59 pm »
Some people are just miserable and are happiest having a whinge. I remember my Grandfather arriving in Australia and complained about everything and i mean everything. I said one magnificent spring day lets go outside its a great sunny day and he replied the sun burns my skin and makes me squint to see properly. Asked my grandmother if they were thinking about returning to the UK and she said oh no your grandfather is much happier here. He was always complaining back home.

Think some folk are just defeatist and you can't let their negativity get to you.

:lmao I have come across such people as well, not just here.
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2011, 05:56:47 pm »
There is a very good way to deal with this.....ignore the fuckers!

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2011, 05:57:08 pm »
What negativity? I keep pinching myself every day when I think back to this time last year.

The storm has passed. The sky is golden. And if you listen, you can hear the lark singing.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2011, 06:04:11 pm »
And if you listen, you can hear the lark singing.

na, he's moaning
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline mulhiem

• Main Stander
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2011, 06:04:27 pm »
that's what guestlists are for

Hey Axl, Bono - any chance of getting on the guestlist? No mate. Fuck that I aint queuing. Only tits queue up! Is it 10pm? may aswell go to a club instead.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2011, 06:04:50 pm »
Great shout, Terry and a good post, Red_Isle!

It's fine to have an opinion- that is not in dispute. A lot of the shit-stirrers on the transfer forum, venting their spleen and generally acting billy-big-bollocks- Mr. I-Am-RAWK; are perrenial WUMs and n00bs. That's also expected, but what is beyond my understanding is the need to be insulting, dismissive, disrespectful and argumentative- mostly unprovoked and some aimed in the general direction of the club, the DoF and the manager.

It is inexcusable and the transfer-thread has become a place where n00bs(I have nothing against n00bs, I was one as well, but I knew my place) rule and chaos is the order of the day. The hordes in there are being left to their own devices and its become an eyesore about the place. When these are put on the spot, they revert to the classic- "Since this is a forum, I'm allowed to have an opinion". Its unfortunate that this defense has been wrestled off genuine posters, with genuine reasoned opinions- as opposed to those who react on a whim and attempt to reply to every post they can within a certain timeframe and jump from argument to argument. It's all dumb-down in there.

I am content and happy with how our club has conducted itself and the circumstances we find ourselves in and I'm looking forward to the new signings- whoever they might be. It's just a pity that- unlike most transfer windows before, I will not set foot in there to aire an opinion about a player anymore.

Roll on next season!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:15:46 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #209 on: June 25, 2011, 06:13:01 pm »
The problem is we should never of been in a position to be needing shortcuts anyway but that's a whole other horrible story.

For the record I think we should be looking at players like Downing, Nzogbia, Baines ect ect - Not world class but very good consistent performers.

Don't disagree with you, plenty in the Downing thread would.
We are always going to be after potential diamonds in the rough like Marveaux to bolster the squad, as long as we are still after decent players for the first team, which we are then i am not going to stress on it.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline fisher_lad

• Main Stander
  • Has a Liverbird upon his chest!
« Reply #210 on: June 25, 2011, 06:13:46 pm »
Im feeling so optimistic about the start of this season, the king is back. Our form and the football we played under Kenny was fantastic, even sublime at times! There is no reason for negativity right now whatsoever and on our day we can beat anyway, just need a bit of consistency and under Kenny I fully back us to get it!
YNWA

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: June 25, 2011, 06:41:26 pm »

Offline Hyypia headers

• Am I a Real Liverpool Fan...
  • Kopite
  • Impossible?
« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2011, 08:05:05 pm »
What negativity? I keep pinching myself every day when I think back to this time last year.

The storm has passed. The sky is golden. And if you listen, you can hear the lark singing.

Great post, but I wish more people would listen.

And here is my take on it. Adam and Downing, why not? Sure they are not the flashy players the Real's, City's and Chelsea's of this world are after, but is that the only way to do it these days? The 2 players named are all very good and very simpel players, they are consistent, they get the simple things right. And if that is what the King likes, than I like that aswell.

He knows what he is doing, he built the best team we ever had. And you know what, it was full of simple and consistent players. Like Shankly said, a football team is like a piano. Right know, I'd say we need just one more player to play the bloody thing.

