Author Topic: Virgin Media  (Read 126647 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Virgin Media
« Reply #680 on: July 25, 2021, 01:31:02 pm »
My sister made me change mine from "Nonce Secure". Probably a good idea.

Haha, yeah not a bad shout

-

Virgin Media have done something I like. the NHK World channel! It's all English language Japanese television and its really chill. Such a different vibe from our Benefit Scroungers Getting Pissed Up in the Sun stuff, and giant floating cockney heads imploring you to gamble.

They had a time lapse of Nagasaki as it is now. Absolutely beautiful. The cookery shows as well. Wow!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #681 on: July 27, 2021, 03:07:33 pm »
My sister made me change mine from "Nonce Secure". Probably a good idea.

I think mine is still set to "ThisIsAnfield"
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: December 2, 2021, 07:15:25 pm »
Anyone's box been down today? Apparently been down for 7 hours.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #683 on: December 2, 2021, 07:17:00 pm »
Anyone's box been down today? Apparently been down for 7 hours.

I think their internet has been down as well.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #684 on: April 29, 2022, 11:22:00 am »
Having a nightmare with them at present, I had moved onto O2 to take advantage of the Volt upgrade.

Was previously paying £37 for M500 standalone (3 months to run on that contract), following my Volt "upgrade" I am now paying £38 for M500, when I rang them to point out that this wasn't quite doubling my package for the same price I got complete disinterest, they just said the 1 gig was expensive so they weren't going to do that, I must have missed that in the Volt marketing spiel.

Also if I now take advantage of the O2 cooling off period as I haven't received the benefits of the Volt upgrade (I only really wanted the speed increase, don't need double the O2 data), and lose Volt they will put it up to £56 a month, they rarely are a shameless company.

Trying to go through complaints at present but based on past experience with their customer service I won't be holding my breath

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: May 1, 2022, 11:23:49 am »
They’re just a shambles aren’t they.

Back in my day working there before they outsourced everything there was a dedicated customer liaison team that sorted all this stuff out quickly, nowadays they just don’t give one.

I’ve just been through the retentions process myself and ended with…

Full TV package on 2 x Virgin 360 boxes
Sky Sports
Sky Movies with UHD
BT Sport
250Gb o2 SIM (Upgraded to Unlimited via Volt)
M600 Broadband (Had hoped they’d upgrade to Gig1 but maybe not?)
Talk More Anytime

Paying £85 for the above.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: May 1, 2022, 11:49:10 am »
I have left them but kept internet, they threw nothing at me to stay on TV

Pretty inept. I probably wouldn't have but maaaaybe.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #687 on: May 2, 2022, 12:33:19 pm »
They’re just a shambles aren’t they.

Back in my day working there before they outsourced everything there was a dedicated customer liaison team that sorted all this stuff out quickly, nowadays they just don’t give one.

I’ve just been through the retentions process myself and ended with…

Full TV package on 2 x Virgin 360 boxes
Sky Sports
Sky Movies with UHD
BT Sport
250Gb o2 SIM (Upgraded to Unlimited via Volt)
M600 Broadband (Had hoped they’d upgrade to Gig1 but maybe not?)
Talk More Anytime

Paying £85 for the above.

Nice deal!

I actually managed to speak to someone today who was both competent and helpful, so hopefully should be on 1 gig by Wednesday at the old price.

Contract only has 3 months to run now though, so will have to go through the cancellation and haggling dance again in 2 months!

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #688 on: June 13, 2022, 02:18:47 pm »
Been quoted by Virgin

1GB Fibre
BT Sport HD
Sky Sports HD
Sky Cinema HD
Netflix
Multiroom
Landline inc Anytime Calls
Unlimited Data SIM

£85 per month

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: June 14, 2022, 06:27:23 am »
Was paying slightly less for far less when I left em (except for the net)

Throwing in the Sport Channels might have kept me.. Maybe

Yeah seems a good deal to me. If its cable Internet, mine is so reliable I work remotely on it

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #690 on: July 7, 2022, 03:04:35 pm »
I've only got Phone (24/7 calls inclusive) and 100mb Broadband with them and paying £65 a month.......do they do deals for that package if I threaten to leave? Seems a lot compared to deals including better broadband and likes of sky movies, sports etc.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #691 on: July 7, 2022, 03:09:15 pm »
I've only got Phone (24/7 calls inclusive) and 100mb Broadband with them and paying £65 a month.......do they do deals for that package if I threaten to leave? Seems a lot compared to deals including better broadband and likes of sky movies, sports etc.

