Author Topic: New Banner Ideas  (Read 1371767 times)

Offline tommy-

• Kopite
  • Take me drunk, i'm home!
Re: New Banner Ideas
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2006, 07:18:28 pm »
That is sick, but I like it.

Can anyone make a mock up of it to see how it looks??

Quick go

Haven't got the time or might of done it my self

Offline kopite-stu

• Anny Roader
  • The first and the last. Cardiff 01 & 06.
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2006, 07:58:35 pm »
Stop it please. i cant take anymore :jester
Red for life

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 19, 2006, 08:09:09 pm »
I want to see some more of anfieldpurch's ideas as he has come up with some crackers.  Will you be getting them made?

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2006, 08:19:10 pm »
Definitely will be making them
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Litherland_Leon

• OOT Feedback Tourist #1
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2006, 08:20:30 pm »

all of them?

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: January 19, 2006, 08:22:57 pm »
I can never think of anythign original to put on banners.  It's so annoying 'cause I just see other people thinking up loads of great ideas.

Offline Little Alex

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2006, 08:28:50 pm »

I think you'll out shine everyone elses if you make them all.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 08:31:25 pm by Little Alex »

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2006, 08:37:47 pm »
                 --------------------------------------------------------------------
                [                                 ANFIELD PERCH                           ]
                [                                                                                    ]
                [                         THE SPEACIAL ONE ! ! ! ! !                  ]
                [                                                                                    ]
                [                               MOURIN WHO ?                             ]
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------

success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2006, 08:41:16 pm »
                 --------------------------------------------------------------------
                [                                 ANFIELD PERCH                           ]
                [                         THE SPEACIAL ONE ! ! ! ! !                  ]
                [                               MOURIN WHO ?                             ]
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm liking that.  So very true as well!

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2006, 08:41:28 pm »
i have 2 to make they are these
and
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 08:43:16 pm by anfieldpurch »

Offline Little Alex

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2006, 08:51:06 pm »
What about my personal favourite?

We have got big ears
We can your fans jeers
As we beat you to sneers
You'll always be in Tears

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Back Anfield Arnie.
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2006, 08:54:33 pm »
that red cross is your best yet... :broken
***** BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA!*****

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2006, 08:55:05 pm »
will fix up a picture soon but until then here's my new banner

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2006, 08:58:23 pm »
New one? You haven't even got a fuckin old one.

Andy Roper, you have just made me piss myself. That was fucking hilarious

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #174 on: January 19, 2006, 08:58:33 pm »
and
Looks like a phone number across the banner lad.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2006, 08:59:27 pm »
Just rang it. Kebab will be here in about 25 minutes.

Offline Litherland_Leon

• OOT Feedback Tourist #1
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2006, 09:04:16 pm »
the best yet

i love the fact that we're not just the best team in Europe but the best English team in Europe. nice bit of advertising for carlsberg, why don't you put Liverworld on it too or even Reebok?

how big will this one be then?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 09:06:15 pm by Litherland_Leon »

Offline Calftownred.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2006, 09:11:39 pm »
:lmao

some sound banners there anfieldpurch

Any ready in time for Sunday ??
Make us dream

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2006, 09:53:19 pm »
How about a big one of these..... :)

A big smiley   
one eye could be the badge of honour.
The other eye could be the liverpool badge (the oval one from 96/97 ish)
and five euro cups in a semi circle as the mouth.

And above it in big letters..... WE'RE NOT FAMOUS ANY MORE.

Oh the irony of that one.

Offline kopite-stu

• Anny Roader
  • The first and the last. Cardiff 01 & 06.
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2006, 09:59:44 pm »
will fix up a picture soon but until then here's my new banner

SHITE!!!!

sorry imo
Red for life

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2006, 10:13:47 pm »
Might have been done before but here's my best artistic effort.
By the way, I won't be making it so nick the idea if you like it.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2006, 10:14:41 pm »
Kopite-stu. You obviously dont recognise genius when you see it lad.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2006, 10:20:09 pm »
I was considering making a banner myself Billy, but to be honest, when there is genius like that around, I feel I would be aiming to high, you know, trying to compete with such utter genius.

It's simply not within my minimal brain to come up with something quite so unbelievably poetic and meaningful.

I think banner making should be retired in all honesty out of respect. The man is a genius. I've just nominated him to be on the Queen's birthday honours list, in line for a knighthood, for "Services to Banner making"

Anfield Perch. I salute you.

P.S. Can I make whichever one you decide not to make please? I'd be so proud to own something that brilliant.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2006, 10:20:13 pm »
I'm not putting mine up now anfieldpurch has put my effort to shame
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2006, 10:22:22 pm »

SHITE!!!!

sorry imo

Ban him. He doesnt see what we do.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2006, 10:40:40 pm »
just a quick one....not so much a banner..more just a picture to be honest...

Bit too close to the bone for my liking, will you take it all with good humour when they come back with 'hilarious' Michael Shields and Hillsborough chants?
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline jward85

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96 - We Will Not Forget
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2006, 10:42:43 pm »
Bit too close to the bone for my liking, will you take it all with good humour when they come back with 'hilarious' Michael Shields and Hillsborough chants?

They'll sing them anyway..................
Justice for the 96
RTK

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2006, 10:48:32 pm »
They'll sing them anyway..................
oh well as long as we can sink to their level thats fine, carry on the good work
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline jward85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2006, 11:00:25 pm »
oh well as long as we can sink to their level thats fine, carry on the good work

Lets all be superfans then instead...........
Whilst they sing about Hillsborough, lets not retaliate, because that makes us bad fans.
Justice for the 96
RTK

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2006, 11:03:13 pm »
Lets all be superfans then instead...........
Whilst they sing about Hillsborough, lets not retaliate, because that makes us bad fans.

yes because taking along a flag celebrating the recent death of their greatest is 'retaliation'. Get over yourself ,its shite like this that keeps the fuckwitts going.

Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2006, 11:15:36 pm »
I was considering making a banner myself Billy, but to be honest, when there is genius like that around, I feel I would be aiming to high, you know, trying to compete with such utter genius.

It's simply not within my minimal brain to come up with something quite so unbelievably poetic and meaningful.

I think banner making should be retired in all honesty out of respect. The man is a genius. I've just nominated him to be on the Queen's birthday honours list, in line for a knighthood, for "Services to Banner making"

Anfield Perch. I salute you.

P.S. Can I make whichever one you decide not to make please? I'd be so proud to own something that brilliant.

Phil, I love Purch's ideas.  Excellent.  Some true works of art.

But see if you make one, and hang it out ''the minibus'' to Lisbon...  you're fooking walking mate!

Offline jward85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2006, 11:25:27 pm »
yes because taking along a flag celebrating the recent death of their greatest is 'retaliation'. Get over yourself ,its shite like this that keeps the fuckwitts going.

Get over meself.... alrite then yeh. If you are prepared to listen then I'll tell you of my experiences of Liverpool vs Man U games............
I don't know whether you are a matchgoing fan or not, if you are then you will know full well that there is a lot of bile and hatred between us and the Mancs, there is and possibly/probably always will be Munich chants, George Best chants, Hillsborough chants etc etc etc. Thats the way it is and thats how I believe it always will be. Not condoning it but thats the way it is. Not to mention tht if you get caught out in Manchester as a Scouser on a Man Utd v Liverpool match-day, there is a very good chance of getting a good hiding.
It just annoys me sometimes the "superfan" mentality that it is some sort of "crime" to sing a Munich song or make a so-called "offensive" banner, or twat a stray Manc. Sure, it isnt the nice of things to do........
But they'd do the exact same to us.
Now again, I'm not saying thats right, but thats the way it is.
If you are a match going fan, I hope you can at least see where I'm coming from.........
If not, then it won't affect you so continue to be a superfan from the comfort of your armchair, and everything will be rosy.
Justice for the 96
RTK

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2006, 11:49:29 pm »
Get over meself.... alrite then yeh. If you are prepared to listen then I'll tell you of my experiences of Liverpool vs Man U games............
I don't know whether you are a matchgoing fan or not, if you are then you will know full well that there is a lot of bile and hatred between us and the Mancs, there is and possibly/probably always will be Munich chants, George Best chants, Hillsborough chants etc etc etc. Thats the way it is and thats how I believe it always will be. Not condoning it but thats the way it is. Not to mention tht if you get caught out in Manchester as a Scouser on a Man Utd v Liverpool match-day, there is a very good chance of getting a good hiding.
It just annoys me sometimes the "superfan" mentality that it is some sort of "crime" to sing a Munich song or make a so-called "offensive" banner, or twat a stray Manc. Sure, it isnt the nice of things to do........
If you are a match going fan, I hope you can at least see where I'm coming from.........
If not, then it won't affect you so continue to be a superfan from the comfort of your armchair, and everything will be rosy.

The Barnes Generation understand but maybe not condone. To everyone else "Were the best in the land dontcha know?"

Offline tommy-

• Kopite
  • Take me drunk, i'm home!
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2006, 11:50:55 pm »
Hows your song writing skills purch?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2006, 12:55:07 am »

The thing is lad we all know what goes on and a lot of us have experienced it first hand, myself included. But I never sing those songs and I'd never take a banner like the Best one above. Why? Because I am better than that. Sure, if you come face to face with them before or after the game you know what they want and yes then , maybe shit happens but there is a line that in my opinion anyway should not be crossed.

Just because you know they will taunt us with their predictable filth doesn't mean we should do the same. I used to think that if we didn't it was a serious loss of face. Bollocks, you live and learn and for as long as you have your mentality that it will always be the way it is then it always will be because you're actively keeping it alive! If they start singing "the hills are alive" should we respond with "the sound of music"?

Growing up I idolised King Kenny, he was in every way the perfect role model. I tried to play like him, I had his name on the back of me shirt and my prized possession for a while was my "Kenny Coat" the red and grey one with the big adidas logo on the back that he used to wear even in September. I've since seen him many a time sitting in the stands watching us as we take on the mancs while these sick chants have been exchanged back & forth and I often wonder how he feels, not to mention the families. I also remember the horrified look on his face that terrible day in April 89.

This shit won't go on forever unless you want it to and to want it to is a crime!

We can be bitter or we can be better..........be better mate!
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2006, 12:58:43 am »

I know as well as the next  man the c*nts the mancs have got, and i'm not expecting us to be superfans.

What i'm saying is there's no point laughing your tits off about Munich, Shipman and Best and then getting all pious when they start shouting 96 back at you or singing their Michael shields in a bulgarian jail song. I'm not  talking about being Ghandi and if the cocks act up then do what you got to do but don't be the tit to start it by taking shite like that in which whilst amusing to one set of fans is only going to think we're the lowest form of scum.

By all means hate them for footy reasons but leave the sick shite to city fans and Millwall

And as it happens i make it to pretty much every game but i do like my rosy world sat in my armchair wearing my silk kimono. ;D
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2006, 12:59:57 am »
The thing is lad we all know what goes on and a lot of us have experienced it first hand, myself included. But I never sing those songs and I'd never take a banner like the Best one above. Why? Because I am better than that. Sure, if you come face to face with them before or after the game you know what they want and yes then , maybe shit happens but there is a line that in my opinion anyway should not be crossed.

Just because you know they will taunt us with their predictable filth doesn't mean we should do the same. I used to think that if we didn't it was a serious loss of face. Bollocks, you live and learn and for as long as you have your mentality that it will always be the way it is then it always will be because you're actively keeping it alive! If they start singing "the hills are alive" should we respond with "the sound of music"?

Growing up I idolised King Kenny, he was in every way the perfect role model. I tried to play like him, I had his name on the back of me shirt and my prized possession for a while was my "Kenny Coat" the red and grey one with the big adidas logo on the back that he used to wear even in September. I've since seen him many a time sitting in the stands watching us as we take on the mancs while these sick chants have been exchanged back & forth and I often wonder how he feels, not to mention the families. I also remember the horrified look on his face that terrible day in April 89.

This shit won't go on forever unless you want it to and to want it to is a crime!

We can be bitter or we can be better..........be better mate!

didn't need to waste my time typing mine with my fat fingers, spot on with everything you've got to say there.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline jward85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2006, 01:07:44 am »
And as it happens i make it to pretty much every game but i do like my rosy world sat in my armchair wearing my silk kimono. ;D

;D

As I said, I'd like to think that as a matchgoer, you would at very least be able to see my point of view, and in a roundabout way I think you do.

I agree with almost all of what you and also Fletcher Memorial are saying, its just that as I keep saying, sometimes it's easy to be the "superfan" and claim to be "the bigger man", when in reality, most of the lads who do go to the match are the type who would prefer to stand and fight than let the insults go "unanswered" so to speak.
Justice for the 96
RTK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2006, 01:13:30 am »
It's high time that scores are settled on the pitch and come sunday night we will be laffin for that very reason!  ;)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2006, 02:20:55 am »
I’ve been pretty vocal recently in my concerns about the RAWK banner project. Now while I admit to initially not thinking the design was "suitable" for a proper big banner I now realise I was out of touch with popular consensus!

So having sulked, made a pathetically lazy effort and then sulked some more I decided to try and have a go myself bearing in mind the current movement. These efforts are still in their formative stage and are in no way near completion or aimed at deposing the current design (as it is far superior). But I am in the process of painting the c*nt and I haven't painted in fookin years so go easy.

However, I ask for constructive criticism and if the need to say “that’s shite lad” then so be it!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 02:39:16 am by The Fletcher Memorial »