Enjoy the ride, we are on the up, but patience is the key. We have to take our time this time around, we messed up before, but this time, we will get it right. Believe.

Let me tell you about the times when tackling was allowed

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2011, 08:36:32 pm »

My thoughts exactly when I first read this thread.
Terry mate I don't understand your gripe on this one. Inevitably there will be some moaning gets but that's life.
The futures very rosy under FSG.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2011, 09:03:53 pm »
My thoughts exactly when I first read this thread.
Terry mate I don't understand your gripe on this one. Inevitably there will be some moaning gets but that's life.

I do understand his gripe. But he's the bad cop to my good cop, at least on this subject. I'm firmly of the opinion that it simply couldn't be any better a year on, and anyone who bitches and moans isn't worth more than an the initial El C kick in the balls followed up by the SMD gif to the face after he's doubled over.

Terry's pissed off at them, while I don't give two fucks. He's just a nicer guy, trying to educate, while I'm just ignoring them for the most part, and extracting the urine when I'm bored.

What we both agree on is we all should be on the right side of Liverpool Football Club's past, present and future. This thread is Terry's slap in their face while this one was mine.

We started this mad season facing bankruptcy, and briefly flirted with relegation. We started with Hodgson, Gilette, Hicks and Purslow. We started out with Konchesky, Poulsen and Joe Cole are marquis signings. We started out without two pennies to rub together, and debts in the hundreds of millions costing two Luis Suarezes a year to service.

We ended the season with The King and John Henry. We ended the season with Clarke and Comolli. We ended the season with Andy Carroll and Luisito Suarez. We ended the season free of crippling debt, and with money in the bank. We ended the season with young homegrown fullbacks at the corners, and a rock called Lucas Leiva in the middle of the park.

Next season, there will no distractions. There will be a fresh, hungry, young squad led by a singleminded King out to cane teams on the Saturday, every Saturday. There is only one goal. We will break Ferguson's back, and he will die a broken man when King Kenny does in 1 year what took him 25.

Hold your heads up high. We've walked through the storm, and we weren't afraid of the dark.

Roll on 2011/2012 and the league title.

:scarf

It's all about winning.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2011, 09:14:19 pm »
Would I be correct that the vast majority of those moaning (not actually read much of it to be honest) are mostly under the age of 20? Or would that be just a wild assumption?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: June 25, 2011, 09:38:00 pm »
I had a cob on once, but I got fed up with it.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #217 on: June 25, 2011, 09:41:35 pm »

I think his gripe is that if you read much of the transfer forum and certain threads in here you would not find that yours is not the prevailing attitude.
Rather that Kenny/Comoli/FSG have lost the plot are overspending on some players, letting the wrong players go and not spending enough on  others.
This is made more annoying by the fact that this time last year we were fucked.

It is certainly the gripe that i thought i was agreeing with.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #218 on: June 25, 2011, 09:46:11 pm »
Would I be correct that the vast majority of those moaning (not actually read much of it to be honest) are mostly under the age of 20? Or would that be just a wild assumption?
youre probably right mate...
as somone pointed out a while back,if they were around during the seventies eighties,they would have been moaning about the keegans and the clemences of the world...leave them too it.
im absolutely certain they dont go the match thank fook.....thats the main thing i suppose
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #219 on: June 25, 2011, 10:08:15 pm »
There are too many people on here who haven't got a clue.  They might as well be Chelsea fans.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: June 25, 2011, 11:25:02 pm »
The negativity is massive on this board.  I've only been around for 6 months or so, but I've been pretty stunned by it.  I expected to find a load of fans looking forward to a better future after the ousting of the old regime, but instead I found people questioning why we weren't buying players to challenge for the title immediately, as if the real world is like footie manager.

I don't think there is anything wrong with voicing concerns about individual transfers or tactics or player performances, but to constantly go on about players being shit before and after they've joined just because their names aren't foreign is madness.

The negativity is bourn out of the same knee-jerkism that causes "fans" to question a top servant after one bad match.  The same knee-jerkism that leads fans to question new signings before they've kicked a ball.  The same knee-jerkism that saw Man U fans calling for fergies head about 5 years ago.  Is this what has become of us? Are we Man U fans?