I'm on 350mb with landline phone (which I never use) for £35 a month.  They recently gave me that deal after I called them and said I could get a better deal with BT than the one I was previously on (was 200mb and phone for £40 a month).
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: July 8, 2022, 09:01:00 pm »
So contract come to an end and Monthly M100 broadband only going from £35 to £48 a month , so call sky who I’m with for tv and they offer 157meg fibre for either £32 a month for 18 months or three months free then 15 @£35 which worked out just under £30 a month

Called virgin explained then she said best we can do for M100 Is £41 so ask to cancel , get out through to retentions and she offered straight away M200 upgrade for £31 a month for 18 month contract

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #693 on: July 22, 2022, 12:41:12 pm »
They are a turd of a company. I had a deal for £76 per month which included Sky Sports, each month my bill was £90 odd quid with them blaming call usage and other nonsense. I stopped my direct debt until I got it sorted and now they refuse to change my package. I'd leave them in a flash but I need the internet and the season starts soon.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: October 12, 2022, 10:03:43 am »
Anyone know what they're offering on the 1GB?

On broadband only with them and contract ends this month, I fucking hate calling them cos it's always a pain in the arse. Had a look on the website and they're offering what I have now for £41 but I have to take a phone line or it's £62 (like, fuck off) or £60 for the 1GB, and want an idea of what shite lines I'm gonna have to deal with to get them to give me something good. If you take a phone line, you don't have to actually plug a phone in, right? they just activate the line?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: October 12, 2022, 10:57:47 am »
Your landline phone plugs into the Hub nowadays, it’s done over IP.

I’m paying £60 for Gig1 broadband, phone, 2 x Virgin 360 boxes with all Sports/Movies etc, UHD (not that there is any really) and Netflix.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: October 12, 2022, 11:01:50 am »
that makes this even more stupid but I guess I can never use it and £20/mo isn't to be sniffed at these days.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #697 on: October 12, 2022, 02:09:45 pm »
Anyone know what they're offering on the 1GB?

On broadband only with them and contract ends this month, I fucking hate calling them cos it's always a pain in the arse. Had a look on the website and they're offering what I have now for £41 but I have to take a phone line or it's £62 (like, fuck off) or £60 for the 1GB, and want an idea of what shite lines I'm gonna have to deal with to get them to give me something good. If you take a phone line, you don't have to actually plug a phone in, right? they just activate the line?

This sounds similar to what we have. We phoned up wanting to remove the phoneline (never used) and tv box (we just watch streaming services) and it came down to around £40/month for the 1gb broadband. Service can be patchy but still fastest in our area.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #698 on: October 12, 2022, 05:04:20 pm »
Your landline phone plugs into the Hub nowadays, it’s done over IP.

I’m paying £60 for Gig1 broadband, phone, 2 x Virgin 360 boxes with all Sports/Movies etc, UHD (not that there is any really) and Netflix.

How have you got that?  Is that some sort of wangle from your Blueyonder days?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: October 12, 2022, 05:25:49 pm »
This sounds similar to what we have. We phoned up wanting to remove the phoneline (never used) and tv box (we just watch streaming services) and it came down to around £40/month for the 1gb broadband. Service can be patchy but still fastest in our area.

Oh that sounds perfect, I'll give them a ring this week cos I'm paying £54 now for 500mb, would've been okay with taking the phone line to get it for £41 but if they can be talked into upping it ;) I've been with them 9 years now and the loyalty discounts are always shit cos they've got no real competition round here.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: October 12, 2022, 09:18:49 pm »
How have you got that?  Is that some sort of wangle from your Blueyonder days?

No I wasn’t with them for many years. Moved into a new build in 2020 and the houses were pre-wired with Virgin and had very nice introductory offers which I just held them to when the first contract ran out.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #701 on: October 13, 2022, 10:47:09 am »
No I wasn’t with them for many years. Moved into a new build in 2020 and the houses were pre-wired with Virgin and had very nice introductory offers which I just held them to when the first contract ran out.

Fair play mate. Cracking deal that.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #702 on: October 16, 2022, 12:55:11 am »
Oh that sounds perfect, I'll give them a ring this week cos I'm paying £54 now for 500mb, would've been okay with taking the phone line to get it for £41 but if they can be talked into upping it ;) I've been with them 9 years now and the loyalty discounts are always shit cos they've got no real competition round here.
Just kindly inform them that you longer want their services after the contract expires....

