Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586790 times)

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3680 on: March 11, 2019, 07:43:48 pm »
Two things. Firstly, you're assuming your knowledge of the game is equal to theirs. It's not. Your vision of the game is severely limited by your knowledge of the game and your experience in it - as it is for probably 90% of all spectators. Secondly, I did say "seeing it and changing it are two different things". You can only make effective changes if you have the players to make effective changes with.

Well I'm sure not for the first and I'd guess last time either you'd assume wrong.  Funny how it works with assumptions.  But I digress.

Where your assumption is wrong is that I don't believe that it's even possible to say with even 1% certainty that by doing X will give you result Y when it comes to player substitutions.  The variables are huge and the amount of instances where you have the same exact scenario characteristics are 1 in a 10000000 maybe?  Same minute of the game, same opponent, same score line, exact same players, same level of fatigue, same stadium even?  Weather?  It's never exactly the same.  So managers smarter than me and more experienced than me will have a better understanding than me to make the most informed choice possible.  Does that mean that if they had the exact player needed for the situation they would be 100% right every time?  I would guess probably not.  And then even for there not being a "perfect" choice available for a professional level manager, he or she is with those 7 substitutes every day for possibly years and should know the best possible use for those players right?  And yet I can't recall any manager being lauded for consistent use of subs to the point where they're considered for a better job or people want to hire away their assistants to learn the secret sauce they use.  Making consistent changes to improve your teams chances of winning would seem pretty important no?

Anyway, I know this is claimed as something knowledgeable after every game for good or ill in that Klopp did this right or this wrong.  I don't normally care.  But if some poster is going to throw it in my face when I didn't even say anything about it then I'm going to laugh and laugh at them as it's a joke.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #3681 on: March 11, 2019, 11:13:44 pm »
Was worth his weight in gold on Sunday. A supporting midfielder with a perfect first touch and positive aggression is so useful for this entire team.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3682 on: March 12, 2019, 01:38:43 am »
Provided a link between midfield and attack - something we've barely had this season with Ox out and Keita not settling.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3683 on: March 12, 2019, 02:14:32 am »
That fake that he pulled following a short corner was breath taking.  Probably one of the best in the game at that.

If Lallana can stay fit and offer this same kind of energy and creativity to our play consistently, he could be a big factor in the remaining games.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #3684 on: March 12, 2019, 08:20:27 am »
Brilliant when in midfield. Even when not in top form, always offers a something. When in top form, just about perfect for our midfield.

But Jurgen - please dont ever play him as part of the front 3.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3685 on: March 12, 2019, 08:33:46 am »
Like signing a new player, hope he stays fit.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #3686 on: March 12, 2019, 02:24:52 pm »
Give those German lads something to think about.
Forgive me, Yorky, but I couldn't help read this in a Cholmondely-Warner type voice.
We'll give those Jerries what for and make no mistake! ;)
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3687 on: March 12, 2019, 02:30:23 pm »
People raving about his pressing and his technique. Both are true.

But what really stood out is his off-the-ball movement. When we were building the play, he'd drop deep to make himself available for a pass and knit the play together. When we were in the final third, he was making runs in between the lines...
Something that struck me watching the first half back is something we talked about a few pages back when discussing Keita Vs Milner Vs Hendo, after the Leicester or West Ham game, I think.

And it's that Lallana is another player who not only doesn't need space, but actively puts himself into places where there isn't any, because he backs himself not to lose the ball if it's given to him there. This means that 1) He is constantly 'involved', even when he's not on the ball - he occupies defenders by invading their zone. This means those defenders can't move to cover problems elsewhere, which then 2) Creates space for others to use. And this was a very noticeable aspect of that off-the-ball running. Not only were the front three able to stay higher because they had another player feeding them possession in dangerous areas, they also had more space to use in those areas because they weren't the only ones occupying that back 4.

