Author Topic: Walton Breck Road  (Read 20720 times)

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Walton Breck Road
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2023, 09:43:15 am »
They need to be building/opening businesses and shops for the local community. Not something that'll just be open for Liverpool home games and events at Anfield.

Completely agree, what they are proposing isn't sexy but a co-op, heron foods and the rest will all be more benefitial for the local residents

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2023, 10:47:10 am »
Crazy considering they all ask for £8 for a steak and kidney pie.

The burgers are immense though!

Thats the cost of living sadly, everything is overpriced, was £18 for 3 pints in Bowness last weekend..

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2023, 11:21:00 am »
They need to be building/opening businesses and shops for the local community. Not something that'll just be open for Liverpool home games and events at Anfield.

What do you suggest, there are already corner shops and pubs and eateries in the immediate vicinity. There is a chemist not too far away.  A Supermarket on Breck Road.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2023, 05:44:38 pm »

The area is filling back up again and it does need 'convenience' and service shopping and no business can really survive on the basis of 19 - 25 football days a year but the failure of the local 'high street' is endemic. There's lots of down at heel local shops all around the country, never mind the city. I'm sure the Asda will do fine - so it's tricky.

Personally, I don't think there's enough footfall for a Mackie Mayor or the like. There's already a local convenience shopping up the road (with an Asda). Anfield is not an administrative/ social services/ community activity centre as such and of course everyone's indoors on their computers anyway. I posted the picture of Yawkey Way (below) as an example of sorts but then they play baseball 80+ times a year...

My thoughts are it needs to be a place to go for the local community first (but the police want all that 'leisure activity' in town where it's easier to police) irrespective of the football but maybe benefitting from it. Maybe another Lark Lane? or Lark Square:

Actually, I'll see if I can do anything about that... you never know.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 05:48:11 pm by Peter McGurk »