Sweet Potato & Red Pepper

1 x large onion, peeled and chopped
1 x clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
2 x carrots peeled and chopped
2 x red peppers, peeled and chopped
1 x large (or 2 small) sweet pots, peeled and chopped
1 x veg oxo cube
800ml boiling water

Bung all the veg in a large pan and lightly fry with some olive oil for about 5 mins. Add the oxo cube and water, stick the lid on and leave to cook for about an hour (or until all the veg is nice and soft). Blitz in a blender, add S&P and serve with loads of bread to dunk! Easy-peasy.

Maggie May:

--- Quote from: rakey_lfc on January  3, 2008, 01:14:14 pm ---Okay, Ill find some for you, although you do realise Half of RAWK including myself will now be expecting A Maggie May's cookbook series soon?

Failing that, Im sure we'd all be happy to come and test your recipes ;D

--- End quote ---

Excellent.  I'll look forward to it.

Dunno about the cookbook though.  Mr May's been saying for ages I should write one, and I keep meaning to get round to it but ...........  Perhaps if this works out and I get organised at last I might seriously have a go.  Who knows? 

And you're more than welcome as a tester/taster.  It would give Mr May a break from being the victim.   ;D

rakey_lfc:

--- Quote from: Lo on January  3, 2008, 01:20:11 pm ---Heres a yummy soup one for you Mags

Sweet Potato & Red Pepper

1 x large onion, peeled and chopped
1 x clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
2 x carrots peeled and chopped
2 x red peppers, peeled and chopped
1 x large (or 2 small) sweet pots, peeled and chopped
1 x veg oxo cube
800ml boiling water

Bung all the veg in a large pan and lightly fry with some olive oil for about 5 mins. Add the oxo cube and water, stick the lid on and leave to cook for about an hour (or until all the veg is nice and soft). Blitz in a blender, add S&P and serve with loads of bread to dunk! Easy-peasy.

--- End quote ---

mmmmm that sounds really nice!

Maggie May:

--- Quote from: Lo on January  3, 2008, 01:17:52 pm ---I have a chunk of Parmesan that desperately needs using, hmmmmmm wonder what I will make later  ;D

Cheers Mags good shout for a thread, I really need some new recipes  :)

--- End quote ---

Thank the Genius Blurred.  I'd never have thought of it.  And I've added your yummy sounding soup to the collection.   I'll definately make that at the weekend.  Cheers matey.   :wave

Waterloo Phil:
oh my god why did i wonder onto this thread, im so hungry now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version