As an aside, another moment I absolutely loved was when he overlapped Robertson in the first 10 minutes or so and put in an almost inch-perfect cross first time, on the run, with his left foot. His balance and two-footedness is wonderful, and there's very, very few players who can cross like that on their weaker foot.

He's a lovely footballer when he's on it. Not the kind of footballer that kids want to be, but the kind of footballer you want to show to kids to show them how to be footballers.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3688 on: March 12, 2019, 02:39:28 pm »
think having him on the pitch gets the best out of Bobby too as it allows Bobby to press higher up the pitch
Actually, thinking about it, players who allow other players to play higher up the pitch are some of the very best players to have, and it starts in goal.

Alisson pushes a defensive line 5-10 yards higher because he's so good off his line.
VVD and Gomez add another 5-10 because their recovery pace is so damn good and they're so comfortable in possession.
Robertson and Trent Keep that solid, and keep teams hemmed in because they can act as auxiliary wingers while still maintaining that defensive line.
Fabinho, again, a player that physically dominates his zone but has the technical skills to get it to players in their zones. He's the one who allows the 8s to focus on creating attacking opportunities.

And then the 8s themselves - and what a difference it makes when it's them circulating the ball to the front 3 who are all occupying the opposition back 4, rather than having to either drop deep all the time to get the ball, or move ahead of play all the time to create a threat.

And the difference it makes when Bobby is harrassing their CBs rather than their DM - you're right that it's no coincidence that Firmino's own performance was off-the-charts good against Burnley. I mean he was fucking magnificent, just a relentless engine of threat creation.

Online Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3689 on: March 12, 2019, 02:47:33 pm »
Bit of a shame you somehow put Jordan in that nice post of yours. They have utterly different functions in the game. You just cant control a ball in crowded area in front of of the defence. You can do it furder forward as there is no risk to lose it. I think you are harsh to compare Hendo and Lallana recieving balls in totally diferent spaces. Even Klopp said he doesnt like his controlling midfielder taking any chance while getting a ball from defenders.

We know Adam is much more technical than Jordan - but would you like to see Lallana playing holding midfield, turning left right and centre? I deffo wouldnt.

You need to re-read Yorky's post.

He wasn't comparing Lallana and Henderson's reception of passes in tight areas. He was comparing their ability / inclination to make passes to players who are in tight areas themselves (Mane  in this example)
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3690 on: April 30, 2019, 01:49:12 pm »
Is he back training yet?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3691 on: May 1, 2019, 10:10:44 am »
Is he back training yet?

No. He's more injury prone than Sturridge. No idea if we'll be able to shift him in the summer. May have to let him leave on a free, no one will pay and offer him the wages he's on here. Shame as when he's really fit and had a long run of games he's a really good player. But like Sturridge if they can't keep themselves fit it's pointless.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3692 on: May 1, 2019, 10:17:24 am »
No. He's more injury prone than Sturridge. No idea if we'll be able to shift him in the summer. May have to let him leave on a free, no one will pay and offer him the wages he's on here. Shame as when he's really fit and had a long run of games he's a really good player. But like Sturridge if they can't keep themselves fit it's pointless.

Can see him finishing his career at Southampton so I wouldn't be surprised if he went there in the summer.  He does not have the durability to play the way we play and that is a real shame as he is a diamond player.  He is 31 next week so he needs to move on and we need younger stock in the stable

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3693 on: May 1, 2019, 10:21:28 am »
He’s a bit of a passenger at this stage. Unfortunate as when in form he’s a very good player but he’s had constant injuries for the last 2 seasons now (he’s managed 700 mins of PL football across both seasons).

I imagine the club may look to move him on this summer but i’d not be surprised to see him stay until he’s out of contract in summer 2020.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3694 on: May 1, 2019, 10:28:43 am »
Palace or Bournemouth can take him for 40m in summer. they are good at that
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3695 on: May 1, 2019, 10:50:12 am »
Can see him finishing his career at Southampton so I wouldn't be surprised if he went there in the summer.  He does not have the durability to play the way we play and that is a real shame as he is a diamond player.  He is 31 next week so he needs to move on and we need younger stock in the stable
Haasanhuttl teams the energetic high press game and Lallana will have the same problems he's had at our club the last 24 months.

