The Liverpool FC Forum > Inspire a RAWKite

The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone

<< < (1333/1353) > >>

paulrazor:
I was really annoyed as you can tell,

I weighed myself a few hours later well after breakfast and tea and water and was only a pound heavier, should be a few pounds heavier not just one so maybe find a different time or day to weigh and as you say calorie count.

I was gonna say fuck it and lash a massive breakfast into me i was pissed off but figured id only feel worse

Just hit the weights hard in the gym

we go again

klopptopia:
Would agree on tracking calories, my fitness pal app is great for this if you can take the time to use it.

Are you weighing yourself very first thing in the morning, as in literally the first thing you do on waking post dump/piss? to compare week on week it should be the same paramters each time which means its easier in that sense to control the differences. That said if you found your body changing (for the better i assume) then crack on.

Schmidt:
Been dieting on and off since last August, "lockdown" is becoming a less and less of a valid excuse for my chub. Currently down 13kg's and I'm about 6kg's from my goal weight, I have a habit of cracking after 6 or so weeks of dieting and it's gonna take longer than that to reach my goal so I might just have to try powering through.

I've hit weight goals a few times right now (though maintaining it obviously hasn't been a roaring success) and it always comes back to the same things; counting calories, drinking water, reducing caffeine, getting sleep and probably last on the list is weight training to decrease muscle loss.

--- Quote from: paulrazor on February 24, 2023, 03:05:09 pm ---
--- End quote ---

I'm a bit late to this but all kinds of things can cause your weight to fluctuate, working out for example can temporarily make your weight go up as your muscles bloat with water to repair and recover. I usually check my weight a few days a week, if you track it frequently you start to spot and ignore those high days.

Also, if you're not counting calories and you're not losing weight, well...

paulrazor:
I know I had cut down on calories, I dont eat chocolate during the week, I have eaten crisps once in about 6 weeks, I eat more fruit and have definitely got a healthier diet

Its not like I was working out and then lashing sandwiches and steaks into me after a fry that morning and then wondering where I was going wrong

I havent weighed myself since but still working out just about every week day

FlashGordon:
If you're noticing a drop in body fat % while staying the same weight or even slightly increasing in weight then you're actually in a pretty envious sweet spot where you're able to build muscle and lose fat at the same time. You should be happy about this  ;D Go off the mirror more than the scales would be my advice, especially at the start of your journey. Over time you will start to see it on the scales too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version