Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12293217 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #100840 on: September 26, 2019, 01:19:06 pm »
Dreaming of seeing Curtis Jones playing centre mid for us in a couple of years.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #100841 on: September 26, 2019, 01:37:20 pm »
I know.

But it doesn't take a professional talent scout to see he's not very quick, and prefers the ball in to feet than in behind. Ergo, he will not replicate what Salah or Mane do for us. Hence, it's worth sparing a thought as to how we get the best out of his abilities (which are abundant). No?

Looks pretty quick to me. I don't know who is expecting him to play Mane's role in the first place? As for where he prefers the ball, again, he's sixteen and has been here less than two months.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #100842 on: September 26, 2019, 01:41:46 pm »
Bobby Duncan must be kicking himself now. If he had stayed a few weeks he would of official had played for Liverpool 1st team now with the next round to look forward too.

Instead he is in Italy more than likely all alone.

All the young  players that played or in the squad can all least forever say I played or was in the 1st squad for Liverpool FC. 

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #100843 on: September 26, 2019, 01:53:19 pm »
Bobby Duncan must be kicking himself now. If he had stayed a few weeks he would of official had played for Liverpool 1st team now with the next round to look forward too.

All the young  players that played or in the squad can all least forever say I played or was in the 1st squad for Liverpool FC.

Is he top scorer in Serie A yet?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100844 on: September 26, 2019, 02:19:45 pm »
Is he top scorer in Serie A yet?

In Italy teams are allowed to name a 23 man squad for games and he's not even on the bench.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #100845 on: September 26, 2019, 02:35:04 pm »
In Italy teams are allowed to name a 23 man squad for games and he's not even on the bench.

he's playing for their U19 team at the moment.

Doubt he'd have started last night anyway had he stayed. Might have made the bench of course, but not sure he'd be  getting in a starting 11 ahead of Elliott and Brewster.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #100846 on: September 26, 2019, 02:38:03 pm »
Didn't see the game, but where do people see Elliott and Jones playing in the future, position wise?.
Are there any quick wingers who have a bit of flair/creativity about them in the youth teams?.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100847 on: September 26, 2019, 02:51:39 pm »
I think Curtis Jones is quality and can play in the center of mid.  He's also got the nous and goal instinct too, could see him further up.  He's not got blazing speed but he's athletic enough.  And sweet jesus do I love his hair mistaken choices, he's had some mares with the hair, it's glorious
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Floop

• Main Stander
« Reply #100848 on: September 26, 2019, 03:42:35 pm »
Didn't see the game, but where do people see Elliott and Jones playing in the future, position wise?.
Are there any quick wingers who have a bit of flair/creativity about them in the youth teams?.

Think elliott has the flair/creativity to stay on the wing, feel like he'd be wasted dropping deeper.
I feel like Curtis Jones could be trained to play quite a deep central midfield role ala Wijnaldum, got great technique and is very press resistant - taller than I remember too.

Further down Layton Stewart is the main man for the u18s right now and he plays on the wing or up front.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100849 on: September 26, 2019, 03:54:25 pm »

The next round vs Arsenal? Not sure how many kids we will see then. Anyway Duncan has moved on from the club and he couldn't get out quick enough could he. Plus he would have know there was a possibility he could het a cup appearence or bench appearence  this year so I would be very surprised if he is kicking himself.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100850 on: September 26, 2019, 05:19:14 pm »
We don't really have any wingers from u18s up.

Jones should be a centre mid. Don't think he plays much there though for a while

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #100851 on: September 27, 2019, 04:42:10 am »
We don't really have any wingers from u18s up.

Jones should be a centre mid. Don't think he plays much there though for a while

So what happens in future when Salah/Mane are phased out (dont get me wrong i hope we have them for a long time....)??

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100852 on: September 27, 2019, 07:25:39 am »
So what happens in future when Salah/Mane are phased out (dont get me wrong i hope we have them for a long time....)??
We buy players

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #100853 on: September 27, 2019, 07:35:56 am »
he's playing for their U19 team at the moment.

Doubt he'd have started last night anyway had he stayed. Might have made the bench of course, but not sure he'd be  getting in a starting 11 ahead of Elliott and Brewster.