Building a legacy takes time. It took Shankly time. It took fergie time.

What a lot of people on here need is a dose of patience.  Quick wins are for the Chelseas of this world.  Our club has finally started to act like the LFC of old. Patient, methodical and smart.  Be nice if our fans could follow suit.

Offline jobba

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #221 on: June 26, 2011, 12:46:57 am »
Good post
goong for norwich and swansea at home.

Ginne be brillcream cant wait

Cheer up ye sobs

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2011, 12:58:53 am »
I trust Kenny's opinion over my own so I am prepared to give that player a chance but that doesn't mean that I can't voice my own misgivings and say that the only reason I am happy is that Kenny sees something in him that I don't see.  Why does that position exclude my voicing an opinion.  I'm not telling anybody to shut up who doesn't agree with me like you are.  Oh and I noticed that you didn't respond to my question about Paulsen.  Were you negative about the signing or did you berate others for being negative at the time?  Please respond

Well I hope he was because anyone who understands football knew that Poulsen was finished his legs had gone, they also knew konchesky was not good enough, they felt cole was a shadow of his former self, sadly it soon became clear Jova wasn't good enough,
now your bit of mischief falls down on this point when it comes to picking out players to buy Hodgeson is shite compared to
Kenny, doesn't mean Kenny gets everyone right , he gets more than most right though, also you might note that when purslow and owl face were cluttering this club with old expensive shit players we had a bigger fight going on, maybe you missed it?

Hope that helps you understand realizing a player is shit with grounds for it is not negativity it is realism, however trying to suggest decent players are shit with no proof is negativity ok.

Right back to Glastonbury now ok!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2011, 01:45:48 am »
People giving their opinion that people should stop giving an opinion. Mel Brooks would get a whole movie out of this thread.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2011, 07:55:56 am »

For me the negativity smacks of the first step on the slippery slope of calling out Kenny. It's the positioning, it's the jockeying of  argument, until someone just comes out sooner or later and says it... "Kenny's just fucking shit." And that is precisely what most of us feared about Kenny being back in charge in the first place. That the day would come when bell-ends would start to slag him off for paying x amount too much for (insert player here) who turned out to be shit.

I'm actually all for people expressing their love for the club in whichever way they see fit. The forum by it's vey nature isn't going to change just because a respected poster tells people to pull their socks up.

But, having said that, SURELY it's not hard to see why people get fed up with the unreasonable, negative, off the cuff statements?  SURELY other posters can see that for people that hold our manager in high esteem, it's tantamount to a slap in the face to question his decisions so bluntly? SURELY this OP can be read as a plea not to be a mindless sheep, but to think twice before you post something negative and provide some reasoned argument other than so and so is shite, let's get Messi in.

*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: June 26, 2011, 08:12:07 am »
Terry De Niro

There has always been a certain standard at Liverpool, its not gonna be lowered because of 2 idiots. We've always competed to sign the best players and that's how things should stay. And Stewart Downing is not top market especially not for 15 million pounds plus / minus. We need a winger who can get past players. Someone like Mata. Buying Downing is a total waste of Money, coz he can't offer us something that we don't have already.

Apart from being a half decent winger and english of course.  :butt
This forum is full of fucking idiots and bellends. Do any of you actually care about re-building a team or just which foreign player you can brag about us signing to your equally stupid pals? I've even seen pricks posting football manager stats like its fucking real. Good grief did this club always attract such wankers? A year ago Purslow was selling our best players, signing konchesky and fucking Hodgson hodgson. How quicky fuckwits forget! :no

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2011, 08:51:45 am »
Okay, what was your opinion of the Paulsen signing because I seriously hope you weren't negative about it.  If you were, then you're applying double standards - i.e It's okay to be negative about the players I don't like but don't you dare say a bad word about the players I rate.  It's ridiculous mate! Have a word with yourself.  If I think a certain player is not going to help us, then I'll say it.  That said, I trust Kenny's judgment over mine so if he thinks a player is worth buying, then I'm happy.  But, that doesn't mean that I can't have an opinion and it doesn't always have to be a positive one.

Is a very good point. Some of those being two faced in this thread were gnashing their teeth and wailing not just over Poulsen but also Konchesky.