I could see him going to Bournemouth though where he started his career.

Maybe we could get a Ibe type fee off them. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3696 on: May 1, 2019, 11:01:44 am »
Can't see us shifting him with his wages unless we do a deal for him to leave and take no fee. He's been handy a couple of times this season but the clue is in the number of appearances - a couple. We're well stocked in midfield and you'd think a fit Milner in his final season will be have more games.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3697 on: May 1, 2019, 11:08:15 am »
He’s a bit of a passenger at this stage. Unfortunate as when in form he’s a very good player but he’s had constant injuries for the last 2 seasons now (he’s managed 700 mins of PL football across both seasons).

I imagine the club may look to move him on this summer but i’d not be surprised to see him stay until he’s out of contract in summer 2020.

It's got contract expiry and a free written all over it, as well as an even lower possibility of minutes if fit.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3698 on: May 1, 2019, 12:37:00 pm »
I think he'll see out his contract. In fairness if he can get a good preseason under his belt, then he's a decent squad player to have in case of other injuries. However, I can't see him getting regular starts any more. The team has outgrown him and he's 31 now, which means he's very much on the decline physically.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3699 on: May 1, 2019, 04:26:04 pm »
The fans absolutely resent him so that would be interesting.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3700 on: May 1, 2019, 04:40:21 pm »
Haha, yeah back to the 30,000 who like nothing better than to sing 'Adam Lallana, we fucking hate you'

I can see that working

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3701 on: May 1, 2019, 05:22:48 pm »

Maybe not then!!!!

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3702 on: May 2, 2019, 03:14:07 am »
Unfortunely Lallana is finished at the top level, he is't even good enough as a sub for us to make an impact so I think it is finally time to park away.
Believer

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3703 on: May 2, 2019, 06:58:23 am »
Nobody is going to buy him, so he may just run his contract down and retire.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3704 on: May 2, 2019, 12:48:18 pm »
Unfortunely Lallana is finished at the top level, he is't even good enough as a sub for us to make an impact so I think it is finally time to park away.
The lad just needs to stay fit and if that's even possible, then get a run of games in midfield as he is quite useless as part of the front 3. In terms of quality he is good enough. Did you see his game vs Burnley? Was playing like a man possessed off the ball and was quality on it and help dig us out when we conceded the 1st goal and was probably MOTM - really helped elevated the whole team's play both ways. Then backed it up against Fulham but got injured again...

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3705 on: May 2, 2019, 01:09:16 pm »
Palace or Bournemouth can take him for 40m in summer. they are good at that

Yeah, we'd be lucky to get 12 million for him, as he seems to be gone as an actual footballer.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3707 on: June 5, 2019, 09:30:54 pm »
He isn't leaving

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adam-lallana-liverpool-transfer-news-16385104

He won't have a say in it, if Jurgen and the committee find a suitable replacement he'll be gone

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3708 on: June 5, 2019, 09:31:56 pm »
He won't have a say in it, if Jurgen and the committee find a suitable replacement he'll be gone

Would help if you read the article mate

" And the gaffer and his staff and the recruitment guys have all made it clear they know I have a big part to play with what's to come next, so I'm buzzing with that"

;)

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #3709 on: June 5, 2019, 09:35:28 pm »

" And the gaffer and his staff and the recruitment guys have all made it clear they know I have a big part to play with what's to come next, so I'm buzzing with that"

;)
coaching staff maybe? as lets be honest he cant be relied on for a season. Love the lad, not knocking him here.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3710 on: June 5, 2019, 09:35:56 pm »
He's got a contract so he's absolutely staying if that's what he wants.

Hopefully (big if though) he can get fit, lovely player when he is.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3711 on: June 5, 2019, 09:38:38 pm »

;)

They'll have said the same to all the under contract 1st team squad.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3712 on: June 5, 2019, 09:39:35 pm »

I’m not sure it works like that.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3713 on: June 5, 2019, 09:43:45 pm »
They'll have said the same to all the under contract 1st team squad.

Right, because we've never told anyone that they aren't part of our plans who were under contract under Klopp's reign, that's never happened.  ;D

We have no reason to tell someone that they're part of their plan if that isn't the case. That would be idiotic.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3714 on: June 5, 2019, 09:48:57 pm »
Right, because we've never told anyone that they aren't part of our plans who were under contract under Klopp's reign, that's never happened.  ;D

We have no reason to tell someone that they're part of their plan if that isn't the case. That would be idiotic.

The plan is pretty broad in this case though isn't it,even if fit I doubt he will get many starts or even minutes,our progression has surpassed him imo.He only made the CL bench because we named 12
« Last Edit: June 5, 2019, 09:51:02 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3715 on: June 5, 2019, 09:51:49 pm »
The plan is pretty broad in this case though isn't it,even if fit I doubt he will get many starts or even minutes,our progression has surpassed him imo.

You have no idea of knowing that, neither do I. Ultimately the club and the coaching staff know enough about the players at hand about what they want with them and whether or not they can get what they require. They've would have already known whether or not they want to use any player by the time end of the season arrives. Ala Sturridge and Moreno who both had expiring contracts and we made our minds up that we weren't going to be offering new contracts to use them going forward.

Whatever the plan is, the coaching staff and the club don't have a reason to be disingenuous with a player and tell him one thing whilst doing another

Klopp has a record of being pretty honest with everyone here, whether he wants them to stay,leave,etc..

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3716 on: June 5, 2019, 09:55:26 pm »
You have no idea of knowing that, neither do I. Ultimately the club and the coaching staff know enough about the players at hand about what they want with them and whether or not they can get what they require. They've would have already known whether or not they want to use any player by the time end of the season arrives. Ala Sturridge and Moreno who both had expiring contracts and we made our minds up that we weren't going to be offering new contracts to use them going forward.

Whatever the plan is, the coaching staff and the club don't have a reason to be disingenuous with a player and tell him one thing whilst doing another

Klopp has a record of being pretty honest with everyone here, whether he wants them to stay,leave,etc..

Ok I will put in another way,would be pretty fucking idiotic to tell him we want rid when we know it is doubtful that any club will take the risk,has fuck all to do with being disingenuous,plans change and were we to get an even half decent offer for him we would sell and put his wages to better use.

And again,he only made the CL bench because we got to name 12.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3717 on: June 5, 2019, 10:02:34 pm »
Ok I will put in another way,would be pretty fucking idiotic to tell him we want rid when we know it is doubtful that any club will take the risk

Why are you so upset? It wouldn't be idiotic given that he has a year left on his contract and he can walk out on a free. So if we wanted to get rid, we could tell him that he isn't needed and look to sell him.

And again,he only made the CL bench because we got to name 12.

I am not arsed why he made the bench, all I am stating is what is clearly written in the article and said by him. I am not debating whether he's able to do anything noteworthy, nor am I advocating for him to be part of major plans.

Read.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3718 on: June 5, 2019, 10:07:36 pm »
Not upset,just repeated your idiotic line.

If we get a decent offer we will sell imo,we'd be stupid not to.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #3719 on: June 5, 2019, 10:09:27 pm »
He's one of the few in the squad with a unique skill set namely his link up play. If he is happy with his role at the club then I'd love him to stay because 1 he seems to have a good attitude and good person to have in the dressing room. Secondly he provides depth in midfield and can operate in a number of positions.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be offering him a new contract or anything but I'm happy for him to go out on a free next year and retain his abilities on and off the pitch for the upcoming season. It's not like we'd get massive money for him either. Now if what is being reported isn't true and he wants a more prominent role and more minutes then he should look for another club but I am happy either way really.