Then see how nice they become and will basically give in to whatever you want....probably at £41 or even less a month!

Just give it a go. You won't be disappointed.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #703 on: October 16, 2022, 11:28:43 am »
Looking at taking advantage of the free upgrade to TV360. Anyone in here have it and give us an insight as to what it’s like to use/functional compared to the V6 TiVo?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: October 16, 2022, 12:15:10 pm »
360 is miles better. Much less clunky and more like the Sky Q interface. Channel changes are significantly faster too.

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #705 on: October 16, 2022, 12:18:27 pm »
360 is miles better. Much less clunky and more like the Sky Q interface. Channel changes are significantly faster too.

Cheers Graeme. You recommend it then mate?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: October 16, 2022, 12:26:20 pm »
Yeah 100% the difference is night and day.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: October 26, 2022, 12:37:44 pm »
Got nowhere with them, no loyalty offers and no discounts so I've gone over to virgin media business. If you're WFH and don't want their other services then it's worth a look.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #708 on: October 26, 2022, 12:44:44 pm »
Got nowhere with them, no loyalty offers and no discounts so I've gone over to virgin media business. If you're WFH and don't want their other services then it's worth a look.

If you give them notice to cancel the general feeling is that somebody will call you back ahead of your termination date. Not had to go that far with them in the past though.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: October 26, 2022, 12:57:42 pm »
If you give them notice to cancel the general feeling is that somebody will call you back ahead of your termination date. Not had to go that far with them in the past though.

I won't get the price I've got with the business so not too worried. Business were really good, got straight through and didn't have to endure the usual nonsense. First person I spoke to on residential put me on hold every 30 seconds and I was on the phone for well over an hour. At one point he tried to dress up the standard price I'd already been given as an offer by increasing the pitch in his voice.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #710 on: October 26, 2022, 01:46:24 pm »
Seems like it might just be the luck of which operator you land? We had two people who were more than happy to allow us to change our package even though they were going to be getting less a month from us. They even came to get the telly box thing.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: October 27, 2022, 09:46:30 pm »
Timing probably plays a part as well, sales teams targets for commission etc. Getting what I wanted and it's a contracted price so no sneaky increases!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: October 28, 2022, 10:58:31 am »
They asked if I wanted to register as a business or individual and I said as an individual and that I work from home permanently, they didn't have a problem with that and said it's been common since the pandemic.

No questions about VAT registered or asked who I work for at all.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: October 28, 2022, 11:36:13 am »
What service have you gone for and how much was it out of curiosity?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: October 28, 2022, 12:44:46 pm »
600mb for £40, on residential for new customers with the phone line the cheapest was £38 that I'd seen so can't complain.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #715 on: November 2, 2022, 02:07:39 pm »
Can anyone recommend a decent Wi-Fi extender (or is it a repeater?) that works with the virgin hub?   My hub is downstairs and the broadband is really slow upstairs, so I guess it’s a weak signal. 

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: November 2, 2022, 02:32:20 pm »
The WiFi on the hubs are really poor. You’d probably be better buying a standalone router, putting the hub in ‘Modem Mode’ and letting your 3rd party router handle everything else. Even a fairly budget one would probably outperform the hub.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #717 on: November 2, 2022, 02:37:11 pm »
The WiFi on the hubs are really poor. You’d probably be better buying a standalone router, putting the hub in ‘Modem Mode’ and letting your 3rd party router handle everything else. Even a fairly budget one would probably outperform the hub.
I have not idea how to do any of that  ;D

I’m not a complete luddite, so if it’s easy and you can point me in the direction of simple instructions, I may give it a try.  If not, a Wi-Fi repeater plugged in upstairs may be easier?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #718 on: November 2, 2022, 02:45:24 pm »

I’m not a complete luddite, so if it’s easy and you can point me in the direction of simple instructions, I may give it a try.  If not, a Wi-Fi repeater plugged in upstairs may be easier?

Yes, though 'mesh' seems to now be the buzzword for multiple repeaters in the house. We've got one (albeit a cheap one) and I'm not sure it's really making a lot of difference.  Though I think it's more that teenagers are just designed to moan about the wifi.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: November 2, 2022, 03:12:45 pm »

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/intelligent-wifi