Funny how they've "Forgotten" that already.

But.. but... But... They are Liverpool players.. But.. *cough Kuyt* But.. But.. You have to get behind all the players.. *Cough Lucas* *Spearing* *N'Gog* *cough*
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2011, 08:52:41 am »

Correct-a-mundo!

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Stanfo

• Sleeping with the Enemy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2011, 08:53:26 am »
I think we are a long way from turning on anyone to be honest, certainly the vast majority of fans who actually support Liverpool. Sadly however we have a fair number of internet fans who sit in their rooms, posters of Barcelona players stuck amongst the Liverpool ones, who like to moan on forums that we don't have this foreign manager, or this foreign player and forget just what supporting Liverpool Football Club really is about.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2011, 09:04:06 am »
Is a very good point. Some of those being two faced in this thread were gnashing their teeth and wailing not just over Poulsen but also Konchesky.

Funny how they've "Forgotten" that already.

But.. but... But... They are Liverpool players.. But.. *cough Kuyt* But.. But.. You have to get behind all the players.. *Cough Lucas* *Spearing* *Ngog* *cough*

I didn't rate Konchesky before he signed and I don't rate him now. Once he signed though, I felt it was fair to wait until he played for us before having a go. You need to remember those signing were made in completely different circumstances whereby Poulsen effectively replaced Masch and Konchesky was our first choice LB ahead of Insua and Aurelio. It meant we were weaker and that's no fault of any of the players - it was down to G+H, Purslow and Hodgson and a lot of our ire was down to them.

Now, we've got different owners, Comolli and Kenny - personally, I don't necessarily agree with all our targets and I have my own opinion on who we should be buying but I'm not going to have a go before I know who we've actually signed and let go and how they will fit into the side. And theres no way of knowing that until they've actually played for us.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Abrak

• Pulling his Peter Principle
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: June 26, 2011, 09:06:43 am »
What I find most depressing about our negativity is that LFC supporters seem reluctant to give our new owners and team a chance.

It is certain that the top teams would not have been reduced to buying Krgiatos, Kromkamp and Veronin to fill the holles in their squad. Nor would they have been forced to buy the likes of Poulsem Konchesky Jovanovic and Cole to keep the squad from falling to the middle of the league. Now we choose to buy Henderson of impeccable short term quality for a player as young as 20 who could serve the club well for the next ten years, people criticize because he does not bring immediate value to the pitch. The idea that you do not need to build a team to be successful over the long term seems to have been lost in view of the Chelsea's and City's who buy their team and generate huge financial losses.

If we look at the youngsters that we are buying and combine with the potential in our academy and that we are buying into our academy we really look to have one of the best teams out there in 3 or 4 years time. The idea that we can turn the current squad which is pretty mediocre into a title challenging squad within one season with out creating enormous financial losses is ridiculous. We have made a real hash of things over the last 20 years and it is going to take a few years to put it right.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #231 on: June 26, 2011, 09:15:41 am »
I didn't rate Konchesky before he signed and I don't rate him now. Once he signed though, I felt it was fair to wait until he played for us before having a go. You need to remember those signing were made in completely different circumstances whereby Poulsen effectively replaced Masch and Konchesky was our first choice LB ahead of Insua and Aurelio. It meant we were weaker and that's no fault of any of the players - it was down to G+H, Purslow and Hodgson and a lot of our ire was down to them.

Now, we've got different owners, Comolli and Kenny - personally, I don't necessarily agree with all our targets and I have my own opinion on who we should be buying but I'm not going to have a go before I know who we've actually signed and let go and how they will fit into the side. And theres no way of knowing that until they've actually played for us.

Correct.

And a few people moaning basically because there is no footy on in the close season isn't anything to panic about. I personally feel some people are being a bit precious and babyish in this thread. People moan. People always moan. People always have moaned. People always will moan.

It's the default setting for some. So what? When the season finally gets underway I haven't seen anything to suggest that people aren't going to get behind all our signings.

The one thing I can guarantee, however, is those most guilty of whining about 'certain players' (And telling others they should be behind 'our players' will be the first to whine as usual.