I don't blame Duncan for leaving for first team football but he's got as much chance of getting in their team as he did ours.  He should have gone to a League One team like Kane last season, or a team in Holland or something.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #100854 on: September 27, 2019, 10:55:02 am »
Enjoyed watching the youngsters at MK and I fancied seeing some of them again tomorrow.   But the game against Arsenal is at 1pm whilst the first team play at 12.30pm.  Sigh.  Why are they not arranged at different times?

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100855 on: September 28, 2019, 12:26:11 pm »
And the U18s are also playing right now, started at 1100 and we’re 2-0 down I think despite a strong starting team - Ojrzyinski, walls, Koumetio, savage, Norris, brookwell, Cain, Clarkson, Hill, orouke, Stewart.  It’s a Premier League U18s cup game so I guess it’s a knockout.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100856 on: September 28, 2019, 12:41:15 pm »
2-1 to Swansea now.  O’rourke Got one back but time is getting short

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100857 on: September 28, 2019, 12:59:08 pm »
Sure everyone’s watching the senior team U18s have just gone 3-2 up.  Owen Beck came on and scored our second.  The O’Rourke deep into injury time

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100858 on: September 28, 2019, 02:36:31 pm »
Sure everyone’s watching the senior team U18s have just gone 3-2 up.  Owen Beck came on and scored our second.  The O’Rourke deep into injury time

so 3 points for the juniors then? our youth seem to be taken a beating a bit this season as some of them are fast tracked to u21s and the senior team.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100859 on: September 28, 2019, 04:03:21 pm »
so 3 points for the juniors then? our youth seem to be taken a beating a bit this season as some of them are fast tracked to u21s and the senior team.
U18s have been fine. U23s have been shipping loads of goals though.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #100860 on: September 29, 2019, 02:20:45 pm »
U18s have been fine. U23s have been shipping loads of goals though.
Got rid of three central defenders pre season to give the young ones a go. Short term difficulty but hopefully will be ok long term.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100861 on: September 30, 2019, 02:35:30 am »
#LFC close to adding Porto coach Vitor Matos to Jurgen Klopp’s staff. Set to take on Pep Lijnders’ former role as a bridge between the academy and Melwood for young talents.

https://twitter.com/lynchstandard/status/1178422725561520128?s=21

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100862 on: September 30, 2019, 07:27:25 am »

About time. The current U23 coach needs help- just like the goalkeeper coach did.
Very sensible and respectful way of making tweaks to the coaching staff

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100863 on: September 30, 2019, 10:26:38 am »

You'd imagine Ljinders knows him well, with the Porto connection. Be a great move if he can have even some of the effect Pep did.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #100864 on: September 30, 2019, 12:59:54 pm »
Got rid of three central defenders pre season to give the young ones a go. Short term difficulty but hopefully will be ok long term.

Are we pairing Van Den Berg and Hoever there now?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #100865 on: September 30, 2019, 01:16:36 pm »
Funny how you spend 10 mins on wikipedia to look up older players and see majority of them have done sod all. Especially those who were in a rush to leave

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #100866 on: October 1, 2019, 04:59:25 pm »
Some more on the new development coach:

Klopp confirms Vitor Matos joins Liverpool FC coaching staff

Vitor Matos has officially joined the Liverpool FC staff as elite development coach.

He moves to the Reds from FC Porto, where he served as assistant coach of the Portuguese club’s B Team, who play in the country’s second tier, in 2018-19.

That was Matos’ second spell with Porto and followed two years in China, where he was youth technical coordinator and U16 head coach for Shandong Luneng.

At Liverpool, the 31-year-old takes up the position previously held by current Reds assistant manager Pepijn Lijnders, who also switched to Merseyside from Porto.

Jürgen Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “We’ve worked for a while on it. We had the idea that it makes real sense because we have so many outstanding, young boys.

“The situation is a little bit like this: if you are in pre-season, they are with us and we need them for training, for the games and all that stuff. But then the season starts and all the big guns come back and we don’t want to give them the feeling they are now a bit further away again.

