Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 147519 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spiders....
« Reply #2080 on: November 17, 2021, 07:18:33 pm »
Fuck living in Australia. Worst thing is those huge bastards can even hide under sun visors in cars. So if it's a sunny day and you decide you pull it down, chances are you might get a heart attack.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2081 on: November 17, 2021, 07:22:18 pm »
Genuinely, how do you kill that? Like what do you even look for. The only thing I can think of is a shotgun
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2082 on: November 17, 2021, 07:44:01 pm »
Genuinely, how do you kill that? Like what do you even look for. The only thing I can think of is a shotgun

And then probably the shotgun for good measure.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2083 on: November 17, 2021, 07:50:25 pm »

Its harmless, so you catch it in a box and release it outside.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bRV4d9LCawU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bRV4d9LCawU</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2084 on: November 17, 2021, 09:10:21 pm »
She is in Adelaide. She has been there 40 years but is still shit scared of the spiders.

When I lived in Sydney my bedroom window had the same sort of wire mesh “to keep the bugs out”, sadly it keeps big bastards like that in! Would be a struggle to chuck it out the door.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2085 on: November 18, 2021, 12:43:09 am »
My aunt in Australia just found this thing on her kitchen door.
That hits you with a rolled-up Echo.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2086 on: November 18, 2021, 12:46:09 am »
When I lived in Sydney my bedroom window had the same sort of wire mesh “to keep the bugs out”, sadly it keeps big bastards like that in! Would be a struggle to chuck it out the door.

If that was in my bedroom I'd be tucking it in, making it a Horlicks then sleeping on the couch and hoping it got up and left early next morning.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2087 on: November 18, 2021, 12:58:58 am »
If that was in my bedroom I'd be tucking it in, making it a Horlicks then sleeping on the couch and hoping it got up and left early next morning.

You would sleep in the house with that thing in it?? Are you insane?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2088 on: November 18, 2021, 01:17:34 am »
You would sleep in the house with that thing in it?? Are you insane?
I'm not going to offend something that big.  :D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: November 18, 2021, 01:25:53 am »
I'm not going to offend something that big.  :D

You don't try to do anything but get as far away from it as possible, leave a burning trail if you need to.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2090 on: November 18, 2021, 01:36:22 am »
You don't try to do anything but get as far away from it as possible, leave a burning trail if you need to.

:D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2091 on: November 18, 2021, 01:54:53 am »

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #2092 on: November 18, 2021, 08:58:36 am »
I like them. Fascinating creatures. I once had a similar fear to many, but I learnt to overcome that fear by giving them names. So, I have Colin the spider, Alan the spider, Kevin the spider etc in most corners of my house. They are safe in my house, except from Beryl and Elsie the cats. They perform pest control and eat mozzies etc.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2093 on: November 18, 2021, 11:33:19 am »
My aunt in Australia just found this thing on her kitchen door. 

Honestly, do fuck off

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2094 on: November 18, 2021, 11:37:05 am »
In my time in Australia I never saw any spider like that in my flat. Thank fuck. But still, I’d still wake up in the night, or morning and not really want to look around my room because there ‘could’ be something like that big bastard there. And that was bad enough!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2095 on: November 18, 2021, 11:39:40 am »
Its harmless, so you catch it in a box and release it outside.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bRV4d9LCawU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bRV4d9LCawU</a>

Just plucked up the courage to watch. Where did it even end up? So now they have an angry Huntsman in the house!

Quite funny the shot of him legging it with his foot in the container though. :D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2096 on: November 18, 2021, 11:52:48 am »
Just plucked up the courage to watch. Where did it even end up? So now they have an angry Huntsman in the house!

Quite funny the shot of him legging it with his foot in the container though. :D

Search for his other video where he makes a spider catcher out of the hoover ;D

Edit:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/36WYDEaVXwU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/36WYDEaVXwU</a>

Mates of my Ma emigrated to Melbourne in the 70's and then moved to QLand right by a big lake. They get pythons and stuff on their decking and found a huge huntsman, about 8 inch across, on the outside of their motorhome on one trip.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 11:57:39 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2097 on: November 18, 2021, 01:27:58 pm »
I like them. Fascinating creatures. I once had a similar fear to many, but I learnt to overcome that fear by giving them names. So, I have Colin the spider, Alan the spider, Kevin the spider etc in most corners of my house. They are safe in my house, except from Beryl and Elsie the cats. They perform pest control and eat mozzies etc.
Despite my joking around, I'm ok with them these days too. I wouldn't hurt one now. I leave them alone, or if it's too intrusive to my personal space I move it and put it somewhere else. They are all called 'spidey' in Casa Spion though.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: December 8, 2021, 10:53:58 am »
No.

No no no.

Just... no.

No end to the no.

Keep on no-ing

Then no some more.

No off the end of a pier.

Then no off even more.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2099 on: December 8, 2021, 12:09:53 pm »
I once went round to someone I worked witch’s house and they had a pet tarantula, and also a toilet seat with tarantulas painted all over. Very nearly shat myself.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: December 8, 2021, 12:29:11 pm »
I once went round to someone I worked witch’s house and they had a pet tarantula, and also a toilet seat with tarantulas painted all over. Very nearly shat myself.

Good place to do it at least.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2101 on: March 9, 2022, 06:56:01 pm »
O.K wtf is going on with this!!!!!
https://www.livescience.com/joro-spider-invade-east-coast. We got enough problems with the Rats could do with out fuck off sized spiders as well.Apparently harmless to people but still.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2022, 06:59:55 pm by Boston always unofficial »

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: March 9, 2022, 07:40:50 pm »
O.K wtf is going on with this!!!!!
https://www.livescience.com/joro-spider-invade-east-coast. We got enough problems with the Rats could do with out fuck off sized spiders as well.Apparently harmless to people but still.

The best bit is the hatchlings parachute in on webs, imagine them all falling from the sky.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: March 9, 2022, 09:33:37 pm »
The best bit is the hatchlings parachute in on webs, imagine them all falling from the sky.

I work outside alot over the summer so being spider bombed when up a ladder and then 10 foot spiderwebs!

Offline Big Swifty

• Main Stander
« Reply #2104 on: March 11, 2022, 02:42:03 pm »
Spiders are fascinating. I love watching the ones on my front porch when I'm out for a ciggy. We have Missing sector orb weavers (Zygiella x-notata) all over the wall lights, spinning their webs between the light fitting and the wall. Their common name comes from the fact they spin orb webs but there is a section missing, through which runs a strand of web which functions as a signal line. They tend to have a den somewhere at the edge of web and when something is caught the vibration runs through the signal line to alert them, at which point they scurry across the web and do their thing.

I also have pet tarantulas and it's fascinating and very satisfying to watch them web, eat, burrow and particularly how they grow and change with each moult, putting on size but also developing their adult colours.  8)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2105 on: March 14, 2022, 02:25:17 pm »
Psychopath alert!

Offline Big Swifty

• Main Stander
« Reply #2106 on: March 14, 2022, 10:33:43 pm »
Oh, don't be such a scaredy pants.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2107 on: March 15, 2022, 10:35:04 am »
Spiders are great swimmers.

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2108 on: August 8, 2022, 10:09:04 am »
Came home on Saturday night and there was a fucker the size of the palm of my hand on the kitchen wall (and my hands are perfectly adequately sized!). Couldn’t be arsed dealing with that so went to bed. Came down yesterday morning and of course is gone. Although we know it’s not gone, it’s just hiding...waiting.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #2109 on: August 8, 2022, 10:20:18 am »
Took my kids to a spider exhibition recently, where they had all the biggest spiders in the world. They ask who wants to handle a tarantula, my kids run a mile and scream for me when they see the tiniest spider so I thought they wouldn't volunteer, but my eldest walks up bold as brass and lets this thing walk all up her arm. I can't work that out. I can handle dealing with spiders usually, but its the idea of them crawling on me that creeps me out.

This thing

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2110 on: August 8, 2022, 10:25:59 am »
Came home on Saturday night and there was a fucker the size of the palm of my hand on the kitchen wall (and my hands are perfectly adequately sized!). Couldn’t be arsed dealing with that so went to bed. Came down yesterday morning and of course is gone. Although we know it’s not gone, it’s just hiding...waiting.

Waiting,watching,plotting....

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: August 8, 2022, 11:19:14 am »
Yep, he's just holed up now, until September when he invites all his sex crazed mates around to party.

🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2112 on: September 6, 2022, 10:11:06 pm »
That time of year again folks. Brace yourself for the Daily Mail to be drumming up stories of eight legged man eating foreign shag machines on ketamine coming to invade our homes and crawl all over our children.

Personally not that bothered by them, but having an arachnophobic wife means a pressure sprayer full of essential oils and a bedroom smelling like a pack of extra strong mints.

Roll on October…

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2113 on: September 6, 2022, 11:14:47 pm »
False widows have taken up squatters rights in many homes, sheds and greenhouses this week.

Unlucky all you spider scaredy pants 😂

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2114 on: September 7, 2022, 07:07:56 am »
False widows have taken up squatters rights in many homes, sheds and greenhouses this week.

Unlucky all you spider scaredy pants 😂

Don’t mind them as much as house spiders for some reason as long as they stick to their spaces. Often think I see them but how do you know? Don’t they look very much like a similar harmless species?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2115 on: September 7, 2022, 08:53:10 am »
Don’t mind them as much as house spiders for some reason as long as they stick to their spaces. Often think I see them but how do you know? Don’t they look very much like a similar harmless species?

I've no idea mate I don't take any notice of any of them.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2116 on: September 7, 2022, 09:25:02 am »
I've no idea mate I don't take any notice of any of them.

Fair dos. I’m less brave. However these types (or the ones that look like them) seem to stick to themselves by window frames, so not too bothered by them.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2117 on: September 7, 2022, 12:10:33 pm »
In the treehouse in Anglesey the other week there were a number of spiders pottering about. We just left them to it. But one night I went into the kitchen for a drink of water and there was an absolute monster on the wall by the stairs. 😲

It was one of those thick, dark brown/black hairy ones. Sorry Spidey, but you had to go. Just the idea of waking in the night with Alien on my face was enough. I managed to trap him in the biggest glass I could find and put him outside. He lives to find a lady spider another day.

🕷️

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2118 on: September 7, 2022, 12:30:51 pm »
In the treehouse in Anglesey the other week there were a number of spiders pottering about. We just left them to it. But one night I went into the kitchen for a drink of water and there was an absolute monster on the wall by the stairs. 😲

It was one of those thick, dark brown/black hairy ones. Sorry Spidey, but you had to go. Just the idea of waking in the night with Alien on my face was enough. I managed to trap him in the biggest glass I could find and put him outside. He lives to find a lady spider another day.

🕷️

phew for a minute there i thought you'd whacked him with a rolled up copy of the echo!

ain't no spider has ever called me a scouse bastard (paraphrasing muhammad ali)

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2119 on: September 7, 2022, 01:04:15 pm »
phew for a minute there i thought you'd whacked him with a rolled up copy of the echo!

ain't no spider has ever called me a scouse bastard (paraphrasing muhammad ali)
:)

I wouldn't hurt him. He was there first. I'm on his patch.

I operate a catch and release policy. 😀🕷️