Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440269 times)

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I've been told I can't get a lift to work anymore and I'll have to get the bus. Only one person allowed in the same car unless you're from the same household apparently. Not the biggest problem I'll face, but still an absolute pain in the arse.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
Went into Huyton this morning to get some essentials, never seen it so quiet which is good because people are listening to this lockdown.
For those of you needing toilet roll, Pound Stretcher Huyton has loads of it!

Anyway.... both Iceland and Herons were using a one in, one out policy and I was chuffed to see everyone keeping the required distance whilst patiently waiting.

Half way into my shop I hear a commotion and see an older lady (about late 60s) shouting into the shop "are you letting me in or what?!!" then getting a row with another older lady about pushing in.

Without wishing to cause offence, it seems to me that the main "no fucks given" brigade are actually the arl ones. Most young and middle-aged people seemed to be following rules with little fuss.

Obviously this isn't the entire case across the UK but interesting to see.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still nothing about agency/zero hour contract workers then.

Looks like i’ll just have to hope for UC

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
yeah i feared as much mate.

If I remember correctly you have some health issues so may not want to go out, but I went to my local Tesco’s today and it wasn’t too bad. Had to queue to get in and the queue was long because everyone was so spaced out so wasn’t that big in terms of people and they were only letting 100 people in so there was plenty of space inside the store. Shelves were pretty full, no one looked like they were buying tonnes of stuff and again the check out queues were well spaced out.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Iceland is £25, Sainsbury's is £25 minimum order, Waitrose is £60 minimum, the rest £40 minimum, but a few then charge an extra fee for delivery too.

Quite sure Sainsburys is 40 too mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
320 new cases and 12 new deaths in the uk according to worldometers

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Check out Hannah Foods in Skem. Predominantly suppliers to restaurant and catering trades but allowing consumers to now purchase. Loads of stock of everything. Some of it bulky in size but there’s availability and you can have it delivered or collect in an allocated time slot. 10% off for NHS too.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
320 new cases and 12 new deaths in the uk according to worldometers
when people post these stats at least state it doesn't include England, misleading otherwise

and annoying, was about 20 posts like this yesterday

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
Well, im fucked.

Self employed for 11 months now, so no tax returns, and Ive already paid all my taxes through CIS (overpaid actually ), so tax deferrals don't help.
And in the future Rishi wants to tax me more... All good stuff.

They should have done PAYE over three years too, Id have qualified for that before becoming self employed.

Paid over 200k in taxes over my lifetime and I get zilch.

Wankers the lot of them.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Looks like Geoff Boycott???

Why, whats wrong with Geoff's? What have they gone and done?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
How accepting of the lockdown are people? Have opinions changed?

I ask because I don't know what my reaction would be if we went for a lockdown. On one hand it would be easier for me if I wasn't allowed to go out. I'd have to adapt to the new situation and initially I don't think I would mind. But I think I would be concerned from the perspective of individual freedom. I don't want to see the police marching up and down the street to keep the population under control.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Sounded like code for increased National Insurance contributions.

First hint of the next decade for everyone?
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
I say lock it down fully, everyone forcefully stay indoors until things die down

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I say lock it down fully, everyone forcefully stay indoors until things die down

You quite simply can't do that and it could be months and months until things 'die down'.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....

How can that be enforced? Do you really think that's possible mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed

Congratulations - you have just won the March award for 'the poorest choice of words' award.

No speech needed, the trophy is in the post.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Well, im fucked.

Self employed for 11 months now, so no tax returns, and Ive already paid all my taxes through CIS (overpaid actually ), so tax deferrals don't help.

They should have done PAYE over three years too, Id have qualified for that before becoming self employed.

Wankers the lot of them.
In the Q&A, didn't he say you can provide the proofs of income for the months you've got?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.

I ask because I don't know what my reaction would be if we went for a lockdown. On one hand it would be easier for me if I wasn't allowed to go out. I'd have to adapt to the new situation and initially I don't think I would mind. But I think I would be concerned from the perspective of individual freedom. I don't want to see the police marching up and down the street to keep the population under control.

I went out for the first time in 3 weeks this morning. I live on one of the main arterial roads into central Manchester. Traffic and people about was Christmas morning quiet. Saw one person on a bus heading into the city centre. I was the only person waiting to get a parcel from the delivery office - usually there's a big queue. Only person but for the cashier in the local cornershop too, and that's usually rammed. Polling for the policy is at something daft like 93% support so I'd think it'll be a while before it fades if people keep being told by the medical (especially) and scientific experts it's needed.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada

I'm totally fine with the lockdown,. but its how I lived a lot of my life for ages now and its helps I guess I only have myself to worry about.

Weighted myself earlier since the lockdown I've lost a stone I guess it more healthy careful eating.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite

Most seem to have accepted the lockdown, like in my area is a lot quieter than it normally is, & i live next to a bust main road, this time of day traffic can be heaving but moving, but has a Sunday feel, also not many people walking too, also opposite mine is one of the main bus stops in the area serves about 4 main routes, can be 10 & more deep with people waiting for a bus this time of day but there's no one waiting.
#Sausages

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
In the Q&A, didn't he say you can provide the proofs of income for the months you've got?

No , he said its too complex if you're under 1 year in business as they cant look at tax returns.

Income doesn't show profit/ loss so it doesn't help.

Still, Im ok, ill go out tonight, buy some food, and pay with unity and tell the shop keeper we are all in this together.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Does he get £5k every time he says 'Unprecented' ?

No, but he does get an unprecedented number of opportunities to say it.