“So we thought it made sense that they really get their specific coach again what Pep did years ago when I came in. I loved the fact I got a sensational assistant manager, but we lost the development coach a little bit.

“We had to fill that void and we’ve done that with a really great guy, an outstanding coach. Young and experienced, you don’t get that a lot. A kind of guy who is used to having six or seven sessions a day.

“He is smart, his English is very good – which is obviously important – and he has worked at different clubs, but is educated at Porto, which is good for us because Pep is from there as well.

“He had made his own experience already and now we can all get the benefit of that. It will be great for the boys 100 per cent.

“We have to introduce him to the boys, but he will do that today.”

Vitor – who holds the UEFA Elite Youth A Licence – had previously built up a wealth of experience at Porto between 2011 and 2016, taking up a variety of roles at different age groups.

That encompassed head coach roles at U10, U12 and U14 level, U15s and U17s assistant coach positions, and opposition scouting for U19s and Porto B.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/367054-jurgen-klopp-vitor-matos-coach-appointment

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #100867 on: October 1, 2019, 06:12:25 pm »
Funny how you spend 10 mins on wikipedia to look up older players and see majority of them have done sod all. Especially those who were in a rush to leave
It makes me a bit sad to be honest

The big youth prospect that I was first aware of from being on here was Pacheco, and that was a massive lesson learned in terms of not assuming that anyone will make it at the very top, no matter how good they are in youth and reserve teams. Even those who are having half-decent careers like Rossiter are well below where people expected them to be, and then there are those like Lauri Dalla Valle who retire at 27.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #100868 on: October 1, 2019, 06:38:08 pm »
It makes me a bit sad to be honest

The big youth prospect that I was first aware of from being on here was Pacheco, and that was a massive lesson learned in terms of not assuming that anyone will make it at the very top, no matter how good they are in youth and reserve teams. Even those who are having half-decent careers like Rossiter are well below where people expected them to be, and then there are those like Lauri Dalla Valle who retire at 27.

Definitely shows how hard it is! Especially seeming so many 'great' youngsters now playing non league etc...it only started with seeing how Bobby Adekanye was doing and then fell down a rabbit hole

as an edit to that.....I'm really surprised how many goal scorers in the youth teams went on to spend their entire careers basically scoring none

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100869 on: October 2, 2019, 01:56:50 pm »
Line up for the Uefa u19 match v Salzburg staring at 3.00 pm is Ojzynski, Williams, Larouci, Hoever, Vand den Berg, Boyes, Dixon-B, Clarkson, Brewster, Jones, Elliott.  Looks like 3 at the back.  No Cain, but he might be on the bench.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100870 on: October 2, 2019, 02:47:31 pm »
Will this be on YouTube?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100871 on: October 2, 2019, 03:05:11 pm »
Shit! Did you see that?

Great strike from Larouci. 1-0 to the young Reds.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100872 on: October 2, 2019, 03:06:05 pm »
Excellent goal well done Larouci!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100873 on: October 2, 2019, 03:06:35 pm »
Will this be on YouTube?

Doesn't look like it. Barcelona-Inter is the only game on their website.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100874 on: October 2, 2019, 03:21:36 pm »
Salzburg equalise, 1-1.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100875 on: October 2, 2019, 03:26:55 pm »
Doesn't look like it. Barcelona-Inter is the only game on their website.
In that case, anyone got a stream?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100876 on: October 2, 2019, 03:40:50 pm »

Sorry, watching on BT Sport.

Offline soft lad

• Main Stander
  • I think therefore i am.I'm pink therefore i'm spam
« Reply #100877 on: October 2, 2019, 04:14:52 pm »

http://live.harleyquinnwidget.live/freelivematch/7350652057442690.html

try this one.

use an add blocker.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2019, 04:18:04 pm by soft lad »
"He says i'm a minor, but i've told him I work on a sewage farm!"

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #100878 on: October 2, 2019, 04:26:22 pm »
2-1 RBS. Our lot haven't got wings this half  :(  :(

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #100879 on: October 2, 2019, 04:32:30 pm »
I hate to be negative, but Harvey Elliot's hair. What the fuck, Harvey.
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE