Author Topic: Watford vs LIVERPOOL FC - Vicarage Rd Sat 16 Oct - BT Sport 12:30pm  (Read 16957 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Watford vs LIVERPOOL FC - Vicarage Rd Sat 16 Oct - BT Sport 12:30pm
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2021, 03:51:22 pm »
In fairness we didnt know about South America fixtures they just shoe horned them in.

We did. Many here were saying this in the summer when it was clear what the South America situation was going to be (on top of AFCON).

Klopp is right in what he's saying but it doesn't serve any purpose to rant in a press conference when the media will just twist his words and make headlines. Same for tomorrow when he'll be ready for aggro after the game. Just give them nothing.

There's nothing we can do about it now.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2021, 04:03:25 pm »
still pigheadly refused to strengthen the squad, despite losing Gini.

You should really try and get this point across a bit more.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2021, 04:04:43 pm »
We did. Many here were saying this in the summer when it was clear what the South America situation was going to be (on top of AFCON).

Klopp is right in what he's saying but it doesn't serve any purpose to rant in a press conference when the media will just twist his words and make headlines. Same for tomorrow when he'll be ready for aggro after the game. Just give them nothing.

Listen - just because you live you life on these boards with sheer negativity and the sky is falling all the time - doesn't mean that Klopp shouldn't speak out on important issues. He's a man of principle and isn't afraind to take on the tough issues. He's 100% in his comments and the scary BT announcers twisting his words isn't going to bother him at all. Nor is it going to affect the way we play.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2021, 04:05:19 pm »
You should really try and get this point across a bit more.

Cut him a break. It's the first time he's mentioned it in the last hour.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2021, 04:36:26 pm »

Why are you the way that you are?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2021, 04:36:59 pm »
Nice one duvva :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2021, 04:43:19 pm »
Isn’t his point with Jones though that they didn’t need to play him. He was injured 2 days before and couldn’t play, so likely not 100% in this Andorra game either. His issue is that a national team has shown little regard to a player, because they don’t have to deal with the consequences.

I agree with you about Gomez - but that’s cos I am a selfish fan who doens’t care about Liverpool players' international careers  ;D I’d love nothing more than if Trent, Hendo and Gomez never played a single second for England again.

Oh i see, if that's is indeed the case then he's spot on as he often is. Don't unnecessarily risk aggravating injuries for the sake of playing someone when you dont need to.

Haha I get that way of thinking, I like seeing our players get to play international football as I know it's important for them. I was so gutted for Trent when his injury ruled him out of the Euros

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2021, 05:35:37 pm »

"Rant"

laughable.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2021, 05:39:35 pm »
"Rant"

laughable.

He's cracking up, he's cracking up, Jurgen's cracking up...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2021, 06:29:11 pm »

Who needs the media to twist his words, there's always Fromola

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2021, 06:48:41 pm »
Why complain about England not picking Gomez, while complaining they did pick Jones? It doesn't serve Klopp to rant away in these press conferences. Like Brighton last year BT will sense blood if we drop points with a weak side out and Klopp takes the bait.

He's a right to be pissed off about internationals but we knew about South America and AFCOn and still pigheadly refused to strengthen the squad, despite losing Gini.

Really? That's what you took from our manager's press conference? That? He's pissed off with clubs being sold to evil nation-states, pissed off with UEFA and FIFA milking players for more cash to the detriment of all, and so he should be - and he damn well should speak out too.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2021, 06:58:22 pm »

The negativity is endless :lmao.

I imagine you walking around with a cloud above your head and a steady drizzle.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2021, 07:01:52 pm »
The logical conclusion to Fromola's line of argument is that no one should ever speak out about important things because the media will twist their words.

Anyway, 0-3 Salah, Mane, Salah. Lovely, ta.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2021, 07:07:15 pm »
Gomez is probably their best CB - gets seriously injured on England duty and then isn’t given another sniff when fit again, whilst shite like Coady, Mings and Tomori are called up. It does smell. David Brent behaviour.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2021, 07:42:24 pm »
Belter of an OP Duvva mate, thank you buddy.
Some cracking, classic pieces of pass and move in that video, great stuff.

Despite the KO time, the loss of players and the official, the Reds will be fine. 0-2.
Enjoy the game folks.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #95 on: October 15, 2021, 07:46:15 pm »
There really shouldn't be any excuse for not taking all 3 points.  They're just not a very good team and aside from Sarr I don't think they have a PL level player.  I guess Dennis seems somewhat useful but it's early.  Cleverly, Sissoko, Cathcart, King, on and on, they are old and bad.

So yeah we're missing some important players, shouldn't matter.  Just get the 3 points by hook or by crook and onto Atletico.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2021, 08:08:09 pm »
They beat Aston Villa in the 1st round, Norwich in the 5th and drew with Newcastle in the 6th. Obviously, we should beat them most of the time but they are not at Norwich's level, who were certain to go down even before the 1st round of the season.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2021, 08:16:25 pm »
The negativity is endless :lmao.

I imagine you walking around with a cloud above your head and a steady drizzle.

Fromola, like Everest has his own weather system.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2021, 08:41:00 pm »
I reckon bigging Joe Gomez up in the press conference today means he starts tomorrow. Give him very public support to show his faith in him.

Keep Virgil back for Madrid and United. Probably don’t want him playing 3 intense games in a week after an international break.

Milner, Henderson and AOC seem certs for midfield if we stick with 4-3-3. Could go 4-2-3-1 though
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2021, 08:41:42 pm »
Really? That's what you took from our manager's press conference? That? He's pissed off with clubs being sold to evil nation-states, pissed off with UEFA and FIFA milking players for more cash to the detriment of all, and so he should be - and he damn well should speak out too.

He's right in what he says, of course.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2021, 08:46:45 pm »
He's right in what he says, of course.

Doesn't stop you having a moan about it though!
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2021, 09:29:27 pm »
Doesn't stop you having a moan about it though!

There's no benefit to him saying it. The media will misquote him and frame it badly (Brighton last year/Rafa's rant etc), the powers that be will take absolutely no notice and other fans/pundits will just brand him a moaner.

Just give them nothing.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2021, 09:35:19 pm »
There's no benefit to him saying it. The media will misquote him and frame it badly (Brighton last year/Rafa's rant etc), the powers that be will take absolutely no notice and other fans/pundits will just brand him a moaner.

Just give them nothing.

Then the club may as well just release a statement with injury info before every game and he might as well not bother doing interviews.

It’s sad Fromola, that you can’t just appreciate how he is, rather than wish he didn’t say these things.

I LOVE that he speaks out, he does it because he’s a genuinely good man who cares about football and his team (and about people!).   Thank god he does too, the world needs more of this, not less.

And oppo fans having a dig cos they can label him a whinger? Guess what - most would love it if he was at their club  doing this.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2021, 09:36:10 pm »
I'm behind on injuries, do we have 3 available senior CMs? Henderson, Keita, Milner?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2021, 09:37:20 pm »
I'm behind on injuries, do we have 3 available senior CMs? Henderson, Keita, Milner?

Ox.

Reckon it will be Hendo, Ox and Milner to start this one.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2021, 09:37:28 pm »

And Chamberlain.

Although Keita has played three times in a week for Guinea I think!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2021, 09:41:34 pm »
Awful lack of team predictions in this thread, and more worringly, a severe lack of the good old lets twat these twats. Sort it out

Kelleher

Alexander Arnold
Van Dijk
Matip
Robertson

Henderson
Keith
Milner

Salah
Mane
Jota

Lets twat these twats

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2021, 09:46:39 pm »
Awful lack of team predictions in this thread, and more worringly, a severe lack of the good old lets twat these twats. Sort it out
Lets twat these twats

Like duvva said, recent trips have held some not so great memories, despite I imagine our record being decent there. Always a bit wary of a new manager coming in as well and with some players missing so all in all, it looks a bit trickier than one would hope.

I agree with you whole heartedly about the above however.

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2021, 09:50:21 pm »
And Chamberlain.

In that case he should be nowhere near the starting 11. Henderson, Milner, Ox it is. Doesn't exactly inspire. Fortunately Trents back and the front 3 are brilliant.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2021, 09:54:27 pm »
In that case he should be nowhere near the starting 11. Henderson, Milner, Ox it is. Doesn't exactly inspire. Fortunately Trents back and the front 3 are brilliant.

Was it Milner, Keita, Ox for the opening day game at Norwich? Watford will be more of a battle but they should be able to match them on that front.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2021, 10:10:34 pm »
Milner Hendo Ox should be enough to dog this game out. Main thing is we have the back four and front 3 fit.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2021, 10:13:16 pm »
Lots of worries about the midfield, but with all due respect if they can't do a job against the likes of Tom Cleverley and Moussa Sissoko then we might as well just stop worrying about games for the rest of the season as we'll be going nowhere important. We've already gifted promoted/relegated sides a fair few points over the past 18 months or so, and this would be a terrible time to do so again. Lots of talk about Salah's great run of form at the minute but fancy Mane for another one tomorrow to continue his personal return to form after struggling last season.

Big game for Kelleher too, only played the two league games for us and performed well in both even though one was a loss to Brighton. Wouldn't have had the usual back four in front of him for either of them games, too. Here's hoping for a clean sheet tomorrow.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2021, 11:13:31 pm »
What’s the evidence that Keita gets injured from playing regularly?
He’s clearly better than Milner or Chamberlain so can’t see why he wouldn’t start

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2021, 11:23:39 pm »
And Chamberlain.

Am I reading this correctly?? 3 games in a week..  And he hasn't picked up a niggly injury or come back ill or something..

Wow.. So what's Kloppo on about with injuries..  ::)
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline scouting for goals

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2021, 11:24:40 pm »
Not to bothered who starts tomorrow, I have complete trust in our manager. He will pick a team he believes will get the 3pts and then move on to Atletico. Let’s twats these hornets. Up the reds

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2021, 11:40:31 pm »
We must have the most injury prone midfield in the league…maybe they have to realise you aren’t always gonna be 100% fit…not all players have the Suarez mentality.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2021, 11:49:15 pm »
He’s clearly better than Milner or Chamberlain so can’t see why he wouldn’t start

Mostly him getting injured regularly!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2021, 11:59:55 pm »
So realistic squad tomorrow is:
Kelleher
TAA
VVD
Matip
Robbo
Henderson
Ox
Milner
Salah
Jota
Mane

Subs:
Adrian
Gomez
Konate
Tsimikas
Keita
Taki
Origi

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2021, 12:03:47 am »

There is no evidence because Keita never plays regularly.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2021, 12:04:11 am »
So realistic squad tomorrow is:
Kelleher
TAA
VVD
Matip
Robbo
Henderson
Ox