He’s patted himself and the government on the back that often in that presentation, aim surprised he didn’t develop a cough.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
Well, im fucked.

Wankers the lot of them.

You will get it, as soon as you put in your tax return and if you’re not working you could arrange that now.

You can access a 12 month interest free loan, 80% of it guaranteed by the government, very quickly as well.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:46:38 pm by KennyDaggers »

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
when people post these stats at least state it doesn't include England, misleading otherwise

and annoying, was about 20 posts like this yesterday
Yep, also pissing me off. Better to wait until it’s officially released.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
You will get it, as soon as you put in your tax return and if you’re not working you could arrange that now.

You can access a 12 month interest free loan very quickly though.
End of March tax year, definitely do this now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

I'm not really arsed about it. We're being sensible to hopefully protect others.

If you're not 'accepting' it then you're a c*nt IMO.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
No, but he does get an unprecedented number of opportunities to say it.

He’s patted himself and the government on the back that often in that presentation, aim surprised he didn’t develop a cough.

The "Sunak for PM" stuff already gone to his head, I reckon.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

You can access a 12 month interest free loan very quickly though.

Ill see if I can file early, but it would be for this year not last..... It doesn't feel good this.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
The big losers on this one appear to be.

Those who might actually need some cash in the next 3 and a bit months
Those who have been trading for less than a year
Those who have profits of £50,001 and over
Those who conduct business through a one-person limited company, as opposed to as a sole trader

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
The big losers on this one appear to be.

Those who might actually need some cash in the next 3 and a bit months
Those who have been trading for less than a year
Those who have profits of £50,001 and over
Those who conduct business through a one-person limited company, as opposed to as a sole trader

I'd say the big losers are those that have lost their life or have now got life-changing effects from the virus myself.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
Ill see if I can file early, but it would be for this year not last..... It doesn't feel good this.

You can file provisional accounts ASAP, they don’t have to be signed off as definitive for ages yet and they can still be altered but that would do.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Thought this was fairly interesting;

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/03/22/many-britons-are-not-taking-social-distancing-for-covid-19-seriously?fsrc=scn%2Ffb%2Fte%2Fbl%2Fed%2Fdailychartmanybritonsarenottakingsocialdistancingforcovid19seriouslygraphicdetail

Many Britons are not taking social distancing for covid-19 seriously

Data from Citymapper, a route-planning app, show they are moving around more than other Europeans

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
I'd say the big losers are those that have lost their life or have now got life-changing effects from the virus myself.

I meant of Sunak's statement obviously.  ::)

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
You can file provisional accounts ASAP, they don’t have to be signed off as definitive for ages yet and they can still be altered but that would do.

Im one of the 5% , without the 200k income.

Ill have a word with my accountant, and look at this loan thing.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Why post that? Think it’s sensible to assume he was talking from a financial standpoint and not being heartless.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
I hate that the News channels are saying that no other country has helped the self-employed like the UK.

When countries like Ireland have brought in a basic wage for the sick and the unemployed of £320 a week while the UK is asking the self employed to sign on for £94 a week for at least 3 months.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I meant of Sunak's statement obviously.  ::)

Yeah I know. But people seem to be forgetting the whole reason of this shitshow sometimes mate.

We're all in the same boat (If you're in a locked-down country) - so everyone is having to change their lifestyles drastically and some people are going to suffer more than any others.

I'm not fan of the Tories, but I'm not that sure what else they can do now (We all agree that they were too late with the Lockdown - that's water under the bridge and that their strategy initially - and maybe even now - is probably shite)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!

Quite.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Why post that? Think it’s sensible to assume he was talking from a financial standpoint and not being heartless.

Because I've been seeing more and more of it from certain friends.

Angry about everything that's affecting them personally - like it's all about them - that there is no good reason for any of it.

Perhaps there isn't. Perhaps we're in lockdown for a lie. Maybe we have all been conned.

But I don't see that myself. I'm more upset about the tons of people that are going to lose loved ones or the lives or their friends or family.

This whole thing is a shitshow and it's going to affect everyone for decades to come.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
I went out for the first time in 3 weeks this morning. I live on one of the main arterial roads into central Manchester. Traffic and people about was Christmas morning quiet. Saw one person on a bus heading into the city centre. I was the only person waiting to get a parcel from the delivery office - usually there's a big queue. Only person but for the cashier in the local cornershop too, and that's usually rammed. Polling for the policy is at something daft like 93% support so I'd think it'll be a while before it fades if people keep being told by the medical (especially) and scientific experts it's needed.

Most seem to have accepted the lockdown, like in my area is a lot quieter than it normally is, & i live next to a bust main road, this time of day traffic can be heaving but moving, but has a Sunday feel, also not many people walking too, also opposite mine is one of the main bus stops in the area serves about 4 main routes, can be 10 & more deep with people waiting for a bus this time of day but there's no one waiting.

I'm totally fine with the lockdown,. but its how I lived a lot of my life for ages now and its helps I guess I only have myself to worry about.

Weighted myself earlier since the lockdown I've lost a stone I guess it more healthy careful eating.

Sounds OK. It's not as extreme over here, but one can definitely notice that less people are out. That has some advantages, like you have described. I definitely don't mind taking the train when it's like this. Seats are grouped four by four. Normally at least three of those four seats are occupied. Now it's one and it's like ’what are you doing?’ if it goes up to two. Strange. Your situation is more extreme and if I were you I'd take pictures because I don't think this will happen again for a while. It will be something to remember.

Didn't expect 93% to be honest. Even if it's early on, I think that's very high. No concerns from yourselves?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez