Author Topic: Glen Johnson  (Read 11133 times)

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
Glen Johnson
« on: July 13, 2015, 08:10:00 am »

He looks sad  :'(
🔥97🔥

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Glen Johnson
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 08:12:16 am »

So would you if you'd been photobombed by Mesut Özil

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 09:38:02 am »
Good Luck to him but not in the first prem game
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 11:09:39 am »
I always thought he'd go to Spain

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 12:39:34 pm »
Good luck Glen. Hope you do well, except against us. :wave
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 12:59:25 pm »

He does.

I'm glad he got sorted nice and early though - nothing worse than employment uncertainty.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 02:22:45 pm »

He's signed for Stoke!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 03:05:31 pm »
He does.

I'm glad he got sorted nice and early though - nothing worse than employment uncertainty.

Especially when you've already accumulated enough wealth to never have to work again and still live a very comfortable life.

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 03:12:49 pm »
He said something along the lines of "I'm finally glad to be at a club that's going places" so fuck him.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 03:15:41 pm »
I always thought he'd go to Spain

So did I, my Spanish teacher was the one who taught him to speak Spanish. Said he told her he wanted to finish up his career in Spain.

Guess he had to choose between £50,000 a week at Stoke or £4,000 a week at some midtable Spanish team, and money won out
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 03:18:00 pm »
it's a shame we should have replaced him sooner he was/is a top fullback but the last 3-4 years he has been getting worse every season before that he was one of my favourite players. Wish him luck at Stoke and thanks for them goals against Chelsea and West Ham :)

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 07:49:14 am »
I think had he left a couple of years ago, we'd have a lot more fond memories of him, rather than his career coming to a slow grind and painful performances tainting how he used to be before. He was a top fullback for the first few seasons he was here and I never really got the criticism of him. But the last couple of seasons he's been too predictable/slow/lacking in concentration, etc. take your pick.

Wish him the best with Stoke.

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 08:23:30 am »
I always wondered had something changed in his private life, his dip in form seemed odd. As well as learning spainish I read he was doing a maths degree too.
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 09:21:49 am »
Especially when you've already accumulated enough wealth to never have to work again and still live a very comfortable life.

there is that -  :-[ - I forget sometimes what obscene money players actually make

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 02:40:23 pm »
I always wondered had something changed in his private life, his dip in form seemed odd. As well as learning spainish I read he was doing a maths degree too.

I found that odd too. Over the last couple of years he's given me the impression that he doesn't enjoy being a footballer much anymore, like its a day job. I honestly expected him to quit or go to a league where the demands on him are much less.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 04:56:44 pm »
I found that odd too. Over the last couple of years he's given me the impression that he doesn't enjoy being a footballer much anymore, like its a day job. I honestly expected him to quit or go to a league where the demands on him are much less.

That's true. He's had a couple of kids over the last two years though, hasn't he? Stress of his wife being pregnant, late nights looking after the babies, whilst also taking care of his elder kid all at the same time. It effects most men to a massive degree, footballers surely can't be exempt from it either. Although I'm sure the money helps a long way...

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #16 on: August 1, 2015, 05:48:51 pm »
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/246199/cologne-2-stoke-city-1?page=25

They seem to already be bitching about his defensive traits.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 1, 2015, 07:50:22 pm »
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/246199/cologne-2-stoke-city-1?page=25

They seem to already be bitching about his defensive traits.

Hope he plays the full 90 next week

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #18 on: August 2, 2015, 12:10:34 am »
So did I, my Spanish teacher was the one who taught him to speak Spanish. Said he told her he wanted to finish up his career in Spain.

Guess he had to choose between £50,000 a week at Stoke or £4,000 a week at some midtable Spanish team, and money won out

You earn 50k a week and you can buy part of spain once you retire and play for a lower level club for fun in the sun
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 11:05:46 pm »
Was thinking about our progression in the fullback positions under Klopp. The 2 young boys at RB (with mr. reliable Clyne still to return!) and the fantastic bargain Robertson and rejuvenated Moreno.

What an improvement from this fella and Cissokho!

Was one of our strangest ever players. Was constantly shocking for years, never understood why we didn't bin him way earlier than we did.

What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 08:12:07 am »
Did you really just dig up a near 3 year old thread, after a great result, to have a bitch and a moan about an ex-player?  ???

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 08:25:04 am »
Was thinking about our progression in the fullback positions under Klopp. The 2 young boys at RB (with mr. reliable Clyne still to return!) and the fantastic bargain Robertson and rejuvenated Moreno.

Was one of our strangest ever players. Was constantly shocking for years, never understood why we didn't bin him way earlier than we did.

Well that's not true
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 01:46:55 pm »
Did you really just dig up a near 3 year old thread, after a great result, to have a bitch and a moan about an ex-player?  ???

Well, this is RAWK......
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 01:49:26 pm »

Probably couldn't find anything wrong with the game to have a whinge about.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 03:15:34 pm »
Hate the revisionism aimed toward Johnson and Enrique.

Both were good players for us when they first joined, before injuries ruined it. Johnson in particular was one of our standout performers during the difficult years.

And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 04:21:25 pm »

Both were good players for us when they first joined, before injuries ruined it. Johnson in particular was one of our standout performers during the difficult years.

I hated the way Enrique was treated. People angry with him in social media etc. He was a good player but injury totally ruin him.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 04:38:48 pm »
What a player this kid is turning into. Mental we let him go.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 07:30:07 am »
Where he's playing now?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 08:47:40 am »
https://www.johnsonsrealestate.com/about

Getting into this more now. Think he is still on Stokes books.
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2018, 08:54:42 am »

Agreed. Johnson was phenomenal in his first season and remember him almost winning us games on his own from RB. I think the following years of mediocre teams and political problems at club level got to him. Was a shadow of his former self when he left (footballing wise of course).

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2018, 05:33:29 pm »
Where he's playing now?

Still at Stoke. Been injured most of this season

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2018, 05:36:45 pm »
I was very excited by the Johnson signing at the time. One of  Hose unfortunate ones where he joined just as things started to turn to shit. Those early months of 09/10 when we had a few 3-2 wins and were showing signs of cracking a bit, he was pretty good for us.

Had a good resurgence under Kenny too, playing at Left Back for a while. Rattled the bar in the first minute of the League Cup Final didn’t he? Had a few little things gone better he’d have been more fondly remembered but to be lumped in with Cissokho is just wrong.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2018, 09:10:04 pm »

Klopp would have rated Johnson, just like every Liverpool and England manager did during his period playing for us.

Very underrated player by many LFC fans, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:12:39 pm by Bjornar »

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2018, 12:46:28 pm »
Still at Stoke. Been injured most of this season

Cheers
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2018, 05:12:54 am »
I don’t think it’s revisionism to say he was shocking in his last few seasons. He had a stellar first season, then good patches but there were always consistency issues, injury issues, concentration issues... I got pretty sick of the sight of him being caught out of position or beaten for headers. That said, he was often very important for us because I remember for much of his time here, we never really had any proper wingers or left backs, meaning the side was incredibly dependent on him for providing width.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2018, 08:32:07 am »
Most of the goals he scored for us were quality.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2018, 03:52:58 pm »
I don’t think it’s revisionism to say he was shocking in his last few seasons. He had a stellar first season, then good patches but there were always consistency issues, injury issues, concentration issues... I got pretty sick of the sight of him being caught out of position or beaten for headers. That said, he was often very important for us because I remember for much of his time here, we never really had any proper wingers or left backs, meaning the side was incredibly dependent on him for providing width.

Yep. About this. Decent under Rafa, going forward anyway (nothing like as secure as Arbeloa defending though). Like so many was shocking under Hodgson, then picked up massively when Kenny came in before fading and then was excellent for the first 6 months under Rodgers (arguably our best player with Suarez) before dropping off a cliff afterwards. Had some good moments after but it always felt like we were carrying him at times.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2018, 03:58:08 pm »
It seems that he is already planning for retirement.

Hope it goes well for him.
Justice for the 96!

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2018, 10:08:36 am »
Might get laughed at but always thought he had tremendous potential, ie could have been world class if things had panned out for him. Whether it was injuries, issues with the club at the time and his own attitude, it just all added up to a what if. Honestly thought he was one of the best footballers I have seen play as a fullback in recent years as when he put his mind to it, he could ghost past the opposition. On the other side he irritate the hell out of you for getting caught out of position or miss an easy header, which is why I always thought he be better off playing for a team that wouldnt want to defend that much. Basically if he was Spanish and had a better run of luck with injuries he would have been a perfect fit for a Barca.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2018, 02:41:35 pm »
It seems that he is already planning for retirement.

Hope it goes well for him.
It explains a lot.
I really liked him as a player, he started well and then tailed off. He came across as someone who wasn't particularly bothered about football, more of a job than a passion, and I think to be consistent at the top of the game for a long period, it has to be all consuming.