Offline ericcsson

• Anny Roader
« Reply #232 on: June 26, 2011, 09:16:04 am »
I can't agree with the OP more. Sick of the naysayers and the BS. Thanks for creating this thread mate
Stand, Be True

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: June 26, 2011, 09:18:33 am »
Spot on Terry, there has been an awful lot of bollocks being spouted around these parts lately.
It's RAWK, wadda you expect?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: June 26, 2011, 09:21:48 am »
Firstly Ill say it before anyone else does. Kenny knows more about Football than I do.

Regarding the Optimists v Pessimists.  Noone is right or wrong its just opinion at the moment because the signings that are being discussed have not had a chance to succeed or fail.

The Pressimist's are saying  they've seen Henderson play for Snderland and England and dont think he's good enough. Its an opinion, dont think its down to wanting to be negative.  The Optimists are saying that it doesn't matter what he did for Sunderland or England, only Liverpool. I agree with the sentiment. However people assumed, and most agreed (both Optimists and Pressimists) that after watching him at West Ham and Fulham Konchesky wasnt good enogh. This was the case before he'd kicked a ball for us.  Whats the difference. The only difference is Henderson's young.

Also look at the Carrol deal and the arguments that went on there. People who know deep down that Big Andy, never was and never will be worth £35m. So they justified it by linking it to the Torres deal. Even there I dont think we did brilliantly, I think we sold him for what was going rate.
So its not just the negatives who 'have an agenda.'

Rather than blind and unjustified optimism or pessimism the only thing that pisses me off is all the sniping at each other and people getting all personal. Were supposed to be on the same team.

At least we're all agreed on the Suarez deal  :-*

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #235 on: June 26, 2011, 09:32:12 am »
Regarding the Optimists v Pessimists.

Its neither the optimists nor the pessimists that do my barnet in, its the 'internetists' who have something to say about everything and nothing worth saying about anything!
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline fowler9_god

• Kopite
  • And could he play!
« Reply #236 on: June 26, 2011, 09:35:31 am »
Correct.

And a few people moaning basically because there is no footy on in the close season isn't anything to panic about. I personally feel some people are being a bit precious and babyish in this thread. People moan. People always moan. People always have moaned. People always will moan.

It's the default setting for some. So what? When the season finally gets underway I haven't seen anything to suggest that people aren't going to get behind all our signings.

The one thing I can guarantee, however, is those most guilty of whining about 'certain players' (And telling others they should be behind 'our players' will be the first to whine as usual.

Spot on.

There isn't anything wrong in discussing things. Am I not happy with the new owners and the mananger? Of course I am.

But, that doesn't mean I can't look at signings and discuss them.

Is it ideal to spend 16m on a CM when that money could have gone towards a left sided player? Is getting 2 CMs in one window and selling one of our better players from last season good business? Will Carroll be a success?

See great managers make mistakes, I have seen far too many not to be a little concerned with our strategy.

Also, after they put on the red shirt, I will hope and pray that Kenny was right all along and my fears were unfounded.

But for now, with no football, of course we will talk about transfers and whether the player will be a good fit. It's what we do.
Justice for the 96

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: June 26, 2011, 10:18:19 am »
Is it ideal to spend 16m on a CM when that money could have gone towards a left sided player? Is getting 2 CMs in one window and selling one of our better players from last season good business? Will Carroll be a success?

See great managers make mistakes, I have seen far too many not to be a little concerned with our strategy.

Also, after they put on the red shirt, I will hope and pray that Kenny was right all along and my fears were unfounded.

I guess that's the difference. Concerns are valid, yes, but there'sno way of knowing a signing is a mistake so it would make sense for me to wait until they actually play for us. You or I don't know our budget, what Kenny's plans are for the CM position or any other for that matter so it seems a little early to complain. But If you agree with Andy that it's natural to complain then fair enough. I don't.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 10:35:12 am by Hazell »

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2011, 10:24:28 am »
Correct.

I don't think it's fair to complain just because you can or just because there's no football. A discussion about the team and potential signings is different to just looking for something to whine about.

We'll see what happens but you might be right about in your last sentence. Personally, once someone is a Liverpool player, they get the benefit of the doubt and my full support instantly. But over the last few years, I've seen that not be the case for some fans.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2011, 10:26:51 am »
Half empty or half full..?
YNWA